Does any one Believe in the 5 fold Ministry Gifts?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Why is it that the Pastor feels like he has to do every thing in our Churches today?Why can't we allow the Five Fold Ministry : Apostle,Prophet,Evangelist,Pastor, and Teacher to function equally together in the Church today?If we did, would'nt our churches be more healthy?Think about it, why do most people leave churches?Mainly because the Pastor lacks the ministry gifts that the other 4 ministry gifts provide.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(jodycour;12907)
Why is it that the Pastor feels like he has to do every thing in our Churches today?Why can't we allow the Five Fold Ministry : Apostle,Prophet,Evangelist,Pastor, and Teacher to function equally together in the Church today?If we did, would'nt our churches be more healthy?Think about it, why do most people leave churches?Mainly because the Pastor lacks the ministry gifts that the other 4 ministry gifts provide.
Yes!!! I am with you on this one! My church is practicing all 5 gifts but Pastor is only doing his pastoring... We have prophets, teacher, evangelists, and of course Apostole is who can obtain and use all 5 gifts. I heard a really good teaching on 5 gifts... My pastor Jentezen Franklin compared these 5 gists to 5 stones David picked up from the stream (for the fight with Goliath) There were 5 stones, 5 gifts, but he only used 1 which is apostole, who covers all 5 gifts. And water represents Holy Spirit, and streaming water is Holy spirit at works (active within a person)And those rocks were good for the fight because they were in that streaming water and were washed constantly to the point of smoothness that allows rock to fly straight right where you want it to go. Rocks with little bumps and ridges don't fly into the target..

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
(jodycour;12907)
Think about it, why do most people leave churches?Mainly because the Pastor lacks the ministry gifts that the other 4 ministry gifts provide.
This seems like a good question to ask. In Australia they did some type of study, but I don't know the specifics, just the results. Here it is (I hope this posts right):
full-242-0.jpg
Here is a link to where I got this: http://www.cra.org.au/images/sshot/full-242-0.jpgWhen I was young, I didn't go to church because I hated Sunday School. I was perfectly happy to go to worship. But I was required to do both or neither. So I picked neither. Of the list I gave, that probably puts me in the category of "I feel uncomfortable with the sort of people who go to church" as my reason when I was a child. It was the people in Sunday School. I was very unhappy when in it.The top reason in the study seems to go along with your idea of there being many ministries, and if people aren't doing the ministries, then the place will seem less fulfilling, perhaps. I think it is not just the main worship service, though, but everything else that goes on in the community. If fellowship after the service is a dead-zone, maybe this affects people to want to come less. I'm not sure that is a good reason or not to pick a church, but it seems to figure prominently in some people's minds.In many cases what we find fulfilling is a function of how we are inside ourselves, and not the thing itself. Like visiting a sick person. What we are like inside strongly affects whether we will find a visit to them to be fulfilling or a total drag.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
In the earlier times it was the Evangilists job to preach the Good News and light the fire of God within the people they did this in tents and groups and traveled around the country. It was the pastors job then to teach the deeper things of God the meat if will. Sunday was the biggest day of the week everyone stopped their Work and attended chuch it lasted for half a day (and they were early risers) then there would be a lunch where church members fellowshiped so the whole Day was about God. Fast forward Our ministers, Pastors have been made to become Evanglists they do teach nor are even taught many of the deeper things of God. They have about 2to3 hours every week to teach Even the ones that do know the deeper things have little time to teach it. Everyone is on fast forward. They come to church with an attitude of hurry up tell me something that will make me feel good so I can get out of here before my football,or baseball game starts and the kids what to get back to their vidieo Games. Thus many churches have become empty of spiritual food.They basically preach repentance and Salvation the good news. they have become Evangilists and God never intended Pastors,ministers to be Evangilists.Evangilist are to bring you to God, Pastors are to lead you into the word of God. Some pastors do a better job than others at doing this. But I dont see it changing much as more and more Pastors ministers have forgotten or never been taught what their true Job should be. They are to busy trying to do it all in a couple hours a week. The peole dont want to hear warnings and things of God that would cause them to change things in thier life just tell me all I have to do is repent from my sins of last week and Im good to go. Fast food Religion.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Amen, Kriss.We have alot of fast food religion in the Church today!Tama that is awesome that your church allows the 5 fold ministry gifts to function properly.If you'll notice the main core group of people that stay in a church where the pastor does everything, are people who are drawn, and need the particular gifts that the pastor is equiped with.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(jodycour;13002)
Amen, Kriss.We have alot of fast food religion in the Church today!Tama that is awesome that your church allows the 5 fold ministry gifts to function properly.If you'll notice the main core group of people that stay in a church where the pastor does everything, are people who are drawn, and need the particular gifts that the pastor is equiped with.
Check out my church website.... 'free chapel' pastor Jentezen Franklin...