Do you believe that Jesus doing everything he had done?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm the one who believes if your faith is ground in nothing but the finished work of Christ for your salvation, all these other things will be added unto you.

Not just food and clothing, but love for your neighbor, the incentive to do what is right in the eyes of God, the total package of what God wants from man!
Like the song says Jesus paid it all, all to him I owe

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not "bring arguments".
But rather, Its the inability of a religious person to rightly divide the word of God, that causes the STRIFE.

or,

its a badly instructed believer, who has been fed "doctrines of devils" and has become their theology, that causes the STRIFE.

"Strife" is devil led confusion regarding bible verses or bible doctrine.

Now, to answer your question...
Its very simple, once you see it.... Charlie24.
Let me show it to you , the answer, from Acts 10....
First, you recall that Peter, in Acts 2, led 3000 into the body of Christ.
He spoke with the Gift of Tongues, to Jews, during Pentecost, as "jews require a sign", and "tongues are FOR a SIGN.."
1 Corinthians 1:22.......1 Corinthians 14:22
So, Peter has the apostolic Jewish "SIGN(s) of an Jewish Apostle"....
2 Corinthians 12:12
However, what He didn't have until Acts 15, was the revelation of Paul's ""Gospel of the Grace of God."""
Peter began to understand it, somewhat, 10 yrs after the Crucifixion, when God gave Peter a vision, in Acts 10, and explained to Peter that GENTILES could be saved.......as Peter had no idea even as late as Acts 10, which is about a Decade after Christ has ascended back into Heaven.
So, Peter was preaching the " water baptism of John", as that is what religious Jews preached in the OLD TESTAMENT.
Its all he KNEW to preach being an Old Testament JEW.

Now, i just showed you, that the same Apostle who led 3000 to Christ, didn't know during Pentecost, or even nearly 10 yrs later, that GENTILES could be saved.

So, what Peter didn't KNOW, .. He can't Preach or Teach.
Understand?

So, here is a key to understanding some verses ....
Its this......"not all the Apostles had the same KNOWLEDGE or REVELATION at the SAME TIME".

So, when an apostle does not PREACH = Paul's Gospel, of "faith is counted as righteousness", and "Justification by faith, without WORKs".. and '"Abraham is the father of our FAITH".......then that apostle has Peter's issue, that Peter had in Act's 10.
He does not know all the revelation yet., regarding PAUL's GOSPEL being THE Gospel.

And this is why the Apostles met in Acts 15.
It was a meeting that allowed them all to "catch up" and get Paul's Revelation.

Reader,

There are no contradictions in the Bible.
What you find is that the bible is a historical document of the TIME its talking about, and regarding each Apostle, at that TIME, is talking about them, and showing you what they KNEW at that time.
What they dont KNOW yet, they can't preach or teach, yet.

The Bible is completely HONEST...>IT does not try to create false similitude, when there isn't any.
This is why the Gospel's dont have the same STORY< exactly..... as its 4 people giving THEIR Eyewitness of Christ and His ministry.
Each has a few different observations, a few different points of view, as that is the BIBLE being HONEST, as 4 people watching the same eye-witnessed event will have the same BASIC Truth, but each will have a unique point of view, regarding their observation of the exact same EVENT.

The Bible is TRUE.
Trust it.

I think we all know the Scripture is true, Behold! I think we know the argument is between man and not of God.

We all know the arguments, that is what I was avoiding in order to place a thought rather than the usual argument.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep! Jesus paid the price for my sin! All I need do is receive the payment- nothing else. That is why Jesus said "tetelestai" For my sin debt was paid in full.

People do not go to hell because they are sinners, they go to hell, beause they rejected what jesus did on the cross for them- so then they must pay for their sins on their own.

Exactly ..... New Jerusalem is as big as it is for purpose ....there will be billions in New Jerusalem ....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's simply a matter of has Jesus Christ done enough by his death, burial and resurrection, for you (even the world), to believe and have faith in him, and be able to get to Heaven?

You mention James, yes Faith and Love are a given.

So for a person who believes on the Lord, loves God, and loves others.

Do you believe everything that Jesus hs done is good enough to get you into heaven?
JESUS did ALL that was required for my eternal salvation , redeemed by the Blood of the lamb .
Its in CHRIST alone that i believe i am saved . But woe unto those who deny HIM .
So my advice stands firm . BELIEVE YE IN HE WHOM GOD DID SEND . For no other name is gonna save .
He who believes is not condemned . But he who beleiveth not is condemned already
and as john writes , He makes GOD out to be a Liar for HE dont believe in the testimony that GOD gave of HIS SON .
ITS DIRE important we stand on the original gospel and be not moved away into another gospel which cannot save a soul,
but rather will condemn one to condemnation and perdition of ungodly men .
SO yes , I believe That What CHRIST did is SUFFICIENT for my salvation . TRUTH IS , ITS THE ONLY THING that
IS SUFFICIENT . Beleive in the ONE whom GOD did send , cause all else is vain and leadeth only unto the second death .

jd01

Mar 3, 2022
Halifax
www.saltandlight.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Simple. What was Jesus' simple teaching? "I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.” (John 6:47)

There is nothing else.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple. What was Jesus' simple teaching? "I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.” (John 6:47)

There is nothing else.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

Grace, Peace, And JOY, in serving The LORD Jesus Christ!