Divinity Verses Deity of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.”

And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “You are certainly God’s Son!

so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says,
“And let all the angels of God worship Him.”

After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh

And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

And he said, “Lord, I believe.” And he worshiped Him.

And Thomas..Ho Theos mou kai ho Kurios mou!
In case you have missed it, note the two Definite Articles...
Only God can receive worship so Christ Jesus is both fully Man and fully God.
Many more versus that can prove Christ's Deity but this will suffice.

J.
Well I guess it might suffice for you, but not for me.....there is not one single statement from either God or his Christ even suggesting that share equality. In John 1:1, in Greek we see that two "gods" are mentioned in that one verse. "Theos" according to Strongs Concordance has the primary meaning of..."a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities."
Only one of the "gods" mentioned in there is "ho theos" (Yahweh) the other is just "theos" meaning he was divine but not deity.
Since the Word was "with Yahweh" how can he be Yahweh? Was God beside himself? And where was the third person? Missing as usual. (John 17:3)

Perhaps some research on the Greek word pro·sky·neʹo is in order. It corresponds closely to the Hebrew term hish·ta·chawahʹ in expressing the thought of obeisance and, at times, worship. It literally means bowing down to a human in showing respect ...or rendered to God in worship.

No human can receive worship, but they can receive obeisance, which is the same word....context determines the translation. There is no scripture stating that Jesus is a god/man. He had to be 100% human in order to offer his life as a ransom for the human race. But since God is immortal and cannot die, Jesus cannot be God. He can be the divine Son of God, but the redemption price for mankind was set.....A sinless life for a sinless life. Jesus as "the last Adam" paid the price that released the first Adam's children form captivity to sin and death.

John 4:22-24....to the Samaritan woman at the well Jesus said....
"You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, because salvation is from the Jews. 23 But a time is coming, and even now has arrived, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (NASB)
Worship belongs to the Father alone.

The magi did obeisance to the child Jesus....they did not come to worship a god but to honor a new King.
All honor rendered to Jesus as a human was obeisance.

The angels do not worship the Son because all worship is to be directed to the Father, as Jesus himself said to the devil. (Luke 4:5-8)
He was quoting Deuteronomy 6:13...
"You shall fear the Lord, your God, worship Him, and swear by His name. יגאֶת־יְהֹוָ֧ה אֱלֹהֶ֛יךָ תִּירָ֖א וְאֹת֣וֹ תַֽעֲבֹ֑ד וּבִשְׁמ֖וֹ תִּשָּׁבֵֽעַ" (Jewish Tanakh)

Who did the Jews worship as "The Lord their God"? A triune God? Heaven forbid! That would have incurred the death penalty....being a clear breach of the First Commandment. They were to worship no other God but Yahweh. (Exodus 20:3) Christendom has placed two other "gods" in the Father's place.

The Jewish Shema was a clear statement...."Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one. דשְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יְהֹוָ֥ה | אֶחָֽד:" (Jewish Tanakh)

יְהֹוָ֥ה (Yahweh) is the only God who is to be worshipped....Jesus is not Yahweh. Not once in any passage of scripture is Jesus ever called "Yahweh.

Reactions: Wrangler

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well I guess it might suffice for you, but not for me.....there is not one single statement from either God or his Christ even suggesting that share equality. In John 1:1, in Greek we see that two "gods" are mentioned in that one verse. "Theos" according to Strongs Concordance has the primary meaning of..."a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities."
Only one of the "gods" mentioned in there is "ho theos" (Yahweh) the other is just "theos" meaning he was divine but not deity.
Since the Word was "with Yahweh" how can he be Yahweh? Was God beside himself? And where was the third person? Missing as usual. (John 17:3)

Perhaps some research on the Greek word pro·sky·neʹo is in order. It corresponds closely to the Hebrew term hish·ta·chawahʹ in expressing the thought of obeisance and, at times, worship. It literally means bowing down to a human in showing respect ...or rendered to God in worship.

No human can receive worship, but they can receive obeisance, which is the same word....context determines the translation. There is no scripture stating that Jesus is a god/man. He had to be 100% human in order to offer his life as a ransom for the human race. But since God is immortal and cannot die, Jesus cannot be God. He can be the divine Son of God, but the redemption price for mankind was set.....A sinless life for a sinless life. Jesus as "the last Adam" paid the price that released the first Adam's children form captivity to sin and death.

"You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, because salvation is from the Jews. 23 But a time is coming, and even now has arrived, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (NASB)

The magi did obeisance to the child Jesus....they did not come to worship a god but to honor a new King.

The angels do not worship the Son because all worship is to be directed to the Father, as Jesus himself said to the devil. (Luke 4:5-8)
"You shall fear the Lord, your God, worship Him, and swear by His name. יגאֶת־יְהֹוָ֧ה אֱלֹהֶ֛יךָ תִּירָ֖א וְאֹת֣וֹ תַֽעֲבֹ֑ד וּבִשְׁמ֖וֹ תִּשָּׁבֵֽעַ" (Jewish Tanakh)

Who did the Jews worship as "The Lord their God"? A triune God? Heaven forbid! That would have incurred the death penalty....being a clear breach of the First Commandment. They were to worship no other God but Yahweh. (Exodus 20:3) Christendom has placed two other "gods" in the Father's place.

The Jewish Shema was a clear statement...."Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one. דשְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יְהֹוָ֥ה | אֶחָֽד:" (Jewish Tanakh)

יְהֹוָ֥ה (Yahweh) is the only God who is to be worshipped....Jesus is not Yahweh. Not once in any passage of scripture is Jesus ever called "Yahweh.

John 1:14 ESV
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1 ESV /
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 10:30 ESV /
I and the Father are one.”

John 8:58 ESV /
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

John 20:28 ESV /
Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Isaiah 9:6 ESV /
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Titus 2:13 ESV /
Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Colossians 2:9 ESV /
For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

Hebrews 1:8 ESV /
But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

1 Corinthians 8:6 ESV
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Matthew 1:23 ESV
“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

John 10:30-33 ESV
I and the Father are one.” The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”

John 5:18 ESV
This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Hebrews 1:3 ESV
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Revelation 1:8 ESV
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

John 1:3 ESV
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isaiah 44:6 ESV
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

2 Peter 1:1 ESV
Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

John 8:24 ESV
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

John 1:1-3 ESV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 10:33 ESV
The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”

John 1:18 ESV
No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

Isaiah 7:14 ESV
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

John 3:16 ESV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).

I and the Father are one.” The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”

This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”

No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

A radical rethink is required on your side since the Deity of Christ is under attack.
J.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I guess it might suffice for you, but not for me.....there is not one single statement from either God or his Christ even suggesting that share equality.

Lies. There are several.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Even those with murder in their hearts recognized that Jesus was claiming to be God.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

And in every one of those scriptures we see no knowledge of the Bible in the entirety of its teachings, as every one of those verses is misinterpreted because of translation bias. If you knew the entirety of what the scriptures teach, and what the Jews and first century Christians believed, rather than what an apostate church formulated over 300 years after the death of Christ, you would see that those verses prove no trinity at all.

Please give us one verse where Jesus or his Father ever directly said that they were different manifestations of the same “God”. You don’t seem to realise how blasphemous that concept is. The Father was the one promoted by his son, who was said to be “God’s holy servant” (Acts 4:27) Is God his own servant? If Jesus was God then that designation is insulting.

You have been shown evidence for why it is not possible for God to become a mere human, because no immortal can die, and Jesus had to be the equivalent of Adam not God, to provide the ransom price necessary to free Adam’s children from the debt he left them. Do you have no understanding of redemption? The price is set...nothing more, nothing less. If God himself had come in human form, there was no way for mere mortals to kill him....and there is no way he could become the equivalent of Adam to pay the redemption price. The overpayment would have been the equivalent of about 100 billion cans of bug spray to cancel out one mosquito.

Can you tell me why Jesus needed to be “God” in order to pay for Adam’s sin? Where is it written that this would be necessary? Jesus had to be 100% mortal human, without the stain of sin in order to pay the ransom, which is why he needed to come from outside the now sinful human race.

“Atonement” means “at-one-ment” or “one for one”, so with their sacrificial history, the Jews understood what “atonement” was, but Christendom lost that concept and they also lost God’s name, which made it easy to substitute one “Lord” for another. Confusing the two has led to false ideas being taught as truth....the same misinterpretations permeate the whole of Christendom’s teachings.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lies. There are several.

Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Even those with murder in their hearts recognized that Jesus was claiming to be God.
Lies? Not so if you understand what you are reading in more modern English.....and in context....Jesus is speaking to the Jews about his own disciples...

“29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Jesus says that his Father gave him his disciples, and is greater than all, and assures them that their schemes will not take his disciples out of his Father’s hand. He and his Father are united in one truth. (John 17:22)

“The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. Jesus replied to them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” The Jews answered Him, “We are not stoning You for a good work, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law: ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be nullified), 36 are you saying of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

Why did the Jews want to stone Jesus? Was he really claiming to be God? You can see Jesus’ response to them...he never said he was God, but pointed to their own scripture where his Father called human judges in Israel “gods” because of their divine authorisation. All he ever said is that he was “the Son of God”. The Jews wanted to pin a charge of blasphemy on him to give them an excuse to put him to death.....were they concerned with the truth? Or were they just seeking a reason to kill him?

Blasphemy was a serious charge and carried the death penalty under Jewish Law, but even though Jesus had to die as an innocent man, the Jews made him out to be a criminal. He broke no Jewish Law and no Jew could accept Jesus as “God”, which means that all of his first disciples knew he never once made that claim. They knew that he wasn’t. (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

“37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.” Therefore they were seeking again to arrest Him, and He eluded their grasp. (John 10:29-39 NASB)

Jesus was doing his Father’s work and never once lost sight of that.....they were involved in the same mission and Jesus had the Holy Spirit to empower him. Nowhere is God’s spirit said to be a third person in a trinity.

You demonstrate very little understanding of the scripture you quote...out of context and suggesting things it does not state. As the saying goes...”a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”. Please go and do some more thorough research....I don’t think that the scriptures are saying what you have been led to believe. Perhaps it is you who have been fed lies?

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are these the best verses to support the claim that the man Jesus is a deity?

Brother, I know in Whom I have entrusted myself and have studied this extensively.
I'm not going to getting into an argument with you.
I am amazed this forum is not properly supervised.
After all, this is a Christian forum.
Make a study on echad in the Shema.
Stydy echad and achiyd and do read ancient rabbinical writings as I have done.

But the point
here is that humankind in Gn
1:27 is “HaAdam” in Hebrew,
and that verse shows Man as
having both singularity and
plurality (oto and otam, Gn
1:27), thus reflecting his
Maker, Elohim, Who also has
singularity and plurality in
His complexity (compare
echad in Gn 2:24 and Dt 6:4).
Gn 1:26 uses a majestic plural
but the Doctrine of Hashem’s
Kedushah Meshuleshet
(Threefold Holiness) is seen in
Elohim (Gn 1:1) and the Dvar
Hashem (Gn 1:3) and the
Ruach Elohim (Gn 1:2)
engaged in the work of
creation. When we look at the
original language in Zohar
Vol.3 Ha'azinu page 288b, we
see the text which comments
on Daniel 7:13, where the Bar
Moshiach comes to the
Ancient of Days. The Zohar
says, "The Ancient One is
described as being two (TAVRESH-YUD-FINAL
NOON,Aramaic for "two")." G-d
and the Moshiach, called by
Daniel "the Ancient of Days"
and "the Son of Man" are
obviously a picture of G-d as
"two" in the Bible, and the
Zohar owns up to this fact,
calling G-d "two." Two
sentences prior to that on the
same page, the original
language of the text of the
Zohar says, "The Ancient Holy
One [i.e. G-d, Daniel 7:13] is
found with three (TAVLAMMED-TAV, Aramaic for
"three") heads or chiefs (RESHYUD-SHIN-YUD-FINAL NOON
Aramaic for "heads"), which are
united in One (CHET-DALET
Aramaic for "one")." Here we
have a picture in the Zohar of
the raz (mystery) of G-d's
unity, the distinct havayot
(subsistences, modes of being)
in Adonoi Echad. G-d is
echad,one, but a complex one,

One, but with Hashem’s
Kedushah Meshuleshet
(Threefold holiness, Isa 6:3).
Read the OJB
Then study.
If Jeshua was just a Man, then we don't have a Savior.
j.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

There is no "W" in the Hebrew alphabet, only a Vav

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could a mere human serve as "Lamb of God" ?
Or be completely without sin?

And how could a mere human forgive sins? (Something only God can do)

The first man Adam was created sinless, he was without spot or blemish. I know obedience is something the True God YHWH has always insisted upon. So when God told the first man Adam to not eat from the forbidden tree, God wasn't asking him to do something that was impossible for him. Now we all know that the first man Adam was disobedient when he ate from the forbidden tree, but that doesn't mean that God was asking something impossible from Adam and Eve when he told Adam not to eat from the forbidden tree. So whatever command that God gives his servants he isn't asking the impossible from them.
When someone starts asking, "how could a human be completely without sin," that seems to be saying by asking such a question that God was asking the impossible from the first Adam when God told Adam not to eat from the forbidden tree. Since the first Adam failed in being obedient to the true God YHWH, YHWH God determined to send a seed that wouldn't fail him. The first Adam wasn't God in the flesh or a God man and the scriptures make it clear that the Only Begotten Son Jesus was an equivalent, or corresponding, sacrifice, meaning that the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ who is the seed that the True God sent came in the likeness of the first Adam who was a perfect man. Jesus bought back what the first perfect man Adam lost. Exodus 21:23 tells us that when it comes to God's justice such as when one is murdered you should give soul to soul or life for life. 1Timothy 2:6 shows us that the Last Adam who is the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ came as a corresponding sacrifice.

So it is possible that a human man who is only a 100% perfect human can consistently remain faithful to the True God YHWH, Jesus Christ the Only Begotten Son of God proved that it was Adam who was at fault for being disobedient to YHWH God. The Only Begotten Son of God Jesus came in the likeness of the first Adam, 100% perfect human who was without sin and who was without spot or blemish. The first Adam didn't remain in that state because he was disobedient to the true God YHWH when he ate from the forbidden tree. The last Adam, the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus was born a sinless 100% human who was without spot or blemish and he remained sinless and without spot or blemish til death. The first Adam was capable of remaining without sin completely, just because he chose to be disobedient doesn't mean that it was impossible for him to remain obedient to the true God YHWH.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no "W" in the Hebrew alphabet, only a Vav
Are you serious? :rolleyes: I thought you might have told me that there is no "J" in the Hebrew alphabet....and you would be right.
But there are "J"s and "W"s in the English alphabet....and we read in English.
It is humans who quibble about such things....God knows his name in any language. It has been translated into more languages than English, you know.

Does it not occur to you that God speaks all languages? He gave those languages to various humans upon the first rebellion after the flood.
It was to break up the plans of those who rebelled against his order to spread abroad in the earth.....Nimrod and his cronies had other ideas.
So now when his worshippers pray to him, they don't have to learn Hebrew.....wasn't that considerate of him. :D

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The first man Adam was created sinless, he was without spot or blemish. I know obedience is something the True God YHWH has always insisted upon. So when God told the first man Adam to not eat from the forbidden tree, God wasn't asking him to do something that was impossible for him. Now we all know that the first man Adam was disobedient when he ate from the forbidden tree, but that doesn't mean that God was asking something impossible from Adam and Eve when he told Adam not to eat from the forbidden tree. So whatever command that God gives his servants he isn't asking the impossible from them.
When someone starts asking, "how could a human be completely without sin," that seems to be saying by asking such a question that God was asking the impossible from the first Adam when God told Adam not to eat from the forbidden tree. Since the first Adam failed in being obedient to the true God YHWH, YHWH God determined to send a seed that wouldn't fail him. The first Adam wasn't God in the flesh or a God man and the scriptures make it clear that the Only Begotten Son Jesus was an equivalent, or corresponding, sacrifice, meaning that the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ who is the seed that the True God sent came in the likeness of the first Adam who was a perfect man. Jesus bought back what the first perfect man Adam lost. Exodus 21:23 tells us that when it comes to God's justice such as when one is murdered you should give soul to soul or life for life. 1Timothy 2:6 shows us that the Last Adam who is the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ came as a corresponding sacrifice.

So it is possible that a human man who is only a 100% perfect human can consistently remain faithful to the True God YHWH, Jesus Christ the Only Begotten Son of God proved that it was Adam who was at fault for being disobedient to YHWH God. The Only Begotten Son of God Jesus came in the likeness of the first Adam, 100% perfect human who was without sin and who was without spot or blemish. The first Adam didn't remain in that state because he was disobedient to the true God YHWH when he ate from the forbidden tree. The last Adam, the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus was born a sinless 100% human who was without spot or blemish and he remained sinless and without spot or blemish til death. The first Adam was capable of remaining without sin completely, just because he chose to be disobedient doesn't mean that it was impossible for him to remain obedient to the true God YHWH.

Do you believe that Christ Jesus is God?

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did the Jews want to stone Jesus? Was he really claiming to be God? You can see Jesus’ response to them...he never said he was God, but pointed to their own scripture where his Father called human judges in Israel “gods” because of their divine authorisation.

Yes. He pointed out their hypocrisy.

All he ever said is that he was “the Son of God”. The Jews wanted to pin a charge of blasphemy on him to give them an excuse to put him to death.....were they concerned with the truth? Or were they just seeking a reason to kill him?

Lies. They clearly responded to his own words. He told them that he was THE SON of God.

Do you know what a "definitive article" is?

It is obvious to me that you don't care one thing about Jesus Christ. That is sad because you will answer to HIM soon. Very soon. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of The Living God.....

Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Receive the judgment of God.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lies. They clearly responded to his own words. He told them that he was THE SON of God.

Do you know what a "definitive article" is?

Do you know that 'of' something is not that thing? Cain is the son of Adam, not Adam. Jesus is the son of God, not God. Simple. Only a trinitarian could complicate it beyond reason to pretend it means something other than what it obviously means.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know that 'of' something is not that thing? Cain is the son of Adam, not Adam. Jesus is the son of God, not God. Simple. Only a trinitarian could complicate it beyond reason to pretend it means something other than what it obviously means.

You are just like your father....

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Jesus is identical with the Father.

You are identical with your father the devil.

Your comments are the highest ignorance.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is identical with the Father.

Identical? Logic. Just a few applicable syllogisms, which constitute proof by contradiction.

P1. God never dies (is eternal and unchanging). Isaiah 40:28, 1 Timothy 1:17

P2. Jesus (was born, grew, became weary and) died.

C. Jesus is NOT God.

P1. God is not man. Numbers 23:19

P2. Jesus is a man.

C. Jesus is NOT God.

P1. No one has seen God. John 1:18, 1 Timothy 1:17, 1 John 4:12

P2. Many have seen Jesus.

C. Jesus is NOT God.

P1. Jesus sits at the right hand of God. Ps 110:1, Mk 16:19, Lk 22:69, Acts 2:33; 7:55, Eph 1:20, Col 3:1, Heb 1:3; 10:12, 1 Peter 3:22

P2. One cannot sit at their own right hand.

C. Jesus is NOT God.

P1. God is the Father (alone). John 17:1-3, 1 Cor 8:6, and prologue of every Epistle.

P2. Jesus is not the Father.

C. Jesus is NOT God.

Last edited: