Does 10 Commandments Requires Stoning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to have implied that non-Jews were exempt. I misunderstood.
Now I merely have no idea what point you were making about the law only applying to the Jews.

US laws only apply in the US. That’s just how laws work.
OK, now you've gone off on a whole different fork.
We were talking about the Old Testament and God's law.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Lifelong, you could state your religion as Theophile (lover of God) . I believe you do.
Is that an option at registration? Because then, because "other" is an option there already, Theophile would then apply to any faith and practice. Not only Christian. Which they are not.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that an option at registration? Because then, because "other" is an option there already, Theophile would then apply to any faith and practice. Not only Christian. Which they are not.
No, it is not an option. I believe he loves the Lord, though, and thought this term would describe his current state. So he can use it instead of Christian now.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
75% of my post was about Moses and the Law and 25% was a comment about Revelation … your response was too vague and gave no clue that you were only talking about the “1000 year reign of Christ” in Revelation, so I applied your comment to Moses and the Law.
You're the only person who has EVER lived who would misinterpret my response after you clearly said this:
You might want to avoid the part of Revelations where Jesus deals with the people that revolt after living a thousand years under His personal rule.

More nonsense outta you.

And the fact that Revelation is made up of visions, symbolism and non-literal material - PER REVELATION - is light years beyond relevant. Chapter 20 is contradicted by so many other chapters and verses in its own book that it's pitiful anyone could make a doctrine of the Millennium and present it to the world with a straight face. Chapter 19 ALONE contradicts it with the final destruction of the beast, the false prophet and ALL other remaining sinners. I mean COME ON, MAN.

It's literally a JOKE that famous preachers and pastors feed this total manure to the blind and gullible (and LAZY for not reading their Bible) masses of the world.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the only person who has EVER lived who would misinterpret my response after you clearly said this:

More nonsense outta you.
1. I clearly said this:
What are you talking about?
GOD gave them the penalty, Moses didn't make it up.
So what IS an appropriate penalty for willing apostasy when living in a THEOCRACY under the direct rule of God?
You might want to avoid the part of Revelations where Jesus deals with the people that revolt after living a thousand years under His personal rule.
And you responded with this:
That's that one part that doesn't line up with any other part of the Bible; not even with the very book it's found in.

Go figure.

2. I think it is time to stop suffering your folly and ignore your rude self.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. I clearly said this:

2. I think it is time to stop suffering your folly and ignore your rude self.
Aaaaand that's a wrap for you.

Make up a new name and avatar now and start fresh with me.

This one's going in the BDT bucket.

See ya as your next self.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What are you talking about?
GOD gave them the penalty, Moses didn't make it up.
So what IS an appropriate penalty for willing apostasy when living in a THEOCRACY under the direct rule of God?
It is all there in the Bible. Neither Jesus nor the Father would command us to commit mass murder or even take another's life, the gun lobby beware. People need to take the Revelation quote seriously. God deals with the wicked in his own way without us getting blood on our hands. The flood is an example, pestilence another, and judgement day another.

I believe we are required to live by the law as laid down by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount, neither is it our place to administer the law.

Last edited:

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is EXACTLY what Jesus called the Pharisees to task for … “Who is my neighbor?”
The fault lies in the “traditions of men” added to the Laws of God and not in the Laws of God themselves.
OK, I think we've come as far as we can on this particular part of the discussion. Thanks. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm kind of amazed at some of the views of ppl here that profess one thing and then you wonder why they say other things...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It has been like a breath of fresh air, I thought I was the only one who felt that way.
"The warnings against backsliding are given to the believer. The unbeliever cannot backslide."

....but those who end up living and dying in unbelief - whatever they might have once professed - cannot truly be described as having been believers in the finished, sufficient work of Christ in the first place.

Reactions: Jim B

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think when he's admitted again just recently that he's not a Christian all else is moot.
There's no need to focus on personalities on these forums. Stick with the subject. The title of this thread is quite misleading. What was probably meant is "Does the Law of Moses require stoning?" And the answer is "Yes" of course it does. But as we see in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah, the foreign idolatrous wives of the Jews were not stoned, even though that was in the Law. But the Jews were made to separate themselves from these women and their children.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"The warnings against backsliding are given to the believer. The unbeliever cannot backslide."

....but those who end up living and dying in unbelief - whatever they might have once professed - cannot truly be described as having been believers in the finished, sufficient work of Christ in the first place.
People can, and do, lose the faith they once had.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is all there in the Bible. Neither Jesus nor the Father would command us to commit mass murder or even take another's life
I agree that it is all there in the Bible.
I disagree that God would NEVER command us to take the life of another.

Exodus 32
25 Now when Moses saw that the people were out of control—for Aaron had let them get out of control to be a derision among their enemies— 26 then Moses stood in the gateof the camp, and said, “Whoever is for the LORD, come to me!” And all the sons of Levigathered together to him. 27 He said to them, “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, ‘Everyman of you put his sword upon his thigh, and go back and forth from gate to gate in the camp,and kill every man his brother, and every man his friend, and every man his neighbor.’” 28 So the sons of Levi did as Moses instructed, and about three thousand men of the people fellthat day. 29 Then Moses said, “Dedicate yourselves today to the LORD—for every man has been against his son and against his brother—in order that He may bestow a blessing upon you today.”

Numbers 31
1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Take full vengeance for the sons of Israel on the Midianites; afterward you will be gathered to your people.” 3 Moses spoke to the people,saying, “Arm men from among you for the war, that they may go against Midian to execute the LORD’S vengeance on Midian. 4 A thousand from each tribe of all the tribes of Israel you shall send to the war.” 5 So there were furnished from the thousands of Israel, a thousand from each tribe, twelve thousand armed for war. 6 Moses sent them, a thousand from each tribe, to the war, and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war with them, and the holy vessels and the trumpets for the alarm in his hand. 7 So they made war against Midian, just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed every male. 8 They killed the kings of Midian along with the rest of their slain: Evi and Rekem and Zur and Hur and Reba, the five kings of Midian; they also killed Balaam the son of Beor with the sword. 9 The sons of Israel captured the women of Midian and their little ones; and all their cattle and all their flocks and all their goods they plundered. 10 Then they burned all their cities where they lived and all their camps with fire. 11 They took all the spoil and all the prey, both of man and of beast. 12 They brought the captives and the prey and the spoil to Moses, and to Eleazar the priest and to the congregation of the sons of Israel, to the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by the Jordan opposite Jericho.

Exodus 21

12 "He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death. ... 15 "He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. 16 "He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death. 17 "He who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. ... 29 "If, however, an ox was previously in the habit of goring and its owner has been warned, yet he does not confine it and it kills a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death.

Exodus 22

19 "Whoever lies with an animal shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 31

14 'Therefore you are to observe the sabbath, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 'For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, holy to the LORD; whoever does any work on the sabbath day shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 35

2 "For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy [day,] a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Leviticus 20

2 "You shall also say to the sons of Israel: 'Any man from the sons of Israel or from the aliens sojourning in Israel who gives any of his offspring to Molech, shall surely be put to death; the people of the land shall stone him with stones. ... 9 'If [there is] anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother, his blood guiltiness is upon him. 10 'If [there is] a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. 11 'If [there is] a man who lies with his father's wife, he has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death, their bloodguiltiness is upon them. 12 'If [there is] a man who lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall surely be put to death; they have committed incest, their bloodguiltiness is upon them. 13 'If [there is] a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. ... 15 'If [there is] a man who lies with an animal, he shall surely be put to death; you shall also kill the animal. 16 'If [there is] a woman who approaches any animal to mate with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. ... 27 'Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their blood guiltiness is upon them.'"

Leviticus 24

16 'Moreover, the one who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall certainly stone him. The alien as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death. 17 'If a man takes the life of any human being, he shall surely be put to death. ... 21 'Thus the one who kills an animal shall make it good, but the one who kills a man shall be put to death.
Leviticus 27
29 'No one who may have been set apart among men shall be ransomed; he shall surely be put to death.

Numbers 1

51 "So when the tabernacle is to set out, the Levites shall take it down; and when the tabernacle encamps, the Levites shall set it up. But the layman who comes near shall be put to death.

Numbers 3

10 "So you shall appoint Aaron and his sons that they may keep their priesthood, but the layman who comes near shall be put to death." ... 38 Now those who were to camp before the tabernacle eastward, before the tent of meeting toward the sunrise, are Moses and Aaron and his sons, performing the duties of the sanctuary for the obligation of the sons of Israel; but the layman coming near was to be put to death.

Numbers 10

35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp."

Numbers 18

7 "But you and your sons with you shall attend to your priesthood for everything concerning the altar and inside the veil, and you are to perform service. I am giving you the priesthood as a bestowed service, but the outsider who comes near shall be put to death."

Numbers 35

16 'But if he struck him down with an iron object, so that he died, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. 17 'If he struck him down with a stone in the hand, by which he will die, and [as a result] he died, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. 18 'Or if he struck him with a wooden object in the hand, by which he might die, and [as a result] he died, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. ... 21 or if he struck him down with his hand in enmity, and [as a result] he died, the one who struck him shall surely be put to death, he is a murderer; the blood avenger shall put the murderer to death when he meets him. ... 30 'If anyone kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death at the evidence of witnesses, but no person shall be put to death on the testimony of one witness. 31 'Moreover, you shall not take ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death.

Deuteronomy 13

5 "But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 17

6 "On the evidence of two witnesses or three witnesses, he who is to die shall be put to death; he shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness.

Deuteronomy 21

22 "If a man has committed a sin worthy of death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree,

Deuteronomy 24

16 "Fathers shall not be put to death for [their] sons, nor shall sons be put to death for [their] fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that it is all there in the Bible.
I disagree that God would NEVER command us to take the life of another.

Exodus 32
25 Now when Moses saw that the people were out of control—for Aaron had let them get out of control to be a derision among their enemies— 26 then Moses stood in the gateof the camp, and said, “Whoever is for the LORD, come to me!” And all the sons of Levigathered together to him. 27 He said to them, “Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, ‘Everyman of you put his sword upon his thigh, and go back and forth from gate to gate in the camp,and kill every man his brother, and every man his friend, and every man his neighbor.’” 28 So the sons of Levi did as Moses instructed, and about three thousand men of the people fellthat day. 29 Then Moses said, “Dedicate yourselves today to the LORD—for every man has been against his son and against his brother—in order that He may bestow a blessing upon you today.”

Numbers 31
1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Take full vengeance for the sons of Israel on the Midianites; afterward you will be gathered to your people.” 3 Moses spoke to the people,saying, “Arm men from among you for the war, that they may go against Midian to execute the LORD’S vengeance on Midian. 4 A thousand from each tribe of all the tribes of Israel you shall send to the war.” 5 So there were furnished from the thousands of Israel, a thousand from each tribe, twelve thousand armed for war. 6 Moses sent them, a thousand from each tribe, to the war, and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war with them, and the holy vessels and the trumpets for the alarm in his hand. 7 So they made war against Midian, just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed every male. 8 They killed the kings of Midian along with the rest of their slain: Evi and Rekem and Zur and Hur and Reba, the five kings of Midian; they also killed Balaam the son of Beor with the sword. 9 The sons of Israel captured the women of Midian and their little ones; and all their cattle and all their flocks and all their goods they plundered. 10 Then they burned all their cities where they lived and all their camps with fire. 11 They took all the spoil and all the prey, both of man and of beast. 12 They brought the captives and the prey and the spoil to Moses, and to Eleazar the priest and to the congregation of the sons of Israel, to the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by the Jordan opposite Jericho.

Exodus 21

12 "He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death. ... 15 "He who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. 16 "He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death. 17 "He who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. ... 29 "If, however, an ox was previously in the habit of goring and its owner has been warned, yet he does not confine it and it kills a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned and its owner also shall be put to death.

Exodus 22

19 "Whoever lies with an animal shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 31

14 'Therefore you are to observe the sabbath, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 'For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, holy to the LORD; whoever does any work on the sabbath day shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 35

2 "For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy [day,] a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Leviticus 20

2 "You shall also say to the sons of Israel: 'Any man from the sons of Israel or from the aliens sojourning in Israel who gives any of his offspring to Molech, shall surely be put to death; the people of the land shall stone him with stones. ... 9 'If [there is] anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother, his blood guiltiness is upon him. 10 'If [there is] a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. 11 'If [there is] a man who lies with his father's wife, he has uncovered his father's nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death, their bloodguiltiness is upon them. 12 'If [there is] a man who lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall surely be put to death; they have committed incest, their bloodguiltiness is upon them. 13 'If [there is] a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. ... 15 'If [there is] a man who lies with an animal, he shall surely be put to death; you shall also kill the animal. 16 'If [there is] a woman who approaches any animal to mate with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. ... 27 'Now a man or a woman who is a medium or a spiritist shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones, their blood guiltiness is upon them.'"

Leviticus 24

16 'Moreover, the one who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall certainly stone him. The alien as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death. 17 'If a man takes the life of any human being, he shall surely be put to death. ... 21 'Thus the one who kills an animal shall make it good, but the one who kills a man shall be put to death.
Leviticus 27
29 'No one who may have been set apart among men shall be ransomed; he shall surely be put to death.

Numbers 1

51 "So when the tabernacle is to set out, the Levites shall take it down; and when the tabernacle encamps, the Levites shall set it up. But the layman who comes near shall be put to death.

Numbers 3

10 "So you shall appoint Aaron and his sons that they may keep their priesthood, but the layman who comes near shall be put to death." ... 38 Now those who were to camp before the tabernacle eastward, before the tent of meeting toward the sunrise, are Moses and Aaron and his sons, performing the duties of the sanctuary for the obligation of the sons of Israel; but the layman coming near was to be put to death.

Numbers 10

35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp."

Numbers 18

7 "But you and your sons with you shall attend to your priesthood for everything concerning the altar and inside the veil, and you are to perform service. I am giving you the priesthood as a bestowed service, but the outsider who comes near shall be put to death."

Numbers 35

16 'But if he struck him down with an iron object, so that he died, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. 17 'If he struck him down with a stone in the hand, by which he will die, and [as a result] he died, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. 18 'Or if he struck him with a wooden object in the hand, by which he might die, and [as a result] he died, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. ... 21 or if he struck him down with his hand in enmity, and [as a result] he died, the one who struck him shall surely be put to death, he is a murderer; the blood avenger shall put the murderer to death when he meets him. ... 30 'If anyone kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death at the evidence of witnesses, but no person shall be put to death on the testimony of one witness. 31 'Moreover, you shall not take ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death.

Deuteronomy 13

5 "But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 17

6 "On the evidence of two witnesses or three witnesses, he who is to die shall be put to death; he shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness.

Deuteronomy 21

22 "If a man has committed a sin worthy of death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree,

That is Old Testament law and you make my point for me. Neither Jesus nor the Father, remember, they are One God, would never want us to do anything resembling that. Jesus ended Jewish Law, it is not even His law, it in no way resembles the teaching of Jesus, it is Mosaic Law, the law of one nation and Jesus told them their god was the devil. John 8:42-44.

Jesus heals the broken hearted, Jewish law breaks hearts.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder who would employ people to do such a thing? Talk about dirty money.
The same people who strive tirelessly to hide and destroy the Truth of God and the Bible. They never sleep.

This world belongs to the enemy for the time being.
1 John 5:19

We are here to rage against the dyng of the light.

John 9:4-5

The number of Christians who truly have the Holy Spirit living within them is growing smaller all the time. When "He who lets - (the restrainer)" is finally out of the way, then shall be utter spiritual darkness; then shall be the night - when wickedness reigns supreme in this world for a time.
2 Thessalonians 2:6-8

Reactions: Abigail