Do you believe that Jesus doing everything he had done?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you tell us? I believe that you promote some kind of Universalism. So let's hear it for Universalism.

This is not about me. It is a personal question for people to answer themselves.

However, I do believe Jesus Christ had done everything needed to not only cover the sins of all the whole world because of his death according to what Paul had wrote in the Bible, if anyone believes on the Lord Jesus Christ and lets him into their life, my hope is that their life will get better because of the new spiritual birth and they know it is because of Jesus Christ he makes them right with God and they can have peace with God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The will of the Father is that you believe on the One whom the Father sent.

John 6:40

""""For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day"""

The WILL of God is exactly the same as the WORK of God.

"The work of God is that you believe on Jesus, whom God Sent".

Okay, thank you for sharing that information.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However, I do believe Jesus Christ had done everything needed to not only cover the sins of all the whole world...
So just tell us this: Is everyone already saved or will everyone be eventually saved, regardless of whether they obey or disobey the Gospel?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So just tell us this: Is everyone already saved or will everyone be eventually saved, regardless of whether they obey or disobey the Gospel?

Saved in what way? To the kingdom of Heaven? No I don’t believe everyone is saved to the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem. According to John, in the Bible, he by it expressively states that unbelievers are going to be outside the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem.

Saved from death, Satan and his angels, the wrath of God, sin, I do believe Jesus did this on behalf of the world and everyone is like a blank slate. Either they have faith or they dont, so saved from all these things. I believe so, saved to the kingdom? No.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111 what about you what are your thoughts on the subject topic in the first post? You may disagree with my previous answer and that is okay. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved in what way? To the kingdom of Heaven? No I don’t believe everyone is saved to the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem. According to John, in the Bible, it expressively states that unbelievers are going to be outside the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem.

Saved from death, Satan and his angels, the wrath of God, sin, I do believe Jesus did this on behalf of the world and everyone is like a blank slate. Either they have faith or they dont, so saved from all these things. I believe so.
Then you bi-passed the forgiveness of Jesus and the Father. They have provided for the salvation of man, but man must be forgiven their sins. And that is a judgment process that only God has power and authority to authorize. The apostles were also given that authority as stated in the scriptures:

John 20:23

Matthew 6:14-15

But I think we've already had that discussion. So it looks like @Enoch111 has a point. It sounds like you're promoting universalism.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Saved from death, Satan and his angels, the wrath of God, sin, I do believe Jesus did this on behalf of the world and everyone is like a blank slate. Either they have faith or they dont, so saved from all these things. I believe so, saved to the kingdom? No.
This response indicates serious confusion about the meaning of salvation. Looks like you have to go back to square one.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you bi-passed the forgiveness of Jesus and the Father. They have provided for the salvation of man, but man must be forgiven their sins. And that is a judgment process that only God has power and authority to authorize. The apostles were also given that authority as stated in the scriptures:

John 20:23

Matthew 6:14-15

But I think we've already had that discussion. So it looks like @Enoch111 has a point. It sounds like you're promoting universalism.

Oh I don’t care what people think, Devin.

Most people don’t even have faith that Jesus Christ has had the victory over all things.

Jesus is the only way to God.

People who don’t won’t nothing to do with God won’t be in the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem however from what John (again from the Bible expresses), says unbelievers outside the kingdom.

Univeralism says all ways lead to heaven, doesn’t matter that is where you are going.

Hope that clears that up for you sir, and that you do understand.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This response indicates serious confusion about the meaning of salvation. Looks like you have to go back to square one.

Just like I told Devin most people don’t even have faith today that Jesus has returned and has had victory over all things.

It doesn’t matter what other people believe or think about that.

With Jesus having the victory… I would say the post I told you still stands true in my faith, and hope for God to get what he desires of having no perish.

Either way it goes people are free to believe how they are going to. No judgment here.

Universalism says all ways lead to heaven.
I believe Jesus is the only way to the Father; and to Heavenly Jerusalem.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think the statement that "Jesus had victory over all things" is a little unclear as to what you are implying with that.

And I think I already made my biblical references known in this thread.

Cool thank you for sharing what you were lead to share, Devin.

I posted what it means in post number 44.

Thank you again for taking time to come into this thread and post. If you have other things to share please go ahead as I don’t mind.

Have a good day sir.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Univeralism says all ways lead to heaven, doesn’t matter that is where you are going.

The Christian context of "universalism" is that everyone is already saved.
So, this religious ideology understands, 2 Corinthians 5:19......but they left out that this is an OFFER to be RECEIVED by FAITH.
So, they read a verse Paul wrote but omitted Paul's Gospel that is the method to receive 2 Corinthians 5:19
The universalist teaches ..."Jesus came, we are all forgiven".....
But God says...>"Jesus came, and if you want the Salvation i provided through my Son, you have to come to the CROSS by FAITH and BELIEVE".

When you do that, the Salvation that Jesus completed on the Cross 2000 Yrs ago, is applied to you by GOD, as "the Gift of Salvation" and "the Gift of Righteousness".

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved in what way? To the kingdom of Heaven? No I don’t believe everyone is saved to the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem. According to John, in the Bible, he by it expressively states that unbelievers are going to be outside the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem.

Just like I told Devin most people don’t even have faith today that Jesus has returned and has had victory over all things.

It doesn’t matter what other people believe or think about that.

With Jesus having the victory… I would say the post I told you still stands true in my faith, and hope for God to get what he desires of having no perish.

Either way it goes people are free to believe how they are going to. No judgment here.

Universalism says all ways lead to heaven.
I believe Jesus is the only way to the Father; and to Heavenly Jerusalem.
I don't want to butt in, and if Enoch111 wants to speak for himself, that would be great. But I too denote the idea of you perhaps believing in the salvation of Christ as being an event that has completely come and gone, as if it was a one time event without regard for those of the gentiles coming into it all "but each in his own order."

Am I understanding what you posted correctly?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to butt in, and if Enoch111 wants to speak for himself, that would be great. But I too denote the idea of you perhaps believing in the salvation of Christ as being an event that has completely come and gone, as if it was a one time event without regard for those of the gentiles coming into it all "but each in his own order."

Am I understanding what you posted correctly?

Everyone has a born again experience when they come to know and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe by faith Jesus has came and went and now on the throne with the Father and people are coming into the heavenly Jerusalem by faith, and it is never going to stop happening.

hope this a good enough answer.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Freedom people. That is what a life with God is about. Freedom to choose, think, for oneself, to have relationship with God by and through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

He has done so much almost to much to fathom. But God so loved the world he did send his son, people loved the darkness more than the light.

The choice becomes do you desire the darkness more than the light?

When it comes to the subject topic,

Yes, What Jesus had done was enough for all of the world! And God through Christ reconciled the world unto himself!

What a good God we do have.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone has a born again experience when they come to know and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe by faith Jesus has came and went and now on the throne with the Father and people are coming into the heavenly Jerusalem by faith, and it is never going to stop happening.

hope this a good enough answer.
It is. Thank you.

However, biblically...there is a beginning and an end--meaning born again salvation experiences do not go on forever. "Then comes the end."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is. Thank you.

However, biblically...there is a beginning and an end--meaning born again salvation experiences do not go on forever. "Then comes the end."

Did anyone say that?

Thank you for understanding.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did anyone say that?

Thank you for understanding.
Yes, time ends as a part of creation according to God's plan for salvation...Daniel's 70 weeks, the prophets, and Jesus, the apostles, and Paul definitely spoke of the end:

1 Corinthians 15:24
Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, time ends as a part of creation according to God's plan for salvation...Daniel's 70 weeks, the prophets, and Jesus, the apostles, and Paul definitely spoke of the end:

1 Corinthians 15:24
Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

Okay thank you for sharing ScottA.