Divine Hiddenness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Nope, I don't hate you. I dislike your theology. You cannot possible know that I hate you. I don't hate god either. I just don't believe he exists. I am not saying he does not exist.
Go sell all you have and give it to a Christian charity. Then we'll see how much you don't hate the needy.

D

Dave L

That's a blatant lie. A person is lost because they are lost...not because they hate. The hate is from yourself.
When have they ever sold all and put the poor above their own luxury? Yourself included?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope, I don't hate you. I dislike your theology. You cannot possible know that I hate you. I don't hate god either. I just don't believe he exists. I am not saying he does not exist.

You have an agnostic stance. If one cannot deduce that there is a God by simple evidence...which is good enough for many people...then it takes an encounter with God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Look around at God's wrath on the world. It should be like Eden.

Again false...God loves the world. It is the introduction of evil into the world by the authority of the devil that the world is in this state.

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

Again false...God loves the world. It is the introduction of evil into the world by the authority of the devil that the world is in this state.
Poor god, letting things get away from him like that.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was not one time but an earnest prayer for many years. I know that I sought god for many years in a humble and honest way. "at one time" was meant as a period of time not just once.

Maybe god should have been more clear.

God generally uses natural means to reveal Himself, I would have jumped on the first boat that reached out to help me thanking God in the process for sending me help! :)

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Go sell all you have and give it to a Christian charity. Then we'll see how much you don't hate the needy.
So now I hate the needy as well? Does this exempt you? You seem to have a computer so you have not sold everything you have. BTW that is an immoral and illogical statement by Jesus anyway. If I do that, then I cannot take care of my own family which I am obligated to do morally.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who are reading on who would echo this same sentiments as those listed in the original post...the proposal here is completely backwards.

It is God who responded in giving you life in the world, not the other way around. And if you responded to Him halfheartedly, that is your doing, not His. If you did the same in school you would fail. If you did the same in a job interview no one would hire you. God has allotted you your whole life to see if you really want to pass on life eternal and just be satisfied with this short-lived organic existence. This is your second chance. Don't waste it looking a gift horse in the mouth. And to be clear, you are not a "Christian" if you only gave it a go for a time, just as you are not a skydiver because you paid your $250 and went for the ride, or a baker because you have your very own kitchen and you fired up the oven, etc.. It is a lifetime commitment. Life and death is the context. It's the answer to what life is all about.

God has manifests the entire physical world to demonstrate your choice of life or death. He has told the world that it was He who created it, and if you believe Him, you will make the right choice and live. If you don't, then this is it. The only consolation is the gift of this organic life such as it is. It's a gift either way. But with that balance sheet He doesn't owe you anything. The ball (your life) is in your court.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah, so.
um and you know this for a fact, you're saying?

Funny this came up, see, bc there is a hidden thing right there that you're maybe not hearing, and there is also a thing about Christians initially being charged with being Atheists that we get wrong too I guess.

But you're maybe fam with comparisons of Atheists and Fundies?
well, I understand the perspective, but I have to point out that these were the same exact charges leveled at Christians, and after all, reflecting on this concept--particularly the "seeing Jesus in the flesh" part--it maybe starts to make sense why, bearing in mind the beliefs of most Christians here, on that same point?

I mean I dunno, but I struggle to recall anyone here who claims to be saved that has not evinced the belief that they will see Jesus in the flesh with their two eyes? Don't you believe that?

well, I know it might be easy to put that all down to his "atheism," and I can't deny that that might be a factor, but of course I could provide any number of links for predatory Christians too, or Good Samaritans (also deemed pagans, at least) for that matter, right.
No I don't believe that point of what you say they will see Jesus in the flesh with their eyes.
Thing is that the Jews seen him in the flesh with their own eyes, and only Nathaniel knew he was Jesus Christ and it was because of what Jesus said to him that he knew such directly.
Now the others who were with Jesus thought he was a prophet until later that they knew and as to Saul it came not by seeing him but by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Another thing is that Jesus points out about wolfs in sheep clothing to look out for such, so they are not of Jesus Christ at all, but they will claim to be. I see this everywhere not to mention the Pope Frances for one.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I bet you are one of the select few, right? Your god in 1 Tim 2 says he wants all to come to the knowledge of truth, so if you are right then why is god being a jerk and telling everyone that he wants them to be saved?
Yes God wants all to come to the knowledge of Truth and be saved, but God knows that not all will want that because they are happy with playing with their own ego.
So the fact remains is that God understands totally what the subject is and the fact is not all will cut it. not that God wills that on anyone, it's you that has free will, as to or not.