Do Men Have Authority Over Women?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I am just quoting scripture--not my words, but His. But you reject it.
No. You didn't quote all of what Paul said....

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not been paying attention?

No wonder you are having an issue!

I have repeatedly spoken of the church as the Bride (female), and Christ as the Bridegroom (male). As do the scriptures.

Then why are you acting like the Bridegroom?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't see any verses about Husband abusing their authority.

How is their "authority" remaining when they ask you to intervene? What authority do YOU have?

I have an answer..... ZERO.

Of course not because it is a sin! Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved teh church and in Peter to not be bitter against them.

Because they are still head of their home and seeking solutions to problems is not ceding their authority but actually learning to exercise it better!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor have you. But I did finish for you and now do it again:

"...as Christ loves the church."

Paul didn't finish with those words. That is your lie. I can read it for myself.

Here. Read it again.

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

You should be in the apologetics area. Not debating Christianity.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not because it is a sin! Husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved teh church and in Peter to not be bitter against them.

Because they are still head of their home and seeking solutions to problems is not ceding their authority but actually learning to exercise it better!

Husbands don't love their wives like Christ loved the church. Wives don't honor their husbands. Both have issues and men prefer to focus upon themselves.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul didn't finish with those words. That is your lie. I can read it for myself.

Here. Read it again.

You should be in the apologetics area. Not debating Christianity.
You do not know the scriptures. Nor have you quoted all of what Paul said, but accuse me of the very thing you yourself have done. Nor have you connected the dots. And now you call Paul a liar, as it is him who I quoted:

For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:29-33​

Last edited: