Do you belong to "the [true] Church" (1 Tim 3:15)?, if so, how do you prove it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of those who are really a part of God's true church...

That the true church is not any singular denomination of man that can be identified with a name.

But that it is composed of all who place their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation; and are born again of the Spirit of the Lord.
Then this thread is not for you. It does not agree with the false premise that there is no one True Church. That you and others continue to admit that you are not in such, because you do not believe in such, speaks volumes. You ought to come out of that which isn't the one True Church, into that which is the one True Church as being demonstrated by this thread from the OP.

The one True Church, the bride of Christ, indeed has a very specific name, even given by Jesus.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then this thread is not for you. It does not agree with the false premise that there is no one True Church. That you and others continue to admit that you are not in such, because you do not believe in such, speaks volumes. You ought to come out of that which isn't the one True Church, into that which is the one True Church as being demonstrated by this thread from the OP.
I am saying that because I believe in Jesus Christ and am born again of His Holy Spirit, I am a part of His true church.

The only name given under heaven among men for that which is His true church is "the church"...the body of those who are born again of the Holy Spirit of God.

Reactions: Helen and mjrhealth

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems to me that there is a competition afoot.

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Game, set, match!
;)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone has been influenced by the doctrines of Seventh-Day Adventism but doesn't any longer set foot in a building designated as a church by the Seventh-Day Adventists, are they a part of the true church, in your opinion, @ReChoired?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Game, set, match!
;)
That is a primary verse used by cults to keep people within their number.

When in all reality it is talking about faith in Jesus Christ.

For someone can leave the building without leaving the flock.

They may become missionaries to somewhere else.

Or, perhaps the Lord wanted them to move from their geographical location.

If there is no meeting place for your particular cult where you have moved to, does that mean that you have necessarily left the cult? In that you no longer attend a meeting place of the cult?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, if you find that the doctrines of the cult were not sound according to scripture, and discontinued from believing them, then I would say that you are no longer of that cult, to the glory and praise of God.

Reactions: Helen and mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Though there be a million claimants,

... there is only one ("the"; definite article) "True Church", being "... the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth." (1 Timothy 3:15).

It is identified by scripture (Revelation 12).

It is called "the remnant" (Revelation 12:17), which is made known by the events in the earth (Acts 2:16-20), and of the heavens in Sun and Moon (Joel 2:28-32).

It is said to "keep the commandments of God" (Revelation 12:17, 14:12).

It keeps "the sabbath" (the 7th day) of the 4th commandment (Luke 23:54,56; Acts 1:2, 4:24, 13:14,27,42,44, 14:15-16, 15:21, 16:13, 17:2,24, 18:4; Hebrews 4:1-13; Revelation 1:10, 10:6, 14:7,12) in fulfillment of duty and prophecy (Isaiah 56:1-8; Acts 15:16-18; Amos 9:11-12).

It is said to have "the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Revelation 12:17), which is "the spirit of prophecy" (Revelation 19:10).

It is said to have "the faith of Jesus Christ" (Revelation 14:12).

It is visible (Colossians 1:16; 1 Corinthians 11:9; Ephesians 2:10).

It is knowable (2 Corinthians 3:2).

It is structural specific (Acts 15:22-23).

It is gift specific (Psalms 68:18; 1 Corinthians 12-14; Ephesians 4:8-16; Hebrews 5:1).

It is doctrinal specific (Acts 2:42), and such example is that it believes that king David is dead, buried, and not in Heaven, but sleeps in the grave (Acts 2:29,34, 13:36), and not nebulous, warning of false doctrine (2 Peter 2:1; Revelation 2:15), and false practices (Revelation 2:6).

It is "one faith" (Ephesians 4:5), not 'many' (Matthew 7:13b).

It is "one fold" (John 10:16; Isaiah 56:8) to which persons are "called" into (Galatians 1:6; 1 Peter 2:9), not 'many', to which persons are called "out" of (Revelation 18:4).

It is present to this very day, as Jesus has said, "... my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matthew 16:18)

It "follows the Lamb withersoever he goeth" (Revelation 14:4), for his "way ... is in the sanctuary" (Psalms 77:13; Hebrews; Revelation).
Why do you insist on telling me, really I agree with you. I just made the statement you will not convince the religious, no matter how much "scripture" you throw at them they will throw it right back at you,. You are beating a dead horse.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of what cults may do, this is what John said of those who leave the community of the apostles...
It is what John said of those who leave faith in Jesus Christ.

Paul himself left the community of the apostles on not a few occasions; but he was an apostle himself.

They sent him out to bring the gospel where it had never before been preached. He went into geographical areas where the gospel was basically unknown; away from the community of those who met on a regular basis to congregate around the word.

And I do believe that you are a catholic; but I also classify Catholicism as being cult-like in that it teaches that only those who are in the fold of Catholicism have salvation. In some places it teaches that; in others it teaches the opposite.

It follows that those who are wrapped up in the cult will believe that if they leave it they are outside of the realm of God's favour.

But it is not any specific denomination (including Catholicism) that holds a monopoly on the truth and/or salvation for those who remain within its fold; but the Bible teaches us that faith in Jesus Christ is all that is needed for salvation (for example, John 6:47).

Therefore, 1 John 2:19 is not speaking of those who leave the fold of Catholicism; and neither is it speaking of those who leave a particular church to go to another; but it is speaking of those who leave the fold of Christianity itself: in order for the verse to apply, you would have to stop believing in Jesus Christ.

In the days of John the majority of the time that someone left faith in Jesus they also left off from fellowship with the believers in Christ in their area. And therefore it is true that if they went out from them it is very likely that they were not of them; however there are exceptions to this rule; which I have mentioned above.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When in all reality it is talking about faith in Jesus Christ.

For someone can leave the building without leaving the flock.

They may become missionaries to somewhere else.

Or, perhaps the Lord wanted them to move from their geographical location.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reformation, and the movement of people who left Catholicism, was based on Luther's 95 theses which he placed on the doorstep of the church at Rome.

These theses showed forth what were the abuses of the Catholic Church at that time in history; and they also reveal that departure from the Catholic Church was not departure from Christ's true church which consists of all those who believe in Jesus Christ.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ReChoired So are you or are you not an SDA, if so, the fact that you have not stated it. is deceitfulness, and we all know who the deceiver is, it is no wonder you have being upset with my posts, it seems conviction hurts when the truth is spoken.

Luk_16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

All mens religions are a part of the harlot Church, this bit,

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Why do so many make Jesus out to be like a man that He needs to have an affair with a Harlot. His bride is pure and spotless undefiled by mens religions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a confusion of two things. Apostasy (Cain, Korah, Dathan, Abiram, King Saul) does not negate the True Church from being the True Church. False members do not negate the True Church either (see Judas). The True Church is not identified by its apostates (which it will have until near the very end, when God shakes out the tares and brings the harvest to the whole wheat). Likewise the false church is not identified by the true members of Jesus Christ which are presently in it (Revelation 18:3). It (True Church) is identified by its unfaltering Truth (1 Timothy 3:15; Matthew 16:18), and so likewise the false Church/es by their Babylonian "wine" (Revelation 17). Do not confuse the True system (Church; Revelation 12) with the false systems (Churches; Revelation 17), for they are distinct, they are separate, as light is from darkness.

Your example of Cain, Korah, Dathan, Abiram, and Saul, are not examples of the Church. And, of those, only Cain could be an example of apostasy.

I'm not the one confusing the true Church with the apostate church found in (Revelation). You are.

At this time, the true Church of Jesus Christ only exists in all born-again Christians all over the world.

Much of your confusion comes in not recognizing the difference between the Church and Israel. You conflate the two, as I have already pointed out. (Rev. 12) is speaking to Israel. The nation Israel. The Jews. Believing Jews at that time...but Jews.

Stranger

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your example of Cain, Korah, Dathan, Abiram, and Saul, are not examples of the Church. ..

Stranger
You are in error and deceived:

Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Heb_12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,​

Act_7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

see also the so-called septuaginta (OT) uses of ecclesia also - Kata Biblon Wiki Lexicon - ἐκκλησία - assembly (n.)

1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.​

That Woman in Revelation 12:1 is the OT "church", before Jesus was come in the likeness of sinful (fallen) flesh - http://sdamaranathachurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Revelation-12-–-The-Great-Controversy.pptx

Refuse this at your own peril. The deception upon you is most powerful, but it is self chosen.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye there is a lot of that around.
The one True Church is concerned with Truth:

Mat_22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Mar_12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
Mar_12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Luk_7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you or are you not an SDA, if so, the fact that you have not stated it. is deceitfulness
You are in error and deceived:

Joh_7:10 But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.

Luk 24:15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
Luk 24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

Joh_20:14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.

Joh_21:4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.

Mar_15:3 And the chief priests accused him of many things: but he answered nothing.​

You know not the pattern, nor the timing of when to speak (Ecclesiastes 3), nor to keep silence.

Ecc 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Ecc 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;​

Silence is sometimes 'golden', in the proper sphere. It is no admission of guilt of anything. It is not evil necessarily.

I have stated on numerous occasions that I am Seventh-day Adventist, when asked, and sometimes not when asked. It is not secret to those who bother to read my other responses. I was not always Seventh-day Adventist. I heeded the voice of the True Shepherd and came out of Babylon that Great Whore - Roman Catholicism, into the one True Church - the Seventh-day Adventist movement.