Do you still sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are 22 paired chromosomes plus the 2 sex chromosomes. In parthogenesis it's theoretically possible to produce those 22 paired chromosomes from the female egg.

It is indeed possible - but the offspring resulting from parthenogenesis is always female.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 6New King James Version (NKJV)
Dead to Sin, Alive to God
6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously dont know jesus only had 23 cromazones.

You obviously don't know that lying is a sin. Making stuff up and trying to pass it off as the truth is a sin.

You need to come to grips with the fact that there are people here who know more about God than you do. Instead of watching Youtube preachers, these people actually read and study the scriptures.

"If the blind follow the blind, both will fall into the ditch."

k

Reactions: KBCid

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely agree with that notion. But I add that it only applies when you look at the flesh. God doesn't look at the flesh of a Christian. Neither should we as it pertains to salvation.
Hi FHII,

I may be misunderstanding what you are saying. What do you mean when you say that God DOESN'T look at the flesh of a Christian?

Does Galatians 5:19-21 not talk about sins of the flesh?

Curious Mary

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi FHII,

I may be misunderstanding what you are saying. What do you mean when you say that God DOESN'T look at the flesh of a Christian?

Does Galatians 5:19-21 not talk about sins of the flesh?

Curious Mary
Yes to both your questions

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes to both your questions
Your answer is a bit cryptic. You are saying I misunderstand you but your original statement seems to say that God does not look at the flesh when I have shown that scripture clearly says He does look at the flesh.

If, as you say, "God doesn't look at the flesh of a Christian" then why does Galatians 5 talk about the sins of the flesh and state whoever participates in them will not inherit the kingdom of God?

If God doesn't, as you say, look at the flesh then why is he holding us accountable for the sins of the flesh?

Maybe I am still misunderstanding you. Can you clarify?

Curious Mary

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your answer is a bit cryptic. You are saying I misunderstand you but your original statement seems to say that God does not look at the flesh when I have shown that scripture clearly says He does look at the flesh.

If, as you say, "God doesn't look at the flesh of a Christian" then why does Galatians 5 talk about the sins of the flesh and state whoever participates in them will not inherit the kingdom of God?

If God doesn't, as you say, look at the flesh then why is he holding us accountable for the sins of the flesh?

Maybe I am still misunderstanding you. Can you clarify?

Curious Mary
The book of Romans is a great reference for this topic; specifically chapters 4 - 8.

In ch 4:7-8 Paul quotes a Psalm by saying are inquities a forgiven, sins are covered and God will not impute sin. The latter point notes a future tense: God will not impute sin. It won't be accounted to us.

Chapter 5 notes that by grace we are justified by his blood. The chapter ends with a very bold statement: where sin abounded, grace did much more abound. It sets up a very misunderstood question and statement in chapter 6.

That chapter begins by asking shall we continue in sin? God forbid! Most stop there but there is more. It says how shall we continue in sin if we are dead to sin? Some stop there, but again there is more. We (our old man) died with Christ. The old man is our flesh, not our formal life. Go back to Roman4 4.... Sin is no longer imputed to us.

That chapter goes on to say let not sin reign in your mortal body.... I know. But thats the point of the chapter... It can't reign if you died with Christ.

Chapters 7 and 8 are also just as potent. In these 5 chapters I conclude that if you are looking at the flesh, we all sin. But if you look at the spirit, we do not sin.

God is not looking at the flesh. Neither should we.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She hadn't. She was a young girl who did not know sin yet.

skypair
I havent read it in a while but after a while and when you grow and understand God better I would bet God never said what you just said in His word. I would say with out looking you are adding to that. As I remember. Mary never knew joe. Mary did not know sin?? Plaese quote it. We are all born into sin mary doll included. She was not the amaculate conception Jesus was.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is indeed possible - but the offspring resulting from parthenogenesis is always female.

God would only need to change one chromosome. Not too difficult for God and he did it for Eve.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She hadn't. She was a young girl who did not know sin yet.

skypair
Rom 5:12 - Death in Adam, Life in Christ
(Gen 3:1-19) 12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned

NKJV

Reactions: KBCid

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Romans is a great reference for this topic; specifically chapters 4 - 8.

In ch 4:7-8 Paul quotes a Psalm by saying are inquities a forgiven, sins are covered and God will not impute sin. The latter point notes a future tense: God will not impute sin. It won't be accounted to us.

Chapter 5 notes that by grace we are justified by his blood. The chapter ends with a very bold statement: where sin abounded, grace did much more abound. It sets up a very misunderstood question and statement in chapter 6.

That chapter begins by asking shall we continue in sin? God forbid! Most stop there but there is more. It says how shall we continue in sin if we are dead to sin? Some stop there, but again there is more. We (our old man) died with Christ. The old man is our flesh, not our formal life. Go back to Roman4 4.... Sin is no longer imputed to us.

That chapter goes on to say let not sin reign in your mortal body.... I know. But thats the point of the chapter... It can't reign if you died with Christ.

Chapters 7 and 8 are also just as potent. In these 5 chapters I conclude that if you are looking at the flesh, we all sin. But if you look at the spirit, we do not sin.

God is not looking at the flesh. Neither should we.

Thanks. But will the religious see it?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people are quick to say they do not sin; Christians, after conversion, and atheists, who often deny sin outright, referring to it as a human concept created to control people.

However, if you ask the same people if they love perfectly, they often respond accurately, by reporting that no one loves perfectly or selflessly.

I believe sin and imperfect love are the same. I believe it is Gods will for us to strive to love perfectly; it is our sanctification and eventual transformation

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009 and Job

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people are quick to say they do not sin; Christians, after conversion, and atheists, who often deny sin outright, referring to it as a human concept created to control people.

However, if you ask the same people if they love perfectly, they often respond accurately, by reporting that no one loves perfectly or selflessly.

I believe sin and imperfect love are the same. I believe it is Gods will for us to strive to love perfectly; it is our sanctification and eventual transformation
I take issue with your statement about sanctification. Our trying not to sin in the flesh does not sanctify us. God does that for His children "In Christ" it is a done deal..

1 Cor 6:10-12
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Glorify God in Body and Spirit
12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
NKJV

Rev 1:5
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
NKJV

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take issue with your statement about sanctification. Our trying not to sin in the flesh does not sanctify us. God does that for His children "In Christ" it is a done deal..

1 Cor 6:10-12
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Glorify God in Body and Spirit
12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
NKJV

Rev 1:5
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
NKJV

You are one of the few with the correct understanding of sanctification. If sanctification had anything to do with our actions, then Jesus Christ lied when he promised the thief on the cross entrance into the kingdom of God. What "sanctification" process did he do through? Two plus two must always equal four.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justification has nothing to do with our actions. Sanctification is our response to Gods Justification + his involvement. Sanctification is the complete relationship - all relationships require participation from all members involved.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justification has nothing to do with our actions. Sanctification is our response to Gods Justification + his involvement. Sanctification is the complete relationship - all relationships require participation from all members involved.

Once again, I ask what kind of "response" was required for the thief on the cross?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, I ask what kind of "response" was required for the thief on the cross?

He made a statement of faith. Notice that Jesus did not engage the other person being crucified.