Does God care more for himself than he cares for us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe God beats us with a broom, not sure about a higher standard...nothing wrong with a moral high standard, I can only live up to God, through the Holy Spirit, pointing things out to me and he certainly does that imo....

Brother....how on earth can we have a higher standard than GOD.

He’s PERFECTION...

No, I don’t believe he holds us to a higher standard.than he holds to himself
I agree.
But I have heard that some Christians understand that Jesus taught us to love our enemies,
but then they turn around and claim he will incinerate His enemies. That is NOT love.

Reactions: Azim and Ritajanice

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After thinking about it (big mistake), I'm now strongly questioning whether expecting God to put us before Himself is a healthy attitude to have.

7 “Now which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him after he comes in from the field, ‘Come immediately and recline at the table to eat’? 8 On the contrary, will he not say to him, ‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink’?" (Luke 17:7-8)

The fact that Christ DID put us (and His Father) before Himself is something to be extremely grateful for (and emulate) precisely BECAUSE it is something we should in no ways expect. (Gosh, we are a generation that feels entitled, aren't we?)

4 Do not look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, as He existed in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself by taking the form of a bond-servant and being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death: death on a cross. (Philippians 2:4-8)

Which is why Grace is Amazing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen

Isn't a major part of the gospel the union of God and man? I think so. If we become one with God, if we are in symbiosis with Him, then does this question even make sense?

How can God prioritize Himself over man, when man has a standing invitation to participate in the Godhead?
Think how a man and a woman become one when they marry and consummate that marriage.
(Genesis 2:24,Matthew 19:5,Mark 10:8,Ephesians 5:31,1 Corinthians 6:16)

YET, look at what 1 Corinthians 11:13 says....

But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

If the man is head over the woman who is one flesh with him, surly God... the creator.... can certainly "prioritize" Himself over man even in a union.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GODS ELECT, ZADOK.

Let me make this clear to everyone. God appointed me shepherd over Israel and gentiles.

I don't have lot patience for nonsense.

The election are predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. God judged the election in first earth age, romans chapter 8 to document.

The election don't have free will.
The position for Elect can't be volunteered for.

What would happen if someone impersonating a cop??
Serious consequences !!.

We have some false brethren who are self appointed. God didn't send them !!.

Jeremiah chapter 23 to document.

Every generation there's holy seed. It's God's Elect, Isaiah chapter 6 to document.

Each generation has leader of the church.

One of God's Elect may get to old. Jesus picks another to carry on the mantle. Get the picture.

Jesus doesn't play favorites.

Yes. Theirs other Elect. One will stand out, humbly speaking.

There's many people who don't have holy spirit. They have spirit of stupor. The wicked don't have spirit of stupor. We have two different categories.

Romans chapter 11 to document, some people have spirit of stupor.
God's Election have holy spirit.

Reprobates are romans 1:28/1:18
2 Timothy 3:8
Titus 1:16 . Reprobates are corrupt and worthless. Habitual sinners applys.

John 14;26. Don't have holy spirit. Selfishness. Corrupt. Close minded.

Second group. Our ancestors or aunts or uncles or grand parents. They do love God. But churches programmes them from early age. They were manipulated and brainwashed by some denominations.

Gods Elect try to reprogram them by planting seeds. During millennium, this group has opportunity for eternal life. They didn't have prayer of chance in the flesh. Get the picture.

The reprobates will follow satan into lake of fire on judgement day.

I'm not judging anyone.

Jesus wants the truth told.

I won't sugar coat Gods word for you.

God's Elect, Zadok.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of God's Elect may get to old. Jesus picks another to carry on the mantle. Get the picture.

"Jesus doesn't play favorites"? - LOL
Your whole post is about election and a lack of free will.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not judging anyone.

How can there be any reprobates if EVERYONE is predestined to either life or destruction?
Nonsense. Reprobation requires free-will.
"I'm not judging anyone."? Appears you are judging, or should I say pre-judging everyone. ???

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GODS ELECT, ZADOK.

Let me make this clear to everyone. God appointed me shepherd over Israel and gentiles.

I don't have lot patience for nonsense.

The election are predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. God judged the election in first earth age, romans chapter 8 to document.

The election don't have free will.
The position for Elect can't be volunteered for.

What would happen if someone impersonating a cop??
Serious consequences !!.

We have some false brethren who are self appointed. God didn't send them !!.

Jeremiah chapter 23 to document.

Every generation there's holy seed. It's God's Elect, Isaiah chapter 6 to document.

Each generation has leader of the church.

Yes. Theirs other Elect. One will stand out, humbly speaking.

There's many people who don't have holy spirit. They have spirit of stupor. The wicked don't have spirit of stupor. We have two different categories.

Romans chapter 11 to document, some people have spirit of stupor.
God's Election have holy spirit.

Reprobates are romans 1:28/1:18
2 Timothy 3:8
Titus 1:16 . Reprobates are corrupt and worthless. Habitual sinners applys.

John 14;26. Don't have holy spirit. Selfishness. Corrupt. Close minded.

Second group. Our ancestors or aunts or uncles or grand parents. They do love God. But churches programmes them from early age. They were manipulated and brainwashed by some denominations.

Gods Elect try to reprogram them by planting seeds. During millennium, this group has opportunity for eternal life. They didn't have prayer of chance in the flesh. Get the picture.

I'm not judging anyone.

I won't sugar coat Gods word for you.

God's Elect, Zadok.
Well you neglect to mention that only certain ones have been predestined, chosen before foundation of the world.

Jeremiah: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 139: Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Ephesians 1: Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

Isaiah 44: Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

Go ahead.... check them all out ... and the rest that are in the 4 corners of the Holy Bible and you will see this
does not apply to everyone... but those who God had a plan for.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you neglect to mention that only certain ones have been predestined, chosen before foundation of the world.

Jeremiah: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 139: Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Ephesians 1: Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

Isaiah 44: Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

Go ahead.... check them all out ... and the rest that are in the 4 corners of the Holy Bible and you will see this
does not apply to everyone... but those who God had a plan for.
I didn't neglect certain ones are predestined. All of God's Elect have holy spirit and are chosen before foundation of the world, ephesians chapter 1, first Peter chapter 1.

When individual achievers more spirtual growth, Jesus will use the that Elect individual for more crucial things.

You don't like my honesty and direct frankness.

Apostle Paul was known to be most zeal for God and very bold. Lot of people didn't like Paul.

Body of christ is unity and for edifying.
Let's keep it this way.
I moved on to other subjects.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can there be any reprobates if EVERYONE is predestined to either life or destruction?
Nonsense. Reprobation requires free-will.
"I'm not judging anyone."? Appears you are judging, or should I say pre-judging everyone. ???
With all do respect. Your not very bright.

I broke down two groups to you.

Isaiah chapter 6. One group has a spirit of stupor. They have spirtual blindness. This group doesn't have holy spirit.

Second group. These are reprobates, habitual sinners. They don't have holy spirit. 2 Corinthians 13:7.
2 Corinthians 1:1
Proverbs 13:6

This group is corrupt. They are habitual sinners. Wont repent and conform to God's standard.

They are incapable of performing God's functions of moral discrimination. They suppress the truth. Even teach tradition of men and false doctrine.

Jeremiah 6:30. Reprobate silver is rejected. The silver is tested and found flawed or false.

Reprobates miss the mark. This group won't repent. They wont conform to God's standard. Not sincere and diligent towards God.

Romans chapter 1, God judges the reprobates. Gods Elect practice spirtual discernment. The election tell the truth.

ADOKIMOS in Greek means = unworthy, worthless cast away. They resist holy spirit. Reprobates are only fit for the dung hill. They failed the test.
Thier deeds words give them away.

Other group are spiritually dead. They went to church all thier life, and were manipulated and taught traditions of men. Some of them do love God. They didn't know any better. During millennium, they will have opportunity for eternal life.

Second group. Reprobates. They follow satan into lake of fire at end of millennium. They wont repent and conform to God's standard.

Amazon is to ambiguous.

Hall mark is up your alley. Simple card for the simple minded.

No, I don't judge people. I practice spirtual discernment. Jesus is the judge.

I'm not wasting any more time on this thread. I moved on to other subjects.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hall mark is up your alley. Simple card for the simple minded.

No, I don't judge people. I practice spirtual discernment. Jesus is the judge.
LOL
Did you really write that? (appears so)
He says I'm not too bright.
Calls me simple minded and then claims he doesn't judge people. - LOL

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never did hear back from the fruitless one.
@Lambano
I visited an apple orchard yesterday.
We had somewhat of a drought this year, but it didn't harm the orchard.
The trees were loaded with apples. Big, plump, and juicy.

Encountered the man who does the harvesting.
He encouraged us to stuff our pockets full of apples.
He said he was trying to get rid of them.

When we got to the store at the end of our walk through the orchard
we were wanting to buy some apples. But my wife only wanted a half bag.
So, I asked the same guy if we could buy a half bag. He rolled his eyes and asked,
"Don't you eat apples?!!" - LOL
... Okay, okay, we'll take a whole bag.

Reminded me of our fruit discussion here.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano
I visited an apple orchard yesterday.
We had somewhat of a drought this year, but it didn't harm the orchard.
The trees were loaded with apples. Big, plump, and juicy.

Encountered the man who does the harvesting.
He encouraged us to stuff our pockets full of apples.
He said he was trying to get rid of them.

When we got to the store at the end of our walk through the orchard
we were wanting to buy some apples. But my wife only wanted a half bag.
So, I asked the same guy if we could buy a half bag. He rolled his eyes and asked,
"Don't you eat apples?!!" - LOL
... Okay, okay, we'll take a whole bag.

Reminded me of our fruit discussion here.
Your real arrogant. You don't know the difference between free will and predestined.
It shows your ignorance and envy. You know your not one of God's Elect. Your reprobate!!.

You don't respect me.
I sure in hell don't respect you.

As far as judging. I gave my personal assessment on you. False accusations come easy by your ignorant hatred.

You made number of personal attacks on me. Deuteronomy chapter 32, our enemies have become our judges. Your doing it.

Reprobates have free will. Gods Elect don't have free will.
Difference is. You won't repent and conform to God's standard. Your fake. Your driven by envy. I'm not judging you. I'm telling you the truth.

Accusations are your principal. Your spirtualty dead and you know it!!.

Fruitless. Your the dead branch. Dead works. I'm disgusted.

You made it personal. I won't be bullied by you !!.
Have nice life.

• Haha