Do you believe Spirit baptism replaces water baptism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I live in 2 places, (tho not at the same time)....

One is....
Netanya, Israel.

Its about a 40 minute drive, NORTH, of Tel Aviv.

Its on the Coast of the Mediterranean Sea.

Looks like this..
-
View attachment 36346
Hey Behold...that place in time, looks like it will fall into the sea, the sea I can see is eroding away at that land?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Looks beautiful there @Behold

I hope everyone who loves Jesus can come to Israel.
It will make your Faith explode.
You will be walking around somewhere....maybe near the Sea of Galilee, or in Jerusalem, and suddenly you'll realize..

"JESUS WAS HERE' !!! , """"maybe im walking, standing, right where Jesus walked, stood, preached, or did a miracle".

Every believer who comes to Israel, will want to come back.
There is something about this place..... God is very fond of it, and no matter if you are from France, Germany, Russia, USA, Ireland, China.........about the 2nd day, the 3rd day, you feel a unique attachment to the place...that just gets deeper the longer you stay.
Its starts to feel like home...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I understand that even as believers, including those who are mature, we may sometimes lack knowledge about how to act. Though we have a strong desire to please the Lord, we may not know how to fully enact our intentions. At times, we may even risk making mistakes rather than doing nothing at all. However, I believe that God understands our limitations and is still pleased with our motives and actions.
Correct-I am from South Africa-and here I see things in "black and white" and don't really understand the Lingo of those in the First World.
I sometimes have to make an effort not to communicate in umLimiLwesiZulu or Xhosa-but concur with you-our Father is pleased with our motives and actions.

Wish there were more Afrikaners and black brothers from Africa here-on this Forum.
Johann.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hey Behold...that place in time, looks like it will fall into the sea, the sea I can see is eroding away at that land?

Not at all.

Its just a cliff... and its reinforced... It'll last longer then Time :)

Its about 100 ft. down to the beach. There are elevators that take you down, or you can drive down.

On my beach, here is the Elevator. Its glass.... =fun.
-
-
1694365707681.png1694365707681.png

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope everyone who loves Jesus can come to Israel.
It will make your Faith explode.
You will be walking around somewhere....maybe near the Sea of Galilee, or in Jerusalem, and suddenly you'll realize..

"JESUS WAS HERE' !!! , """"maybe im walking, standing, right where Jesus walked, stood, preached, or did a miracle".

Every believer who comes to Israel, will want to come back.
There is something about this place..... God is very fond of it, and no matter if you are from France, Germany, Russia, USA, Ireland, China.........about the 2nd day, the 3rd day, you feel a unique attachment to the place...that just gets deeper the longer you stay.
Its starts to feel like home...
That is the only place on earth I desire to see or travel too. It would be the only place that would make it on my bucket list is the Holy Land.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not at all.

Its about 100 ft. down to the beach. There are elevators that take you down, or you can drive down.

-
-
View attachment 36347View attachment 36347
I hope you are right, those buildings look pretty close to the edge.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Holy Spirit indwells me, that’s as good as it gets for me!!

">Romans 8:11
Verse Concepts
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is the only place on earth I desire to see or travel too. It would be the only place that would make it on my bucket list is the Holy Land.

You'll love it.

Israel is very democratic......very free, very USA-ish, ... human rights matter in Israel.

You can stand or swim in the :

Mediteranean Sea
Red Sea
Dead sea
Sea Of Galilee

= The same day....
Takes a bit of Driving, but, you can do it.

The Red sea is where Moses crossed with the Jews.

The Sea of Galilee is where Jesus walked on the water.

The Dead Sea..... you can't sink. You will float on the top of the water, as if you are laying on a mattress.

• Love
Reactions: ChristisGod

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you are right, those buildings look pretty close to the edge.
”reinforced” means the cliff is man-made with reinforced concrete or something buried into it to hold it together. It looks natural on the outside but is more like a Dam on the inside. Any Storm Damage would just be repaired. (I’m a Registered Architect that works in Commercial Civil Engineering in Florida … we get LOTS of storms and beaches and use small versions along our coasts.)

They probably replenish the beaches to protect the cliff as well.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Come and see.

You'll love it.
I would Love to visit where Jesus once walked!!....I must settle for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit......I’m happy with that.

You not only have the indwelling Holy Spirit...you live and walk where Jesus once lived and walked...how “ Awesome “ is that!.....so very,very, Blessed!!...

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would Love to visit where Jesus once walked!!....I must settle for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit......I’m happy with that.

You not only have the indwelling Holy Spirit...you live and walk where Jesus once lived and walked...how “ Awesome “ is that!.
Depending on how LITERAL Revelation is, we all may. ;)
In any event, you WILL walk where Jesus walks … it is just a matter of time.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not at all.

-
-
View attachment 36347View attachment 36347
I’m glad it’s reinforced and protected!!....that lift looks awesome.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Depending on how LITERAL Revelation is, we all may. ;)
In any event, you WILL walk where Jesus walks … it is just a matter of time.
Well, I’m not “ literally “ walking where Jesus walked..when he was alive...but, the Holy Spirit indwells me, so walks with me in that sense.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off there is no water cult, it is what the Bible and history teaches.

When John the Baptist was baptizing for the remission of sins, it was not the water that washed away sins, it was the event. Christ understood what it meant.

Christian baptism is where the concept of a born again Christian comes from. Baptism does not forgive sins it gives the believer a new beginning. Sin is a double edged sword, not only is it a transgression against the will of God but the person knows the nasty things they did....as long as they exist Satan can come back and accuse you of them…..

So it is also a matter of reconciling that within themselves. They can get forgiveness from Christ but they still did it. Baptism provides a new start ....and new person....the sins are gone because the person is gone. A new person in Christ.

Part of the confusion is Acts 2:38 itself.....Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit ....Some take this to mean that Baptism forgives sins but actually it is the whole process. But still the words say it. It is just the way it is worded….it is Christ that provides the power behind the physical act of baptism. John the Baptist baptized for the remission of sins and the Jews came to Christ asking where did John the Baptist get that authority….it was not John, it was God.

The person that come out of that water is a new person in Christ. The person that went down dies in Christ and the person that comes up has a clean slate.

Romans 6:3-4 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

It is not really forgiveness of sins as far as Christ is concerned that person and their sins never happened. From that point on our sins are between us and Christ.
Obedience

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does testing ones faith have to do with the topic.

water baptism either saves a soul or it does not and is obeying one of Gods many commands.

it can;t be both ways
1st Peter3:21

21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Acts 22:16

16And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.