Do We as Christians Keep the Mosaic Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

richard79408

Mar 20, 2012
Greetings--a tad bit about the print--I started off wearing tri focals--Well, had a bit of a health problem and that improved my vision so with additional eye exerseses--I recently passed my driving test again only this time no glasses for distance--I have gotten away from the middle part--so with the slightly larger font--Until I can get the up front vision working without glasses-- a slightly larger font enables me to read this from about 3 1/2 feet away from the Monitor. I am gradually working down as my near vision keeps improving.

Richard79408

Veteran, Would it help you if I [a] spent a tad bit on the kingdom of God and [2] who is Israel--for it is not the physical descendants of Abraham..

Richard79408

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Why do people make the font bigger and bold when posting? Curious because to me it means trying to get a point across or like yelling..I simply ignore the post...so just asking why people do it..

Don't be so critical of others. You write as you wish and let others do the same.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran, Would it help you if I [a] spent a tad bit on the kingdom of God and [2] who is Israel--for it is not the physical descendants of Abraham..

What makes you think I would need 'help' in either one of those topics?? God's Word is simple enough about it, and that's what I listen to. If anything, I'd probably be the one to help you in those matters, if you had the heart to listen and actually study Scripture I'd point you to.

As for your blind statement that Israel doesn't involve the flesh descendents of Abraham, that's about as blind as one can get. Apostle Paul never excluded the seed of Israel from the "Israel" he was teaching in Romans 9. What he was teaching that about was concerning believing Gentiles becoming of the same household of Israel, like what he said here...

Eph 2:1-13
1 And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
(KJV)

God's Israel under His Son Jesus Christ is that "commonwealth of Israel", and it includes both believing Israelite and believing Gentile as One Body, the same Gospel to both.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
And Richard gave us a major proof of that LIE within his post, because he's treating the 'gospel of the kingdom' phrase like it meant the Old Covenant!!!

In reality per God's Word, the Old Covenant was NOT the Gospel of God's Kingdom, for how can something that was done away abolish God's coming Kingdom under Jesus Christ??? That should be VERY simple to understand for anyone that's done only moderate study in God's Word. What Richard has been preaching here on this Forum is a blasphemous doctrine that tries to separate Christ's Body of both believing Israelite and believing Gentile. So I'm amazed why he still has not yet been banned from this forum.

It is the old covenant that has been put on hold until the time of grace (The gospel to the Gentiles) has been fulfilled. But you refuse to see it.

Jesus came preaching the "kingdom at hand" meaning it was to be setup if they would accept Jesus as their Messiah and King. But they didn't.

You know, I don't care what your opinion of what I teach is. It doesn't change the truth. I am willing to let others see it for themselves. I think they are smart enought to see things for themselves. They are not children. Your false opinion of what I teach is erralvant. You will say these same things to all the others unless they bow down to you and accept the word as you teach it.

I write a post in which I give scriptures to prove my point and you never discuss those scriptures I give without posting your scriptures which you think make mine nul and void. Way to go Veteran you have the scriptures fighting each other.

You keep trying to get me off the forum. You do not like it when someone disagrees with you. It hurts your pride.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It is the old covenant that has been put on hold until the time of grace (The gospel to the Gentiles) has been fulfilled. But you refuse to see it.

Jesus came preaching the "kingdom at hand" meaning it was to be setup if they would accept Jesus as their Messiah and King. But they didn't.

You know, I don't care what your opinion of what I teach is. It doesn't change the truth. I am willing to let others see it for themselves. I think they are smart enought to see things for themselves. They are not children. Your false opinion of what I teach is erralvant. You will say these same things to all the others unless they bow down to you and accept the word as you teach it.

I write a post in which I give scriptures to prove my point and you never discuss those scriptures I give without posting your scriptures which you think make mine nul and void. Way to go Veteran you have the scriptures fighting each other.

You keep trying to get me off the forum. You do not like it when someone disagrees with you. It hurts your pride.

You are terribly... deceived!!!

The "gospel of the kingdom" has NOTHING to do with... the Old Covenant!!!

Matt 24:13-14
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
(KJV

That "gospel of the kingdom" my Lord Jesus declared there IS... the Gospel of Jesus Christ! the SAME Gospel that was preached to the Gentiles, and the SAME Gospel that is still being preached to the nations today!!!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I look at them a great moral code sof conduct. Some parts of the law promote healthy living habits both morally and physiologicaly. Yes I follow some of the codes of conduct of the law. Ex; Honor your mother and father, do not murder, etc.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I look at them a great moral code sof conduct. Some parts of the law promote healthy living habits both morally and physiologicaly. Yes I follow some of the codes of conduct of the law. Ex; Honor your mother and father, do not murder, etc.

Per Genisis 49:10, God promised Judah to be law-giver all the up to Christ's second coming and our gathering to Him.

Many Christian brethren have been taught a lie about the purpose of God's laws in relation to Christianity and The Gospel of Jesus Christ. Apostle Paul spoke very plainly in the New Testament of what purpose God's law is for, for the wicked and lawless (Gal.5; 1 Timothy 1; 1 Cor.6).

Paul was trained under the best Hebrew scholar of his day (Gamaliel). So he was well qualified to know the difference between the Old and New Covenants, what was done away with on Christ's cross, and what was not.

The problem many Christian brethren have is with unlearned preachers who often confuse the difference between the Old Covenant, what Christ nailed to His cross, and how many of the laws God gave through Moses were spiritually beyond that Old Covenant, like God's commandment in Levitcus 19 to love thy neighbor as thyself.

richard79408

Mar 20, 2012
Greetings in Christ to all who are writing on this board,

When you sit down at the table you get what is there--not something that is not there. Be nice--what are you expectations here? That everyone will think that you are the one? Some certainly seem to imply that--. This is an unusual forum in that conversations take place without being face to face so to speak.

I sometimes forget these verses but then I re read them--
Mat 12:33
Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Mat 12:34
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Mat 12:35
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
Mat 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

When any of us begins to pound on the keyboard to put words up here--we should keep in mind that we are opening a very big door into the treasure of our hearts. Unfortunately we are so busy getting someone--we fail to understand that we have just given folks a really good look at the treasure of our heart. Is that what we really want to do?

Even the lookie lou's can and do say ugh at times..

Richard79408

Veteran, greetings in Christ from sunny Texas,
Thank you for responding in such a mangificant way--I will be happy to share both of those with you.. It takes a little time so be patient.
Richard 79408

Here is some information on who Israel is or is not--enjoy

Let's begin with Romans--Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
This is the theme of Romans and is such throughout the book. It has to be kept running along side Romans 9-11

What is this passage saying? That the gospel is "now", in this age and it is the power of God to do what? To save both the Jew, the Israelite and the Gentiles who believe in it. It is the same message "then" and "now" it will save both the Jews and the Gentiles who choose to obey it today. Keep this firmly in mind when we get to romans 9-11.

Questions to ponder:

[1] Does the Bible teach that God still has a plan and purpose for the nation of Israel which is different from His plan for the church?

[2] Does the bible teach that the promises made to Israel in the Old Testament find fulfillment in Spiritual Israel?

[3] Does the Bible equate Israel and the church?

Remember, from the influence of the pre mill and or pre mill dispen folks are influencing a lot of people today i.e. that ethnic Israel continues to be God"s special people.

So,are many of the Old Testament promises to the nation are to be fulfilled, and that He has planned for the nation to be saved near, or at, the end of the church age?

Note--When one studies the scriptures by covenants and not by Testaments--these questions are easily answered in the negative. However, we are not doing so in this study.

We are going to turn to the Apostle Paul--he gives us an inspired account for the future of God's people in Romans 9-11.

God on Pentecost has done what? God has provided a way of salvation for all, Jew{acts 2} or Gentiles{acts 10-11} IN JESUS CHRIST because of what?

All have sinned and are in need of salvation. That salvation was made available beginning in Acts 2 and continues until Christ returns for "the end."

Please note--the same spiritual blessings are needed and provided for all people--now, right now, in this age--..
Further, both the Lord and Paul are interested in the salvation of Israel--But Israel is no longer God's special people. Why?

[1] The did not keep the covenant made at Sinai
[2] They chose not to keep the covenant in Deut 29--their choice
[3] They put the son of God on a Cross and killed Him--forfeiting all rights with God under the Mosaical law.
[4] AND, the really big reason --THEY THE JEWS HAVE NOT ACCEPTED JESUS AS THE MESSIAH!!!

Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
Rom 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Here is the point--and, it is a big one!

The point that is established is that "Israel" that is spiritual Israel--THE TRUE PEOPLE OF GOD--IS NOT, IS NOT identical with the ethnic Israel or the Physical offspring of Abraham.

Really really big point here and if you don't think about it--you can miss it--consider...

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Now, I am adding a newer translation--

Rom 9:6 It cannot be said that God broke his promise. After all, not all of the people of Israel are the true people of God.
Rom 9:7 In fact, when God made the promise to Abraham, he meant only Abraham's descendants by his son Isaac. God was talking only about Isaac when he promised

What is Paul doing here? He is reminding his readers and thus, us today of the fact that Abraham had two sons, Issac and Ishmael.

God chose Isaaac as the one through whom the spiritual seed would come i.e. Romans 9:7.

Before we go on-- you have to learn to shut down the enormous amount of false information provided by the pre mill and pre mill dispen folks to stay focused on the texts.

Look at this verse--Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Let's rewind this a bit--It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God rather it is the children of the promise that are regarded as descendants.
Paul then goes on to show them, his readers and us today, the implications of this factiod..

Not all of the Jews of "his day" could properly call themselves "Israel", the people of God, --BUT ONLY those who follow the EXAMPLE OF THE FAITH OF ABRAHAM.

Rom 2:28 Just because you live like a Jew and are circumcised doesn't make you a real Jew.
Rom 2:29 To be a real Jew you must obey the Law. True circumcision is something that happens deep in your heart, not something done to your body. And besides, you should want praise from God and not from humans.

Rom 4:12 This also makes Abraham the father of everyone who is circumcised and has faith in God, as Abraham did before he was circumcised.
Rom 4:13 God promised Abraham and his descendants that he would give them the world. This promise wasn't made because Abraham had obeyed a law, but because his faith in God made him acceptable.
Rom 4:14 If Abraham and his descendants were given this promise because they had obeyed a law, then faith would mean nothing, and the promise would be worthless.

By the way this distinction between physical and spiritual circumcision was made as early as hereJer 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

As an aside here--I believe we today are not as acquainted with the Mosaic law and its teachings as we need to be.

Again it could well be the influence of the pre mill dis folks that keep us from being as aware as we should be as disciples of Christ.
Even then a very long time prior to the coming of Christ this was an issue and a problem for Israel. Pretty much the same problems for christians today--depending on the keeping of the ordinances to the neglect of the heart of the teachings themselves.

Clearly, external obedience to the law of Moses does not make one a "true descendant of Abraham" for as we see, there must also be a demonstration of the law in one's life--Rom 2:28-29.

Richard79408

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Don't be so critical of others. You write as you wish and let others do the same.

If you took that as critical then sorry, was asking a question..I now can pray for Richard79408 to be healed...so I accept your apology for your lack of understanding RichardBurger that I was really interested in knowing why...If someone has a vision problem it can be prayed for and also maybe some assistance in helping with the post to make it easier for them and others to read...I wear glasses myself and have a problem reading the large bold print, it bothers my eyes as my glasses are designed for computer reading and correction of my visional impairments...

Shep

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Richard79408, I do not believe the so called "great Commission" is for those under grace and the followin supports my belief.

Many today have been laboring under the commission given to the Twelve. We might commend them for doing something, yet they have been unfaithful servants if they are not doing what God has told us to do in this Dispensation of Grace. I pray that you will not be an unfaithful servant, but that you will carry out God’s commission to us.

Wait....so you are saying that if a Christian goes out and tells others about Jesus...that they indeed want many people to know about and come to Jesus, then they are being 'unfaithful' because that command was not, supposedly, given to us? Man, that doesn't even make sense. And it certainly doesn't honour and glorify God.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Here is some information on who Israel is or is not--enjoy

Let's begin with Romans--Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
This is the theme of Romans and is such throughout the book. It has to be kept running along side Romans 9-11

What is this passage saying? That the gospel is "now", in this age and it is the power of God to do what? To save both the Jew, the Israelite and the Gentiles who believe in it. It is the same message "then" and "now" it will save both the Jews and the Gentiles who choose to obey it today. Keep this firmly in mind when we get to romans 9-11.

No problems there.

Questions to ponder:

[1] Does the Bible teach that God still has a plan and purpose for the nation of Israel which is different from His plan for the church?

YES. God promised David and Jerusalem that He would always leave "one tribe" at Jerusalem for His servant David's and Jerusalem's sake (1 Kings 11). There are certain Promises still in effect today specifically for the descendents of Israel in 2 parts; one set for the seed of the "house of Judah" (Jews), and another set for the seed of Israel of the "house of Israel" (ten tribes).

If you live in the Christian West, i.e., the first historical nations to accept The Gospel of Jesus Christ on earth, then you are living under the promises specifically given through believers on Christ of the "house of Israel". That's where the majority of the seed of the ten tribes migrated to, and there exists enough archaeological and literature proof of it. Even the Scots in their Declaration of Abroath of 1320 admitted their heritage from old Israel. But of course, men's old bottle traditions are not going to allow you to understand that part of prophecy in God's Word.

[2] Does the bible teach that the promises made to Israel in the Old Testament find fulfillment in Spiritual Israel?

Yes. Specifically among the "house of Israel" (ten tribes) under Ephraim who was to become literally, "a multitude of nations" (Gen.48). That's where God's Birthright promises went to in final, and still remain today, and why it involves Christ's Church established in those western Christian nations of history, where the majority of the ten tribes migrated to.

[3] Does the Bible equate Israel and the church?

YEP! Paul specifically did that in Ephesians 2 when speaking of how believing Gentiles were once strangers from God's covenants of promise, but now through Christ Jesus are brought into those promises to Israel, and labeling that "the commonwealth of Israel". The name Israel is a name associated with God's Salvation Plan through Jesus Christ, for that's the name He gave to Jacob to represent His Salvation and Birthright promises first given to Abraham. God's Birthright promises first to Abraham then continued through Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, and then Joseph's two sons Ephraim and Manasseh (1 Chronicles 5). That's why all those of Faith are called "the children of Abraham" by Apostle Paul in Galatians 3. The Salvation Promise by Faith was given to Abraham first, 430 years prior to the Old Covenant and law. When our Lord Jesus Christ came to die on the cross, He fulfilled that Promise by Faith first written of in the Old Testament Books. We as believing Gentiles have been INCLUDED... in that Promise along with faithful Israel.

The confusion about that name Israel today is with the descendents of old Israel that now only exist as the "house of Judah" (Jews). After the split of old Israel per 1 Kings 11 through 2 Kings 18, Judah (Jews) were the only ones of old Israel that did not lose their heritage as part of the original nation of Israel. Since the ten tribed kingdom of the "house of Israel" was separated from Judah and the ten tribes lost to the world (but not to God), Judah has not been contested on that name Israel. And since the majority of Judah still refuse Christ Jesus today, they naturally think that name Israel is only about them as seed descendents.

The greater mystery in God's Word about the name Israel is how He scattered the ten tribes who were the owners of the name 'Israel' after Solomon's days, and how God caused those ten tribes to become as Gentiles, living among the Gentiles. And when Christ came to die on the cross, The Gospel was received by the remnants of the ten tribes that migrated westward to Asia Minor and Europe from their Assyrian captivity. So together, the ten tribes of Israel and Gentiles they migrated among, both became Christ's Church in The Gospel, and thus the manifesting of God's prophecy about Ephraim becoming "a multitude of nations", the western Christian nations of history. From there per Christian history, The Gospel would then go to all nations and peoples, and all who believe on Jesus together become one Body under Christ Jesus. And we all together will be established as God's Israel in the holy lands of promise under Christ Jesus at His second coming.

Remember, from the influence of the pre mill and or pre mill dispen folks are influencing a lot of people today i.e. that ethnic Israel continues to be God"s special people.

Doesn't matter who's saying it. What matters is whether or not it's true per God's Holy Writ and history. And it is true, even written by Apostle Paul in the latter part of the Romans 11 chapter you mention. Or didn't you understand what Paul said about the unbelieving part of Israel that is still beloved, for the gifts and calling of God are without repentance?

There's two parts of the seed of Israel Paul is speaking of in the Romans 11 chapter, 1) believing remnant of the seed of Israel according to the election of grace, and 2) blinded remnant of Israel which refuse Christ Jesus. God Himself blinded the majority of that second part of Israel, known mostly to us as orthodox Jews. But those will not stay blinded forever, as Paul also covered that there also. The important reason Paul gave for their blindness was so The Gospel of Jesus Christ could ALSO... go to the Gentiles. Paul warned us there also about being 'wise in our own conceits' against that unbelieving remnant of Israel (Rom.11:25).

So,are many of the Old Testament promises to the nation are to be fulfilled, and that He has planned for the nation to be saved near, or at, the end of the church age?

You haven't understood what all Paul was teaching in his Epistles about the nation of Israel, specifically what I just covered above, including prophecy about the ten tribes of Israel (house of Israel), and their migrations to the west to become "a multitude of nations" under Ephraim (Gen.48). If you had understood that, then you wouldn't ask such a question, because the majority of the people of ten tribed Israel HAVE... obtained to Christ's Salvation for thats who became the founders of the western Christian nations of history. That includes a lot of Judah that also migrated to the western nations too. The migrations into the west of the ten tribes is even mentioned in 2 Esdras in the Apocrypha (the Apocrypha was included in the original first edition 1611 King James Bible - can still get a copy from Thomas Nelson Publishing in Nashville, Tn.).

The ones of Israel that you're actually referring to are mostly those of Judah, the "house of Judah" per God's Word, the Jews. Judah and Israel were separated after Solomon's days (1 Kings 11 through 2 Kings 18). They were never... gathered back together as one body, but those who believe on Jesus among them will be (Ezek.37 with the "two sticks" prophecy when Jesus returns). God promised the nation of Israel would exist forever (see Jer.31:35-40).

Note--When one studies the scriptures by covenants and not by Testaments--these questions are easily answered in the negative. However, we are not doing so in this study.

The word "testament" is simply an English translation of the Greek word for 'covenant'. Men's doctrines often confuse that. The Old Covenant is not the whole Old Testament Books. The Old Testament Books of the prophets, the Psalms, are not... the Old Covenant. (I'm not Jewish; I only put the phrase Old Covenant in capitals to make a distinction between the New Covenant our Lord Jesus Christ brought). Sadly, because the KJV translators used the labels 'Old Testament' and 'New Testament' to separate the time when Christ came to die on the cross, many have wrongly taught everything written in the Old Testament Books is now dead history, but that's not true.

Much written in the Old Testament Books has been fulfilled by Christ Jesus, but not all of it. Our Lord Jesus and all His Apostles when referring to future prophecy were pulling from the Old Testament Books of God's prophets, even some coming from the first five Books that God penned through Moses. Yet the Old Covenant is abolished, and is no more. Not the Old Testament Books, but specifically the Old Covenant contract. The only Salvation contract offered from God at present is the New Covenant through the Blood of His Son Jesus Christ.

The orthodox unbelieving Jews are no longer under the Old Covenant, simply because it does not exist anymore. They are trying... to keep it alive, but if you'll notice, God ended their ability to practice that Old Covenant worship in Jerusalem centuries ago. That's why they keep wanting to re-establish Jerusalem in that Old Covenant still today, which requires the existence of an Israelite temple to do it. That's why when we under Christ Jesus see them build another temple in Jerusalem, and start up that Old Covenant sacrificial worship again, you know that working is not of our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

We are going to turn to the Apostle Paul--he gives us an inspired account for the future of God's people in Romans 9-11.

God on Pentecost has done what? God has provided a way of salvation for all, Jew{acts 2} or Gentiles{acts 10-11} IN JESUS CHRIST because of what?

All have sinned and are in need of salvation. That salvation was made available beginning in Acts 2 and continues until Christ returns for "the end.

Please note--the same spiritual blessings are needed and provided for all people--now, right now, in this age--..
Further, both the Lord and Paul are interested in the salvation of Israel--But Israel is no longer God's special people. Why?

Like I said per Rom.11:25, we cannot do away with God's gifts and calling to Israel, not even to the unbelieving seed of Israel. He STILL... has a specific plan for the unbelievers of the seed of Israel when Jesus returns. And Paul quoted from the Book of Isaiah there in Romans 11 about that future plan for them. It's about the future time when the 'blindness' God put upon unbelieving Judah will be removed. THEN... once their spiritual eyes are opened to Christ's Salvation, they will be able to make their choice. Until then, they are not 'cut off' from His Salvation yet, and only IF they still reject Christ Jesus.

But what about the other part of Israel, the majority of Israel of the ten scattered tribes? The majority of them are ALREADY... in Christ's Salvation Plan per the New Covenant, having been the original founders of the early Christian nations, especially those in Europe.

[1] The did not keep the covenant made at Sinai

None of the children of Israel could keep it. The Old Covenant and purpose of the law was only to POINT... to the Way in Christ Jesus Who was to come. Paul said it was added because of transgressions till the seed would come to whom the promise was made (Gal.3:19). That's why we are no longer under God's law IF... we walk by The Spirit through Jesus Christ, which is also what Paul taught in Galatians. Walking by The Spirit means not doing anything that is against God's law, which is what Paul also taught in Galatians. He taught a different application of God's laws for one who instead walks by their flesh! So the question is, how do we stay in Christ's grace today? Through repentance and confessing our sins to Him when we mess up by wandering off to follow our flesh, and thus bring ourselves back under bondage to God's law.

[2] They chose not to keep the covenant in Deut 29--their choice

That's not correct.
When Moses asked them to agree to all that God commanded them through Moses, all the children of Israel agreed to do it, and that more than once after having disobeyed (Exodus 24:3; Deut.5:27; Deut.26:17-19; Joshua 24:24; Nehemiah 10:29). So even under the Old Covenant through Moses, God revealed His loving Nature and great Patience with the people of Israel.

[3] They put the son of God on a Cross and killed Him--forfeiting all rights with God under the Mosaical law.

That's what most believe, but it's not entirely accurate, because 1) the majority of the seed of the ten tribes of Israel were not even present in the holy land at Christ's first coming to die on the cross. 2) the "crept in unawares" (Jude 1:4) had taken over the scribes position and Moses' seat by the time of Christ's first coming. Those mostly behind it were foreigners of the leftover Canaanite peoples among the scribes and Pharisees; pagans; the scribes were of the foreigner Kenites (1 Chronicles 2:55) (for Canaanites that eventually became Nethinims and priests, see Judges 2 & 3; Joshus 9; 1 Kings 9:19-22; Ezra 2; Ezra 8; Ezra 9; Nehemiah 3:26; Matt.13 about the "tares"; Matt.23 of what Jesus said to the scribes and Pharisees; also John 8; Zechariah 14:21). Those were truly the ones responsible for Christ's crucifixion, and even stirring up the crowds at Jesus' trial.

Not all the Jews refused Christ Jesus, though the majority of them did, and stil do today.

Those who heed men's traditions have that Bible history totally missing... out of their understanding of God's Word and His Salvation Plan. It's because men's traditions are like the old bottles our Lord Jesus mentioned. You can't put the New Wine understanding into old bottles because they'll break. You put the New Wine into new bottles, so both are preserved. This is why our Lord Jesus and His disciples very harshly rebuked those foreigners of the scribes and Pharisees that had crept into the positions of Moses' seat. Jesus even called them "vipers" (asps), and said their father was the devil. Those were the main ones responsible for shedding the blood of the prophets per Matt.23 and Luke 11. That did not apply to all the children of Israel. And if you don't yet understand this, when our Lord Jesus returns you will understand it then.

[4] AND, the really big reason --THEY THE JEWS HAVE NOT ACCEPTED JESUS AS THE MESSIAH!!!

Quite a few of the Jews HAVE... already accepted Jesus of Nazareth as Messiah. Quit tryng to put the same blanket upon all of them. God doesn't like us doing that.

Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
Rom 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Paul had a whole lot more to say there about the flesh seed of Israel according to God's promises.

So, like I said before, what made you ever think that I needed your help in understanding???

Go to ISAIAH 28 THROUGH 29 AND READ! Then you'll KNOW which ones of Israel God was specifically talking about there, which is where Apostle Paul was pulling from about that stone of stumbling idea.

(For those interested, God was especially speaking about the leaders of Israel in Isaiah 28 and 29, those who were SUPPOSED to be knowledgable in His Word, line upon line. But they WOULD NOT DO IT! Do you think brethren, not doing that might ALSO fit a lot of our Christian preachers today??? Yes, you bet it does; they do the SAME things old Israel did with not fulfilling proper Bible study in ALL of God's Word line upon line like He said to do it! Thus the 'old bottles' of men's traditions is what they get instead, only FRAGMENTS of understanding, a little bit of understanding here and a little bit of understanding there, that they might be snared, and taken, just like the Isaiah 28 Scripture warns.)

Here is the point--and, it is a big one!

The point that is established is that "Israel" that is spiritual Israel--THE TRUE PEOPLE OF GOD--IS NOT, IS NOT identical with the ethnic Israel or the Physical offspring of Abraham.

You mean you've spent all that time and that's what you're trying to establish???

Paul's Message in Rom.9 is about both flesh Israel per the examples of Isaac, Jacob and Esau he gave there, in contrast to how the New Covenant brings believing Gentiles into the fold of God's concept of Israel. The name Israel IS... the Salvation Name through Christ Jesus. The word means 'to prevail with God's help'. It's the same idea our Lord Jesus said about 'overcoming' with His help.

It is also God's Birthright name given to Jacob and his descendents, and applies to the seed of Israel that 'overcome' through Christ Jesus and believing Gentiles joined with them. That Birthright followed scattered Israel of the ten tribes into the west to found the western Christian nations in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. THAT's where God's Birthright promises have been manifest since Jesus came to die on the cross!! (Look those promises up)

But we see the false prophets want to try and destroy God's Birthright among the descendents of Israel established in the western Christian nations! That's who's been trying to tear down the western Christian nations today, the false "crept in unawares" among us also. (Yes, they have crept in among many Christian Churches and seminaries today also, just like they did with the old Sanhedrin and temple before Christ's first coming; it was OT prophecy that it would happen.)

Really really big point here and if you don't think about it--you can miss it--consider...

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

So, Paul said NONE of the seed of Israel are God's Israel?? No, if you'll notice, he did not say that. Paul said they are not ALL Israel, which are of Israel. That's different. And truly, neither are ALL of Abraham's descendents of Israel. Why's that? Simply because Abraham had OTHER children that were not born through Isaac. Ishamel was one of Abraham's other children, and they still claim Isaac stole their birthright.

The children of The Promise are 'counted' for the seed of Israel. What Promise? The Promise by Faith which God first gave through Abraham; that's the Promise that all this depends upon per Paul. I bet that's the punchline you're waiting for, isn't it. That is how Christ's Church is formed to include both the believing 'seed' of Israel, and believing Gentiles. It's not a NEW Israel. It's the same Israel God has always had His Salvation Plan ordained for. The flesh seed of Israel were simply chosen to 'represent' the Israel under Christ Jesus. That's why Jesus promised His Apostles of the seed of Israel would sit upon thrones judging the 12 tribes in final.

Thus we CANNOT ever... get rid of the Israel as a 'nation' idea which God has ordained to exist forever (Jer.31). It will be established as a 'nation' in Christ's future Kingdom also, even one-third with Egypt and Assyria per the end of isaiah 19.

What is Paul doing here? He is reminding his readers and thus, us today of the fact that Abraham had two sons, Issac and Ishmael.

God chose Isaaac as the one through whom the spiritual seed would come i.e. Romans 9:7.

Before we go on-- you have to learn to shut down the enormous amount of false information provided by the pre mill and pre mill dispen folks to stay focused on the texts.

Look at this verse--Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Already covered that point. And I like the good ole' KJV Bible just fine...

Rom 9:6-10
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.
10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
(KJV)

Why does Paul immediately go into a teaching about Sarah and Abraham's seed of Isaac? Simple, because he's talking about the Promise by Faith first given to Abraham, then through Isaac, and finally to Jacob. HOW IS THAT NOT ABOUT FLESH SEED OF ISRAEL?

This is why our Lord Jesus called God, The God of Abraham, The God of Isaac, and The God of Jacob, for That is one of His Titles. And it's about that Promise by Faith first given through Abraham which continued... next to Gentiles??? Nope! That Promise by Faith then continued to Isaac, then to Jacob whom God then named 'Israel', and then to Joseph, and then to Joseph's two sons Ephraim and Manasseh. That was about GOD's choosing of ELECTION, even of the seed of Israel. Was Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Ephraim and Manasseh 'counted' as the seed of Israel, and as spiritual Israel? Yes, if they believe on Christ. (Jesus showed at the end of John 8 that Abraham did believe. Abraham just didn't get to live to see Christ's coming. Enoch, the 7th from Adam, also had to have known The Gospel, since he was given to prophesy of Jesus coming with ten thousands of His saints, as quoted in Jude 1). So it's wrong to think the Old Testament patriarchs and prophets knew nothing about The Gospel (see Ps.22 given through David).

Let's rewind this a bit--It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God rather it is the children of the promise that are regarded as descendants.
Paul then goes on to show them, his readers and us today, the implications of this factiod..

Not all of the Jews of "his day" could properly call themselves "Israel", the people of God, --BUT ONLY those who follow the EXAMPLE OF THE FAITH OF ABRAHAM.

Yep!
And just WHO per Old Testament history followed that Faith? Did ANY of the flesh seed of Israel follow it? YES! Of course! Otherwise, even the "multitude of nations" prophecy given to Ephraim would not have been established with the western Christian nations in The Gospel of Jesus Christ!!! (But it looks like you've got a long, long ways to understand that part about the western Christian nations being the "multitude of nations" fulfillment per the Gen.48 prophecy to Ephraim. Untie the tether around your neck from the traditions of men, and you might... come to it.)

Rom 2:28 Just because you live like a Jew and are circumcised doesn't make you a real Jew.
Rom 2:29 To be a real Jew you must obey the Law. True circumcision is something that happens deep in your heart, not something done to your body. And besides, you should want praise from God and not from humans.
Rom 4:12 This also makes Abraham the father of everyone who is circumcised and has faith in God, as Abraham did before he was circumcised.
Rom 4:13 God promised Abraham and his descendants that he would give them the world. This promise wasn't made because Abraham had obeyed a law, but because his faith in God made him acceptable.
Rom 4:14 If Abraham and his descendants were given this promise because they had obeyed a law, then faith would mean nothing, and the promise would be worthless.

By the way this distinction between physical and spiritual circumcision was made as early as hereJer 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

The idea of spiritual circumcision was actually from the Old Testament in Genesis first. It involved the token of God's Promise by Faith first given to Abraham and then to his seed. It happened along with the Promise by Faith 430 years BEFORE the giving of the law through Moses. You should study about that from Paul in Romans and Galatians involving Abraham more carefully. Concerning circumsion of the flesh, it profits nothing like Paul said. The real circumsion is of the heart for those who believe by Faith as Abraham did like you showed. Thus God gave Abraham a fleshy token to represent the Real Spiritual Circumcision that would come by Faith on Christ Jesus.

As an aside here--I believe we today are not as acquainted with the Mosaic law and its teachings as we need to be.

The early founders of the western Christian nations were well acquainted with it, so what happened? They used it to establish the laws governing the western Christian nations. Christ's enemies have crept in; that's what happened. How they started hatred against those laws is by tricking Christian brethren into mis-applying them, and starting wars against each other; making everyone fear and glad to get rid of a lot of them. But God has seen fit to have many of them still established among His people of the western Christian nations. When Christ enemies become successful individually trying to force us to disregard God's Ten Commandments, then you will see Christ's enemies first-hand in front of you. That time of the Antichrist is coming.

Again it could well be the influence of the pre mill dis folks that keep us from being as aware as we should be as disciples of Christ.
Even then a very long time prior to the coming of Christ this was an issue and a problem for Israel. Pretty much the same problems for christians today--depending on the keeping of the ordinances to the neglect of the heart of the teachings themselves.

Clearly, external obedience to the law of Moses does not make one a "true descendant of Abraham" for as we see, there must also be a demonstration of the law in one's life--Rom 2:28-29.

Richard79408

Christian law is about God's laws from The Bible. Those laws are to protect God's people from the wicked today. Remove them, and you remove one of God's longstanding methods of keeping order among His people. That's why Christ's enemies want to do away with those laws that keep order.

God's laws also involve science, a part not many are aware of. In the middle ages when doctors couldn't figure 'how' diseases in one ward was being transferred from patient to patient, someone who knew about God's laws told them, got to rinse your hands under 'running water' like God told the Israelites to do with cleaning themselves and pots, etc. The doctors were washing their hands in the same bowl of dirty water after caring for each patient, transferring disease to the next patient.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Wait....so you are saying that if a Christian goes out and tells others about Jesus...that they indeed want many people to know about and come to Jesus, then they are being 'unfaithful' because that command was not, supposedly, given to us? Man, that doesn't even make sense. And it certainly doesn't honour and glorify God.

Stupid. I said no such thing. Obviously you did not really read what I posted.

richard79408

Mar 20, 2012

I want to point out some things here first about Veteran--First, he is not alone--there are tons and tons of folks who teach what He is teaching..and, there are a ton of variations to what He is teaching. Veteran may not know that but I do because I have had a lot of conversations with folks and having spent some 30 years of my life thinking as Veteran currently thinks.

It is not easy to learn something new--especially when it clashes so dramatically with what one honestly and sincerely believes but this is why we do have such discussions.

Because we are concerned with rightly dividing the word of God--new thinking and thoughts take some time to ingest. it took me more than a a couple of years for a lot of reasons--basic one is having to overcome years and years of teaching that was incorrect.

Many times we read a text--and we pass over it because it is not a part of our closed system of texts teaching on what we want out of the texts.
To understand Old Testament prophecy, we must first understand the purpose, scope, teaching and events of both the Old and New Testaments.
Because both covenants teach that all Old Testament prophecies concerning Israel as God's old covenant people were fulfilled in the Old Testament Mosaical age as described in the books of Exodus through Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Both covenants teach that all Old Testament prophecies concerning Christ as the Messiah God sent to Israel -- were fulfilled in the last thirty-three years of the old Mosaical age as described in the four gospels.

They also teach that all Old Testament prophecies pointing to the establishment of the New Testament age and the new covenant kingdom were fulfilled in the 1st century of this new covenant age as revealed in Acts through Revelation.

When people don't understand the fundamental purpose, scope and teaching of the different covenants of the Bible, they cannot possibly understand the divine purpose of the prophecy in those covenants or the scriptural fulfillment of those prophecies!

The Futility Of Speculation About Future Fulfillment Of Old Testament Prophecy

The study of Old Testament prophecy is abortive for those who pursue it along modern lines, because divine prophecy and fulfillment was tied to the covenants of the Bible and their divine institutions of old covenant Israel and the New Testament church -- not to the human doctrines of Catholics, Protestants, modern day Jews, events or nations.

The New Testament teaches that the old Mosaical covenant between God and Israel was fulfilled by Christ during his personal ministry and death -- and then abolished at his cross.

When Old Testament Israel caused the death of the Messiah, the old covenant kingdom taken away from Israel and the Jews were cast away as God's old covenant people -- with God's promise that old covenant Israel would never rise again with his covenant blessing!

Because the new covenant kingdom was established by the apostles in the first century -- we must realize that all Old Testament prophecies concerning Christ and the establishment of his New Testament kingdom have already been fulfilled!
Therefore, people should not look for the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, especially the prophecies about the new covenant kingdom of Christ, in this 20th century of the New Testament age!

Speculation about Old Testament prophecy today by those who constantly appeal to the old covenant Mosaical prophecies -- prophecies that pertained to Old Testament Israel and her battles and destiny among the heathen nations of the Gentiles -- have missed or simply deny God's truth that those prophecies were fulfilled thousands of years ago.

Preachers and teachers who promote and advance such heretical doctrines as a future rapture, the return of Christ to the earth for a premillenial reign of 1000 years from Jerusalem over a kingdom yet to come, an actual futuristic physical battle at Armaggedon between the forces of God and Satan, the plagues, pestilences, wars, earthquakes, signs and wonders that are based upon God's prophecies concerning Old Testament Israel, have completely missed the meaning and misunderstood the purpose of old covenant prophecy.

They have failed to realize the results of the Old Testament work of Christ -- the fulfillment of all Old Testament prophecy to Israel as the Messiah to God's last generation of covenant Jews in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
And the New Testament fulfillment of all prophecy concerning the New Testament kingdom or church through the work of his apostles in Acts through Revelation.

The Teaching, Events And Promises Of The Two Covenants Determine The Historical Fulfillment Of Old Testament Prophecy

The study of biblical prophecy is not just an exercise in the study of secular history; and it certainly was never intended to be just for the expansion of someone's speculative denominational imagination.

Divine Old Testament prophecy and the fulfillment of that prophecy is a matter of God's historical and covenantal confirmation of the different Old and New Testament plans of faith revealed in the Scriptures.
Let us consider what the apostle Peter said regarding these matters.

"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory. This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Pet. 1:16-21).

Old Testament prophecy and its fulfillment, as the apostle of Christ declares, allows for no personal speculation or interpretation by anyone in this New Testament age!

When Was All Old Testament Prophecy Fulfilled?

Let us ask the question: How can we know when an Old Testament prophecy was fulfilled?

The answer lies within the nature and scope of the prophecy itself. For example, some Mosaical prophecies were fulfilled in
one simple act or event, while other prophecies required a period of time to reach complete fulfillment.

The prophecy concerning the virgin birth of Christ was fulfilled at his birth (Isa.7:14; Matt.1:18-25), and the prophecy
concerning his death was fulfilled when he was crucified (Isa. 53:4-5; Matt. 27:33-38).

These one-event prophecies, and all similar prophecies were fulfilled at the time the event took place!

However, some Mosaical prophecies spoke of events, conditions and circumstances that were to begin one moment in history -- and then continue over a long period of time. For example, the Old Testament prophecies against heathen Babylon and Tyre (Isa. 13:17- 22; Jer. 51:60-62; Ezk. 26:7-14).

These cities were destroyed by one event as prophesied, but their desolation was to continue forever. Thus, the continuing prophetical desolation of these cities is still in effect even though the prophecy was fulfilled thousands of years ago.
The Old Testament abounds in this type of prophecy and fulfillment.

Jesus Fulfilled All Old Testament Prophecy About The Messiah

All Old Testament prophecy about the Messiah and the end of the covenant kingdom were fulfilled in the period of Jesus' ministry to Israel -- as God's final prophet to his old covenant people. And all Old Testament prophecies concerning the New Testament kingdom of Christ were fulfilled in the lifetime of the apostles.

We must remember that these two truths are guaranteed by the inspiration and teaching of God in the Scriptures.
"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Tim. 3:15-17).

Jesus, who was co-author (in the Godhead) of all Old Testament prophecy, declared that his coming to Israel, as revealed in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, was to bring fulfillment to all the Old Testament prophecies concerning the Messiah.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Matt. 5:17-18).

What did Jesus and his disciples teach Israel about Old Testament prophecies and their fulfillment? They taught that his birth was the fulfillment of prophecy. "Now all of this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" (Matt. 1:22-23).

His birth was prophesied by Isaiah (7:14; 9:6-7) some 700 hundred years before the fulfillment, but because we have both the prophesy and the fulfillment established in the Scriptures, we should not look for the fulfillment of this prophecy again - now or in the future. For once a prophecy was fulfilled - we should not expect that same prophecy to be fulfilled a second time!

Consider the following passages that confirm Christ's fulfillment of all Old Testament prophecy during his personal ministry to Israel.

"And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene" (Matt. 2:23).

When Jesus first began to preach, he stood in the synagogue in Nazareth and declared the following.

"This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears" (Lk. 4:21; see vs. 16-32).

And when Jesus worked healings and miracles to prove himself to be the Son of God and confirm his mission as the Messiah to Israel, it was the fulfillment of prophecy.--"That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses" (Matt. 8:17).

Jesus, in the beginning of his personal ministry, told the Jews he had come to fulfill all prophecy concerning the Messiah and his work (Matt. 5:17-18).

Jesus continually declared he was fulfilling prophecy: as
he became the light of God's truth to Israel (Prophecy Isa. 9:1 -- Fulfillment Matt. 4:17);

when he declared to the Jews that he had come to show judgment unto the hated Gentiles (Isa. 49:6 - Matt. 12:17);
when he spoke in parables to Israel (Ps. 78:2 - Matt. 13:10-58); ;
when he lashed out at the unbelief of the Jews (Isa. 6:1; 53:1-4; - Jn. 12:37-41);
when he uncovered the plot of Judas Iscariot (Ps. 41:9 - Jn. 13-18);
when he pointed out the unjust hatred of the Jews (Ps. 69:4 - Jn. 15:25);
when he revealed the security of his disciples (Jn. 17:12-13; 18:9);
when he entered Jerusalem before his crucifixion (Isa. 62:11; Zech.9:9 - Matt. 21:4-9);
when he pronounced the end of the Jewish covenant and kingdom (Hos. 9:17 - Matt. 21:42-43; 24:34; 25:46);
when he ate the last Passover feast with his Jewish disciples (Lk. 22:16); and when he was crucified, buried, and raised again (Isa. 53; Ps. 16:10; 68:18 - Matt. 27-28; Mk. 15-16).

In the end of his Old Testament mission to Israel as described in the four gospels, Jesus told the people that he had fulfilled all Old Testament prophesies concerning the Messiah, and that all other things written in the Jewish prophecies would be fulfilled in the lifetime of that last generation of old covenant Jews.

"Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away" (Lk. 21:33-34).

After his resurrection, Jesus confirmed to his apostles that his generation in Israel would see the fulfillment of all Old Testament prophecy.

"...This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled ...And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures..." (Lk. 21:32; 24:44-45).

Yes, just as Jesus opened the understanding of the prophecies in the Scriptures for the apostles that they might realize that all prophecy concerning Israel and the Messiah had been fulfilled! We must learn the same truth!

Even in this New Testament age, Paul and Luke both wrote that Jesus had fulfilled and confirmed all the Old Testament promises that God had made to old covenant Israel.

"Now this I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers" (Rom.15:8).

"And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre" (Acts 13:29).

There were more than 300 distinct and separate Old Testament prophecies in the old Mosaical covenant about the coming of Jesus and his work in Israel.

God the Father, speaking through the prophets, pinpointed through prophecy all things that would confirm the divine scheme of redemption.
He left nothing to chance concerning the signs and fulfillment of prophecy that would clearly identify Christ for the people of Israel.
"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn. 20:30-31).

However, just as the people of Israel in Christ's day were blinded by the false prophets of their time (Matt.15:10-17), many today are also blinded by the false teaching that some Old Testament prophecy remains unfulfilled -- and is stilled to be fulfilled sometime in the future.

Let us remember what Jesus said to the unbelieving old covenant Jews.

"But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness" (Matt.6:23).
All Old Testament Prophecies Concerning The Establishment Of The New Testament Kingdom Were Fulfilled In The Apostles' Lifetime

Because the apostles were eye-witnesses to the fulfillment of Christ concerning all Messianic prophecies before and after the crucifixion, resurrection and ascension, they were also witnesses to the fulfillment of all Old Testament Mosaical prophecy concerning the establishment of the New Testament kingdom of Christ.

In fact, the signs, wonders, and miracles that attended the apostles' ministry in Acts, were the signs of the fulfillment of
all Old Testament prophecy concerning the establishment of the new covenant kingdom or church of Christ.

These signs confirmed the coming and establishment of the new covenant kingdom in their generation (see Mk.9:1; 16:15-20).

"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power" (Mk. 9:1).
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen" (Mk. 16:15-20).

The book of Acts (as well as all of the epistles, Romans - Revelation), testifies to the truth that the apostles understood that through their work -- under the guidance of the Holy Spirit -- all Old Testament Mosaical prophecy concerning the church or kingdom of Christ was to be fulfilled in their lifetime.
Peter realized this prior to Pentecost as he acknowledged that Old Testament kingdom prophecy was being fulfilled by his New Testament preaching (Acts 1:17-2:36).

This teaching was based on the fact that Christ had fulfilled all things from the mouths of the prophets concerning the Messiah (Acts 3:18)! The apostles testified that John had fulfilled his work (Acts 13:25), that Jesus had fulfilled all that was written of him (Acts 13:29), and that Christ's new covenant kingdom had now come to the earth (Heb. 12:28)!

Once the full and complete New Testament truth was revealed through the apostles, as Jesus had promised (Jn. 16:7-13), once the kingdom had come as it did on Pentecost in Jerusalem (Acts 2:1-47), and once the church-kingdom began to spread among the Jews in Jerusalem to Samaria and to the Gentiles in the uttermost parts of the earth (Acts 3:28; 10:1-48), at that time all Old Testament Mosaical prophecies concerning the new covenant kingdom were fulfilled in the work of the apostles.

At the same time, not once after these events took place did any among the apostles or the early church speak or teach of more Mosaical prophecy to be fulfilled in the future! Once the New Testament kingdom came and was fully established -- all prophecy concerning the new covenant kingdom was fulfilled -- therefore, no one should look for the fulfillment of old covenant kingdom prophecy today or in the future!

Because The Old Mosaical Covenant Has Been Fulfilled And Abolished -- There Remains No Unfulfilled Old Testament Prophecies Today!

No doctrine of the New Testament is more clearly emphasized in the Scriptures than the teaching of the apostles that Christ abolished the Mosaical covenant when he died on the cross.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" (Col.2:14; see also 2 Cor.3:1-18; Heb.7:12; 8:6-8; 9:16-17; 10:9- 10; Rom.10:4-5; 11:15-36).

By these strong statements concerning the end of the Mosaical covenant, it should be clear to everyone that because the old covenant was fulfilled and all prophecies and promises of God in the Old Testament were kept, the first covenant has now been abolished as a living and viable covenant between Jehovah and Israel.

Because all Old Testament prophecy concerning Old Testament Israel was fulfilled during the time of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and because all Old Testament prophecy about the New Testament kingdom of Christ was fulfilled in the historical time of the book of Acts -- all Old Testament prophecy has been fulfilled for some 2000 years, therefore it is impossible for there to be unfulfilled prophecy from the old Mosaical covenant today!

What About New Testament Prophecy?

The four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John reveal the fulfillment of all old Mosaical prophecies by Christ concerning the Messiah; they show him as a Mosaical prophet declaring the fulfillment of hundreds of prophecies concerning both the end of Israel and the beginning of the New Testament era. On the other hand, the books of Acts through Revelation contain only a few new covenant prophecies or teachings concerning the end of the world, the final coming of Christ, the judgment, and the final destiny of man's soul in heaven or hell.

However, it should be remembered, the New Testament is not a covenant ruled by continuing prophesy or prophets as was the old Mosaical covenant.

What About The Prophecies In Revelation?

There is no mysterious prophetical connection between the Old Testament book of Daniel and the New Testament book of Revelation as many assume. Although there may be many similarities in language and style (for Jews wrote both books concerning God's plan of salvation), Daniel dealt with the prophecies of God for Israel and how the new covenant and kingdom would affect that Old covenant people, while the Revelation of John describes two important moments of history
1) The events that would transpire between Pentecost (Acts 2) and
the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70;
2) The final coming of Christ to judge all mankind.

There are no specific teachings or prophecies found in Revelation concerning the historical or eternal destiny of the church that are not found in other New Testament books. Revelation addresses the clash between Old Testament Judaism and the heathen world with the New Testament church of Christ in the first century of the New Testament age, and the final victory of the church over both through Christ!

Revelation does not describe the history of the new covenant kingdom from its beginning to its historical end on earth.
No Future Premillennial 1000 Year Reign Of ChristIn A New Kingdom On Earth

Premillennialism, (the doctrine that Christ shall return to the earth, the rapture, the establishment of his new covenant kingdom, the 1000 year reign), and all other misrepresentations of Old Testament prophecy are gross distortions of God's prophetical word.

The greatest misuse of Old Testament Mosaical prophecy today is by denominational teachers who teach that Christ's New Testament kingdom was not really established by the apostles' work -- because they merely started a church!

These modern false prophetical prophets clamor that all Old Testament prophecies about the New Testament kingdom were not fulfilled by Jesus because the Jews rejected him as the Messiah -- therefore Christ had to postpone the coming and establishment of his new covenant kingdom and establish a church rather than the kingdom.

These modern prophetical wizards are wrong in both their theory and practice when they take Old Testament prophecy -- prophecies that God made of Israel and fulfilled in the old Mosaical age -- and then attempt to apply them to this New Testament age.

For example, all Mosaical prophecies that referred to old covenant Israel returning to Jerusalem were speaking of Old Testament Israel's restoration when she returned from her periods of captivity in Babylon and Persia (circa 600-500 B.C.) -- not Christ returning to build his new covenant kingdom at some future time in this New Testament age.

No Old Testament or New Testament promise or prophecy ever suggests a restoration of national Israel in the 20th century of the New Testament age, or of Christ reigning over a new kingdom from Jerusalem for 1000 years!

No doctrine or prophecy of either the old or new covenants ever suggest that Christ is coming back to earth to set up a new kingdom and establish a premillennial reign from Jerusalem for any length of time! Christ's New Testament reign as king over his kingdom began on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2), and his new covenant rule over the church has continued for the last 2000 years (Rom. 15:12; 1 Cor.15:25: 2 Tim.2:12).

The apostle Paul declared that the 1st century church of Christ was the new covenant kingdom of Christ, and that the apostles and Christians had received and were in the kingdom of Christ (Heb. 12:28; Col. 1:13).

Conclusion

Jesus is not coming back to set up his new covenant kingdom -- for he now reigns over his New Testament kingdom on earth from the right hand of God (Acts 7:55; Heb. 4:16).

Because the Old Testament has been served both its place in God's scheme of redemption and prophetical purpose -- and has already been fulfilled -- it now serves only as a record of historical truth as it was abolished as a living and active covenant (2 Cor.3:1-18).
Have all Old Testament prophecies already been fulfilled? The truth of God from both the Old and New Covenant give a resounding -- Yes! Richard79408

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

I want to point out some things here first about Veteran--First, he is not alone--there are tons and tons of folks who teach what He is teaching..and, there are a ton of variations to what He is teaching. Veteran may not know that but I do because I have had a lot of conversations with folks and having spent some 30 years of my life thinking as Veteran currently thinks.

It is not easy to learn something new--especially when it clashes so dramatically with what one honestly and sincerely believes but this is why we do have such discussions.

Because we are concerned with rightly dividing the word of God--new thinking and thoughts take some time to ingest. it took me more than a a couple of years for a lot of reasons--basic one is having to overcome years and years of teaching that was incorrect.

Many times we read a text--and we pass over it because it is not a part of our closed system of texts teaching on what we want out of the texts.
To understand Old Testament prophecy, we must first understand the purpose, scope, teaching and events of both the Old and New Testaments.

Instead of being so vague, why don't you act like a child of God and speak what's on your mind plainly, instead of all that salad dressing? But I'm not blind to what you said there, although it's being masked in such philosophical style that even the Greek philosophers would be proud. We all... must grow in study and understanding of God's Word.

One of the fallacies you try to associate with that idea of spiritual maturity in God's Word is your claim to 30 years experience. That idea is a fallacy when it comes to spiritual understanding that comes from God by The Holy Spirit, and not from man. I've seen elder people having attended Church all their lives and their Bible understanding is no more mature than the milk bottle traditions they were started on by men's seminary traditiions. They never cut loose the 'tether' men's traditions placed upon them eary on. All they had to do from the first was to heed God's Word line upon line, like how He said to study His Word. Their 'bottle traditions' instead kept them jumping around in God's Word like a jumping bean, never capturing the flow of all of it in their minds.

Because both covenants teach that all Old Testament prophecies concerning Israel as God's old covenant people were fulfilled in the Old Testament Mosaical age as described in the books of Exodus through Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Not true. LOT of prophecy about Israel STILL YET TO COME, and it was first written in God's OT prophets, which is why Peter included those OT prophets that we are to listen to...

2 Pet 3:1-4
1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
(KJV)

So far, you're starting to sound just LIKE the false doctrines Richard Burger has come here to push.

Both covenants teach that all Old Testament prophecies concerning Christ as the Messiah God sent to Israel -- were fulfilled in the last thirty-three years of the old Mosaical age as described in the four gospels.

You just made a HUGE... false statement with that kind of idea!

What you're preaching with that is Baloney! Anyone with common sense can look at the Books of the OT prophets and see a whole lot about our Lord Jesus Christ yet to be fulfilled today! Just in Ezekiel alone the last 9 chapters are for AFTER Christ's second coming!!! Isaiah is where the subject of God's new heavens and a new earth originates in the New Testament Epistles! I could keep going and going with Old Testament examples of yet future fullfilled prophecy, even past... Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Revelation 20!!!

They also teach that all Old Testament prophecies pointing to the establishment of the New Testament age and the new covenant kingdom were fulfilled in the 1st century of this new covenant age as revealed in Acts through Revelation.

What??? OT prophecy of Christ ending the Old Covenant and bringing the New Covenant through His Blood WAS... fulfilled in the 1st century A.D. Sounds like you might not even recognize what the abbreviation B.C. means! Do you use B.C.E. (before the common era) like those who don't believe in God, or do you use B.C. (Before Christ) to separate that timing???

When people don't understand the fundamental purpose, scope and teaching of the different covenants of the Bible, they cannot possibly understand the divine purpose of the prophecy in those covenants or the scriptural fulfillment of those prophecies!

I see you're still rambling with great swelling words without actually saying anything. If you're trying to say that you only understand the purpose of the Old and New Covenants, then you've wasted that 30 years of claimed experience.

The Futility Of Speculation About Future Fulfillment Of Old Testament Prophecy

The study of Old Testament prophecy is abortive for those who pursue it along modern lines, because divine prophecy and fulfillment was tied to the covenants of the Bible and their divine institutions of old covenant Israel and the New Testament church -- not to the human doctrines of Catholics, Protestants, modern day Jews, events or nations.

For those who don't know what 'abortive' means, it means 'fruitless, obsolete'. What this great doctor of wisdom is saying, is that those who seek to apply Old Testament Bible prophecy for a future timing, then that's a useless enterprise.

How many here actually believe that idea? If you do, then you might as well close our Lord's Book of Revelation and never read it, for a whole LOT of Revelation pulls DIRECTLY from God's Old Testament prophets! Even in Matthew 24 our Lord Jesus was giving us future prophecy for the END of this world while quoting directly from the Old Testament prophets, the Book of Daniel for one!

This Richard74908 could just turn out to be a Preterist, for many Preterists believe not only all Old Testament prophecy has been fulfilled already, but also our Lord's Book of Revelation as being already fulfilled! Easy to know that's not true.

The New Testament teaches that the old Mosaical covenant between God and Israel was fulfilled by Christ during his personal ministry and death -- and then abolished at his cross.

Guess you haven't read all the Old Testament prophecies yet to be fulfilled about God RESTORING the nation of Israel, huh?

Jer 23:1-8
1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture! saith the LORD.
2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed My people; Ye have scattered My flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.
3 And I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD.
5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, Which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
8 But, The LORD liveth, Which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.
(KJV)

House of Israel, Judah, Who does God mean with that "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS"? Why, it's our Lord Jesus Christ isn't it? YEP! And NOTICE "Judah" is included in that!!! Certainly can't be about today yet, for most of Judah still refuses Christ Jesus. That prophecy is STILL YET FUTURE.

So are parts of this next one...

Jer 31:31-40
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which My covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD': for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
35 Thus saith the LORD, Which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is His name:
36 If those ordinances depart from before Me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
38 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner.
39 And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath.
40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.
(KJV)

Since Richard79408 obviously has his spiritual eyes closed to all that, no sense in me trying to continue any type of debate with him involving common sense; his blindness in God's Word is one of the most astounding cases I've seen in a long time. And there's some pretty serious cases of spriitual blindness on this forum already. That's what happens with a public forum, it draws all kind of wierdos!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Stupid. I said no such thing. Obviously you did not really read what I posted.

I'm sorry, did you just call me stupid? I'm sure you did not, as it is strictly prohibited on this board to call another person stupid.

And as far as what you said or did not say...I have indeed read your post, and I see nothing but error and supposition. As I've said before, you are so caught up in your 'two gospels' that you are failing to see what's right in front of you...two audiences, one gospel.

You see, you loose me, and most other Bible believing Christians, when you begin to say things like this:

the Great Commission and see that it cannot be carried out today, at least not the way the Lord told them to do it. -Jesus is God, what commands He gave His followers stand today, despite what you think, and despite what circumstances people may throw at Him...His will is sovereign, He is never stymied, never baffled, and never...ever, forced to go to plan B.

They can do it because God revealed something new to them. - something new that was not put in scripture? That makes you a special interpreter that has been chosen to tell the rest of us? Sorry, that is not true, everything we need to know about God, redemption and His plans for us are in scripture. You are taking a question you have from Galatians, "how could they do that" and making it about 2 gospels, rather than 2 audiences. Your way, you need to insert a 'secret' that God told only the special 12, but with the orthodox way, it's all about Jesus and Him appointing different men to spread His gospel among different people, which necessitated different methods.

You are so focused on your 'dispensation of Paul's gospel of grace, which was hidden...' that you miss so much. Jesus and Paul's message was exactly the same; Jesus is the only way. The only difference to what Paul and Peter were teaching...was that Peter taught to the Jews, and Paul the Gentiles (although we do see in Acts that it was Peter who first made the Lords direction regarding Gentiles known to the council, and we also see that Paul, wherever he stopped, would first go to the Jewish synagogues and try to reach them with the gospel. It's almost like God foresaw that some people would try and declare two different gospels!)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The only difference to what Paul and Peter were teaching...was that Peter taught to the Jews, and Paul the Gentiles (although we do see in Acts that it was Peter who first made the Lords direction regarding Gentiles known to the council, and we also see that Paul, wherever he stopped, would first go to the Jewish synagogues and try to reach them with the gospel. It's almost like God foresaw that some people would try and declare two different gospels!)

An amazing revelation. That's a sign of The Holy Spirit speaking when we are put in the throes of falsehoods.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
I'm curious why an individual who proclaims two gospels is even allowed to post such falsehood here. Paul emphatically declared anyone who proclaimed a gospel different from what he proclaimed, accursed.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:8-9

It seems to me that enabling such a person to proclaim doctrines of demons through the proclamation of a different gospel is direct rebellion against Paul's teaching, and incurs liability into judgment for causing weaker brethren in the faith to stumble.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:6-7

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I'm curious why an individual who proclaims two gospels is even allowed to post such falsehood here. Paul emphatically declared anyone who proclaimed a gospel different from what he proclaimed, accursed.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:8-9

It seems to me that enabling such a person to proclaim doctrines of demons through the proclamation of a different gospel is direct rebellion against Paul's teaching, and incurs liability into judgment for causing weaker brethren in the faith to stumble.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:6-7

That's been my point since those like dan p and Richard Burger came here proclaiming that junk. I couldn't be part of the staff here, I don't have that level of patience.

A certain amount of that falseness must be allowed though, in order to reveal those who 'earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints' (Jude 1:3).

richard79408

Mar 20, 2012

you said--Instead of being so vague, why don't you act like a child of God and speak what's on your mind plainly, instead of all that salad dressing? But I'm not blind to what you said there, although it's being masked in such philosophical style that even the Greek philosophers would be proud. We all... must grow in study and understanding of God's Word.

My observation--I did speak what was on my mind--I spent the first 30 years of my life in the wrong place--the place you now occupy.
Not a big deal for me any longer because I am no longer there.

Factiod--you are not alone in your thinking and teaching. Factiod--there are many many variation on exactly what you are teaching.
Factiod, we do read texts and we read over them or through them and that is still happening.

I have not laid claims to having arrived in Spiritual Maturity but I have reached the point where I can read and understand that I can read over or through the texts unless I [a]recognize that happens and I am willing to work on that or [c]I continue in ignorance believing that I am presenting the truth when the scriptures teach otherwise.

However, the difference between us Veteran--Is that I recognize that even I can have "bottle traditions" and so keep an weather eye on the texts--wherein it seems to be that you think and even act as if "bottle traditions" are for the other folks here.

For instance, if you were to go back and look at say, your last 100 posts--you would better understand what I am saying...

But understand this Veteran--until you come to the table willing to a part of the discussion--you are not going to get along well with folks. I have never found yelling and calling names a good way to impart or share information.

Now, do you know what a closed system is? Our scientists tells us that is a system where nothing can get in or get out. For our purposes that means that we go to the scripture to defend a doctrine or practise and we take texts in the scriptures that help us and ignore any and all other texts.

That in and of itself is not always bad but what does make it impossible is the fact as discussions go on--the ground gets covered again and again. This develops what I call our "wagonwheel rut theology".

A wagonwheel rut happens when a wagon goes out across the land seekingthe easiest path to travel. Other wagons come along behind it over time and seeing the path taken by the first wagon also take it. Over time the wheel ruts become so deep that once in them you can neither turn to the left nor turn to the right and you cannot even back up. All you can do is go forward until you get out of the rut.

At this point then literally one does not "see" nor "understand" any text that is not in the closed system.

So--when this happens what is going to happen? Folks are going to the texts--and the scriptures in the closed system are in the texts so they have to be right--right---So what ever text is used by anyone else won't be acceptable.

This gives us the tool of our adversary that He encourages all of us to practise--Scriptural combat. The use of one or one set of inspired texts against another scripture or set of inspired scriptures. Thus the truth is distorted and the participants never ever figure out what is happening.You can see the results here.

This is where we are now--There is a solution and an observation.

The solution--slow way down take the texts on both sides of the issue and put them together on the table--grant that each text is from God and is inspired.
My observation--For sure those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks.

Now--I am not the smartest person in the world--it took untold thousands of conversations like these and many years . I can win the battles--I used to do as you do---when it does not fit my view of things--throw rocks--a lot of rocks--but I was winning the battles but not making any progress.

And, I kept all the discussions and when I took the time to go back over all of those discussions on a subject--I began to see the pattern I gave above.

So at this point you should understand some things--I have only one tool to use and that is the texts.

The major reason I am on this journey is that "learning" to study the scriptures by covenants and not by Testaments--All of us can draw closer to God.

The scriptures I am using--are they not inspired? Of what profit to anyone is it then to attempt to overwhelm one with verbage when those texts disagree with your closed system of texts?

Now, I am doing this because you insisted that I speak my mind here so I am.

What the scriptures do here on this subject is to assault your long held beliefs that everything in life is to be your way.

What you do with the information--I cannot control nor do I wish to- you have to make the examination--you have to do the studies--you have to prove the texts are in error--

And, one other thing---your degrading of older people is foolishness--you do not know what wars they fought nor how well they fought and you don't even know whether or not they won all the wars--yet you judge them by your standards.. Really..

I will address the rest of this--briefly later.

Richard 79408

Veteran, greetings in Christ from sunny Texas
you use
Jer 31:31-40
snipped since it can be read in your post.

My observation-- I take it you are having difficulty in accepting or believing the fact that this passage was fulfilled on Pentecost.

Funny thing about that--as a kid I was bounced around a lot of churches--even as I got older--most folks I guess in the mainline group of folks would say that this took place on Pentecost.
Scriptural teaching on this event is not limited to just Jeremiah--Here is what Peter full of the holy Spirit stated as truth on this..awfull hard to get around..
Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Act 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

This message went first to the Jews--Then the Samaritans in Acts 8 and finally to the Gentiles in Acts 10 and 11.
In john 3--a Jewish leader had a most difficult time in understanding what Jesus was saying--but after the cross--many Jews finally saw how it all tied together.
On Pentecost about 3,000 Jews were added to the New Covenant later about 5,000 more. They could see and understand what you have problems in seeing--They were living when the new began and many chose to change over by obeying the gospel and marrying Christ.
What makes this more forceful is averse in acts 6 ---Act 6:7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
A great company of the Priests understood the message and made the decision to change --and, they did.
I can understand why you have a hard time with Jer and other passages--you want a "future" reunification that is just not found in scripture but it is taught by men.
But eventually I hope that you can see that the reason why so many of those Jews at that time rejected Christ--and the teachings of Christ by the Apostles--is that they had decided on what they wanted from God wasn't what they were getting--and being human, they wanted what they wanted--and, thus rejected the message of the new covenant.

My observation on your statement below is this. The treasure of your heart is showing--

That's what happens with a public forum, it draws all kind of wierdos!

Note--When one cannot reasonably sanely and logically defend their faith--most generally folks end up doing what you have done, are doing and continue to do..
Richard79408

I just ran across this little tidbit in my studies--so I am sharing a small part of it with you. enjoy..

Mark 1:2 through 15:47 clearly shows that John, Jesus and their Jewish disciples preached only the Old Testament Mosaical "gospel" to only "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John --before the cross (MMLJBC).

Here is how the Holy Spirit defined the Old Testament Mosaical "gospel" in MMLJBC.

1. The long awaited Messiah had come to save Israel (Matt. 1:21; 3:1-17).

2. The long awaited New Covenant "kingdom" was "at hand" (Matt. 3:1-3).

3. Luke defines the other elements in the Old Testament Mosaical "gospel" that Christ preached to Israel in MMLJ -- before the cross.

"And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region
round about. 15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 16 And he came to Nazareth, where
he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for
to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book,
he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth" (Lk. 4:14-22).

Not once, in MMLJBC, did Jesus the Messiah or his chosen disciples in Israel ever preach (as biblical fact to be believed by alien sinners) the New Testament "gospel" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Cor.15:1-4).
In MMLJBC, Jesus preached only the Old Testament Mosaical "gospel" -- he never preached the New Testament "gospel" or he would have produced Christians and established the New Testament church before Acts 2.

Jesus fulfilled all theprophecies of the coming Jewish Messiah then..and that Included Jer.

richard79408

Mar 20, 2012
Greetings in Christ from sunny Texas,

This is another type-kind of marriages in the first century--again who had the governing oversight of marriages in the first century?

#3-COEMPEIOINMAUM-- This is also a fairly common marriage arrangement-- Marriage by sale.

A father has a daughter and he wants to have better relationships with another family. He will "sell" his daughter to the head of that family and the Father would in effect "buy a wife" for his son.

In this society and culture this was a common practice.

Families in those days were in effect their own” trade union” so it was not unusual to see this type of selling to cement these types and kinds of family relationships. So, once again, we notice that it is always the "woman" being sold--never the son in these marriages. Marriage for commercial profit was simply a good way to do business.
Richard79408

Greetings in Christ from sunny Texas,

Please note the fourth type and kind of marriages found in the first century. Again,one change that we can find is that the church is not involved in this type and kind of marriage. That is until the council of trent in the mid 1500's

#4-CONFARREATIO-- We are getting much closer to the type and kind of marriage ceremony we are more familiar with today. This is "Marriage by Nobility" These marriages were gala affairs to be sure. You had all of the excitement that we would have today in our weddings. Now we see the "exchange of vows" exchange of rings and generally a long complicated but fun affair. This marriage could have” legal paperwork" and once again, acceptable in the eyes of the Romans.
After some extensive conversations with some Jews of today--What they are adding to the Marriage lic is the conditions for the divorce if the need arises.
Point is none of these fall under the Mosaic Covenant and they never did.
Richard79408