• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think the USA and Europe should protect Taiwan in a war with China?

• Total voters

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly what convinces everyone that China is all powerful? The news media?

... China is not the booming powerful capable military everyone thiks they are ...the recent failures in Mongolia prove they are short of the Happy Meal ....Don't elevate them to super man ....but don't ignore the capability to make improvements ....
The question is moral - should we treat a Chinese attack on a foreign country (Taiwan) AS IF it were an attack on the US - not an evaluation of our relative military capacity.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is moral - should we treat a Chinese attack on a foreign country (Taiwan) AS IF it were an attack on the US - not an evaluation of our relative military capacity.
The answer is simple ....I can solve the problem regarding chips ....The questions becomes "Are we willing to stop our entire economy since we have no chip factory ready to operate within 4 months?"

More important .....Is there a fool in this Administration capable of solving the problem?

No there is not .....

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Taiwan was part of China.
They decided to go on their own......kind of what Quebec in Canada has been working on for years.
It's none of the USA business to go to war over an island off the Chinese Coast.
Time for the US to stop being the police man of the world and sending young men to fight for others.
I am sick and tired of politicians sitting in their easy chairs directing other people's lives.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They decided to go on their own......kind of what Quebec in Canada has been working on for years.
It's none of the USA business to go to war over an island off the Chinese Coast.
Time for the US to stop being the police man of the world and sending young men to fight for others.
I am sick and tired of politicians sitting in their easy chairs directing other people's lives.

Taiwan goes down and you can park your car. You can hope and pray your computer keeps on working. The bulk of all power, water comes to a grinding halt .....Anything with a chip crashes because there are no others .....Good bye cell phones unless you buy them from China and Biden gets a cut ...

Biden has insured that the semi conductor factories in this country will fail.

All Construction must be union, any semi conductor company must provide child care at no charge for emplyees. All companies must give the government a portion of their profits .....this is above and beyond taxes already paid. No company can sell stock ......

Now exactly what incentive does any company have to get in bed with the criminals in Washington DC?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Taiwan goes down and you can park your car. You can hope and pray your computer keeps on working. The bulk of all power, water comes to a grinding halt .....Anything with a chip crashes because there are no others .....Good bye cell phones unless you buy them from China and Biden gets a cut ...

Biden has insured that the semi conductor factories in this country will fail.

All Construction must be union, any semi conductor company must provide child care at no charge for emplyees. All companies must give the government a portion of their profits .....this is above and beyond taxes already paid. No company can sell stock ......

Now exactly what incentive does any company have to get in bed with the criminals in Washington DC?
Imagine now this. China joins with Russia and sells them weapons, plus forms a defense pact.
Biden said if China did that, he would place big sanctions on China.
Now imagine war with China in 2 years like some US generals are saying is likely to happen, probably over Taiwan which Biden has said he will defend them.
Sanctions will make inflation much worse, much of our production industry is in Asian countries like China due to Clinton offshoring production and making the US a service economy.
Many things you easily buy today will disappear or the price will rise extremely high.
People in the US are going to seriously feel this down deep, and they think times are bad now with inflation.
And oil nations are moving away from the petrodollar, that means the US can not export it's debt, few will want US dollars.
All of this could make inflation run extremely high. And the fed wont be able to do anything about it.
Your QOL is going to collapse.

There is potentially serious economic collapse and even war coming for the US.
Europe also will fracture and go into the crapper.
Canada will also be like the US

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Imagine now this. China joins with Russia and sells them weapons, plus forms a defense pact.
Biden said if China did that, he would place big sanctions on China.
Now imagine war with China in 2 years like some US generals are saying is likely to happen, probably over Taiwan which Biden has said he will defend them.
Sanctions will make inflation much worse, much of our production industry is in Asian countries like China due to Clinton offshoring production and making the US a service economy.
Many things you easily buy today will disappear or the price will rise extremely high.
People in the US are going to seriously feel this down deep, and they think times are bad now with inflation.
And oil nations are moving away from the petrodollar, that means the US can not export it's debt, few will want US dollars.
All of this could make inflation run extremely high. And the fed wont be able to do anything about it.
Your QOL is going to collapse.

There is potentially serious economic collapse and even war coming for the US.
Europe also will fracture and go into the crapper.
Canada will also be like the US
We have been sold out years ago ! no one could be so stupid to power Communist China up like it has been and disregard all them people with no job in the USA.

It's a done deal China is going to rule ! I could see it coming and fair enough if it was not a Communist Country. But it is Communist !
It's a Dictatorship !
The MSM have no problems with that !
But I do, because I don't like being dominated over by trash or morons.

If USA went to War with China millions of old people will die, because their medication is made in China.

Not to mention many parts of cars and motor bikes are made in China, so what then and inflation will rise and get out of control very easy because if a Nation is in so far in debt then that's a key point of being a total idiot !

Paying off the USA debt at what rate ? well how about if that was doubled ? and then doubled again etc. could end up like pre Nazi Germany with 200% inflation. and how many would loose their house and afford health cover and have your young children die like was done in Germanys great inflation. Not to mention they were warned before hand.

Reactions: Scott Downey

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did some research due to debating a liberal .....I'd rather add promouns to make him feel more comfortable .....but I'll be nice .

The US is 32 trillion in debt. China owns less than 1 trillion of that debt ...Exactly what economic threat is China in owning that debt? Yet Congress yells and screams about it constatly.

The Government must sit down with manufacturing to discuss the process of constructing facilities to make semi conductors. They don't need to be in one place or location ......GSA can be called in a provide a list of the 77,000 vacacant properties owned by the FED and have a garage sale .....a give away that is very simple .....You get a 50,000 s ft manufacturing facility free .....if, you put a new manufacturing company there and keep it operational for 5-10 years ....You get the deed at the end of the term.

Most of these properties are old post offices and some are old Federal Courthouses .....stop building anything until this inventory is extinguished......

Do not try rewrite private company ownership. Biden doesn't have a mind ....this left wing stuff of handing the government a portion of profits is insanity .....It means these left wing activists don't have a clue about economics ....Want a portion of the profits? Do what you do now .....rewrite the tax code or tax more.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Taiwan goes down and you can park your car. You can hope and pray your computer keeps on working. The bulk of all power, water comes to a grinding halt .....Anything with a chip crashes because there are no others .....Good bye cell phones unless you buy them from China and Biden gets a cut ..
Still no reason to go to war and get 1000s of young North Americans killed.
Society has been turning away from God, that's the bottom line of it all.
And let's face it, North Americans are concerned about money, money, money....and started buying Asian manufactured products and American businesses moved their manufacturing plants to where they could use cheap labour. I can live without a computer and cell phone, I lived for years in a log cabin in the Canadian forest without all the junk we are used to now. End times......lovers of money.....crooked governments....and on it goes. Get ready for it.

Reactions: amadeus

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still no reason to go to war and get 1000s of young North Americans killed.
Society has been turning away from God, that's the bottom line of it all.
And let's face it, North Americans are concerned about money, money, money....and started buying Asian manufactured products and American businesses moved their manufacturing plants to where they could use cheap labour. I can live without a computer and cell phone, I lived for years in a log cabin in the Canadian forest without all the junk we are used to now. End times......lovers of money.....crooked governments....and on it goes. Get ready for it.

I went to High School with no TV. Not the Flintstones, Just Japanese TV with no English subtitles. The trouble is that modern society needs those tools to operate by. I understand and crave off grid type living ....

If you are willing to give up Taiwan, what next? Phillipines, Guam? Those are US Territiories....Maybe Alaska ....that makes Canada next in line.

Pacifism does not work .....We tried that and experienced Pearl Harbor....We paid a heavy price for trying isolationism ....

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pacifism does not work
Well... I do agree that we should be prepared to defend our country we are living in.
I spend two years in the army myself.
But I disagree that we should jump all over the earth trying to be police men.
Get manufacturing back to North America, so we can supply our own goods and not depend on the far east.
But of course that means we have to put our money to work.
But since money is god in the west we keep buying cheaper Asian goods at the Walmarts and others.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... I do agree that we should be prepared to defend our country we are living in.
I spend two years in the army myself.
But I disagree that we should jump all over the earth trying to be police men.
Get manufacturing back to North America, so we can supply our own goods and not depend on the far east.
But of course that means we have to put our money to work.
But since money is god in the west we keep buying cheaper Asian goods at the Walmarts and others.
Look at the Hong Kongers, the Tibetans, all those groups which suffer to this day because the PRC took over their lands and imposed Marxism there.

But a stronger Taiwan = a weakened Communist China.
And a weakened China is in the democratic West's long-term interests also...

We need EVERY advantage to fight the Dragon on its home turf. :(

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the Hong Kongers, the Tibetans, all those groups which suffer to this day because the PRC took over their lands and imposed Marxism there.

But a stronger Taiwan = a weakened Communist China.
And a weakened China is in the democratic West's long-term interests also...

We need EVERY advantage to fight the Dragon on its home turf. :(

I want the dragon slain before it learns to deliver babies on an island nearby.

China has no amphibious landing fleet. They can't storm beaches. I don't believe the China military is ready for anything large scale. China sent a unit to Mongolia to control it during the winter .......They had to recall the entire group because they were failing in their mission. At the same time ....China has a stealth fighter .......either China is not testing that fighter to fly over Taiwan airspace or their fighter is not capable of stealth ......F-35's and F-22's from the safety of the Phillipines and from the decks of carriers on the south end of Taiwan will make China sacrifice too much for what they get out Taiwan. The invasion will be a bloodletting for China.

What Biden and the Democrats propose for semi conductor manufacturing in the US is a death sentence for the US Industry stupid enough to jump on the bandwagon .......The proposal gives the government control over what to make. It also gives the government a percentage of the profits. The government taxes, after that hands off of everything because the needless regulations will cripple the American manufacturer enough on it's own. Then on top of that, the government wants their hand in the cookie jar .....I've got a better plan ....

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Couldn't agree more nor said it better........
Remember Vietnam.......look what that got us & them. The whole country is gone communist. We accomplished nothing .
<300 yrs old yet we think we are the rule makers of the world........Stay out is my opinion !

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember Vietnam.......look what that got us & them. The whole country is gone communist. We accomplished nothing .
<300 yrs old yet we think we are the rule makers of the world........Stay out is my opinion !

I had two Vietnamese Engineers under my wing. About 15 years earlier, I received a call at about 10 PM. Normally I would been a touch miffed .....But when I heard the voice on the other end .....my red flags went down. "Ray, I got my family out of Viet Nam! I need help!" "What can I do?" I need housing for 20 people right away." "Sahn, Who told you to cal me?" "Cap said you might be able to help." "Let me make a few calls and see what I can pull off." I called back within 10 minutes ....."I've got four houses in the Cul de Sac around the corner from me ......rent free .....You chase the churches for furniture ....."

Two houses were mine and the other two were neighbors......all recently renovated. Sahn had a bounty on his head in Viet Nam. Viet Cong were willing to give one million dollars for his capture. He had been rescueing people the NVA wanted to execute ....during the war. He had connections for the US to fly them to freedom. Years later one of kids in that group we housed was now an engineer working for the company I worked for. I received a call from Virginia Transformer......They had sold two transformers to Viet Nam and needed an engineer to parallel them. I went back and got Sahn, sat down with him and explained what we needed .......he was unsure about going to Viet Nam .....he might not come back. "We'll send Frank, he was ten when they got out ...Frank went and came back with a Doll ....This girl was a living doll. They had an arranged marriage before Frank left Viet Nam. Frank and his wife walked into my office when they got back to the US. He came to introduce her to me first because of everythig we had been able to do......."OK, you went home .....what is new under communism?" "It's great! TV's , radios, stereos, clothes ..." "Frank, they would have had that all in 1974 had they let us win ....." Man could that girl cook .....

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The USA could make no headway in Nam because of the United Nations would inform the Gooks of everything beforehand. so without the UN being involved maybe the USA could of won easy, but the UN wanted to drag it out, as they control the Drug industry.

The UN is a non elected Mob of criminal organisation Murdering Gangsters etc etc. They are not Voted in by the People so how easy is it to corrupt. you just buy people out to play the Game. It's so easy ! The people should have a real good look into the UN and it's history.
People idolise the UN thinking it's god, don't question them :rolleyes: o_O:hmhehm

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Do you think the USA and Europe should protect Taiwan in a war with China?"

Surely you don't trust America's politicians? They don't even help our people. They just steal BILLIONS of our tax dollars.

• Wow
Reactions: LouisWilliams

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Do you think the USA and Europe should protect Taiwan in a war with China?"

Surely you don't trust America's politicians? They don't even help our people. They just steal BILLIONS of our tax dollars.
China will do them slowly ? like boiling a Frog, the same way that it will do with the USA and has been doing, for the West is to stupid to understand what is taking place truly.
We have been and are being played big time as fools. from the powers that be, that are undermining the West to become useless low life degenerates.
A weak divided Nation will fail ! That's the intent that is at hand from our Governments who are just puppets for who ? the ones pulling the strings.

I know that WW3 is set on the cards, but we will not win ? by that I mean our own Governments will only become more Socialist and sacrifice their own people in a way that will be their burnt offering.
And that's the NWO ! Communist control over everyone ! that's the intention, so as to idolise the New Age moron dip sticks.
The same workings regarding the tactics that Hitler used on the German people have been in play on us for years, it's only engineered for our times, so as to play us for fools.
Now the Germans can be excused somewhat because how were they to understand the tactics of the Game played on them, but we nowadays truly have no excuse !
But people have warned of such for many years, but history will repeat. why because the majority do not have the moral fortitude to stand up and be a man.

So as I see it, all Nations will fail big time and this can not be turned around. Why ! because they lack moral fortitude.
Without Christ Jesus one creates only grubs. A new age of boys who think they are men. They are called Metrosexual, they claim to be the all and all a new breed above all ! evolved ! but in reality are only a husk, for their is nothing in them worthy of man or God. so when push comes to shove they will fall over. for they have no roots, they are like pixies.

So as to China and Taiwan, Communism is like a old cunning Gay man who is so depraved seeking wants, but is cunning and shrewd as they come devouring his victims. But one has to understand such a beast to catch him out ? or you will not be able to deal with such, as he will be empowered. So if we are fools we have no hope to truly deal with such, so as to War ? well another tactic may best be deployed.

Fighting evil head on does not always bear fruit.

Why does China truly want Taiwan ? well it would help China's bottom line economy. it must be.

Donald Trump help ! we need a man who can deal with all the issues of nowadays and Trump is that man. a real man and not some fag clown that's propped up by the MSM trash lowlife grubs.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Inside China the people have been taught Taiwan is China and was taken from them by evil imperialist powers, and reunification for them is a very patriotic goal.
They will never give up getting Taiwan back into China.
They also do not want to destroy Taiwan industry, but I do think they will eventually force a reunification militarily.

It is against this backdrop that Xi’s speech on Saturday has been closely scrutinized. Speaking at Beijing’s Great Hall of the People, Xi said the Chinese people had a “glorious tradition” of opposing separatism.

“Taiwan’s independence separatism is the biggest obstacle to achieving the reunification of the motherland, and the most serious hidden danger to national rejuvenation,” he said the day before the anniversary of the revolution that overthrew China’s last imperial dynasty in 1911. Taiwan marks 10 October, when the revolution began, as its national day.

Xi said “reunification through a peaceful manner is the most in line with the overall interest of the Chinese nation, including Taiwan compatriots”, but added that China would protect its sovereignty and unity.

“No one should underestimate the Chinese people’s staunch determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity,” Xi said. “The historical task of the complete reunification of the motherland must be fulfilled, and will definitely be fulfilled.”

He added: “The Taiwan question is purely an internal matter for China, one which brooks no external interference.”

• Wow
Reactions: LouisWilliams

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Treaties drag the world into conflict.

Taiwan needs protection, but the cost of that Treaty, may be soon felt world wide.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Inside China the people have been taught Taiwan is China and was taken from them by evil imperialist powers, and reunification for them is a very patriotic goal.
They will never give up getting Taiwan back into China.
They also do not want to destroy Taiwan industry, but I do think they will eventually force a reunification militarily.

It is against this backdrop that Xi’s speech on Saturday has been closely scrutinized. Speaking at Beijing’s Great Hall of the People, Xi said the Chinese people had a “glorious tradition” of opposing separatism.

“Taiwan’s independence separatism is the biggest obstacle to achieving the reunification of the motherland, and the most serious hidden danger to national rejuvenation,” he said the day before the anniversary of the revolution that overthrew China’s last imperial dynasty in 1911. Taiwan marks 10 October, when the revolution began, as its national day.

Xi said “reunification through a peaceful manner is the most in line with the overall interest of the Chinese nation, including Taiwan compatriots”, but added that China would protect its sovereignty and unity.

“No one should underestimate the Chinese people’s staunch determination, firm will, and strong ability to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity,” Xi said. “The historical task of the complete reunification of the motherland must be fulfilled, and will definitely be fulfilled.”

He added: “The Taiwan question is purely an internal matter for China, one which brooks no external interference.”
The problem is, his frequent weird speeches about "reclaiming former lands" and "national rejuvenation", and making the Chinese nation glorious almost reminds me a bit of another dictator who came to power less than 100 years ago!!

We cannot allow history to repeat itself...if Taiwan falls, who knows what the greedy Dragon might turn to AFTERWARDS? And how would for example, India, South Korea, Japan and the Philippines trust America's promises if Taiwan is abandoned so easily??