Do you Tik Tok? Congress proposes banning it to protect you.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the government shouts in unison that it wants to "protect you" while at the same time doing absolutely nothing about the mass invasion of illegals across the border--- you should question that government.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that app causes brain damage in today's youth so I banning it could be an improvement to society. That said the company is probably just going to sell it and it'll still be around.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that app causes brain damage in today's youth so I banning it could be an improvement to society. That said the company is probably just going to sell it and it'll still be around.

Are you in favor of banning everything you don't like?

It's a free speech issue. It's surprising to see how many people are in favor of censorship-- including on this site.

Reactions: Nancy

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's a free speech issue. It's surprising to see how many people are in favor of censorship-- including on this site.
It's not about banning everything or censorship, it's about security; the company that owns tiktok has to share all the information they collect with the goverment of China. If the bill passes I believe the company will have 6 months to sell the app and you'll still be able to use it.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about banning everything or censorship, it's about security; the company that owns tiktok has to share all the information they collect with the goverment of China. If the bill passes I believe the company will have 6 months to sell the app and you'll still be able to use it.

Take 15 minutes and have a listen to Senator Rand Paul discuss the issue.

It absolutely is about censorship and nothing else.

Reactions: Nancy

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This news is in the Current Events forum.

I think Congress is pushing to take this from China so they can install one of their puppet companies.

Biden's alignment with China makes this suspect.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take 15 minutes and have a listen to Senator Rand Paul discuss the issue.

It absolutely is about censorship and nothing else.
I watched it, he definitely makes some good points. I agree with him that it can be a slippery slope where they ban this first and it leads to them banning everything that they don't like.

Reactions: Nancy and Mr E

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exactly why they should not have shot down that spy balloon.

Any possible way for anyone alive , anywhere to get any info for any reason IS COVERED BY FREE SPEECH

If you do not want your info world wide then stay away from the World Wide Web.... it IS that simple.

But if they dxo manage to ban the China one Tic Toc then another will come along. Maybe this time from Russia?

Same difference...

Maybe someone American will make a knock off.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly why they should not have shot down that spy balloon.

Any possible way for anyone alive , anywhere to get any info for any reason IS COVERED BY FREE SPEECH

If you do not want your info world wide then stay away from the World Wide Web.... it IS that simple.

But if they dxo manage to ban the China one Tic Toc then another will come along. Maybe this time from Russia?

Same difference...

Maybe someone American will make a knock off.

When some country.... say--- Canada.... decides that they don't like X (Twitter) because it allows content that is critical of their Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.... We would all agree that to shut down that content amounts to government censorship. We would say-- 'Those poor Canadians are being denied access to information, simply because their government doesn't like it and they don't want their citizens to hear anything critical of them.'

That's the equivalence here of OUR government wanting to shut down Tik Tok. They want to be able to control the narrative.

Don't think for a second that our government won't shut down X here, if it suits them. They used to love Twitter when it was easily controlled to serve the liberal agenda and it was only conservatives who were being shadow-banned, blocked and censored. But now that Elon Musk has cleaned up these practices and given a voice to conservatives-- the libs all hate X.

And now it is again, the libs (with the support of bought and paid for Republican elected officials) who are hell-bent on eliminating Tik Tok, because they can't presently control the narrative.

Conservatives should strongly oppose the effort. Free speech must be protected, lest we lose it forever.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Orwellian America?

When some country.... say--- Canada.... decides that they don't like X (Twitter) because it allows content that is critical of their Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.... We would all agree that to shut down that content amounts to government censorship. We would say-- 'Those poor Canadians are being denied access to information, simply because their government doesn't like it and they don't want their citizens to hear anything critical of them.'

That's the equivalence here of OUR government wanting to shut down Tik Tok. They want to be able to control the narrative.

Don't think for a second that our government won't shut down X here, if it suits them. They used to love Twitter when it was easily controlled to serve the liberal agenda and it was only conservatives who were being shadow-banned, blocked and censored. But now that Elon Musk has cleaned up these practices and given a voice to conservatives-- the libs all hate X.

And now it is again, the libs (with the support of bought and paid for Republican elected officials) who are hell-bent on eliminating Tik Tok, because they can't presently control the narrative.

Conservatives should strongly oppose the effort. Free speech must be protected, lest we lose it forever.
It's like every other tactic to assault human rights.

The inroad is to propose an altruistic motive. They create the Boogeyman and then promise to save us from it.

In 90's America the catch phrase was, think of the children.

After 9-11, it was, national security.
Obama's signing of the NDAA, and every president thereafter renewing its authority, eviscerated our Constitutional rights in jurisprudence.

Now, we have this. The Boogeyman, China. Tik Tok. Ti Tok bad. Government censorship, necessary.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a world where you silence those who want to discuss things if their opinions and beliefs don't align with your own.

Arrest and ban those who disagree and those who would even dare ask questions or ask for explanations.

Silence anyone who won't play the role of dumb sheep.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a world where you silence those who want to discuss things if their opinions and beliefs don't align with your own.

Arrest and ban those who disagree and those who would even dare ask questions or ask for explanations.

Silence anyone who won't play the role of dumb sheep.
Well, when our government controls speech avenues already, it is a matter of their providence from the outset. Everything that gives speech "rights", in that regard is therefore by privilege of government.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, when our government controls speech avenues already, it is a matter of their providence from the outset. Everything that gives speech "rights", in that regard is therefore by privilege of government.
Well I view this Tic Tok thing differently.

Ever since covid I have gone out of my way to boycott everything China that I can.

I got 2 new laptops ;last year that were not made in China.

I am sure they already get enough info on us from the DC people... Dont want to name them.... connections.

And I still do not know with all the social media out there why those on Tic Tok cant transfer.

When I had things drop from Facebook (DTs 1st election) and I opted out... they will not removed my name from there... I could not make them.....

Same with Twitter... I had things disappear and I opted out.... but at least there I don't get notices like with FB.

Especially when I cannot look at any link that say you might post from there without logging on.

When my church started to use them for services in covid... in the beginning they would not let me on. I complained to church and never heard back but then I could.

I just wont do Social Media... Emails and text are bad enough....

Now I never saw it here... but on another forum like this they list the people who are members that are on plus how many guests... and they always have a s member "Google".... why?

Reactions: BlessedPeace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use TikTok, my old account still runs, but no longer have access. New show call “Great News Sharing” instead of the old good news sharing, might start putting up videos again. Just in reserved currently. I doubt they will get rid of it. It’s a useful tool for many people, even people who desire to bring the Bible to the table.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why it matters.

Consider what Biden did, in cooperation with media companies- particularly Twitter, Facebook/Instagram, YouTube and the willing stooges in mainstream network media.

In front of the Supreme Court today -Republican plaintiffs argued the government's actions violated the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment free speech rights of users whose posts were removed from platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, now called X.

The case tests whether the Biden administration crossed the line from mere communication and persuasion to strong arming or coercing platforms– to unlawfully censor disfavored speech, as lower courts found.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you want Technocrats tipping the scales in our elections?

Elites pick the candidate and their media minions make sure that their message gets amplified while everyone else gets buffered.

In 2008 it happened to Hillary Clinton. Back room deals done-- Hillary had no chance. She was told to step aside and wait her turn (8 years later they would place her in the Whitehouse)--- well that was the plan. Step aside for Obama and your turn will come.

The fix was in. -But no one anticipated the massive support that Trump would garner, and the cheating effort proved to be too little too late for the Clinton/Dem election stealing machine. By 2020 they pulled out all the stops, started early and finished late-- in the wee hours of the morning in all the swing States-- they fixed the fix and Biden "won."

In 2016 they rigged the social media support to disfavor Bernie Sanders-- who knows what they promised him to step aside for Hillary, but he did. Just like everyone did for Joe Biden in 2020.

It's disgusting.

Watchdog: Google Interfered in US Elections 41 Times​