Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

..trust me.
Is Peter indicating "water baptism" in Acts 2:38?

To God Be The Glory

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word trinity is not in the Bible at all.
That's a moronic argument.
The word "Bible" is not in the Bible. Does that nullify the Bible?

I can't imagine building a Godhead doctrine on that.
You can post a thousand verses, none explaining a trinity.

You need to poast extra Biblical commentary to explain trinity.
WRONG
Scripture clearly illustrates the Trinity . . .

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word WAS God.

This shows us TWO things:
a) The Word (the distinct Person of the Son) was WITH God the Father.
b) The Word (the distinct Person of the Son) WAS God along WITH the Father.

We know that the “Word” is the Son, because John goes on I the next 17 verses to describe WHO the Word is. He also refers to Him as “the Light” (v. 4-9) and states the He became FLESH and is the Son of the Father (v. 14).

God says:
Rev. 1:8

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Jesus Christ says:
Rev. 22:13

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

The Father is God
Eph. 4:6, Psalm 68:5, Mal. 2:10, 2 Cor. 1:3-4, John 3:16, John 8:41, 1 Thess. 3:13

The Son is God
Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6, Matt. 4:7, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 14:9, John 20:28, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Titus 2:13

The Holy Spirit is God
John 14:16-18, Luke 12:10, 2 Cor. 3:17, 2 Cor. 13:5, John 14:23, Acts 5:3-4

John 14:16,26; 15:26; 16:7
– the Father and the Son send the Counselor, the Holy Spirit – Isaiah 9:6 – the Counselor is Mighty God.

YOU LOSE . . .

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
In 1 PETER he indicates water baptism. Acts 8 with the Eunuch is water baptism. Jesus was baptized in water. Should we not walk in His steps?

If not water baptism in Acts 2:38 then, in your opinion, what kind of baptism was it?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.

Jesus' reference to Abraham having "rejoiced" (past tense) to see "My day" (then present tense, now past tense) was then confirmed by what Paul stated regarding the timing of the coming or return of Christ, saying, "But each one in his own order"-- meaning that while all in Christ see Him at his coming, unlike the unfolding of history and the lives and times of "each in his own order", the event of Christ's coming or return is stated by Christ as a one time event, which He called "My day" referring to that present time (now past).

Granted, the reality of the timeless and eternal things of God do not easily translate well into the terms that men who are accustom to all things existing on a timeline, are likely to understand--even when we know that God Himself does not exist in such a way, but "is the same yesterday, today, and forever", meaning always. But does that mean that we should view the things of God by the terms of men regardless rather than the terms of God? Certainly not, and this (God's terms) is the perspective by which I have been speaking.

The point is, all who come under the salvation of Jesus Christ, which is the only salvation made available to mankind from the beginning of the world unto the end...are begotten of God (born again of the spirit of God) by and "in" the "only begotten Son" Jesus Christ (as His body) in His day whether past, present, or future tense according to men. Scripture breaks all who are "in Christ" down into two groups, "the dead in Christ" meaning before the day of Christ and salvation had come, and "the living in Christ" meaning those born again of the spirit of God, after He has come.

This is what is meant by "worship in spirit and truth”; that is, by God's terms rather than those of men and of this world.
Too much explaining.

Abraham met Jesus, according to Jesus.

How, Melchisedek?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
Yes.

It definitely doesn't say this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you BY THE HOLY GHOST in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That looks silly.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a moronic argument.
The word "Bible" is not in the Bible. Does that nullify the Bible?

WRONG
Scripture clearly illustrates the Trinity . . .

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word WAS God.

This shows us TWO things:
a) The Word (the distinct Person of the Son) was WITH God the Father.
b) The Word (the distinct Person of the Son) WAS God along WITH the Father.

We know that the “Word” is the Son, because John goes on I the next 17 verses to describe WHO the Word is. He also refers to Him as “the Light” (v. 4-9) and states the He became FLESH and is the Son of the Father (v. 14).

God says:
Rev. 1:8

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Jesus Christ says:
Rev. 22:13

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

The Father is God
Eph. 4:6, Psalm 68:5, Mal. 2:10, 2 Cor. 1:3-4, John 3:16, John 8:41, 1 Thess. 3:13

The Son is God
Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6, Matt. 4:7, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 14:9, John 20:28, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Titus 2:13

The Holy Spirit is God
John 14:16-18, Luke 12:10, 2 Cor. 3:17, 2 Cor. 13:5, John 14:23, Acts 5:3-4

John 14:16,26; 15:26; 16:7
– the Father and the Son send the Counselor, the Holy Spirit – Isaiah 9:6 – the Counselor is Mighty God.

YOU LOSE . . .
None of those verses explain 3 persons in a trinitarian Godhead...not one.

You lose.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too much explaining.

Abraham met Jesus, according to Jesus.

How, Melchisedek?

How will you transition from the thinking of men and this world without receiving explanation? Do you not know that we are to be led unto all truth during these times?

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches."​

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will you transition from the thinking of men and this world without receiving explanation? Do you not know that we are to be led unto all truth during these times?

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches."​
We gotta make the call, ump.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

It definitely doesn't say this....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you BY THE HOLY GHOST in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That looks silly.
Acts 2:38 might seem silly to you BECAUSE you are unlearned in the spiritual things of God. In fact, the word "baptism" means to "wash." And, you can wash yourself with water all day long and it will NEVER bring you closer to salvation!!!

The "Baptism" that God describes that washes away sins is circumscribe in Titus 3:5!!!

To God Be The Glory.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1 PETER he indicates water baptism.
In 1 Peter 3:20-21, God there is saying "eight souls, were saved by water that is the water of the flood "in like manner" saved them, And NOT "water baptism!"
Acts 8 with the Eunuch is water baptism. Jesus was baptized in water. Should we not walk in His steps?
Note* that the eunuchs in Acts 8:36 said: See, here is water, what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37) And Philip said: if thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
If not water baptism in Acts 2:38 then, in your opinion, what kind of baptism was it?
THE KIND THAT SAVES!!! (TITUS 3:5).Water does NOT save per say! It is used as an element only in baptism or can only wash away the filth in our body.

It is the kind of baptism ONLY God can perform by the washing of regeneration.

To God Be The Glory

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 might seem silly to you BECAUSE you are unlearned in the spiritual things of God. In fact, the word "baptism" means to "wash." And, you can wash yourself with water all day long and it will NEVER bring you closer to salvation!!!

The "Baptism" that God describes that washes away sins is circumscribe in Titus 3:5!!!

To God Be The Glory.
What you fail to realize is that you wash in the name of Jesus. You think baptism in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins is taking a water bath. Come on man.
Learn what the name of Jesus is all about.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you fail to realize is that you wash in the name of Jesus. You think baptism in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins is taking a water bath. Come on man.
Learn what the name of Jesus is all about.
Tell me. In whose name do you pray after giving thanks? Sorry, but I do NOT pray and give thanks to the Lord Jesus, before or after taking a bath! Except when I ask for safety.

You said, "Learn what the name of Jesus is all about."

YOU, who lack spiritual things dare tell me that?

To God Be The Glory

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me. In whose name do you pray after giving thanks? Sorry, but I do NOT pray and give thanks to the Lord Jesus, before or after taking a bath! Except when I ask for safety.

You said, "Learn what the name of Jesus is all about."

YOU, who lack spiritual things dare tell me that?

To God Be The Glory
Jesus name

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those verses explain 3 persons in a trinitarian Godhead...not one.

You lose.
Another pathetic denial with ZERO evidence to the contrary.

Come back whsn you've done your homework . . .

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
I think all babies that die to to Heaven, although I don't know that I can back that belief with scripture.

Might be argued that it would be better for all people if they all died as babies so that they would all go to Heaven rather than growing into adulthood and risking being condemned to Hell?
I believe that no baby that has died goes to heaven. Because without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6). Babies who have died had no faith.

However, I also do not believe that babies will be tortured in hell forever. I am a conditionalist, that is, I believe hell is the non-existence. So the babies will not be tortured but simply cease to exist.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that no baby that has died goes to heaven. Because without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6). Babies who have died had no faith.

However, I also do not believe that babies will be tortured in hell forever. I am a conditionalist, that is, I believe hell is the non-existence. So the babies will not be tortured but simply cease to exist.
That would be very sad news for any parent that lost a child.
But better news than to think they would be tortured for all eternity.
What sort of God would do either one of those options?

And frankly, is our salvation secured by "pleasing God" with our faith?
If that's true, we're probably all toast. - LOL

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
That would be very sad news for any parent that lost a child.
But better news than to think they would be tortured for all eternity.
What sort of God would do either one of those options?

And frankly, is our salvation secured by "pleasing God" with our faith?
If that's true, we're probably all toast. - LOL
God cruelly killed many babies in the Old Testament. If babies were sinless, God would not kill them. Babies have sin and therefore they must believe in order to go to heaven, but since babies cannot believe, they will not get there.

Only those who believe can go to heaven. This is the teaching of the Bible.