Do Christians Still Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: praise_yeshua

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha ha! Oh no, you and matthew will get along just fine peddaling your false beliefs. That warning was for others who had good theology.

I disagree with him. However, I disagree with most everyone. That doesn't stop me from accepting those that name the name of Christ. You're the one seperating yourself from those Jesus Christ loves. Your theology teaches you to hate others.

Most people have no idea why they believe what they believe. They would rather someone just believe for them. That is what people do when they start naming "Calvinism".......

It saves them from having to do any work themselves. Lazy Christians have destroyed Christian today.

So go ahead and let Calvin speak for you. He will not be there to help you when you TRY to use him as a defense......when you meet Jesus Christ personally.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D:D:D:D
I disagree with him. However, I disagree with most everyone. That doesn't stop me from accepting those that name the name of Christ. You're the one seperating yourself from those Jesus Christ loves. Your theology teaches you to hate others.

Most people have no idea why they believe what they believe. They would rather someone just believe for them. That is what people do when they start naming "Calvinism".......

It saves them from having to do any work themselves. Lazy Christians have destroyed Christian today.

So go ahead and let Calvin speak for you. He will not be there to help you when you TRY to use him as a defense......when you meet Jesus Christ personally.

:D:D:D We need a reformed section on this forum. It would help calm this place down some.

Reactions: praise_yeshua

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah.

You can get it from "archive.org"....

The life and times of Jesus the Messiah : Edersheim, Alfred, 1825-1889 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

There isn't a copyright on it anymore.

Alright thank you, I might invest in the psychical book.

Just two things to keep in mind:

1. The just (or justified ones) shall live by faith. (Rom 1:17; Heb 10:38)

2. God says that sin SHALL NOT have dominion over you. (Rom 6:14)

Thank you for sharing.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s to help people realize that we do sin.

“We”?

So you’re the servant of sin, not God.

I serve God.

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.” (John 8:34)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible talk about pertaining to this subject?

(You can not be perfect - like God - however you can be mature in your faith by abiding in Christ.)
We are to ask God in Jesus name to forgive us of our sins everyday because we're not perfect and so yes we sin everyday. Anyone who can control his/her tongue can control himself/herself perfectly but none of us can control our tongue perfectly.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha ha! Oh no, you and matthew will get along just fine peddaling your false beliefs. That warning was for others who had good theology.
what false beliefs can you name a couple of them ? thanks-

I know matt said he denies the Trinity and is a universalist . That is 2. P Y doesn't deny the trinity and he is not a universalist.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law doesn't deal with ALL SINS.....

Jesus expanded upon this when He said....

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The issue with the law, it is was given to control the unrighteous. It never dealt properly with the "heart of men"......
That does not detract from the fact people look at laws and in them think they are righteous people.

And your right, thats why we shoudl not look at laws to determine what’s sin is, The law was never given for that purpose.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know matt said he denies the Trinity and is a universalist . That is 2. P Y doesn't deny the trinity and he is not a universalist.

oh wow, heres a few more. He think when rome sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD, that was what the book of revelation was talking about. He doesnt think anyone will goto hell now as satan has been defeated, everyone alive now will goto Heaven but the question is whether or not they get in thru the gates. He doesnt believe in calvinism, he doesnt believe that the 1000 yrs mentioned in revelation is an actual 1000 yrs. His theology is horrendous, i would even say, one of the worst i have heard on this forum.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh wow, heres a few more. He think when rome sacked Jerusalem in 70 AD, that was what the book of revelation was talking about. He doesnt think anyone will goto hell now as satan has been defeated, everyone alive now will goto Heaven but the question is whether or not they get in thru the gates. He doesnt believe in calvinism, he doesnt believe that the 1000 yrs mentioned in revelation is an actual 1000 yrs. His theology is horrendous, i would even say, one of the worst i have heard on this forum.
thanks for the heads up

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“We”?

So you’re the servant of sin, not God.

I serve God.

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.” (John 8:34)

Okay.

1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

We are to ask God in Jesus name to forgive us of our sins everyday because we're not perfect and so yes we sin everyday. Anyone who can control his/her tongue can control himself/herself perfectly but none of us can control our tongue perfectly.

That is right and true statement. Not sure if someone should get wrapped up in constantly asking for forgiveness though when they are notified by the Holy Spirit in their sin they should. In scripture it tells us to be of the attitude of thankfulness, Barney.

1 Thess 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Jesus said not to judge unless you be judged.

Everyone walks alone in their faith towards God. Fully responsible for their actions when they die and be judged of God.

Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

That does not detract from the fact people look at laws and in them think they are righteous people.

And your right, thats why we shoudl not look at laws to determine what’s sin is, The law was never given for that purpose.

That is right, people do look at themselves as higher than others but the apostle Paul says differently.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Jesus said for us not to judge others and we will not judged. It’s why I don’t combat people who desire to be stuck in their own ways of thinking.

““Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:1-5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do you think he talks?
Through the Scriptures and through the Spirit. He spoke to Elijah in a "still small voi e". You're trying to be clever. God isn't a man to be such as you.
You were trying to be clever.... were you not?
Please don't try to tell me you speak for God. This world has far too many silly men doing that already

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Everyone sins. Sin is not being perfect. And the new testament lays down what a person must do to not sin. It mentions them that get cast into the fire for not giving to the poor and such which is above and beyond the ten commandments. The book of Revelation also points out who gets thrown into the lake of fire for sinning.
So the story goes...
I am not perfect...
Neither will I ever be perfect...
Sin is missing the mark of perfection...
Therefore I sin...
And I cannot help but sin for the rest of my life because I will never be perfect...
Therefore I can and do fully justify my sin...