Do I need to be purified today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
Let me say from the very beginning, that I do not believe in a post-tribulational rapture of the church, nor a mid-tribulational rapture. I believe in a pre-tribulational rapture of the church.

I have read many, many posts on this forum that state that the church needs to be purified during the tribulation. I have tried to understand this, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

So my question is, since I am part of the church today, do I need to be purified today?

If the answer is yes, then let's assume that my numbered days has come to an end and the Lord calls me home today. Since the tribulation hasn't started yet, I was never purified. How does being in this 'unpurified' state affect me before God?

If the answer is no, then let's assume for the sake of argument, that the tribulation starts next week, what separates my spiritual state next week, from my spiritual state today?

Joshua David

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Are you one of those believer's who believe"Come as you are,then live your life your way, and just wait till Jesus returns? Or do you understand that we do come as we are, but we are not to just stay that way. We are to begin to learn to walk in the Word,being washed daily in the Word and by the Word as we humble ourselves to the Spirit of God till we are made the image of Christ?
We are in training, learning how to overcome our flesh man that must die, for flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God. Are you just satisfied to die as saved with no rewards and live according to the sowing you have done towards your heavenly rewards?
Saved and rule with Christ as a king or priest of God and His Christ are not the same thing. You see here Jesus is referring to so called believer's who call him Lord, but their heart is faaarr from the Word.

Matt 7:21-24
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock{THE WORD OF GOD}:
KJV
Matt 25:11-14
11 Afterward came also the other VIRGINS, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
KJV
Rev 14:1-5
14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man{FLESH AND BLOOD} could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are VIRGINS{REMEMBER THE 5 WISE VIRGINS, &5 UNWISE VIRGINS?}. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God{REV.12:5 CAUGHT UP TO THE THRONE OF GOD}.
KJV

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
Are you one of those believer's who believe"Come as you are,then live your life your way, and just wait till Jesus returns? Or do you understand that we do come as we are, but we are not to just stay that way. We are to begin to learn to walk in the Word,being washed daily in the Word and by the Word as we humble ourselves to the Spirit of God till we are made the image of Christ?
We are in training, learning how to overcome our flesh man that must die, for flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God. Are you just satisfied to die as saved with no rewards and live according to the sowing you have done towards your heavenly rewards?
Saved and rule with Christ as a king or priest of God and His Christ are not the same thing. You see here Jesus is referring to so called believer's who call him Lord, but their heart is faaarr from the Word.
I am one who believes that I am sealed with the Holy Spirit. Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

I believe that the seal of the Holy Spirit is an earnest, or down payment, or guarantee from God. 2 Cor 1:21-22 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

I believe that we are sealed until the Day of Redemption ( Rapture ) Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Now that being said, I firmly believe that Jesus can not be your Savior, unless he is first your Lord. You must accept His authority over your life, and must understand that His will must be done, not your own. But once you place yourself under his authority, and under his leadership, then your salvation is secure because it is based on the promise of God himself, and not on your works.

Eph 2:7-9 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Once you are saved, even if you live your life without any redeeming quality, you will still be saved.

1 Cor 3:10-15 10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

But be that as it may.... you never answered my question. Do I need to be purified today or not?

Joshua David

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Hi Joshua David, been a long time since I seen you here. Allow me to address this query of yours,
You are purified when you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Understand the fullness of that Holy act Jesus did FOR you and me ... do not diminish it by using time as a way of eroding its validity. If we re-quired re-purification would not Jesus be re-quired to be re-crucified?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
terry said:
Hi Joshua David, been a long time since I seen you here. Allow me to address this query of yours,
You are purified when you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
Where does scripture say that?

terry said:
Understand the fullness of that Holy act Jesus did FOR you and me ... do not diminish it by using time as a way of eroding its validity. If we re-quired re-purification would not Jesus be re-quired to be re-crucified?
1. Why would Jesus need to be re-crucified?

2. Do you not sin?

3. Are you 100% perfect and holy as God is perfect and holy? (1Pet 1:15-16 & Mt 5:48).

Joshua David said:
Let me say from the very beginning, that I do not believe in a post-tribulational rapture of the church, nor a mid-tribulational rapture. I believe in a pre-tribulational rapture of the church.

I have read many, many posts on this forum that state that the church needs to be purified during the tribulation. I have tried to understand this, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

So my question is, since I am part of the church today, do I need to be purified today?

If the answer is yes, then let's assume that my numbered days has come to an end and the Lord calls me home today. Since the tribulation hasn't started yet, I was never purified. How does being in this 'unpurified' state affect me before God?

If the answer is no, then let's assume for the sake of argument, that the tribulation starts next week, what separates my spiritual state next week, from my spiritual state today?

Joshua David

Yes you would need to be purified.

“But nothing unclean will enter it” [The new Jerusalem – Heaven] (Rev 21:27)

“Strive for peace with all men, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord” (Heb 12;14)

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
terry said:
You are purified when you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Understand the fullness of that Holy act Jesus did FOR you and me ... do not diminish it by using time as a way of eroding its validity. If we re-quired re-purification would not Jesus be re-quired to be re-crucified?
Thank you Terry for your reply. And my belief is very similar to yours. I believe that when we are saved, we are justified, as God forgives us our sins, then we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, who begins a work of Sanctification. This work will last until the Day of Redemption, the Rapture, where we are glorified, when we receive our Glorified bodies.

So then I take it that since you believe that we are purified at the moment of Salvation, that the Church does not need to be purified during the Tribulation, since salvation is a requirement to be in the "Bride of Christ", and everyone is therefore purified.

Mungo,

Yes you would need to be purified.

“But nothing unclean will enter it” [The new Jerusalem – Heaven] (Rev 21:27)

“Strive for peace with all men, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord” (Heb 12;14)
Please answer the second part of the question. If you believe that I need to be purified in the Tribulation, and assuming that the Lord calls me home today, before the Tribulation started and missing out on the purification of the Tribulation, how would my 'unpurified' state affect be before God?

Joshua David

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Joshua David said:
Thank you Terry for your reply. And my belief is very similar to yours. I believe that when we are saved, we are justified, as God forgives us our sins, then we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, who begins a work of Sanctification. This work will last until the Day of Redemption, the Rapture, where we are glorified, when we receive our Glorified bodies.

So then I take it that since you believe that we are purified at the moment of Salvation, that the Church does not need to be purified during the Tribulation, since salvation is a requirement to be in the "Bride of Christ", and everyone is therefore purified.

Mungo,

Please answer the second part of the question. If you believe that I need to be purified in the Tribulation, and assuming that the Lord calls me home today, before the Tribulation started and missing out on the purification of the Tribulation, how would my 'unpurified' state affect be before God?

Joshua David
I didn't say anything about the need to be purified in the tribulation. I just believe we need to be purified before we can enter heaven and enjoy being in the presence of God, whenever that time comes.

If you are unclean (unpurified) you cannot enter heaven (ref Rev 21:27).

If you do not have the "the holiness without which no one will see the Lord", then you will not be able to see the Lord (Ref Heb 12:14).

Are you 100% perfect and holy as God is perfect and holy? (1Pet 1:15-16 & Mt 5:48).

If we are purified at the moment of justification can we not lose that purity?

Sin defiles us and makes us less perfect and holy than we were.

Do we not sin?

Writing to believers in 2Cor 7:1 Paul says to them "Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, and make holiness perfect in the fear of God."

Mungo

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
Mungo,

I didn't say anything about the need to be purified in the tribulation. I just believe we need to be purified before we can enter heaven and enjoy being in the presence of God, whenever that time comes.

If you are unclean (unpurified) you cannot enter heaven (ref Rev 21:27).

If you do not have the "the holiness without which no one will see the Lord", then you will not be able to see the Lord (Ref Heb 12:14).

Are you 100% perfect and holy as God is perfect and holy? (1Pet 1:15-16 & Mt 5:48).
Of course I am not 100% perfect and Holy as God is perfect and holy. There has been only one man who has ever lived who was perfect and who never sinned. And that man is Jesus Christ. We all struggle with our sin nature. I still struggle with my sin nature, just as Paul himself struggled with his.

Romans 7:14-24 14 We know that the law is holy. But I am not. I have been sold to be a slave of sin. 15 I don’t understand what I do. I don’t do what I want to do. Instead, I do what I hate to do. 16 I do what I don’t want to do. So I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, I am no longer the one who does these things. It is sin living in me that does them.
18 I know there is nothing good in my sinful nature. I want to do what is good, but I can’t. 19 I don’t do the good things I want to do. I keep on doing the evil things I don’t want to do. 20 I do what I don’t want to do. But I am not really the one who is doing it. It is sin living in me.
21 Here is the law I find working in me. When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 Deep inside me I find joy in God’s law. 23 But I see another law working in the parts of my body. It fights against the law of my mind. It makes me a prisoner of the law of sin. That law controls the parts of my body.
24 What a terrible failure I am! Who will save me from this sin that brings death to my body? 25 I give thanks to God. He will do it through Jesus Christ our Lord.

And yes I do believe that we should strive to live as holy a life as we can. But I do so out of love of God, and what he has done, not as a means to get into Heaven, because I understand that it is Jesus' righteousness that is imputed to me that allows my entrance into Heaven, not my pitiful, and childish attempt to live a holy life.

When God sees me, he sees the Righteousness of His Son, and therefore he sees me as perfect and spotless. This is the only way I would be allowed into his presence.

The bride of Christ is pure, spotless, and without a single blemish. The only way that this is possible, is by having the Righteousness of Christ imputed to us, it is not based on our own righteousness, because our own righteousness are like filthy rags to God.

When I finally see my Lord, I plan on wearing a spotless robe of white, not a bunch of filthy rags. That is why I am placing my trust in the Righteousness of Christ and not my own pitiful righteousness.

If we are purified at the moment of justification can we not lose that purity?

Sin defiles us and makes us less perfect and holy than we were.

Do we not sin?
No, we can't lose that purity. This is the entire reason that the Holy Spirit is sealed with us. The reason that we do not lose our purity before God is because all of our sins have been paid for on the cross. When you place yourself under the Lord's authority, God allows his Son's sacrifice to cover you. Every sin was placed on Jesus Christ on the cross. From Eve eating the forbidden fruit to the very last sin committed in the millennium.

We can either accept Jesus sacrifice to pay for our sins, all of our sins, or we can try to get into Heaven under our own righteousness, but we can't do both. God did not leave us that option.

But this is getting off topic, Do you believe that the Church needs to be specifically purified by the Tribulation or not?

Joshua David

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Joshua David said:
Mungo,

Of course I am not 100% perfect and Holy as God is perfect and holy. There has been only one man who has ever lived who was perfect and who never sinned. And that man is Jesus Christ. We all struggle with our sin nature. I still struggle with my sin nature, just as Paul himself struggled with his.

Romans 7:14-24 14 We know that the law is holy. But I am not. I have been sold to be a slave of sin. 15 I don’t understand what I do. I don’t do what I want to do. Instead, I do what I hate to do. 16 I do what I don’t want to do. So I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, I am no longer the one who does these things. It is sin living in me that does them.
18 I know there is nothing good in my sinful nature. I want to do what is good, but I can’t. 19 I don’t do the good things I want to do. I keep on doing the evil things I don’t want to do. 20 I do what I don’t want to do. But I am not really the one who is doing it. It is sin living in me.
21 Here is the law I find working in me. When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 Deep inside me I find joy in God’s law. 23 But I see another law working in the parts of my body. It fights against the law of my mind. It makes me a prisoner of the law of sin. That law controls the parts of my body.
24 What a terrible failure I am! Who will save me from this sin that brings death to my body? 25 I give thanks to God. He will do it through Jesus Christ our Lord.
We agree then that we are unlikely to be 100% perfect and holy upon death.

Joshua David said:
And yes I do believe that we should strive to live as holy a life as we can. But I do so out of love of God, and what he has done, not as a means to get into Heaven,
I don’t see the difference. We want to be holy to please God because we love him.
We want to get into heaven to be with God because we love him.

Loving and pleasing God is the way the heaven. I don’t see the need to set up some sort of false dichotomy

Joshua David said:
because I understand that it is Jesus' righteousness that is imputed to me that allows my entrance into Heaven, not my pitiful, and childish attempt to live a holy life.

When God sees me, he sees the Righteousness of His Son, and therefore he sees me as perfect and spotless. This is the only way I would be allowed into his presence.

God is the God of truth not lies. God does not pretend. God can make me truly righteous.
It was Martin Luther’s false idea that we are like a pile of dung, as it were covered in snow so that we looked clean. But God sees into our hearts. He sees us as we are.

Rev 21:27 tells us that nothing unclean may enter heaven. A pile of dung covered in snow is still a pile of dung.

Jesus said “You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect” (Mt 5:48), not you can be imperfect but my Father will pretend you are OK.

but as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy." (1Pet 1:15-16)
We are to be holy in all our conduct, not God pretending we are holy.

Joshua David said:
The bride of Christ is pure, spotless, and without a single blemish. The only way that this is possible, is by having the Righteousness of Christ imputed to us, it is not based on our own righteousness,
All things are possible for God (Mk 10:27) Why do you believe God cannot make us actually righteous. Why do you think God need to resort to pretence?

Joshua David said:
because our own righteousness are like filthy rags to God.
God can infuse his righteous into us.

Joshua David said:
When I finally see my Lord, I plan on wearing a spotless robe of white, not a bunch of filthy rags. That is why I am placing my trust in the Righteousness of Christ and not my own pitiful righteousness.
Of course we cannot do it out of our own efforts but God can make us actually righteous. It’s all about grace.
Joshua David said:
No, we can't lose that purity. This is the entire reason that the Holy Spirit is sealed with us. The reason that we do not lose our purity before God is because all of our sins have been paid for on the cross. When you place yourself under the Lord's authority, God allows his Son's sacrifice to cover you. Every sin was placed on Jesus Christ on the cross. From Eve eating the forbidden fruit to the very last sin committed in the millennium.

Do you mean God punished Jesus instead of us?
Is God’s Justice to punish the innocent?
If Jesus was punished for every sin then everyone will go to heaven automatically because its all been paid for.
That doesn’t sound right to me.

And do you believe that sin does not make us impure?
Are we free to sin as much as we like and stuill get into heaven because we are pure and spotless?
I don’t think so!

If we are pure after sinning why does Paul say:
Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, and make holiness perfect in the fear of God.” (2Cor 7:1)

If we cannot become impure why does Peter say
Therefore, beloved, since you wait for these, be zealous to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.” (2Pet 3:13-14)
What is there to be zealous about? It’s a done deal isn’t it?

Joshua David said:
We can either accept Jesus sacrifice to pay for our sins, all of our sins, or we can try to get into Heaven under our own righteousness, but we can't do both. God did not leave us that option.
You set up false alternatives. I’m not buying into your straw man. We get into heaven with God’s righteousness infused into us, not by pretending to be something we are not.

Joshua David said:
But this is getting off topic, Do you believe that the Church needs to be specifically purified by the Tribulation or not?
It think it’s all very much on topic. You asked do you need to be purified if you died before the Tribulation.

As to the Tribulation I don’t really care. I’ve never understood this obsession by some with end-times, and Tribulations. I very rarely look into end-time forums.

I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered this time. :(

Mungo

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
Mungo,

We agree then that we are unlikely to be 100% perfect and holy upon death.

I don’t see the difference. We want to be holy to please God because we love him.
We want to get into heaven to be with God because we love him.
Loving and pleasing God is the way the heaven. I don’t see the need to set up some sort of false dichotomy
There is no 'unlikely' about it. Everyone sins. Everyone falls short of the glory of God. There are two types of true Christians, those that admit that they still sin and struggle with their sin nature, and those that have deceived themselves into thinking that they are more righteous than most of the others. They feel good about themselves, and almost break their arm trying to pat themselves on their back. They see their righteousness as something that makes them better than everyone else. And some go as far as to believe that THEY are responsible for maintaining their salvation, and their standing before a Holy and Pure God.

In short, they suffer from the same prideful self-righteousness that plagued the Pharisees in the bible.

Look at how Jesus dealt with the Pharisees. Did he compliment them on how closely they followed the Law? I am sure that the Pharisees thought that they were more righteous in God's eyes than most of the people in the city. And to be honest, most of them were revered by men for their strict observance of the Law. Now was following the law a bad thing? Absolutely not! The Law was the Holy Command of God. But the Pharisees mistake was that in their observance of the Law, they failed to learn what the Law was suppose to teach us, which is quite simply, that no matter how hard we try, we are unable to measure up to God's standard of perfection. Which is why we needed a savior. The Law was suppose to teach us that we have no inherent righteousness in and of ourselves.

God is the God of truth not lies. God does not pretend. God can make me truly righteous.
It was Martin Luther’s false idea that we are like a pile of dung, as it were covered in snow so that we looked clean. But God sees into our hearts. He sees us as we are.

Rev 21:27 tells us that nothing unclean may enter heaven. A pile of dung covered in snow is still a pile of dung.

Jesus said “You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect” (Mt 5:48), not you can be imperfect but my Father will pretend you are OK.

but as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy." (1Pet 1:15-16)
We are to be holy in all our conduct, not God pretending we are holy.
You are absolutely right! God does not pretend. I never said he did. God not only can make me truly righteous, but He will make me truly righteous. This is when we are glorified and receive our glorified bodies, and our new spiritual natures. This is when we will be totally and truly free of our sin nature. This happens at the rapture. And since God sees the end from the beginning, God sees us in our Glorified state. Yes, he knows we have sinned, he knows that some of us are sinning right now, and if he doesn't call us home we will sin again. But this sin has been paid for on the cross, and therefore as far as our salvation is concerned, it is not held against us once we come under the covering of His Blood. Now, it can and will affect our rewards. And our sin can cause us to suffer eternal loss but we will still be saved. 1 Cor 3:15.

Do you mean God punished Jesus instead of us?
Is God’s Justice to punish the innocent?
If Jesus was punished for every sin then everyone will go to heaven automatically because its all been paid for.
That doesn’t sound right to me.

Yes, God punished Jesus instead of us. Have you never read,

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Now does everyone go to Heaven automatically? No, because again, not everyone has placed themselves under the blood of Christ. Jesus can only save those who have accepted His authority in their life. Everyone doesn't get an automatic free pass, but everyone who truly gives their life to Christ, who places themselves under His authority, is covered by his blood, and God seals his Holy Spirit as a promise to bring this person to the Day of Redemption, and fulfill the promise of Salvation by giving them a new nature, a spiritual nature that replaces the sin nature that we have now. And we become what God foreknew us to be... perfect and totally righteous.

Let me say this again, because it bear repeating... Jesus can not be your Savior unless he is first your Lord. You accepting his authority in your life is what allows his Blood to cover you. It is being a member of a church, It is not being dunked in some water. It is not walking down an aisle in church, shaking a preacher's hand, and repeating a prayer. There are alot of people who have done this, and think that they are saved, but they have never accepted His authority over them. They go to church on Sunday, and then live like the devil the rest of the week, get drunk on Saturday night, and then show up in church Sunday morning with a hangover, and think that they saved.

Peter, Paul, and others encourage us to live holy lives because the closer we draw to God, the nearer he draws to us. Sin can harm us, it can harm our testimony, destroy our witness, and rob us of not only a victorious life here on earth, but of eternal rewards when we stand before Jesus to give an accounting for our life.

Consider this parable....

Luke 18:9-14 9 Jesus told a story to some people who were sure they were right with God. They looked down on everybody else. 10 He said to them, “Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee. The other was a tax collector.
11 “The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself. ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people,’ he said. ‘I am not like robbers or those who do other evil things. I am not like those who commit adultery. I am not even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week. And I give a tenth of all I get.’
13 “But the tax collector stood not very far away. He would not even look up to heaven. He beat his chest and said, ‘God, have mercy on me. I am a sinner.’
14 “I tell you, the tax collector went home accepted by God. But not the Pharisee. Everyone who lifts himself up will be brought down. And anyone who is brought down will be lifted up.”

As to the Tribulation I don’t really care. I’ve never understood this obsession by some with end-times, and Tribulations. I very rarely look into end-time forums.

I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered this time. :(
I'm sorry to hear that... I am not trying to start an argument. I love talking about the bible, be it about end-times, salvation, or whatever. Personally I study the endtimes because Jesus expected the Jews to know the season of his first coming, and because they didn't they suffered greatly... I don't know if he feels the same about us knowing the season of his second coming, but I want to be ready just in case. :)

But seriously, studying the endtimes is what got me back into church, and it is a passion of mine.

Joshua David

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Mungo, can one who has sin enter Heaven? What are you to do now - distinguish purity? How be it one can be saved but not be pure? Our book of life should contain the pages of our past, of our life... those pages not pure and with sin will be covered by the Blood of the Lamb. At least this is my meager understanding.