Does 10 Commandments Requires Stoning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i wish to correct you on a few things you may have missed. I never said i was a christian. On the contrary, you will find i tell people the opposite. Im not saved, i do believe in calvinism, and im not “playing” you.
I haven't missed anything. Your profile states you are Christian. It states that because you checked that box when you registered here. You didn't have to do that but you did. And you did that so you could enter the Christians only boards here.

You shouldn't even be allowed on this site. You mock everything it stands for.
And you don't believe in Calvinism. Calvinism is for Christians.

Reactions: Cooper

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't missed anything. Your profile states you are Christian. It states that because you checked that box when you registered here. You didn't have to do that but you did. And you did that so you could enter the Christians only boards here.

You shouldn't even be allowed on this site. You mock everything it stands for.

whew, take some prozac lady. I thought you had me on ignore anyway??

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, false convert. You are the first around here to understand that. Wow, im soooo glad you get it.
For the record, a "false convert" is "unsaved" or "a sinner".
In that case, you have rejected Christ as "Lord and Savior" ... "But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” [Romans 10]

WHY is your issue, not mine. However there is no "middle ground". One either believes and repents or one does not. The WHY is irrelevant excuses.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you. Entirely.

Paul was a murderer of Christians, though. Don't forget.
I remember. But Paul was a Pharisee seeking out apostate Jews who turned from the faith to follow the man the Sanhedrin had condemned worthy of death for blasphemy. Those apostate Jews were just as bad as was Jesus in their opinion.

All that was forgiven when Jesus found Paul on the Damascus road on his way to do more of that kind of work on behalf of the temple. And Jesus changed Paul's mind and heart.
Paul was then what he despised. An apostate Jew. Yet, in the eyes of our Lord he was redeemed by grace through faith.

But there are certainly a pack of wolves here on this forum, and all the other Christian Forums I have frequented over the years. I believe they're employed to be members and discredit Christianity in every way they can. Not necessarily employed by the Forum.

The term shill is actually what they are.

Is he one? I don't know. Could be.
I wonder who would employ people to do such a thing? Talk about dirty money.

Reactions: GEN2REV

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to point out that his signature "I’m not a calvinist by choice." can be interpreted two ways and may be humor.
  1. "God made him believe in Calvinism, he had to choice on the matter."
  2. "He CHOSE to not be a Calvinist - proving Arminian free will" - [which would be a clever double meaning pun on calvinism and "choice"].

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to point out that his signature "I’m not a calvinist by choice." can be interpreted two ways and may be humor.
  1. "God made him believe in Calvinism, he had to choice on the matter."
  2. "He CHOSE to not be a Calvinist - proving Arminian free will" - [which would be a clever double meaning pun on calvinism and "choice"].
I think when he's admitted again just recently that he's not a Christian all else is moot. Now that we're talking about what he's brought forth about himself he starts to show his other colors. Telling me to take a Prozac? lol He's not even able to know what that pharmaceutical is about.

If there are people who are employed, literally paid, to make fools of themselves in forums of this type I have to say, they're not paid enough to be that low of a sell out.

In point of fact, they're the perfect example of why the world needs Jesus. Too many of Satan's minions terrified by the shadow of the cross. Wait till they meet the real thing at the judgment. Where's that money going to get them then? Or just being employed to be examples of damnation with a keyboard and no life.

I would say it's sad but really, it isn't.
They choose!

Because that is who and what they are.
That's not sad either. That's a God given lesson for the rest of us. They're what we could have become if not for the grace of God.

Reactions: Cooper

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think when he's admitted again just recently that he's not a Christian all else is moot. Now that we're talking about what he's brought forth about himself he starts to show his other colors. Telling me to take a Prozac? lol He's not even able to know what that pharmaceutical is about.

If there are people who are employed, literally paid, to make fools of themselves in forums of this type I have to say, they're not paid enough to be that low of a sell out.

In point of fact, they're the perfect example of why the world needs Jesus. Too many of Satan's minions terrified by the shadow of the cross. Wait till they meet the real thing at the judgment. Where's that money going to get them then? Or just being employed to be examples of damnation with a keyboard and no life.

I would say it's sad but really, it isn't.
They choose!

Because that is who and what they are.
That's not sad either. That's a God given lesson for the rest of us. They're what we could have become if not for the grace of God.
"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity." - "devil theory" fallacy by Doc (Logic of Empire, Robert A. Heinlein)
:)

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll have to explain that as it relates to their comment.
I was getting back to the subject of the OP with humor.
You and he disagreed. The conflict was attributed to "sinister intent" (which may or may not be true, I suck at reading minds). The intensity of your religious disagreement encourages people to take "drastic actions" to eliminate the corrupting influence. He is 1000 miles from repenting for anything that he has said or done, because he sees no wrong in his actions.

Now let us apply this to the OT Theocracy created by the Law under Moses and Joshua. GOD has set rules for RIGHT and WRONG. If you are THIS upset with WORDS ... imagine an actual person living in your neighborhood that Murdered, or committed Adultery or a Twenty-something that slapped his parents around (and believes you should mind your own business and tend to YOUR house - leave THEIR house alone).

Does public stoning to eliminate evil and send a warning to other evil-doers that another country might be a better place to live seem so "unthinkable"?

(That was what the humor alluded to).

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was getting back to the subject of the OP with humor.
You and he disagreed. The conflict was attributed to "sinister intent" (which may or may not be true, I suck at reading minds). The intensity of your religious disagreement encourages people to take "drastic actions" to eliminate the corrupting influence. He is 1000 miles from repenting for anything that he has said or done, because he sees no wrong in his actions.

Now let us apply this to the OT Theocracy created by the Law under Moses and Joshua. GOD has set rules for RIGHT and WRONG. If you are THIS upset with WORDS ... imagine an actual person living in your neighborhood that Murdered, or committed Adultery or a Twenty-something that slapped his parents around (and believes you should mind your own business and tend to YOUR house - leave THEIR house alone).

Does public stoning to eliminate evil and send a warning to other evil-doers that another country might be a better place to live seem so "unthinkable"?

(That was what the humor alluded to).

Nothing converts like examples that hurt. How do you convert pagans who don't believe in a fire and brimstone Hell to believe in the God that saves them from that? Burn pagans alive in front of other pagans.

The thing about stoning in the Old Testament was, it didn't apply to anyone else but those who followed God's law.

They didn't stone non-Jews.

Whereas the laws of man today though not incorporating stoning as capital punishment applies to everyone. You are literally killed for your sins. Though the secular vernacular does not refer to them as such, the Christian religious one does.

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is this name an insult to the truth of everyone??? We are all sinners, and sin daily.
Well, because sin is the enemy to a Christian. To proudly label oneself a lifelong sinner gives the impression of unrepentant sin. Doesn't it?

Doesn't it sound like somebody saying, "Yep, I'm a filthy sinner! So what?!!"

It sounds very unholy. Even the worst of Christians try to seem like they care about righteousness and holiness. God is both.

If you're actually not a Christian, I guess it doesn't matter in that way, but it even more so seems like a slap in the face to those who are Christians here on this Christian forum.

And how do you passionately claim to be, and know so much about, Calvinism if you're not even a Christian.

For the record, Christian means follower of Christ and His Ways.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity." - "devil theory" fallacy by Doc (Logic of Empire, Robert A. Heinlein)
:)
Devil theory? From Heinlein?
Heinlein was a Sci-Fi writer who authored Stranger In A Strange Land, his version of a counterculture "bible". He was also an atheist.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[John 3:16-21 ESV]
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."
[John 8:42-47 ESV]
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

[Rom 9:21-24 ESV]
Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory-- even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

There are two sides, two fates, two vessels ... each has a different Father and purpose and destiny.
Here is what the WRATH OF GOD looks like:

[Revelation 14:6-20 ESV]
Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people. And he said with a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water."
Another angel, a second, followed, saying, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who made all nations drink the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality."
And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."
Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Blessed indeed," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!"
Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand. And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud, "Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe." So he who sat on the cloud swung his sickle across the earth, and the earth was reaped.
Then another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. And another angel came out from the altar, the angel who has authority over the fire, and he called with a loud voice to the one who had the sharp sickle, "Put in your sickle and gather the clusters from the vine of the earth, for its grapes are ripe." So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood flowed from the winepress, as high as a horse's bridle, for 1,600 stadia.

The OT God haters who were stoned got off easy. Their death served as a public notice that the God of Israel is a HOLY God.

As Joshua said: "Now therefore fear the LORD and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." [Joshua 24:14-15 ESV]
Wow, you really went out into left ... deeep space ... with that post.

The comment of yours I was replying to was about the symbolic/non-literal 1,000 year period of Rev. 20.

atpollard said:
You might want to avoid the part of Revelations where Jesus deals with the people that revolt after living a thousand years under His personal rule.

None of what you posted there has anything whatsoever to do with that at all.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They didn't stone non-Jews.
I am not an expert on the nuances of the Levitical Law, but I think that it applied to anyone living in the country. The first act when they entered the Promised Land was to KILL or ENSLAVE everyone living there. [God actually ordered all the inhabitants killed or driven out.]

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you really went out into left ... deeep space ... with that post.

The comment of yours I was replying to was about the symbolic/non-literal 1,000 year period of Rev. 20.

None of what you posted there has anything whatsoever to do with that at all.
That’s on you.
75% of my post was about Moses and the Law and 25% was a comment about Revelation … your response was too vague and gave no clue that you were only talking about the “1000 year reign of Christ” in Revelation, so I applied your comment to Moses and the Law.

With respect to Revelation, literal or figurative is irrelevant. It describes Christ ruling, people revolting against His rule, and God cleaning house far more harshly than mere stoning. If stoning bothers you, you should not read about people being STOMPED LIKE GRAPES!

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not an expert on the nuances of the Levitical Law, but I think that it applied to anyone living in the country. The first act when they entered the Promised Land was to KILL or ENSLAVE everyone living there. [God actually ordered all the inhabitants killed or driven out.]
Think about that. The Jews entered the land God promised them. And their first act was to kill or enslave everyone living there.
How then would God's laws apply to anyone else but the killers and enslavers?

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about that. The Jews entered the land God promised them. And their first act was to kill or enslave everyone living there.
How then would God's laws apply to anyone else but the killers and enslavers?
You seem to have implied that non-Jews were exempt. I misunderstood.
Now I merely have no idea what point you were making about the law only applying to the Jews.

US laws only apply in the US. That’s just how laws work.