Does Christian Universalism sidestep the justice of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For everyone to be saved, despite some completely rejecting a life lived in accord with God's word, is not justice. Salvation implies that someone has chosen to live in accord with God's word. So you cannot have someone saved who rejects a life lived in union with God.
There will be an Age of correction/Restoration/redemption to bring everyone in line with God.

Acts 3:21 NIV
Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interestng when man draws an image like the one in the previous post they need to add the flames even though the record only mentions the earth opening and closing upon them. Just like this OP, its on man to want to add to God's Word and rarely are they willing to accept what is truth. It's subtle small changes over time...the person who did that drawing did not consult the Word just like those who put wings on angels...man made doctrine, like UR.
Its a lack of reading and studying the bible. I love patrick and steven; they can believe what they want that is the freedom God has given them. My encouragement is to read and study it, or dont. Its up to the individual. Many are going to reject the notions of “Christian Universalism” some will cling on to the idea, however whats more important, truth or and idea? To study the bible and seek out God deligently leads to life snd God rewards knowledge to those who do.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its on man to want to add to God's Word and rarely are they willing to accept what is truth.
You mean as you just did in the post above when you claimed, in contradiction to the scripture that I shared, that the damned cease to exist?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God is willingly to have none perish.

And that even means when they go through the fire and flames that are coming from God, many people still believe wrongly that God is sending people to hell. Or Satan is still dragging peoples souls to Hell.

Its not true.

Not if you have faith and trust in the victory of Christ.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 14:11 says in part "...and they have no rest, day or night"

So, yes, according to many English translations and according to mainstream Christianity theology, Jesus causes the damned to suffer every moment forever and ever. Amen!
You have quoted a passage that teaches you the war in mention will be initiated without respite until the enemy and its influence are completely destroyed.

It's rather sad when Christians turn to Revelation to support their erroneous teachings.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its a lack of reading and studying the bible. I love patrick and steven; they can believe what they want that is the freedom God has given them.
Ha, I doubt even they believe that ignorant statement!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is filled with truth and there is nothing wrong with that beautiful, horrible, horrifying, book.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You mean as you just did in the post above when you claimed, in contradiction to the scripture that I shared, that the damned cease to exist?
Only difference is that's the truth. If you look and put away your false ideas on the judgements of the wicked, you will see God does not torture people forever...It would be like him torturing himself if they are as you believe already immortal.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has given everyone free will and the decision to choose. While intellengence and knowledge is great if we cant love one another that is the biggest problem. It seems though many have trouble and issue with believing the lie that everyone still goes to hell today. Thats not true. They also have issue with the Lake of Fire coming from God; which i believe is still viable today.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation is filled with truth and there is nothing wrong with that beautiful, horrible, horrifying, book.
True, just not the truth people want to force up it. When a Christian struggles to support their doctrine where do they go?
Yup!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don"t be miss led...universalism is a false hood.

That is one of many ...new age religion...teachings that is not biblical.

Both of these verses are from the King James Version. The first verse says that Jesus is the savior of ALL men. The second verse, also from the KJV, says that some men are forever punished in the Lake of Fire. So which verse is correct?

1 Timothy 4:10 KJV
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL men, specially of those that believe.

Matthew 25:46 KJV
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even ideas like this tends to separate people from others.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God has given everyone free will and the decision to choose.
Choose whatever is right in their own eyes? Good luck with that theology - as I said, even SteVen would hold fast to his preconceived theological bias and argue with anyone who tried to persuade him otherwise.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, FacetoFace, who wants revelation is to be in the bible? Some may just desire it to be ripped out or ignored. Thats fine; but the fact is to love those who also bring it up must be hard.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There will be an Age of correction/Restoration/redemption to bring everyone in line with God.

Acts 3:21 NIV
Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.
And those who resist? Do not conform to God's truth?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose whatever is right in their own eyes? Good luck with that theology - as I said, even SteVen would hold fast to his preconceived theological bias and argue with anyone who tried to persuade him otherwise.

Lol you don't even know what the Bible says.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing but love to these two individuals. All the best, gotta leave soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.