do you KNOW the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you truly hear His voice, then He will be speaking to you in the near future what it is that you are to prophesy.
Why did I claim to be a prophet, you are just like the religious, when you find those that wont agree you seek to destroy them, just like your other post. You know what Jesus said of such a thing

Mar_6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Its none of your business. If you would rather the bible than Him, you have no right to keep people from Him, youll just be digging your own grave.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word of the Lord is the means by which many shall in fact be saved.

1Pe 1:22, Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23, Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
1Pe 1:24, For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1Pe 1:25, But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

We are born again through the word of God, according to this passage.

But, you would point people away from the word of the Lord and would tell them to listen to voices in their head.

Isa 8:20, To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. You are being foolish for creating issues where there are none. I have never suggested, that works save anyone. Start again.
Than may i ask why God therefore will judge a man by His works. He cannot say you are saved by grace, than fail you for your works.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Than may i ask why God therefore will judge a man by His works. He cannot say you are saved by grace, than fail you for your works.
In the very context of the question posited on this thread, Jesus, in two different parables, described precisely the basis for judging between those who had been saved by grace, and those who were not saved. It is Jesus Himself to in the judgement expects that those who have received God's grace do works which are subsequently used as verifiaby evidence that they are saved. Notice the context.... First....
KJV Matthew 25:12
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Then the first parable concluded when Jesus said....

KJV Matthew 25:21
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

The servant, the one saved by grace, was received into the kingdom because he had done well. He had been doing stuff. And that stuff meet with God's approval. Things like
KJV James 1:27
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to do stuff... Like...To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Those are but two examples. There is a lot of other stuff one must do which can ask be summed up in the words, thou shalt love the Lord the God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, with all thy mind, and with all thy strength, and love thy neighbor as thyself.
No one can love anyone without doing stuff... Works.

Here's the second parable...

KJV Matthew 25:40
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

We are judged by what we do. Jesus says so.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having been regenerated and renewed in the Holy Ghost, we now have a new heart and have been made into new creatures in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). It is now our nature to do what is right and good.

It is no longer our nature to do what is evil; and also, all the evil that we have done has been washed in the blood (1 Corinthians 6:11).

Thus, the following statement holds true.

Jhn 5:28, Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Jhn 5:29, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Have we not all done evil (see Romans 3:23)? Therefore, all will be raised to the resurrection of damnation, correct?

How then will those who have done good be raised unto the resurrection of life?

Those who are redeemed, none of their evil will be counted against them (Romans 5:9).

Those who are not redeemed, none of their good will be counted on their behalf (Isaiah 57:12, 1 Corinthians 4:5); although they will be praised for it, it will not avail to get them into heaven.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is not God lets see

How many times must He say it.. will you too rather believe teh lie.
Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins. Yes, if you don't believe that I AM(YHWH), you will die in your sins."

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.(YHWH)"

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Romans 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ who is God over all forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But of the Son He says,
"YOUR THRONE O GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER

Hebrews 1:10
He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours

2 Peter 1:11
for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

Above Peter writes the exact same words in those 2 passages identifying Jesus as our Lord and Savior and our God and Savior !

1 John 5:20

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true even in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the GNT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the GNT but always to Jesus.

Revelation 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that liveth, was dead, but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Conclusion: So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

Refuting you with the truth is like taking candy away from an infant. Easy to do when one knows the truth and has the truth in his heart- the Holy Spirit of Truth !

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um...I think that Isaiah 44:6 and Isaiah 48:12 and Revelation 22:13 is referring to the Father.

Therefore, the First and the Last is the Father.

And yes, He was dead and is alive again for evermore.