Do Christians really oppose gay marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You always try to justify your beliefs by misquoting the Bible. You clearly say that you support homosexuals which is directly against the Bible. So don't try to turn your faulty acceptance of vile living of these perverted people, into an attack on my own Bible based beliefs
You really have quite the attitude don't you??? What Nancy said is that she does not feel it is her right or duty to judge NON Christians for their lifestyles.
I have run into Christians like you and they breath DEATH on everyone around them. Always judging and condemning.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're the last one to talk about attacking others. You've been attacking her constantly and that's not okay with me as she is one of my friends.

If you and your friend has any problems with what the Bible actually says then I suggest that you take it up with the Lord
I am sure that He will answer you

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You really have quite the attitude don't you??? What Nancy said is that she does not feel it is her right or duty to judge NON Christians for their lifestyles.
I have run into Christians like you and they breath DEATH on everyone around them. Always judging and condemning.

Nancy very clearly said that she supports homosexual marriage. This is AGAINST the Bible. If you too have problems with the Bible then seek the Lord sincerely and He will help you. But please don't write nonsense

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Another thing, remember that it is the Lord Himself Who will reject all unrepentant sinners to eternal punishment. Do you accept this, or think that God is unfair?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a thought, why don't we all just put this joker on ignore? I should have never taken him off. That'll solve all of our problems.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you saying that people can be born homosexual? If so, then it cannot be considered a sin as the Bible clearly says it is
The sins of the father will be passed on up to 4 generations...
Deu 5 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁸ 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
⁹ you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another thing, remember that it is the Lord Himself Who will reject all unrepentant sinners to eternal punishment. Do you accept this, or think that God is unfair?
I have absolutely no problem with God's JUSTICE and SOVEREIGNTY.... but I do have a problem with many of my so called brothers and sisters in Christ. Just saying. I do not desire to continue engaging in conversation with you. I know Nancy well enough to know that she does NOT condone sin.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have absolutely no problem with God's JUSTICE and SOVEREIGNTY.... but I do have a problem with many of my so called brothers and sisters in Christ. Just saying. I do not desire to continue engaging in conversation with you. I know Nancy well enough to know that she does NOT condone sin.

Again, let's just put him on ignore. I already did and now I have peace once again. :D

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Say what you want. Nancy has said that she supports homosexual marriage which IS a sin. There you have it

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You always try to justify your beliefs by misquoting the Bible. You clearly say that you support homosexuals which is directly against the Bible. So don't try to turn your faulty acceptance of vile living of these perverted people, into an attack on my own Bible based beliefs
Seems you are purposely misunderstanding everything I post. Do I think there should be active homosexuals within the body of Christ? NO. Did Jesus die for them too? YES. What are you not getting? I do NOT condone it but I will NOT judge those "without"!
It seems pretty simple to me brother.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Seems you are purposely misunderstanding everything I post.

really? you need to understand what YOU write, here is some of it, "I do support gays to be married" (see #91). Then it is clear that you support something that the Bible is against. While fornication is a sin, and when these do get married, it is to the opposite sex. NO homosexual "marriage" can or will EVER be blessed by the Lord. He cannot bless what He is against. Do you understand this?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least God's love endures forever and clearly people in this thread have been misunderstanding me. I was only stating that I believed that even a practicing homosexual would go to Heaven if he or she was truly in Christ (which only He and that said individual would know for sure) because if that wasn't the case that would make it a worked based salvation which is unbiblical and that would defeat the whole entire purpose of what we commemorate today (being good Friday) and what we are going to celebrate on Sunday which is Easter and Christ's resurrection. And since this has been brought up, I would never turn away a child, grandchild, niece, nephew for being gay no matter what. Even though I would disagree with them I would still love them regardless and I would much rather have to deal with that then with them being a drug dealer or something even worse.
really? you need to understand what YOU write, here is some of it, "I do support gays to be married" (see #91). Then it is clear that you support something that the Bible is against. While fornication is a sin, and when these do get married, it is to the opposite sex. NO homosexual "marriage" can or will EVER be blessed by the Lord. He cannot bless what He is against. Do you understand this?

Sorry, I'm done here.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And which part would God's word disagree with? That ALL human beings should have the same civil rights as you do? If you are going to treat an unsaved gay person so much differently than an unsaved fornicating straight person, you are actually being loving to the one and hateful to the other. Either way, they do not have Jesus and need Him so, do you think He would strip away anybody's right to either choose Him (life) or the world (death)?
Civil rights are one thing, and God’s word is the authority. Read my previous posts, sin is sin whether it’s heterosexual or homosexual. Just because man says homosexual marriage is okay doesn’t make so from a Christian perspective. I don’t hate anyone.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I’m not forcing anything on anyone, you said you support homosexual marriage, God says it’s a sin....period. I try my best to follow God’s Laws. I am certainly not perfect, but strive to please Christ, not man.

no your trying to be deceptive. i more than explained what i meant when i said i support gay marriage, i even explained a second time, explained the problems its gonna cause, you ignored every bit of it. you heard "support gay marriage" and stopped. your just being a troll.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no your trying to be deceptive. i more than explained what i meant when i said i support gay marriage, i even explained a second time, explained the problems its gonna cause, you ignored every bit of it. you heard "support gay marriage" and stopped. your just being a troll.

He's not a troll as he has his points too. Saved Through Grace or whoever the heck he is though I have my doubts.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
No, that was not a question. That was an observation. The question I'm referring to ended with a question mark. The question is:

- "How much thought have you put into what you just said as a Christian?"

i assumed the explanation, the one you ignored, would have explained the thought.

I appreciate your kindness in attempting to address my question, but you are in danger of being in deep error, and must be corrected when needed.

You say that you aren't supporting sin, but you are supporting the sin of homosexuality as long as you support the act of homosexuals joining together.

Support: Give approval, comfort, or encouragement to.

Reprove: To express disapproval about (something).

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Your error is in disobeying God's Word. You ought to reprove gay marriage, not approve of it. It is an unfruitful work of darkness. Sinful, yet you support it. Everyone here should be encouraging you to repent of your approval and to hope that God forgives you of such clear disobedience.

you dont get it, the explanation should have explained what i meant, but your either to dense to understand or deliberately ignoring it.
Christians IMO have no right to force our beliefs on others. please show me the passage where we are commanded to go out in the world and persecute others for not sharing our belief.
Constantine said Jesus told him to conquer the eastern half of the empire. you really think thats what Jesus is about? should i go out and start killing all my neighbors and taking their homes, land and all the rest, and justify it all by saying Jesus told me to do it. you may think this is irrelevant but this is exactly what persecution leads to.
you dont sound like you have put much thought into this.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
He's not a troll as he has his points too. Saved Through Grace or whoever the heck he is though I have my doubts.

when people ignore the lionshare of a statement and only focus on one teeny tiny part, we call that trolling where i am from. with respect, thats kinda the definition of trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.