Do Christians really oppose gay marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Despite the fact that ONE person is causing unnecessary strife within this thread... I do feel it is an IMPORTANT conversation to have.

For those who are BARKING and ACCUSING one side of AGREEING with and CONDONING SIN... I have NOT heard ANYTHING about how you deal with SINNERS.... Here's the crux of the matter...

How do you treat SINNERS??? Why is LGBTQ agenda and abortion so much HIGHER in recognition then the OTHER sins??? @Nancy listed a bunch of abominations against God.... and as she stated... they get ignored.... SIN is SIN.... all of it is SIN... and not one person on this thread has stated otherwise. This is an issue of WHAT do you believe the definition of being a CHRISTIAN is??

I pointed out that Ravi Zacharias ( a Christian ) caused perhaps one of the biggest scandals in Christian history... and I was called an accuser of the brethren... YET.... this man lied... cheated... slandered... bore false witness... committed adultery... and abused many women... claiming that they were his reward for good works. PULEEEZE.... the hypocrisy overflows.

I would love to hear those who are so eager to cast a stone.... describe how they would logistically and realistically approach these issues in real life.

Perhaps we should just all go on a man hunt for all those who fall into the LGBTQ definition... and all those who have had abortions... round them up like cattle and feed them to the sharks???

Honestly... it is no wonder people do not like Christians very much... or trust them... they can be a NASTY bunch at times.

Reactions: Azim and April_Rose

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting that the rant continues. the title of the OP is very clear. "Do Christians really oppose gay marriage". This has been hijacked by those who will not give and simple Bible based answer, to THIS subject, homosexual marriage (the correct term), but try to argue with bring in other "sins". For those, like some here, who cannot grasp the English language, read before they rant! Homosexual marriage is the topic here, NOT adultery, fornication, and other sexual sins. I have been falsely accused of causing "strife", etc, etc, by some who again don't seem to know what the word means! I have clearly shown a few time in responses, that Nancy, for example, has said that she "supports homosexual marriage". I question this as being against the Holy Bible, and I become a "trouble maker" to some! THIS is why the world that we live in, is confused about the true Christian Message, on things like homosexuality, because they Bible, which is The Infallible Word of Almighty God, says very clearly, that God considers this an abomination, a very strong term, and sinful and says that those who practice this will NOT be going to heaven. And, then we have some who are Christians, saying that homosexual marriage, and therefore practicing sinful homosexual acts, is fine! And yet there are some who are content in attacking the Word of God, because they don't accept what it plainly Teaches!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I give up!! Trying to have a decent conversation seems near impossible on these forums.

NO ONE on this thread has STATED that HOMOSEXUALITY is NOT a sin...

The statement that has been made by some is that the SINNER has equal rights... The homosexual has a right to live their lives... in the same manner that the Christian does... Anything else could NOT be called democracy.

@ByGraceThroughFaith You totally avoided the QUESTIONS I asked... AGAIN... the crux of this issue is WHAT do you define as living a Christian life... How do you propose to DEAL with these people in real life... WHAT is a CHRISTIAN to do with these people?

Shun them?? Judge them?? Avoid them??

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm timing myself out for 24 hours... as I confess that my blood pressure has risen way above normal.
THE ART of GOOD CONVERSATION is gone I regress...

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
IF, and one person we know here, says that they SUPPORT homosexual marriage,

You keep hammering away at this. Just drop it.
Nancy was pointing out that the homosexual lifestyle is their choice (non Christians).
Freedom of choice, she was talking about non Christians, it's called democracy.
She supports democracy and never said that the Bible approves for Christians to be homosexual.
If you want to talk about sin, look in your own closet: treat people kindly.

You came to this forum with a chip on your shoulder,
you have about 200 messages and caused a lot of trouble in a short time.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nancy was pointing out that the homosexual lifestyle is their choice

she also clearly has said, "I support homosexual marriage". did you get this? Stop getting involved in things that you neither understand nor concern you! I am not one bit bothered of what people think about me or what I write. Just show from the Bible if I am wrong!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stop getting involved in things that you neither understand nor concern you!

Well, actually Nancy is a good friend of mine and I know exactly where she stands on the issue.
So, I would say it concerns me how you treat my friends.

And I totally understand where you are coming from.
Trollers come and go on Christian Forums.

It's been said don't feed the trollers.

Good bye to you.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's it!! I can't take it anymore!! Even though ByGraceThroughFaith is on my ignore list,.. NOW he has reason to report as I'm seeing that it's reached the point of bullying and harassing other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.