Do You Pray And Sing In Tongues ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
It is amazing that a little georgia redneck came to Australia and found a church filled with the Spirit of God and all of a sudden started to praying in tongues....mercy...Some are just scared of what they don't understand...Since when has God changed? Since when did tongues and other gifts stop? At Pentacost? mercy people read the Word and see that is when they started...I was taught in the good ole Baptist church that tongues were of the devil....Mercy come visit me and see God at Work...Truthseeker...you live in Sydney right? I live on the Central Coast...Come visit me and then tell me I am speaking for mr darkness...I dare ya to arrange to spend one day with me in the presence of God in my outreach ministry....Come on...spend a day with me or I can arrange for you to spend a day right there in Sydney with a ministry that will blow your socks off...talk about God supporting this ministry with a 10 million dollar ministry yearly and only giving them change to work with..and they pray in tongues and are a Jewish...Who do you think supplies the things to do His work...you ...me...church...Mercy...I received 7 thousand last year to run on...I gave out 1.3 million dollars worth of things...do you think satan can do that...he can only imitate..he can't give tongues to God's children...he sure does like to make others think they are from him so as to stop you from finding the voice needed to do battle in the spirit world....satan loves to make people think that if they speak in tongues they are speaking for him...LOL...Read the Word of God...Find the TRUTH..ask God...He will show you the Truth....

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
It is amazing that a little georgia redneck came to Australia and found a church filled with the Spirit of God and all of a sudden started to praying in tongues....mercy...Some are just scared of what they don't understand...Since when has God changed? Since when did tongues and other gifts stop? At Pentacost? mercy people read the Word and see that is when they started...I was taught in the good ole Baptist church that tongues were of the devil....Mercy come visit me and see God at Work...Truthseeker...you live in Sydney right? I live on the Central Coast...Come visit me and then tell me I am speaking for mr darkness...I dare ya to arrange to spend one day with me in the presence of God in my outreach ministry....Come on...spend a day with me or I can arrange for you to spend a day right there in Sydney with a ministry that will blow your socks off...talk about God supporting this ministry with a 10 million dollar ministry yearly and only giving them change to work with..and they pray in tongues and are a Jewish...Who do you think supplies the things to do His work...you ...me...church...Mercy...I received 7 thousand last year to run on...I gave out 1.3 million dollars worth of things...do you think satan can do that...he can only imitate..he can't give tongues to God's children...he sure does like to make others think they are from him so as to stop you from finding the voice needed to do battle in the spirit world....satan loves to make people think that if they speak in tongues they are speaking for him...LOL...Read the Word of God...Find the TRUTH..ask God...He will show you the Truth....
Amen, Glory, and Praise the Lord !!!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scholasticism on the one hand denying tongues, fanaticism on the other holding to the 'spirit' over the Word. I prefer the middle way, yes there are spiritual gifts today but they are to go hand in hand with His Word.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
1 Corinthians 14:22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers;

Verse 28, "If there be no interpreter, let him keep silence."

So answer me, anyone, can someone interpret that mumble jumble babble and gibberish?

Verse 23, "unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?"

God bless.

To make a point that mumble jumble babble and gibberish as you call it is actually Ki-Swahili. So while you consider it to be gibberish there are others who understand it perfectly.

"Bwana asifiwe! Nimeokoka Mungu ni mwema jana leo kesho wokovu damu ya Yesu kwaheri."

Here is the interpretation of what was said.
Praise the Lord! I am saved and God is good yesterday, today and tomorrow, salvation is in the blood of Jesus, good bye.

Now the point just because you don't understand what someone is saying does not mean it is babble or gibberish, Paul said, 1 Let love be your highest goal! But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives—especially the ability to prophesy.2 For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious.3 But one who prophesies strengthens others, encourages them, and comforts them.4 A person who speaks in tongues is strengthened personally, but one who speaks a word of prophecy strengthens the entire church.
1 Cor 14:1-4 (NLT)
And later Paul said, 39 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and don’t forbid speaking in tongues.
1 Cor 14:39 (NLT)

Seems to me that since you have called a known earthly dialect gibberish you may want to ask Roho Mtakatifu (Holy Spirit) to help you reconsider your opinion concerning spiritual gift of tongues or you could just to sit down with biskuti maziwa mvulana (cookies and milk boy) and stay in the dark . Aka ukarimu kwa somo. :D

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, Glory, and Praise the Lord !!!
Holly, there's a little arrow you can click on to give a thumbs up on his post.Bottom right....
:)

Well, now the green arrow is not there bec it is replaced with my "1" up.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us take a close look at 1 Corinthians 14, in which the tongues problem is brought into focus. Over half of the verses in this chapter mention the words edify, understanding, learning, or teach. It is obvious that the Corinthian church was not using the gift as it was supposed to be used. Over and over Paul urged that tongues be used only to teach the barbarian, unbeliever, or unlearned. Apparently some were creating great confusion by speaking any foreign language they knew, even while others were talking, and also when no one present could understand the language they spoke.

you misunderstand the gift of tongues. let us try looking at it this way.
-prophesy is the supernatural utterance in a known tongue.
-divers kinds of tongues is the supernatural utterance in an unknown tongue.
-interpretation of tongues is the supernatural showing forth by the spirit the meaning of an utterance in other tongues. this is not a translation but an interpretation of tongues.

the Corinthian church was not using the gift as it was supposed to be used was right. they were speaking in tongues when there was no interpretation and without interpretation of tongues in use folks have no idea what is being said and as a result they will not be edified but confused for God is not the God of confusion(1 cor 14:33). speaking in tongues in a public or private setting we refer to mark 16:17-18. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. all these things can be done publically or privately. 1 cor 14:18-19 says I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that [by my voice] I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an [unknown] tongue. in this passage paul is explaining the diffence between tongues used as a devotional gift and tongues used in public ministry. tongues is not a preaching or teaching gift. this is not the purpose of tongues. for example if i were to speak in tongues from the pulpit instead of teaching or preaching from the pulpit it would not edify the congregation at all.it would edify me but not the hearers. therefore it is more profitable to teach the congregation then to speak in tongues to them. in other words paul is saying that the congregation would get more good out of 5 words in their own language then the 10,000 words spoken in tongues. as with every gift of the Spirit it works as the spirit wills. no one should try to operate in this gift in public unless they have the unction of the Holy Spirit. this is the mistake the corinthians were making and this is where many believers often make a mistake.

The burden of the entire chapter is that no one use the gift of tongues except to edify someone who could not be reached otherwise. Interpreting of tongues was also to be utilized only for instructing those who could not understand without a translation.

1Cor 14:
Verse 4, "edifieth the church."
Verse 5, "except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying."
Verse 6, "except I shall speak to you ... by knowledge."
Verse 7, "except they give a dis-tinction in the sounds ..."
Verse 8, "if the trumpet give an uncertain sound ..."
Verse 9, "except ye utter ... words easy to be understood."
Verse 11, "if I know not the meaning of the voice ..."
Verse 12, "seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church."
Verse 13, "pray that he may interpret."
Verse 14, "my understanding is unfruitful."
Verse 15, "Pray with the under- standing ..."
Verse 16, "seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest."
Verse 17, "the other is not edified."
Verse 19, "that I might teach others."
Verse 20, "be not children in understanding."
Verse 22, "tongues are for a sign ... to them that believe not."
Verse 23, "unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?"
Verse 26, "Let all things be done unto edifying."
Verse 27, "And let one interpret."
Verse 28, "If there be no interpreter, let him keep silence."
Verse 30, "Let the first hold his peace."
Verse 31, "that all may learn ..."
Verse 33, "For God is not the author of confusion."
Verse 34, "Let your women keep silence."
Verse 35, "if they will learn anything ..."
Verse 40, "Let all things be done decently and in order."

Those who read this chapter of 1cor 14 for the purpose of finding ecstatic utterance can locate a couple of verses which seem to gave them support. But when those verses are studied in the context of all the rest of the chapter, and with an actual foreign known language in mind, they all can be seen to harmonize. Paul's discourse here is built around his contention that "tongues are a sign ... to them that believe not." Verse 22.

i like you truthseeker. you actually seem to want to know the truth but you have a stubborn streak in you that says once i know something then that is the end of the discussion. when one speaks with tongues and interpretation of tongues the church is edified. when used in line with the word of God, speaking in tongues with the interpretation of tongues can convince any unbeliever present of the reality of the presence of God, and that often causes them to turn to God and be saved(1 cor 14:22).

Why would the Holy Spirit seek to enlighten or instruct someone in truth by going through all the process of a strange tongue and translation when the listener could understand plain English to begin with? If the gift of tongues is for edifying the unbeliever, how perverse it seems just to talk among believers in a garble of words whose meaning must depend on the absolute veracity of another believer, whose "interpretation" provides no objective test for accuracy.

here are 8 scriptural reasons for a person speaking in an unknown tongue.
1. evidence of being filled with the Spirit(act 2:1-4, 8:5-17, 9:3-18, 10:44-46, 19:1-7)
2. speaks mysteries to God(1 cor 14:2, 14)
3. magnifying God(acts 10:45-46)
4. Edifying ourself(1 cor 14:4, 18, jude 20)
5. praying in the Spirit(eph 6:18, 1 cor 14:2)
6. be filled with the Spirit(eph 5:18, 19-21)
7. allows our spirit to contact the Father of Spirits(heb 12:9, rom 8:26, 1 cor 14:14)
8. spiritual refreshing(is 28:11-12)

Be very careful folks! This unknown/gibberish tongues is not a true gift from God, but is Satans counterfeit tongues! Be very careful as when you speak in unknown tongues you are CURSING God and not knowing it.

I want to share with you a true story. There was a women involved in the gibberish tongue movement and she has since left and share in a book about an experience. She says; There was a person talking in unknown tongues, and another went to that person and addressed the spirit and said; "In Jesus name I ask you what have you got to say about Jesus"? Then the person who was talking in gibberish tongues started to CURSE God in english.

any gift God has bestowed upon man the devil can copy and twist to use for his own desires. the devil cannot created but only copy what God has already created.

God bless.

Not according to Scripture. There is the true and false, the true was used in KNOWN LANGUAGES to share the Gospel so people understood the message. The false is UNKNOWN LANGUAGES. Satan always counterfeits.

This raises the question, Why would the Holy Spirit seek to speak through a person in sounds that are meaningless to all who listen? If the gift of tongues is to edify, why would it not manifest itself in the language of those present, that all might be enlightened and thereby benefited?

Let me ask you please, what is the true purpose of the gift of tongues?

It is not their purpose to work a change in the person's life. They are, rather, the work of the Spirit through him for the instruction and salvation of others. Yet in the Pentecostal movement tongues is being grossly misused as a self-edification tool and others are even taught that they aren't born of the Holy Spirit unless they talk in gibberish tongues and some Pentecostal movements even have classes to teach others to talk in gibberish..and that's about as evil as you can get!

They provide power for witnessing..to lead others to Jesus and share the Gospel..it's not so a whole bunch of people can stand in a room and talk gibberish amongst themselves!

The true purpose of the gift of tongues - to edify and instruct unbelievers in their own language - is not being served by the gibberish of the modern "tongues" movement. Read 1Cor 14:22.

all this is already answered in the above mentioned response.

When Jesus sent His followers to the world with the commission of proclaiming the wonderful story of salvation, He marvelously equipped them to communicate that message through the gift of "understandable tongues." Those who heard them speak took note of them that they had been with Jesus. (See Acts 4:13.) It was needed in order to overcome the language barrier.

this was a sign, miracle, and wonder that are to follows all who preach the gospel as confirmation that all which is said is truth.

The Bible teaches that it is a gift, and must be received by faith. Paul's doctrine is "that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Galatians 3:14 It is by faith, not by feeling. In claiming the promise of forgiveness, we do not demand a sign from God that He has fulfilled His word, like Pentecostals do when they demand everyone speaks in gibberish tongues to prove they are saved and have the Holy Spirit. We know it is done because He said it would be. In the same way, we should claim the promise of the Spirit by faith, not requiring some special evidence from God that He kept His promise. By demanding signs and evidence people are doubting the Word of God.

Acts 2:9-11 records sixteen different language groups who were present as the Spirit-filled disciples stepped outside the house to start witnessing.

Here is a simple description of the true gift of tongues. It is not the uttering of some ecstatic language of heaven. The tongues were real languages that people could understand, and every person of every race was edified and enlightened by hearing the gospel preached in his OWN mother tongue and was led to JESUS as a result. It could be UNDERSTOOD!

On certain occasions it was needed in order to overcome the language barrier.

Subsequently, at Corinth, the gift began to be misused to such a degree that it was creating confusion in the church. Paul had to devote a full chapter of his first letter to the Corinthian church to correcting the problem.

Now let me ask you a question.. was there ever a single case in Bible where an Angel appeared to people and spoke in a tongue that they could not understand? Yes or No? OR were the Angels understood each and every time they appeared to people? Yes or No?

do you still need me to comment on this argument of angels after what i just said? if so i can explain this to you too.

God bless.

i hope this helps to explain things. now i ask for you to think on what i have said before you start to argue whether i am right or wrong. ask yourself if this could be possible. the word teaches all things are possible for God and also the word teaches i can do all things through Christ. in other words there is nothing that i cannot do.

God bless you all

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Regardless whether cessaitionist who have no biblical evidence to support their claims God has filled people with His Holy Spirit and it has manifested in tongues and other gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit. The reason why cessationist do not receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit is because they do not want them and according to your faith that is how the Holy Spirit will manifest through you. If you believe in speaking in tongues He will manifest that way, if you don't He wont! Plain and simple! The gifts of the Holy Spirit is for all the church today a few will accept it and some will operate in them and a small amount will operate correctly in them. But most of all we should be together because of Jesus Christ the Messiah is our reigining King and both cessationist and those that believe in the dunamis power of the Holy Spirit will reign with Christ in His return if we live a holy and sanctified life!

Reactions: goodshepard55

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
It is amazing that a little georgia redneck came to Australia and found a church filled with the Spirit of God and all of a sudden started to praying in tongues....mercy...Some are just scared of what they don't understand...Since when has God changed? Since when did tongues and other gifts stop? ...

Don't confuse the TRUE gift of TONGUES which was used to lead people to Jesus and was UNDERSTOOD language. The fake tongue is where nobody understands the person and nobody hears about Jesus and nobody is led to Jesus as a result. The GIFTS were given to lead people to Jesus, but the babble unknown tongues does NOTHING but curses God in an unknown language through evil spirits.

I support TONGUES, but only the TRUE TONGUES which is KNOWN LANGUAGES that lead people to Jesus in their OWN NATIVE TONGUE! It was a gift given to overcome the language barrier! But the current FALSE TONGUES are a counterfeit from Satan!

God bless.

i hope this helps to explain things. now i ask for you to think on what i have said before you start to argue whether i am right or wrong. ask yourself if this could be possible. the word teaches all things are possible for God and also the word teaches i can do all things through Christ. in other words there is nothing that i cannot do.

God bless you all

That post was in error and contained many biblical contradictions!

And notice in this video the similarities between them and the Charismatic movement.

God bless.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Don't confuse the TRUE gift of TONGUES which was used to lead people to Jesus and was UNDERSTOOD language. The fake tongue is where nobody understands the person and nobody hears about Jesus and nobody is led to Jesus as a result. The GIFTS were given to lead people to Jesus, but the babble unknown tongues does NOTHING but curses God in an unknown language through evil spirits.

Sure would like to see the scriptures that support this errant opinion.

1 Now, dear brothers and sisters, regarding your question about the special abilities the Spirit gives us. I don’t want you to misunderstand this.2 You know that when you were still pagans, you were led astray and swept along in worshiping speechless idols.3 So I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God will curse Jesus, and no one can say Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit.4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all.5 There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord.6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
1 Cor 12:1-7 (NLT)

Here Paul clearly states that the spiritual gifts were given to minister to one another in the body. He also clearly states that no one speaking by the Spirit can curse Jesus.

You might want to stop posting TS and spare yourself further embarrassment. You obviously know less about the spiritual gift of speaking in tongues than you know about Ki-Swahili. :lol:

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I support TONGUES, but only the TRUE TONGUES which is KNOWN LANGUAGES that lead people to Jesus in their OWN NATIVE TONGUE! It was a gift given to overcome the language barrier! But the current FALSE TONGUES are a counterfeit from Satan!

God bless.

That post was in error and contained many biblical contradictions!

And notice in this video the similarities between them and the Charismatic movement.

God bless.

yes please show me scriptural proof of your biblical contradictions and how unknown tongues are of the devil. whether you will ever believe or use tongues is not the question here. i know people that think unknown tongues are too wierd for them and told God that they want nothing to do with it but still follow Christ with everything within them. i have shown scripturally that tongues are a supernatural gift. both the unknown tongues that is referred to as the divine language and the understanding and speaking of foreign languages.

that video is interesting. it goes to show that the devil cannot create anything new but only copy what God has already created. the devil twists the good things of God to evil which is why we need the Holy Spirit especially in these end times in order to be able to discern what is of God and what is of the devil. what i find amazing is that anything the devil does God can do and better. the devil's power is nothing compared to God's power. another thing i find amazing is that there are so many people taken in by false teachings and cannot recognize the power of the Holy Spirit when he shows up. the reason i believe is that people are putting worldly things before God and instead of trying going hot after God we put God second in our life to worldly things and God will not bless those who refuse to put God first in their life. this is why most of the supernatural things of God happen so rarely these days. they were meant to follow and confirm the word as truth but somewhere we have given up on God and yet we want God to do things in our lives. read the word and you will see that every promise has a condition that needs to be met before it can become ours. even salvation has a condition(we need to believe that Jesus is Lord).

i pray for discernment in situations of confusion and truth.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Sure would like to see the scriptures that support this errant opinion.

1 Now, dear brothers and sisters, regarding your question about the special abilities the Spirit gives us. I don’t want you to misunderstand this.2 You know that when you were still pagans, you were led astray and swept along in worshiping speechless idols.3 So I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God will curse Jesus, and no one can say Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit.4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all.5 There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord.6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
1 Cor 12:1-7 (NLT)

Here Paul clearly states that the spiritual gifts were given to minister to one another in the body. He also clearly states that no one speaking by the Spirit can curse Jesus.

You might want to stop posting TS and spare yourself further embarrassment. You obviously know less about the spiritual gift of speaking in tongues than you know about Ki-Swahili. :lol:

Your post contains errors and you have taken those verses out of complete CONTEXT. There are Bible contradictions in your post and you have failed to understand 3 key points:

1. Every single occurrence of tongues in the Bible was KNOWN LANGUAGES! It was given to overcome the language barrier so people could share the Good News with people of different languages. There is not even a single event in the entire Bible where someone was speaking in tongues which nobody understood.

2. The Bible clearly says that tongues is NOT for believers, but for UNBELIEVERS! So a room full of Pentecostals or Charismatics who are BELIEVERS in Christ, speaking UNKNOWN tongues, that nobody can interpret, is not only unbiblical, but it's human fanaticism/emotionalism and a crime against God!

1 Corinthians 14:22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

3. NOT EVERYONE receives the same gift, NOT EVERYONE will receive the gift of tongues, So a room full of Pentecostals or Charismatics who are ALL speaking tongues is not only unbiblical, but is also human fanaticism/emotionalism and a crime against God, and a contradiction against the Bible.

Gifts provide power for witnessing..to lead others to Jesus and share the Gospel..it's not so a whole bunch of people can stand in a room and talk gibberish amongst themselves!

The true purpose of the gift of tongues - to edify and instruct unbelievers in their own language - is not being served by the gibberish of the modern "tongues" movement. Read 1Cor 14:22.

When Jesus sent His followers to the world with the commission of proclaiming the wonderful story of salvation, He marvelously equipped them to communicate that message through the gift of "understandable tongues." Those who heard them speak took note of them that they had been with Jesus. (See Acts 4:13.) It was needed in order to overcome the language barrier.

The Bible teaches that it is a gift, and must be received by faith. Paul's doctrine is "that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Galatians 3:14 It is by faith, not by feeling. In claiming the promise of forgiveness, we do not demand a sign from God that He has fulfilled His word, like Pentecostals do when they demand everyone speaks in gibberish tongues to prove they are saved and have the Holy Spirit. We know it is done because He said it would be. In the same way, we should claim the promise of the Spirit by faith, not requiring some special evidence from God that He kept His promise. By demanding signs and evidence people are doubting the Word of God.

Acts 2:9-11 records sixteen different language groups who were present as the Spirit-filled disciples stepped outside the house to start witnessing.

Here is a simple description of the true gift of tongues. It is not the uttering of some ecstatic language of heaven. The tongues were real languages that people could understand, and every person of every race was edified and enlightened by hearing the gospel preached in his OWN mother tongue and was led to JESUS as a result. It could be UNDERSTOOD!

jiggyfly, you really should consider learning Bible FIRST and stop making any further comments in regard to tongues. You have completely misunderstood the purpose of the gift of tongues, you also contradict 1Cor 14:22, and you really need to learn about this issue before you make any further comments as I really hate to see you damaging your credibility as you are doing.

God bless.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Your post contains errors and you have taken those verses out of complete CONTEXT. There are Bible contradictions in your post and you have failed to understand 3 key points:

1. Every single occurrence of tongues in the Bible was KNOWN LANGUAGES! It was given to overcome the language barrier so people could share the Good News with people of different languages. There is not even a single event in the entire Bible where someone was speaking in tongues which nobody understood.

2. The Bible clearly says that tongues is NOT for believers, but for UNBELIEVERS! So a room full of Pentecostals or Charismatics who are BELIEVERS in Christ, speaking UNKNOWN tongues, that nobody can interpret, is not only unbiblical, but it's human fanaticism/emotionalism and a crime against God!

1 Corinthians 14:22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

3. NOT EVERYONE receives the same gift, NOT EVERYONE will receive the gift of tongues, So a room full of Pentecostals or Charismatics who are ALL speaking tongues is not only unbiblical, but is also human fanaticism/emotionalism and a crime against God, and a contradiction against the Bible.

Gifts provide power for witnessing..to lead others to Jesus and share the Gospel..it's not so a whole bunch of people can stand in a room and talk gibberish amongst themselves!

jiggyfly, you really should consider learning Bible FIRST and stop making any further comments in regard to tongues. You have completely misunderstood the purpose of the gift of tongues, you also contradict 1Cor 14:22, and you really need to learn about this issue before you make any further comments as I really hate to see you damaging your credibility as you are doing.

God bless.

Your a hoot, a school boy that thinks he is a professor. As many others here at CB have already seen you contradict yourself and then deny it. Everyone will eventually have you on the ignore list and stop responding to your posts. I won't be responding to your ignorant babble any more either. :lol:

Reactions: goodshepard55

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Since I am a Spirit being, it only makes since that God would give me a Heavenly language...It is an honor and a priviledge to have.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
So what do people think about this video? Any feedback about it? Has anyone here experienced or witnessed these things happening in their own local fellowship?

God bless.

Since I am a Spirit being, it only makes since that God would give me a Heavenly language...It is an honor and a priviledge to have.

Can you show me a single case where Jesus or the Disciples or an Angel ever spoke in babble and gibberish and unknown tongues in the Bible? Can you show me even a single case? And remember the gift of tongues is for UNBELIEVERS, 1Cor 14:22, to hear about Jesus in their own native language so they can understand about Jesus and the Gospel.

So... can you show me a single case where Jesus or the Disciples or an Angel ever spoke in babble and gibberish and unknown tongues in the Bible that nobody understood to any unbeliever? Even a single time? Yes or No?

God bless.

Sure would like to see the scriptures that support this errant opinion....

It's in the entire Bible, read your Bible and you will see it, where tongues was used to overcome the language barrier and people heard them speaking in their language. Haven't you read the Bible?

BY the way, notice carefully, that every single time an Angel appeared to someone in the Bible, the Angel spoke words that could be UNDERSTOOD by everyone. You missed that part didn't you?

God bless.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have already posted my thoughts on your video. see post #151 if you are interested.

i like you truthseeker. you actually seem to want to know the truth but you have a stubborn streak in you that says once i know something then that is the end of the discussion.

-you misunderstand the gift of tongues. let us try looking at it this way.
-interpretation of tongues is the supernatural showing forth by the spirit the meaning of an utterance in other tongues. this is not a translation but an interpretation of tongues.

when one speaks with tongues and interpretation of tongues the church is edified. when used in line with the word of God, speaking in tongues with the interpretation of tongues can convince any unbeliever present of the reality of the presence of God, and that often causes them to turn to God and be saved(1 cor 14:22).

the Corinthian church was not using the gift as it was supposed to be used was right. they were speaking in tongues when there was no interpretation and without interpretation of tongues in use folks have no idea what is being said and as a result they will not be edified but confused for God is not the God of confusion(1 cor 14:33). speaking in tongues in a public or private setting we refer to mark 16:17-18. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. all these things can be done publically or privately. 1 cor 14:18-19 says I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that [by my voice] I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an [unknown] tongue. in this passage paul is explaining the diffence between tongues used as a devotional gift and tongues used in public ministry. tongues is not a preaching or teaching gift. this is not the purpose of tongues. for example if i were to speak in tongues from the pulpit instead of teaching or preaching from the pulpit it would not edify the congregation at all. it would edify me but not the hearers. therefore it is more profitable to teach the congregation then to speak in tongues to them. in other words paul is saying that the congregation would get more good out of 5 words in their own language then the 10,000 words spoken in tongues. as with every gift of the Spirit it works as the spirit wills. no one should try to operate in this gift in public unless they have the unction of the Holy Spirit. this is the mistake the corinthians were making and this is where many believers often make a mistake.

Why would the Holy Spirit seek to enlighten or instruct someone in truth by going through all the process of a strange tongue and translation when the listener could understand plain English to begin with? If the gift of tongues is for edifying the unbeliever, how perverse it seems just to talk among believers in a garble of words whose meaning must depend on the absolute veracity of another believer, whose "interpretation" provides no objective test for accuracy.

1. evidence of being filled with the Spirit(act 2:1-4, 8:5-17, 9:3-18, 10:44-46, 19:1-7)
7. allows our spirit to contact the Father of Spirits(heb 12:9, rom 8:26, 1 cor 14:14)

any gift God has bestowed upon man the devil can copy and twist to use for his own desires. the devil cannot created but only copy what God has already created. this is why we need the Holy Spirit to be able to discern good from evil.

i hope this helps to explain things. now i ask for you to think on what i have said before you start to argue whether i am right or wrong. ask yourself if this could be possible.

God bless you all

Reactions: Shirley

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
i have already posted my thoughts on your video. see post #151 if you are interested.

i like you truthseeker. you actually seem to want to know the truth but you have a stubborn streak in you that says once i know something then that is the end of the discussion.

-you misunderstand the gift of tongues. let us try looking at it this way.

when one speaks with tongues and interpretation of tongues the church is edified. when used in line with the word of God, speaking in tongues with the interpretation of tongues can convince any unbeliever present of the reality of the presence of God, and that often causes them to turn to God and be saved(1 cor 14:22).

the Corinthian church was not using the gift as it was supposed to be used was right. they were speaking in tongues when there was no interpretation and without interpretation of tongues in use folks have no idea what is being said and as a result they will not be edified but confused for God is not the God of confusion(1 cor 14:33). speaking in tongues in a public or private setting we refer to mark 16:17-18. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. all these things can be done publically or privately. 1 cor 14:18-19 says I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that [by my voice] I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an [unknown] tongue. in this passage paul is explaining the diffence between tongues used as a devotional gift and tongues used in public ministry. tongues is not a preaching or teaching gift. this is not the purpose of tongues. for example if i were to speak in tongues from the pulpit instead of teaching or preaching from the pulpit it would not edify the congregation at all. it would edify me but not the hearers. therefore it is more profitable to teach the congregation then to speak in tongues to them. in other words paul is saying that the congregation would get more good out of 5 words in their own language then the 10,000 words spoken in tongues. as with every gift of the Spirit it works as the spirit wills. no one should try to operate in this gift in public unless they have the unction of the Holy Spirit. this is the mistake the corinthians were making and this is where many believers often make a mistake.

any gift God has bestowed upon man the devil can copy and twist to use for his own desires. the devil cannot created but only copy what God has already created. this is why we need the Holy Spirit to be able to discern good from evil.

i hope this helps to explain things. now i ask for you to think on what i have said before you start to argue whether i am right or wrong. ask yourself if this could be possible.

God bless you all

I like you too 7Angels, and I will never personally attack you just because we differ in our beliefs regarding tongues.

By the way, NONE of those verses you listed supports unknown tongues, not a single one.

Can you show me anywhere in Bible where a human or Angel spoke to someone else in unknown tongue? A single case please? Verse or chapter?

And you are wrong about me, I sincerely am not stubborn and very open to change if I can grow to see it in Bible and if it's true. For example, I believed in eternal hellfire for 33 years, yet changed my mind about it once I learned the Bible properly. So that proves that I am not a stubborn person and that I believe something is the end of it just because I believe it. If I can see an error I believe in and it can be shown using Scripture, I am open to it. But when it comes to tongues, I cannot see my error as it seems clear to me that babble tongues is the counterfeit and fake.

And you said in post #151, "it goes to show that the devil cannot create anything new but only copy what God has already created.".... so I have a question for you seeing you acknowledge that Satan copies what God does....so tell me 7 Angels..what's the TRUE tongues and what's the Counterfeit, fake and Copy Tongues from the Devil?

God bless.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
This thread has become very redundant with the same points being made repeatedly and the same video posted numerous times. I am closing it down, if someone wishes to post some new material just give me a pm and I will reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.