Do we sow Peace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, what's the diff in dead works and live ones then?

Christ. Not the body of flesh prepared and crucified(purged from dead works);what is behind. Or the serpent on a pole. BUT resurrected LIFE and peace in the Son.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, what? Could you rephrase this more practically? Ty

You know that is a wide topic. James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

And it will end with countless points of view with no resolve. Of course I also have a view and probably not the same as you or another so it is an opinion. Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

“Void” there (IMO) is flesh. Through faith do we make void the law through flesh? No. We establish it(the Law)...through Spirit which we are to walk in and not the flesh. Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

2 Corinthians 10:6-8
[6] And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. [7] Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's. [8] For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
There is (supposedly; but I could certainly quote some current Civil "law" that says otherwise, huh; don't feed the homeless, etc. so what is law, what does the Law say about the matter?). No Law against those, true enough (lol), but these do imply works nonetheless, do they not?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
[6] And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled
You might reflect on some other trannys here,
2 Corinthians 10:6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, as soon as your obedience is complete.
as it seems yours has lost the sense of "we can do that, as soon as you have done this," wadr. The point being that all this revenging of disobedience that is getting bolder, and apparently a point here, is going to all disappear, or at least let's say your obedience must be fulfilled first, right. There are a few bad trannys in there, too, so trust the witnesses imo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is (supposedly; but I could certainly quote some current Civil "law" that says otherwise, huh; don't feed the homeless, etc. so what is law, what does the Law say about the matter?). No Law against those, true enough (lol), but these do imply works nonetheless, do they not?

Void of the Spirit of God, they are just more dead works. Void of power and going no where. Glorification of the flesh. But that is an opinion. Thank goodness it is not up to us to decide what is dead and what is not. Acts 5:38-39
[38] And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: [39] But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point being that all this revenging of disobedience that is getting bolder, and apparently a point here, is going to all disappear, or at least let's say your obedience must be fulfilled first, right.

Yes.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For others, certainly not. But for yourself--which is what i heard being dismissed earlier--imo it is, entirely, up to you?

I’m not sure what you are trying to draw out? Matthew 7:5
[5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Or something else?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I’m not sure what you are trying to draw out? Matthew 7:5
[5] Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Or something else?
Back a page or so ago I read something along the lines of "thank God I don't have to concern myself with my works anymore," and I hear it repeated a lot

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back a page or so ago I read something along the lines of "thank God I don't have to concern myself with my works anymore," and I hear it repeated a lot

James 2:26
[26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

For the body without the Spirit of God is dead. So also faith without the fruit of the Spirit (charity) is dead. (IMO)

Hebrews 9:14
[14] How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

To purge your conscience from dead works ...to serve the living God. “Serve”. Always focused on self and constantly mopping and whining of not being good enough (which I do enough of while looking at the outward man), is selfish and self-defeating. I don’t know what more you want me to say? The works (of God) I see in my life might not even be what you consider works. What I meant was to be freed from the constant picking at the outward man and what he does, to being freed to serve a living God.

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a fine opinion, but practically speaking how can I use it?

You can’t use it. God does. His work goes before Him. The glory set before Him. Is that not us? How can you love a Muslim when others say you shouldn’t because they may not believe as you believe. How can you not get offended when someone calls you a Muslim as degrading ? Do you believe you are just an exceptionally good person? Or is it the fruit of the Spirit? Notice...not fruit of the flesh but rather fruit of the Spirit and attributed to Him.

Personally, I can tell when it is a good work bc I don't really want to do it

Exactly. I really want to sit around and talk about all my failures in keeping the law. See...let’s go to church and spend all week working on me and perfecting my holiness but rituals and religious practices...we can take all day every day. At the end of the day, I mess up and tomorrow we can begin again. Let’s clean the outside of this cup again; buff it and polish it and make it shine. It is time consuming while the world hurts for the lack of love.

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make sure you don't just have an amulet, ok
The amazing name Lilith: meaning and etymology

not sure I follow. Amulet? Could you expand? Also the name Lilith...I read your link but still didn’t understand. Lilith I couldnt find but instead ‘dark creature’? As in Isaiah 34:14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.