Do you think Joe Biden is guilty of the allegations against him made by Tara Reade?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think Joe Biden is guilty?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other / Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that many people here have vastly different political views. I am not a Republican, and I understand that the previous President has been accused of harassing women also. But I've been paying close attention to this particular development, especially as Democrats are meant to have much less tolerance for this kind of thing, but have been very polarized on this issue (but I think at least a slight majority favors Biden).

Joe Biden was accused of harassment (and even worse) by a woman named Tara Reade, who was working for him as a young female staffer back in 1993, in Washington D.C., and she alleges that he assaulted her one afternoon at work when she was asked to run an errand for him. This has deeply divided even Democrats - some arguing that Joe Biden is innocent, and that Tara Reade is a manipulative liar, a promicuous deceiver, and even a traitor to her party, while others argue that Tara Reade has been unfairly neglected by most of the media, and she was a real victim of violence.

For example, this was one discussion:
Tara Comments.png

I think I have a better sense of intuition than some people -- but I really don't know, even aftering reading her novel and these conflicting arguments. I have no idea whether this is real or not, honestly, but I cannot say that I do not empathize with her at least somewhat, she is also a divorced mother, a lifelong Democratic activist (though she has since left the party after she got repeated death threats) who was treated harshly by her father and her husband, and who loves the performing arts, horses and animals, according to her book.

What does everyone here think about this situation?
Biden accuser Tara Reade: "I wanted to be a senator; I didn't want to sleep with one"
Tara Reade's ex-neighbor says Reade told her about Joe Biden sexual assault allegation in the 1990s - CNNPolitics
A Year Later, Tara Reade Works to Correct the Record
Poll: Majority of voters believe Tara Reade but say it will not impact their vote

Here is her book, released earlier this year:
https://www.amazon.com/Left-Out-When-Truth-Doesnt/dp/1735898112/#customerReviews

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Politics is corrupt.
Jill was going through a divorce when Joe first dated her. Maybe Joe likes divorced women.
In the world of politics everything runs on favours. Whether she needed a favour from him, or he needed a favour from her,
when you enter the game, you already know that there are no rules.

No one will ever be held accountable. They are the Untouchables. Unless you are blacklisted, then they all gang up on you.
In which case no truth or lie will save you.

Joe is a gropey guy. He does it all the time. He gropes women and children. I guess you could say he's "touchy" .
Not having been following any of the stories or reading any of the books, I tend to believe that unwanted advantages are par for the course.
If you don't want ot be taken advataged of, don't play the game. Otherwise, you already have a clear idea of what your getting yourself involved in.
On either side.
Politiccs is dirty.
Politics is corrupt to the core.

Just my thoughts.
HUGS

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Joe possesses the mental capacity so as to remember Tara Reade.

Every speech he gives is scrolling on a prompter.
That's why he never takes questions from the gathered WH press corp members after.
He simply follows the directions relayed to him via the communication bud in his ear.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Joe possesses the mental capacity so as to remember Tara Reade.

Every speech he gives is scrolling on a prompter.
That's why he never takes questions from the gathered WH press corp members after.
He simply follows the directions relayed to him via the communication bud in his ear.

I am very uncomfortable, because I am not sure which side to believe in this case. Lots of Democrats have insisted Tara is a manipulative liar or a very promiscuous woman -- one liberal woman online for example, mentioned that that she thinks Tara was assaulted in the past, but by someone else, and is simply trying to project that onto Joe Biden or something, which I thought was kind of presumptuous and cruel when I read her remarks. I am really perturbed and quite frankly disillusioned by the amount of divided opinions over this allegation, especially from the party who are supposed to empathize most deeply with women.

You do NOT believe women only when they accuse the other side -- or when it is politically convenient -- or else you discredit the very foundation of the women's rights cause you claim to champion.

Now, Tara could be lying, I do not know this woman, although I have read her book and listened to her interviews - but the fact that most Democrats seem to so casually dismiss her with a snort bothers me, because if Tara was accusing anyone outside her (former) party of such acts, I do not think so many would be so hostile and suspicious towards her. Some of the things other progressive women (most of whom support Biden) have said about her are very nasty, to be honest, and greatly surprised me.

Reactions: Pythagorean12

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Politics is corrupt.
Jill was going through a divorce when Joe first dated her. Maybe Joe likes divorced women.
In the world of politics everything runs on favours. Whether she needed a favour from him, or he needed a favour from her,
when you enter the game, you already know that there are no rules.

No one will ever be held accountable. They are the Untouchables. Unless you are blacklisted, then they all gang up on you.
In which case no truth or lie will save you.

Joe is a gropey guy. He does it all the time. He gropes women and children. I guess you could say he's "touchy" .
Not having been following any of the stories or reading any of the books, I tend to believe that unwanted advantages are par for the course.
If you don't want ot be taken advataged of, don't play the game. Otherwise, you already have a clear idea of what your getting yourself involved in.
On either side.
Politiccs is dirty.
Politics is corrupt to the core.

Just my thoughts.
HUGS
"Politics is corrupt to the core."
- I agree.
---
If you want to see the ultimate 'human depravity/corruption' in action..
- Observe..what is going on..in politics/politicians.

Reactions: LouisWilliams

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe a lot of these allegations when they're made against famous people even in the case of President Biden who I am not a fan of, until there is proof, usually when allegations like these are made other women start coming out of the woodwork and making accusations.

Until there is actual hard proof I'm not believing it.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't believe a lot of these allegations when they're made against famous people even in the case of President Biden who I am not a fan of, until there is proof, usually when allegations like these are made other women start coming out of the woodwork and making accusations.

Until there is actual hard proof I'm not believing it.

I may have mentioned this before, but Tara Reade's good friend who heard Tara's story mentioned she was going to vote for Joe.

She mentions it in the last few minutes of this interview. Which brings to question why would her friend still vote for Joe? If she hated Trump and believed her friend Tara's allegations about Joe, wouldn't she have decided not to vote at all or vote for a third party candidate?

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may have mentioned this before, but Tara Reade's good friend who heard Tara's story mentioned she was going to vote for Joe.

She mentions it in the last few minutes of this interview. Which brings to question why would her friend still vote for Joe? If she hated Trump and believed her friend Tara's allegations about Joe, wouldn't she have decided not to vote at all or vote for a third party candidate?

Tara Reade herself voted for Obama -- but she stated that Biden was simply a side note, kind of attached to the ticket, yet I can see why some criticize her for doing so.

The problem is Tara truly is not kind of malicious Republican plant, or Russian spy, like some people accuse her of, all the evidence does seem to indicate she has been a lifelong Democrat and a Bernie Sanders supporter.

We do not know. Perhaps she believes that a Republican victory would have been worse in 2020, given the realistic state of this nation, or perhaps she feels that Biden might have changed from 1993. It is possible to believe and support your friend was assaulted by a member of your political party several decades ago, yet also reluctantly support that party today, as a means of supporting the "lesser of two evils", in her mind, perhaps.

This CNN article goes into greater detail involving her friend, who explains in her own words why she is voting for Biden:
Tara Reade's ex-neighbor says Reade told her about Joe Biden sexual assault allegation in the 1990s - CNNPolitics

But it was something she had forgotten -- or at least, put out of her mind for years, LaCasse said. After the mid-1990s, she said she and Reade were not in touch, and it was only a few years ago that they reconnected around the time that Reade's mother died. And according to LaCasse, it was last year when Reade brought up Biden that LaCasse told her that she remembered their conversation about the alleged sexual assault.
More recently, after Reade appeared on a podcast and went public with her allegation of sexual assault, LaCasse said she let her ex-neighbor and friend know that she would be willing to publicly say that Reade had confided in her years ago.

CNN verified through public records searches, photos and an examination of Reade's past government identification that LaCasse and Reade were once neighbors.

Now 60 years old, LaCasse describes herself as "very anti-Trump" and a "very strong Democrat" with "strong political leanings." She liked Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren the most during the Democratic primaries, she said, and in the general election, she plans to vote for Biden, whom she said she always viewed as an "OK guy."

"I don't know that I have any choice," she said about her plan to vote for Biden in November. "I'm not going to vote for Trump."

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Allegations are just that allegations, until I see hard evidence, I won't believe it and I'm anti-Biden, I also believe Cosby was innocent and jailed because he spoke the truth against the powers that be and the truth about the Black community, that made him a target and he got persecuted real quick, you think if Cosby was going to drug and rape a woman, he's drug and rape a dyke who looked looks like a man, instead of a beautiful model if he were to commit such an act?

Allegations are made to bring people down, just look at what happened to Cavanaugh when he was selected for the Supreme Court by Trump.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tara Reade herself voted for Obama -- but she stated that Biden was simply a side note, kind of attached to the ticket, yet I can see why some criticize her for doing so.

The problem is Tara truly is not kind of malicious Republican plant, or Russian spy, like some people accuse her of, all the evidence does seem to indicate she has been a lifelong Democrat and a Bernie Sanders supporter.

We do not know. Perhaps she believes that a Republican victory would have been worse in 2020, given the realistic state of this nation, or perhaps she feels that Biden might have changed from 1993. It is possible to believe and support your friend was assaulted by a member of your political party several decades ago, yet also reluctantly support that party today, as a means of supporting the "lesser of two evils", in her mind, perhaps.

This CNN article goes into greater detail involving her friend, who explains in her own words why she is voting for Biden:

This is just so strange

she plans to vote for Biden, whom she said she always viewed as an "OK guy."

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very uncomfortable, because I am not sure which side to believe in this case. Lots of Democrats have insisted Tara is a manipulative liar or a very promiscuous woman -- one liberal woman online for example, mentioned that that she thinks Tara was assaulted in the past, but by someone else, and is simply trying to project that onto Joe Biden or something, which I thought was kind of presumptuous and cruel when I read her remarks. I am really perturbed and quite frankly disillusioned by the amount of divided opinions over this allegation, especially from the party who are supposed to empathize most deeply with women.

You do NOT believe women only when they accuse the other side -- or when it is politically convenient -- or else you discredit the very foundation of the women's rights cause you claim to champion.

Now, Tara could be lying, I do not know this woman, although I have read her book and listened to her interviews - but the fact that most Democrats seem to so casually dismiss her with a snort bothers me, because if Tara was accusing anyone outside her (former) party of such acts, I do not think so many would be so hostile and suspicious towards her. Some of the things other progressive women (most of whom support Biden) have said about her are very nasty, to be honest, and greatly surprised me.
For me it's a matter of timing. And that coincides with credibility.
Relative to this discussion. Why not go to the police when assaulted by a politician? Who has more to lose?

Then again, there is that bit about the long lived Congressional "slush fund" that pays off those persons sexually assaulted , harassed, or otherwise abused by members of Congress.
Congress paid out $17 million in settlements. Here's why we know so little about that money. | CNN Politics

The question I think is, did Ms.Reade get paid?
Also, remember the women that came out of the woodwork when Trump was running?
One was so bad a liar she used the lyrics from a rock song to describe his assault of her on a plane.

The timing is what makes it all questionable.

Sexual assault by a politician puts their butt in the sling.
The excuse that an abuse victim didn't think anyone would believe them is nonsense. Especially so when they expect to be believed decades after the fact.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are thinking that someone perhaps bribed this woman to make these allegations, basically? I honestly don't think that is the case - and if so, who did? The Republicans? Joe Biden's political rivals in the Democrats? Another government?

Her brother and several friends have stated that she told them this incident back in 1993 -- but while they and her mother urged her to go to the authorities, she refused out of fear for herself and the incredibly complex bureaucracy of Washington D.C., and perhaps lingering respect for Joe Biden, or at least what she saw Joe Biden as, as someone who publicly fought for women's rights for years.

In a "Larry King Live" segment that aired on August 11, 1993, on CNN, an unnamed woman calls in to the show with her location identified on the screen as San Luis Obispo, California. The show was about the cutthroat nature of Washington, DC, politics and media.

"Yes, hello. I'm wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington?" she asks. "My daughter has just left there after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

Joe Biden accuser Tara Reade says mother called into 'Larry King Live' after alleged sexual assault - CNNPolitics

This is an anonymous friend of Tara Reade, who alleges that Tara did speak to her immediately after the assault, and I found this interview to be fairly compelling and credible:
273-Tara Reade's friend speaks out on Joe Biden sexual assault allegation + Ryan Grim & Rich McHugh

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are thinking that someone perhaps bribed this woman to make these allegations, basically? I honestly don't think that is the case - and if so, who did? The Republicans? Joe Biden's political rivals in the Democrats? Another government?

Her brother and several friends have stated that she told them this incident back in 1993 -- but while they and her mother urged her to go to the authorities, she refused out of fear for herself and the incredibly complex bureaucracy of Washington D.C., and perhaps lingering respect for Joe Biden, or at least what she saw Joe Biden as, as someone who publicly fought for women's rights for years.

In a "Larry King Live" segment that aired on August 11, 1993, on CNN, an unnamed woman calls in to the show with her location identified on the screen as San Luis Obispo, California. The show was about the cutthroat nature of Washington, DC, politics and media.

"Yes, hello. I'm wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington?" she asks. "My daughter has just left there after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

Joe Biden accuser Tara Reade says mother called into 'Larry King Live' after alleged sexual assault - CNNPolitics

This is an anonymous friend of Tara Reade, who alleges that Tara did speak to her immediately after the assault, and I found this interview to be fairly compelling and credible:
273-Tara Reade's friend speaks out on Joe Biden sexual assault allegation + Ryan Grim & Rich McHugh
While it is possible she was persuaded to go public now, that's not what I was saying.

The sexual assault slush fund in Congress is what I was referring to.
Was Ms.Teade paid when she initially made these claims against Biden years ago?
Now, when Biden was running for office of President she thought to get paid again?
All those TV shows she's a guest on pay guests. Did she also write a book? I don't know.

It's the timing.
She was supposedly assaulted years ago.
Biden runs for office and now she accuses him in the press? When she didn't do so in a police station when it supposedly happened?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
, you think if Cosby was going to drug and rape a woman, he's drug and rape a dyke who looked looks like a man, instead of a beautiful model if he were to commit such an act?
In sex crime, it's generally speaking more about power then sexual gratification.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oy vey. Not quite. The race baiters and sex baiters have you twisted. There is not women's rights separate from other rights. The weight of the claim of equality has to be carried here. Want equal rights but special privileges? In our 2,000 year old system of jurisprudence, accusations are not to be automatically believed. The accused has the presumption of innocence.

The whole problem with the feminist movement is that they want equality except for when they don't and accusing others does not take away the burden on the accuser to meet our clearly established standard of evidence - just cause she's a chick. And the blatant infantilizing of women in the 21st century, as you say, undermines their claims of equal rights as they want special privilege's. Women are treated increasingly as emotional infants, too broken to function by the alleged crime to meet ANY standard of evidence. Just shed a few crocodile tears.

I watched a video about a government worker who claimed 94% of rapists got away with the crime. What a gyno-centric friendly claim. Another interpretation of the data is 94% of rape accusations are false. And until women are punished for making false allegations as the men would be for committing the crime, we will continue to motivate false accusations.

Fact is, women lie and they especially lie about sex - just like men. Don't agree? Prove it! Your commitment to equal rights is on display right now.

Regarding the politics of this, the hypocrisy on the Left is also on display. When it was a nominee to the Supreme Court, it was #BelieveHer. Now that the acussed is a Democrat, not so much.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SICK: Girl Who Was Touched by Creeper Joe Biden on Camera Confirms he Groped Her and Pinched Her Nipple #MeToo

Watch his hand and her face.

I had found a longer video, but I'm not finding it now. The first time she looks at him and steps away. The second time she looks at him again, and the third time she looks at her parents.

I've seen other vids, he always grabs the little girls and pulls them close, his hands where they Do Not Belong.

It just makes me sick. And angry!
That makes me want to barf. What a sick pervert.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In sex crime, it's generally speaking more about power then sexual gratification.

Much love!
Marks the man was innocent I believe it in my heart, Cosby spoke the truth about the Black community and it's when the sharks went after him.