Do you still sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
As previously pointed out; "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). That would seem to be all inclusive, everyone has sinned (save one). "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us" (1 John 1:10). If we weren't all sinners, salvation via Christ would be a moot point.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely agree with that notion. But I add that it only applies when you look at the flesh. God doesn't look at the flesh of a Christian. Neither should we as it pertains to salvation.

Do you believe it's possible to be sinless?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you believe it's possible to be sinless?
In short yes its possible. Why would Christ say go and sin NO MORE if it wetre not possible?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As previously pointed out; "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). That would seem to be all inclusive, everyone has sinned (save one).

Why 'save one'? Why not 'save two' or 'save three' or....

If you allow one exception to ALL when do you stop?

Last edited:

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Hope you are not trying to prove we ARE sinners.
If this is your attemp to prove we are sinners I would have to ask what is YOUR motive for this?
If you have seen the other threads where I asked anyone in the whole world to provide a SINGLE scripture where God call Christians sinners. Again I would have to ask who are YOU working for?

What part of what is not in the new covanant do we not get here?

No one is saying we dont sin. No one is saying we havent sinned.
But I am inclined to believe what God says about anything. If God says I am holy and I sinned fives minutes ago Then who is correct God who says I am holy. OR YOU who says I am a sinner?
In case you miss them there are three questions here for YOU to answer.
I am trying to undersatnd. To be honest li looks like self all over the Christian world. All because of poor mistaught souls.

Hi Sword,

I don't think being a sinner discounts one from being holy in Gods eyes.

We can be both because being 'holy' does not mean being 'perfect' it means being in the service of God.

Think about the temple in Isreal. All the utensils and things associated with the temple were deemed to be 'holy' because they were being used for sacred service to God.
Christians have vowed to serve God in a sacred service too. The life of a christian is one that follows in the footsteps of Jesus Christ who was himself dedicated to the sacred service of God. Jesus was on a holy commission to offer his life as a ransom in exchange for many. So if we likewise use our lives in the service of God, we can be 'holy' in his sight due to the fact that we are doing Gods will through our obedience and application of his requirements in our life....and obviously when we preach the good news of the kingdom as Jesus did.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man i knew Catholics held Mary to be a god too, but i did not realize it extended this far. Yikes.

that would be true, they have titles "Mother of God" and "Queen of Heaven" for her. Jesus says there's no gender in Heaven but they insists on "Queen of Heaven". Bible says God always was and that Jesus is the Word of God made flesh and that the Word was in the beginning. Mary wasn't in the beginning, and certainly wasn't always was, she was made just as any other man and born into sin and condemnation just as any other human, but Jesus states that He is from Heaven.

Mary severed by being a willing servant to the Lord's coming into the world just as sons of men do. the Lord visited Abraham in the flesh and ate with Abraham in the flesh on His way to examine Sodom and Gomorrah. the Lord has no need of the service of another to come into His creation in the flesh. but to come into the world as a Son of man, for the salvation of man according to the Father, its necessary to do so as sons of men do. and is a fulfillment of:

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

but mother of God? no way, they will tell you its a translation issue but that's a lie for sure. languages aren't that far apart and they are well aware of the meaning of such. you're not suppose to know the real meaning of words translated you're suppose to believe what they say about it. and I personally believe the Lord has a real issue with this unwarranted worship of Mary, a wonderful servant of the Lord our God, an undeniable servant of the Lord in the league of Moses or David if you like, but God has no mother and there's certainly no scripture that supports any thoughts of an imaginary queen of heaven of any sort.

a factory is the mother of the car you drive but man is the creator of the car and the factory the car was made in. just because man makes his presence inside the car doesn't make the factory the mother of man.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBCid

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary is the mother of Jesus
Jesus is God
Therefore Mary is the mother of God.

It's that simple.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Jesus say there is no gender in heaven?

Gal 3:26-28
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
NKJV

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see you going on the negative. But I see you never attempted to answer why did jesus say many times go and sin no more if it was impossable as you cliam. Even though Jesus said ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOG. But you say no. Am gonna believe for more. Is it possible to go one minute with out sin. Yes it is. 5 minutes yes. hour yes. day yes. three days yes. Why are you going for no?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where does Jesus say there is no gender in heaven?
Niether male nor female not marrying in heaven or married. This is why I have to ask if some of you ever read the bible.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Sword,

We can be both because being 'holy' does not mean being 'perfect' it means being in the service of God.

Think about the temple in Isreal. All the utensils and things associated with the temple were deemed to be 'holy' because they were being used for sacred service to God.
Christians have vowed to serve God in a sacred service too. The life of a christian is one that follows in the footsteps of Jesus Christ who was himself dedicated to the sacred service of God. Jesus was on a holy commission to offer his life as a ransom in exchange for many. So if we likewise use our lives in the service of God, we can be 'holy' in his sight due to the fact that we are doing Gods will through our obedience and application of his requirements in our life....and obviously when we preach the good news of the kingdom as Jesus did.

This is called reading out of context. We are not utensils. You dont ebven know what it is to walk like Jesus. You dont do it but you come here talking about it as if you do walk like Him. I am really sorry if this sounds offencive. But enoughs enough back it up. I never saw you in here sharing what God did today ,this week , this month, or even this year or last years. Jesus had testimnoys ever day. If you were walking like Him you would have them and share themat least now and again. Stop trying to teach what you dont know anything about.

You dont think being holy is what ever.

God said were holy full stop and nothimng else. God never calls us sinners as I have been asking for scriptures that NO ONE CAME BACK WITH .
Because there are none. They all tried and completly failed. from misunderstanding.

Be were born into Adam there for we sin. We are NOW Born again into Christ. There for we are holy full stop and nothing to add. so DONT.
What is useing our lives what does that mean to you. I will bet right now it looks NOTHING like what YOU are called to. But surprise me please.
What is your calling and what does it look like. And what did Jesus do. Please show the similarities of what he did and you do?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was flesh and blood. Jesus was incarnated in a flesh and blood body. It was necessary to do it through a flesh and blood body.

God is a Spirit and not subject to His curse given to mankind through Adam and Eve. Jesus Christ was both flesh and blood and Spirit. Since Jesus' flesh and blood body was not sinful He was the Lamb that was perfect and His shed blood atoned for ALL the sins of the world.

Mary's body was not sinless and she died and saw corruption. Jesus' body did not see corruption and was changed to a glorified body by God when God raised Him from the tomb..

I see that sword is here tooting his on horn about how great he is over the rest of us.

Reactions: KBCid and bbyrd009

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary is the mother of Jesus
Jesus is God
Therefore Mary is the mother of God.

It's that simple.
You obviously dont know jesus only had 23 cromazones. They came from Mary. What about the other 23? He was fully God and fully man. I am guesing you never new this and probably 99% of people in here never seen this either. But because of the huge unbelief in here dont go looking for it. You wont believe it.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Gal 3:26-28
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
NKJV

Paul is writing about those here on earth. He is not writing about heaven.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Sword,

It is my understanding of the word holy that it means "set aside". The children of God have been set aside as God's children. We should bare fruit to glorify Jesus' work on the cross. In other words we are to proclaim the salvation that Jesus atoned for on the cross.. We certainly are not to proclaim ourselves as sinless in the flesh. To do so puts a burden on those that might come to Jesus because they know there is no way a person living in sinful flesh can be perfect. That is the very reason Jesus atoned for their sins.