do you KNOW the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the person is not worshiping God 24/7, it is a lie to ask them how their relationship is with the God that they worship 24/7.

Perhaps I was not clear enough.

Sorry, when does asking a question of a person if he does certain things like worshipping 'god" 24/7, a "lie" when it is up to the person, the question is being addressed to, to provide the answer to that question.

I doubt that many "Christians" are able to worship God 24/7 without failing or falling short in doing so.

It seems to me that you did not understand what I had written. The question was if he was worshiping "god", i.e. any god, 24/7.

In other words I was not being judgemental in my question as to who or what the person was worshipping 24/7. It was up to the person to clarify who or what, the person was worshipping and whether or not that worship was a 24/7 commitment on their part.

Irrespective of who or what the person is worshipping, or the intensity of the person's worship, the next possible question might be, "How does the "god" you are worshipping impacting your life right at this very moment?" Then it is possible to ask, "Is this impact on your, (i.e the person you hare having a conversation with), life, helping you, i.e. them, in all of your, i.e. their, personal problems?"

By asking these types of question, you are helping the penny to drop, and the person to realise that they need a very different type of help from the help they might be receiving from their "god." It is far better to draw the person into coming to this realisation through their on reasoning powers, rather than telling them that they need God, which they may resent as it will seem that you are acting superior to them and are a know all of what their needs are when you have not had a one on one conversation with the person and shared with them your experiences. My guess is that you are more likely to be talking at the person telling them what they need, rather than allowing God to draw them to himself and His loving embrace.

One may till the ground, another plant the seed, while another will water the seed and still another help to bring in the harvest from that seed.

Invalidating the person's responses to your probing questions is the fastest way to turn them off as they then will not want to become like you.

Shalom

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find that in seeking to reconcile all of the apparent contradictions, I have found greater insight into what the Bible really teaches.

You should try it.
Yes it doesnt fit so ill bend it, thats how religion came about, you planning on starting one... I would rather truth Jesus, Our life Our hope, Our salvation is in Him alone, that no book can give you.

Deu 4:28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.
Deu 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

But like many He is left to last.

You made you choice now you must live with it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One may till the ground, another plant the seed, while another will water the seed and still another help to bring in the harvest from that seed.

I am the kind to plant seeds...actually, I spread them over four types of ground like the sower in the parable.

I leave it to others to water the seeds and to bring in the harvest.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am the kind to plant seeds...actually, I spread them over four types of ground like the sower in the parable.

I leave it to others to water the seeds and to bring in the harvest.

Well, If I was your target for your particular seed that you are wanting to plant, then I probably would walk away from you because I would not necessarily want to have anything to do with you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it doesnt fit so ill bend it, thats how religion came about, you planning on starting one... I would rather truth Jesus, Our life Our hope, Our salvation is in Him alone, that no book can give you.

Deu 4:28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.
Deu 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

But like many He is left to last.

You made you choice now you must live with it.
I have tried hearing His voice and that doesn't work for me...I find that that type of seeking results in mental illness exacerbating itself to a greater degree in my life.

I find that the best way for me to hear from the Lord is to seek Him and His message to me in His word...after all, He created the Bible as an integrated message system composed of 66 books written by 40 different authors over a period of 2,000 years and over three different continents.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, If I was your target for your particular seed that you are wanting to plant, then I probably would walk away from you because I would not necessarily want to have anything to do with you.
That's fine with me...you don't have to like me in order for the word of the Lord to take root in your life.

Isa 55:10, For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11, So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is very simply a lie from the pit.
Really do you think you are right because you quote the bible, so does Mary Mog BOL and a whole bunch of others, are they than wrong, the quote the same bible. And pray tell me which words on the bible are Gods, the one the devil speaks, the one peter spoke that Jesus rebuked him for. Get the behind me satan, who is Lord Jesus or teh bible.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He created the Bible as an integrated
Would you like that again

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

You wont find Him in there, he waiting for you to talk to Him. Glad its not up to us to convince you of teh truth,

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You want to be judged by your works go right ahead, you have already set yourself a death sentence...

This what you want to be a part of

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

But this is what you are asking for.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

What was it He said. I set before you life and death , choose life....

Blind men following blind men, that pit is waiting.
You need to read a little more of the Bible you are so fond of using to uphold your ideas.
KJV Romans 2:5-11
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

You spoke of the sheep and the goats. Read Matthew 25 and tell us, what was the difference between those sheep and goats? How did God judge them?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's fine with me...you don't have to like me in order for the word of the Lord to take root in your life.

Isa 55:10, For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11, So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Oh, you love your three by two but do you know how to use it wisely or do you just wildly swing the three by two hoping to hit something with it while blindfolded by your stubborn egotism tendencies to get the reward of the treats.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, you love your three by two but do you know how to use it wisely or do you just wildly swing the three by two hoping to hit something with it while blindfolded by your stubborn egotism tendencies to get the reward of the treats.

2Co 9:6, But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Ecc 11:6, In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.

Luk 8:11, Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like that again

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

You wont find Him in there, he waiting for you to talk to Him. Glad its not up to us to convince you of teh truth,
I have come to Him;

I talk to Him every day; and I also have a personal relationship with Him.

The fact that I hold the Bible (the kjv) to be the inspired and inerrant word of God does not change that fact.

You seem to think that the latter thing excludes a man from being able to have a relationship with Christ.

I would tell you that not having it may indeed be the thing that excludes you from having a relationship with Christ.

For if you do not believe that He is the great I AM, you will die in your sins (John 8:24).

Therefore I say to you, that in rejecting this doctrine, you are refusing to come to Him as He is.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You seem to think that the latter thing excludes a man from being able to have a relationship with Christ.
You yourself said you wont listen to voices, so if you cannot hear, what is it you are listening too. And the the bible has never being a basis for any ones salvation, its just a tool that men use to beat people over the head, it was never Christs way.

''My Sheep hear My voice"".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You yourself said you wont listen to voices, so if you cannot hear, what is it you are listening too. And the the bible has never being a basis for any ones salvation, its just a tool that men use to beat people over the head, it was never Christs way.

''My Sheep hear My voice"".

The Bible testifies of Christ (John 5:39-40).

And you have still not answered this question:

How is it that you do not accept the testimony of everything in the scriptures which testify of Christ?

Do you assume that only some of the scriptures testify of Christ and you can toss out the rest?

I call this smorgasborg religion...a little bit of ham, a little bit of cheese...no vegetables, please.

You pick and choose what it is of Christianity that suits you and throw away the rest...

But that is hardening your heart to the things that you are tossing out.

You can quote the Bible but apparently there are parts of it that you do not hold to be authoritative...therefore there is no use talking with you; because whatever scripture I may bring up, you can just say in your heart that it doesn't testify of Christ and therefore it doesn't apply to you.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really do think your works will save you, such a blind foolish man. There are many whom because of their faith in Jesus and God,
Jesus and God ?

Jesus is God !

John 1:1, John 20:28
Titus 2:13
2 Peter 1:1
Hebrews 1:8-10
1 John 5:20

hope this helps !!!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible testifies of Christ (John 5:39-40).
And yet He says

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

how long will you ignore,

I dont need the bible, no man does, only Christ saves. You have left the first part out, all you are doing is defend a book, Christ is there for anyone who desires to persue after Him. You choose the bible before Him, your doing not His. And you wonder why no one listens to you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus and God ?

Jesus is God !

John 1:1, John 20:28
Titus 2:13
2 Peter 1:1
Hebrews 1:8-10
1 John 5:20

hope this helps !!!
Yes weve being down that path, I do know who Jesus is.

Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Would you call Jesus a liar.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is authoritative.

You may not listen to me; because you do not accept the Bible which is the authority behind my statements.

But those who hold that the Bible is inspired will indeed pay attention to what it teaches, even as I teach out of it.