Does a Christian sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find me one verse anywhere in the New Testament that talks about "sinlessly perfect." I will then talk about it. But if you cannot find just one verse that talks about sin being perfect. Then I say you are making it up as you go along.
Now you are just straining at gnats and nit picking vocabulary. YOu know exactly what I am saying and it speaks of it in Scripture with different words. you are doing all you can to dodge the issue. You are being cagey and dishonest.
either that or you are so pseudo spiritual as to be arrogantly proud.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a hint. It was the Catholics who taught you to not sin makes you perfect. It was not the Apostle Paul.
Heres a hint. No! I do not believe in sinless perfection . As defined it means reaching a state in this life where one no longer sins in thought word or deed, 24/7 until death. By saying you cannot sin anymore y9ou are saying you have reached that state of sinless perfection as I just defined. all the rest is you just playing silly little word games to dodge the issue.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heres a hint. No! I do not believe in sinless perfection . As defined it means reaching a state in this life where one no longer sins in thought word or deed, 24/7 until death. By saying you cannot sin anymore y9ou are saying you have reached that state of sinless perfection as I just defined. all the rest is you just playing silly little word games to dodge the issue.

It's not playing word games when I ask you to not use words that are not in the Bible. It's you that is being dishonest by adding words that are not there.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are just straining at gnats and nit picking vocabulary. YOu know exactly what I am saying and it speaks of it in Scripture with different words. you are doing all you can to dodge the issue. You are being cagey and dishonest.
either that or you are so pseudo spiritual as to be arrogantly proud.
It's seems clear that you cannot find one verse that talks about sinless perfection. Because there are no such words in Scripture. You and the Catholics made it up. Well, they did. You are just going along with it. But it's not biblical and that's why it is not in the Bible.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I had a busy day last night when I replied to you and needed to get some other stuff done. If I had more time last night I would mentioned... yeah it's dishonest to change the Word of God. To delete words that are there or to add words that are not there. That's what you do and when I mention it you say I'm playing word games. Martin Luther did the exact same thing to the Catholics when he spoke to them. He would not let them use words that were not in the Bible if they wanted to talk to him in the hearings they had with him. And it made the Catholics upset and I see it bothers you too.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not playing word games when I ask you to not use words that are not in the Bible. It's you that is being dishonest by adding words that are not there.
Just another dodge. I gave you the definition. It is a biblical definition. If you cannot lower your loftiness to realize that we have nothing left to discuss. You are just dodging the answer

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's seems clear that you cannot find one verse that talks about sinless perfection. Because there are no such words in Scripture. You and the Catholics made it up. Well, they did. You are just going along with it. But it's not biblical and that's why it is not in the Bible.
Show me where Catholics made it up! You know what I am saying and are refusing to answer the question due to your pseudo-spirituality.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a busy day last night when I replied to you and needed to get some other stuff done. If I had more time last night I would mentioned... yeah it's dishonest to change the Word of God. To delete words that are there or to add words that are not there. That's what you do and when I mention it you say I'm playing word games. Martin Luther did the exact same thing to the Catholics when he spoke to them. He would not let them use words that were not in the Bible if they wanted to talk to him in the hearings they had with him. And it made the Catholics upset and I see it bothers you too.
YOu and I are having a discussion. We are talking one on one. Every believer "paraphrases" passages of SCripture. Sinless perfection is just another way of sdaying one cannot sin anymore like you boldly declare of yourself.

You are just using verbal methane to avoid answering that question. Do you commit any more sins at all in thought word or deed, even for a nanosecond? Or will you refuse to answer this as well because the word nanosecond is not in the bible as well???????????????????

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu and I are having a discussion. We are talking one on one. Every believer "paraphrases" passages of SCripture. Sinless perfection is just another way of sdaying one cannot sin anymore like you boldly declare of yourself.

You are just using verbal methane to avoid answering that question. Do you commit any more sins at all in thought word or deed, even for a nanosecond? Or will you refuse to answer this as well because the word nanosecond is not in the bible as well???????????????????

I have answered you many times. You have ears but cannot hear. The Bible says I cannot sin. So how can you ask me if I sin when I tell you I cannot sin. It's impossible because I'm born of God. Here read it for your self...

1 John
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where Catholics made it up! You know what I am saying and are refusing to answer the question due to your pseudo-spirituality.
Okay I will...

I believe God gave us a new nature when we are born again and that this is what the apostle Paul taught. Then where did this idea come from that we are still sinners by nature, and that the spirit of Christ makes our flesh spiritual, but still alive to sin whereby we must with much effort, frustration, and failure be in a battle with our sin nature the rest of our lives? Who taught us that it's not the spirit that has become our new nature, but that after we received Christ within, we still have the old sin nature left as we live the rest of our lives trying to restrain it? If the apostle Paul taught that we do experience a death to our old sin nature once we are baptized into Christ, and that it’s dead and gone and therefore we are dead to sin? Then where did this idea come from that we are still alive to sin? Could it have come from these guys...

The concept of the original sin was first alluded to in the second century by Irenaeus, (Bishop of Lyon) who was working for the Catholics and not for the apostle Paul. Some two hundred years later another church father who went by the name of Augustine, (Bishop of Hippo) whose writings shaped and developed the doctrine of sin as he considered that humanity shared in Adam's sin. Augustine's formulation of the original sin after the year of 412 was popular among protestant reformer's such as Martin Luther and John Calvin, who equated the original sin with a hurtful desire meaning that it persisted even after baptism and therefore completely destroyed the freedom to do good. At first Augustine, said that free will was weakened, but not destroyed by the original sin. But after the year of 412 this concept changed to a loss of free will except to sin, and it's this Augustine's concept that influenced the development of the western church and western philosophy and indirectly all of western Christianity.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just another dodge. I gave you the definition. It is a biblical definition. If you cannot lower your loftiness to realize that we have nothing left to discuss. You are just dodging the answer

I don't see anything biblical coming from you on this subject. You just make stuff up.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I will...

I believe God gave us a new nature when we are born again and that this is what the apostle Paul taught. Then where did this idea come from that we are still sinners by nature, and that the spirit of Christ makes our flesh spiritual, but still alive to sin whereby we must with much effort, frustration, and failure be in a battle with our sin nature the rest of our lives? Who taught us that it's not the spirit that has become our new nature, but that after we received Christ within, we still have the old sin nature left as we live the rest of our lives trying to restrain it? If the apostle Paul taught that we do experience a death to our old sin nature once we are baptized into Christ, and that it’s dead and gone and therefore we are dead to sin? Then where did this idea come from that we are still alive to sin? Could it have come from these guys...

The concept of the original sin was first alluded to in the second century by Irenaeus, (Bishop of Lyon) who was working for the Catholics and not for the apostle Paul. Some two hundred years later another church father who went by the name of Augustine, (Bishop of Hippo) whose writings shaped and developed the doctrine of sin as he considered that humanity shared in Adam's sin. Augustine's formulation of the original sin after the year of 412 was popular among protestant reformer's such as Martin Luther and John Calvin, who equated the original sin with a hurtful desire meaning that it persisted even after baptism and therefore completely destroyed the freedom to do good. At first Augustine, said that free will was weakened, but not destroyed by the original sin. But after the year of 412 this concept changed to a loss of free will except to sin, and it's this Augustine's concept that influenced the development of the western church and western philosophy and indirectly all of western Christianity.
Well you are wrong in several areas of your made up history.

1. We were not talking about original sin.
2. The catholic church did not exist in the 2nd century.
3. where did you get this supposed history?
4. The Catholic Church was never big on loss of free will. And that unsaved man has no free will is a very biblical concept.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you are wrong in several areas of your made up history.

1. We were not talking about original sin.
2. The catholic church did not exist in the 2nd century.
3. where did you get this supposed history?
4. The Catholic Church was never big on loss of free will. And that unsaved man has no free will is a very biblical concept.

See you just make stuff up that is not true. Anybody can google St. Irenaeus, and see from any source like the link below that he was born 120/140, Asia Minor—died 200/203, and read about who he was with.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See you just make stuff up that is not true. Anybody can google St. Irenaeus, and see from any source like the link below that he was born 120/140, Asia Minor—died 200/203, and read about who he was with.

I said I wouldn't respond back but I have to here. sorry.

there is nothing in the article you cited that shows Ireneaus promulgated original sin. Maybe you should read the articles you use as evidence before posting them and looking foolish.

Nor does teh article say anything about free will.

Dodging again , now with quotes that provide nothing to your claims.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said I wouldn't respond back but I have to here. sorry.

there is nothing in the article you cited that shows Ireneaus promulgated original sin. Maybe you should read the articles you use as evidence before posting them and looking foolish.

Nor does teh article say anything about free will.

Dodging again , now with quotes that provide nothing to your claims.

I never look foolish because I know what I'm doing in the biblical field. The link was not to instruct about the original sin but to show who Ireneaus was. Here's a link on the Catholic original sin. I suppose they are wrong too according to you?