Do Men Have Authority Over Women?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, let’s look at the BIBLE:

“If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.” (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

“If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.” (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

Do you even care what the Bible says?
What in these passages gives you authority over all women??

Answer . . . Nothing.

What in these passages gives YOU the right to force someone to have sex with you?

Do you also think you can go kidnap someone to be your slave and that's OK? Do you sell your children to pay your Visa bill? I'm just curious if you are consistent, or if it's just this "ruling over women" that you are interested in.

Much love!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not know the scriptures. Nor have you quoted all of what Paul said, but accuse me of the very thing you yourself have done. Nor have you connected the dots. And now you call Paul a liar, as it is him who I quoted:

For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:29-33​

Paul never lied and Paul made a complete statement. One you're ignoring.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t fathom it, but the scripture is okay with it if it’s an unmarried virgin.

Talk to God if you got a problem with his doctrines.
It's God's law for Israel, at that time. Such confusion! You don't have to fathom it, this interpretation is flat out wrong. You think it gives you rights over other people's bodies. You don't keep the Mosiac Law, but you are perfectly willing to pluck out of it something you can use, something that gives you power, ever to the point of forcing yourself on someone whom is supposed to be to you as your sister, or your mother.

Personally I find this whole line of reasoning deplorable. But that's just me. Some are really into this idea.

What a way to treat your sister!

:eek:

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's God's law for Israel, at that time

Nonsense. That’s unbiblical garbage!

“And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:15-17)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked him if he prefers men. He said "for the record"....
And you took that as if he were telling you he's homosexual? I didn't get that myself. He was giving you rope, was how it seemed to me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
So why don't you keep the rest of the Mosaic Law?

And besides, rape being regulated doesn't mean it's approved.

From the beginning it was not so. Sound familiar?

I am amazed to really be having this conversation on a Christian forum!

All good works . . . even rape. I'll tell you what's garbage in my opinion.

Amazing!!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you took that as if he were telling you he's homosexual? I didn't get that myself. He was giving you rope, was how it seemed to me.

Much love!

Rope for what? How can you possibly take what he said any other way?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am simply amazed at the lengths some will go to to defend such a putrid concept that men have the right to do with women whatever they feel like doing, all in the name of "God given authority".

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rope for what? How can you possibly take what he said any other way?
Maybe you've not heard the expression,

"give them enough rope to hang themself . . ."

He was inviting you to to put in writing your accusations. He was not affirming their validity. Or so it seemed to me.

Much love!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you've not heard the expression,

"give them enough rope to hang themself . . ."

He was inviting you to to put in writing your accusations. He was not affirming their validity. Or so it seemed to me.

Much love!

I don't play games. I'm upfront with what I believe and what the Scriptures teach. When I ask a specific question, I'm expecting a sincere and honest response. If he mention something else than a direct response to my question, then he should have said so. I can only go by what he said.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't play games. I'm upfront with what I believe and what the Scriptures teach. When I ask a specific question, I'm expecting a sincere and honest response. If he mention something else than a direct response to my question, then he should have said so. I can only go by what he said.

Well, now that you know . . .

I knew because I've read his posts for a while. You were digging yourself a hole, and he let you dig. Now it's up to you what you will do.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Galatians 3:23-26 KJV
23) But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

No it's not.

Romans 2:14 KJV
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

The Law was never given to the Gentiles, and was for Israel until Christ came.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feminism is like the snake in the garden of Eden trying to turn woman against man. "You will be like gods" The promise of power. "You can be like men" Feminism pits woman against man
And in turn it has turned them against GOD who set the pattern this way .
The serpent knows how to deceive . Has GOD really said , oh no he says , let me show you what my pastors say
on the subject ,
Anytime a voice , a spirit , a teacher or any does come and say
DID GOD really say , JESUS really say , or the apostels really say , AND THEN IT says OH that was for another time ,
YA BETTER RUN .
OR they come and say , YE must understand the greek words , HERE LET US SHOW YA , and then their greek
contradicts what was already written , YA BETTER RUN .
We got them all over the place and they dont just twist this one thing either , they twist many other scriptures
in many other places unto their own destruction and the destruction of all who sit under them and heed their views .