Do you still sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You obviously dont know jesus only had 23 cromazones. They came from Mary. What about the other 23? He was fully God and fully man. I am guesing you never new this and probably 99% of people in here never seen this either. But because of the huge unbelief in here dont go looking for it. You wont believe it.

How do you know Jesus only had 23 chromasomes?
Where does it say that in the Bible?

And what is the relevance of that anyway?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is writing about those here on earth. He is not writing about heaven.

You said "Where does Jesus say there is no gender in heaven?

Yo did not say "on earth" you said "in heaven" Your question has been answered.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll wait and see if Sword has a sensible answer. It would be unusual but one can always hope.
Let me try again.

Matt 22:28-30
28 Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her."
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.
NKJV

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You obviously dont know jesus only had 23 cromazones. They came from Mary. What about the other 23? He was fully God and fully man. I am guesing you never new this and probably 99% of people in here never seen this either. But because of the huge unbelief in here dont go looking for it. You wont believe it.

And how do you "know" this? When the Bible was written, nobody knew about chromosomes. We have no 'sample' of Jesus' DNA to analyse. So your statement is 100% speculation.
And it actually makes no sense. If Jesus had had only 23 chromosomes and they all came from Mary, He would not have been a male in His human body - because He would have had no Y chromosome.

Reactions: KBCid and Job

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And it actually makes no sense. If Jesus had had only 23 chromosomes and they all came from Mary, He would not have been a male in His human body - because He would have had no Y chromosome.
Wooops here was me thinking Holy Ghost had a part? I am sure there much about God that makes no sense to you

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Jesus say there is no gender in heaven?

Mat 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

and as we know (those who do read the bible instead of the Catholic catechism), there is no indication of any angels having gender, other than a possible reference to he or him, never a her or she. if my memory serves, angles are almost always referred to by their name only, even in the book of Enoch, but don't hold me to that.

Mundo, its not my job to read the bible for you. I don't have to prove anything, again, if you disagree, then show proof or at least reasoning. I post in the sense that those reading are familiar with what is written in the bible, therefore if you like, then maybe you should get up to speed.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wooops here was me thinking Holy Ghost had a part? I am sure there much about God that makes no sense to you
Well of course the Holy Spirit had a part - there was no human father, so the other 23 must have been 'made' or 'supplied' supernaturally. But the full set of 46 there must have been, otherwise I don't think that we would be able to say that Jesus was truly human. The Gospels indicate that in all physical respects Jesus was a 'normal' man.

It would help if you gave your reasons for believing that Jesus had only 23 chromosomes. It's an idea I've never come across before.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let me try again.

Matt 22:28-30
28 Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her."
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.
NKJV

Mat 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

and as we know (those who do read the bible instead of the Catholic catechism), there is no indication of any angels having gender, other than a possible reference to he or him, never a her or she. if my memory serves, angles are almost always referred to by their name only, even in the book of Enoch, but don't hold me to that.

Mundo, its not my job to read the bible for you. I don't have to prove anything, again, if you disagree, then show proof or at least reasoning. I post in the sense that those reading are familiar with what is written in the bible, therefore if you like, then maybe you should get up to speed.

OK, but HOW are they like the angels in heaven. Jesus doesn't say they will be genderless like the angels in heaven but they will not marry like the angels in heaven.

There is another way that Jesus specifically says we will be like the angels in heaven, in Luke's version of this
And Jesus said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage; but those who are accounted worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, for they cannot die any more, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. (Lk 20:34-36).

They are like the angels because they cannot die any more
and note this:
and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. SONS - not very genderless.

And then:
"Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain" (Rev 20:1)
See also Rev 12 vs 3,7,8,10,12 etc., etc.

And
And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars (Rev 12:1)

No, not genderless in heaven.

Last edited:

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well of course the Holy Spirit had a part - there was no human father, so the other 23 must have been 'made' or 'supplied' supernaturally. But the full set of 46 there must have been, otherwise I don't think that we would be able to say that Jesus was truly human. The Gospels indicate that in all physical respects Jesus was a 'normal' man.

It would help if you gave your reasons for believing that Jesus had only 23 chromosomes. It's an idea I've never come across before.

There are 22 paired chromosomes plus the 2 sex chromosomes. In parthogenesis it's theoretically possible to produce those 22 paired chromosomes from the female egg.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

So at least we made some progress now you give God a little credit that you never gave Him in your first comment.
Now that you gave God some credit for His part why do you think Jesus need to have another 23 to be a man. Because of our small mindedness? You think God needs chromosomes.
I said first off Jesus was fully man in my post. No one is debating that. He was man and He was God. Every time I bring something new to this forum. I get shot down. People dont even try to look at what I am saying you all have opinions and will not be told anything You included. You never once said I was correct in anything we ever discussed. I will not reveal why I believe what I said to you. I just cant be botherd with the fighting. I have seen two people in here look at what I said and they both changed there mind and came back with a better understanding and at least gave what I said concideration. Two. If the asked I would tell them because I know they have an open mind. You deleted my posts on your blog because you could not answer me properly. So I seen you at work to. The soarse I have is very good. I have no reason to doubt him. As I also have an open mind to anything anyone will say. There are far to many in here who know it all.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm sure it is understood by all Christians that the glorified bodies we will obtain will be like the body of Jesus. I don't recall scripture ever stating that Jesus Christ became gender less when he resurrected, like some kind of transgender, hermaphroditic creature. Your gender is more than just your flesh, it defines who you are in your relation to God himself. If it was just all about your flesh, then homosexuality wouldn't be considered an abomination in his eyes. Just like Jesus Christ was made lower than the angels in heaven and crowned with glory above the angels, so will we be made higher than the angels in heaven and crowned with glory. We will be like the angels in heaven or similar because the curse of death will no longer apply to us just like the angels in heaven, nullifying the need to marry and procreate. There are no trannies in heaven, nor does scripture ever define our regeneration in the Lord as some sort of change in gender. And I'm pretty certain that Ezekiel didn't see the appearance of a genderless being sitting on the throne of God.

(Ezekiel 1:26-28) "¶ And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. {27} And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about. {28} As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake."

Reactions: Old Man

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is loving imperfectly. Everyone loves imperfectly except God/Jesus. The real question concerns guilt and culpability. Are people who have mental/developmental impairments? Children? If Mary suffered impairment, she is not culpable.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

If you did some research on these forums it's my bet that you would find that Catholics post more scripture per post than Protestants. Protestants seem to rely mostly on opinions or vague paraphrases of something they read once in the Bible. Dragging an actual Bible reference out of them (never mind and actual quote) is like extracting a tooth.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
you got two or three relevant ones, you just don't like them i guess
No I never got a single one where God calls us sinners directly. You gather themn all up and look at them with an open mind.

NolaNonola

Jul 16, 2017
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct answer is: Yes.
This is true for Christian and non-Christian; even the virgin Mary sinned.
Hello tabletalk. When I read your post two verses popped up in my head so I will give you my thoughts concerning those verses.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

1 John 2:1-2
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

So I would have to say that Christians don't continue to sin as far as Christ Jesus is concerned. The reason being is because according to 1 John that they've been born of God. And that if you do sin he is the advocate with the Father who speaks on your behalf. This sacrifice is seemingly for the whole world and "not for ours only" referring to the Church of Christ the author of 1 John was speaking to.

Reactions: tabletalk and Sword