Does God care more for himself than he cares for us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does God care more for himself than he cares for us?​

OP ~

Interesting wonderment…

God is Love and Without Beginning…
I would say He Loved Himself First.

Care MORE…?
How much MORE could God care than to Prepare a body of flesh and blood for Himself and give it unto Death for the LIFE of the world?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the topic title.
Did you read the opening post?
Post #1, if I need to be specific.

/

Yes that is the topic title posted by the Original Poster, which was you.

Clearly I responded to the Original Poster’s OPENING POSTED title. .
If I had responded to your opening POST, you should have noticed a copy of YOUR Post above MY Post.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is the topic title posted by the Original Poster, which was not you.

Clearly I responded to the Original Poster’s OPENING POSTED title. .
If I had responded to your opening POST, you should have noticed a copy of YOUR Post above MY Post.
Always a pleasure doing business with you. (sigh)
Can you find someone else to torment?

/

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll have to stop making your topic titles so darn provocative.
@St. SteVen

Opening Posted Titles allow anyone to respond and address the Title, whether or not the Poster creating the Title is BLOCKED by the responder or not.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The image of a God that is disappointed with us, because we don't measure up. Shakes His head when he sees us.
This is not what I see in God. I see a loving heavenly Father.
I've spoken with quite a few posters whose only motivation for following Jesus is to avoid the post-mortem deep-fat-fryer. Makes me wonder what kind of earthly fathers they had. One of my best childhood friends had a father who (he perceived) was constantly disappointed in him. He felt like nothing was ever good enough for his father. His mother, on the other hand, was the neighborhood mom, one of the kindest, most loving women you'd ever hope to meet. My wife, ever the judge of character, asked, "How in the hell did those two ever get married?"

I remember as a teen-ager when my perspective changed, and my motivation changed from wanting to avoid punishment to wanting to do things that made my parents happy. Because making them happy made me happy, which is pretty close to the definition of love. Twenty years ago, I had a similar change of perspective (or should I say, change of mind; Gr. μετανοέω) and I saw God... differently. I'm not sure what God did there, but it made a world of difference. I couldn't have gone on with the "disappointed father" mindset.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, How Can God, be JUST, and TRUE, and LOVE< and RIGHT.......if God wont choose you to be born again, to become the "elect", and then sends you to hell for being a Christ rejector.....= When God Himself... caused you not to be a believer?

See that?
That is INSANITY, and that is what "pre-destined" means....It means that you go to hell for being a Christ rejector, because God wont choose you to Believe.
Calvinism preaches a duplicitous god. God is not duplicitous.

James 1:17

[17]Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Online source.

We will call this his “sovereign will” or his “will of decree.” It cannot be broken. It always comes to pass. “He does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, 'What have you done? '” (Daniel 4:35).

Psalm 115:3
Sister, always interpret scripture with scripture because God doesn't contradict Himself.

Ezekiel 33:11

[11]Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

The key principle that speaks to God's character is that He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but calls them to turn (a choice) and to (choose to) repent.

Reactions: Cassandra

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've spoken with quite a few posters whose only motivation for following Jesus is to avoid the post-mortem deep-fat-fryer.
So true.
Years ago on a forum far away... I saw a topic that asked the question:
"If there was no afterlife, would you still follow Jesus?"

I was shocked at the response. The OVERWHELMING majority of Christian respondents said, "No!"
To them (even after I pleaded for clarification), there was no value to following Christ in the here and now.
Others couldn't even wrap their head around the question. "How can there be a Jesus with no afterlife?"
Seriously? (sigh)

Makes me wonder what kind of earthly fathers they had.
I heard once, and I think it is true all too often, that if you ask someone to describe their father,
they probably just realed their view of God the Father to you. Distant? Abusive? Angry? Gone?

One of my best childhood friends had a father who (he perceived) was constantly disappointed in him. He felt like nothing was ever good enough for his father. His mother, on the other hand, was the neighborhood mom, one of the kindest, most loving women you'd ever hope to meet. My wife, ever the judge of character, asked, "How in the hell did those two ever get married?"
Opposites attract, I hear. (and observe)
Than God for the good parent that balances the bad parent.

I remember as a teen-ager when my perspective changed, and my motivation changed from wanting to avoid punishment to wanting to do things that made my parents happy. Because making them happy made me happy, which is pretty close to the definition of love. Twenty years ago, I had a similar change of perspective (or should I say, change of mind; Gr. μετανοέω) and I saw God... differently.
Maturity means growing out of childhood. It takes us that long to finally wake up.

I'm not sure what God did there, but it made a world of difference. I couldn't have gone on with the "disappointed father" mindset.
Yes! The proper perspective of God makes all the difference. A literal change in the spiritual atmosphere.

/

• Love
Reactions: Lambano

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've spoken with quite a few posters whose only motivation for following Jesus is to avoid the post-mortem deep-fat-fryer.
LOL
That's quite a view of God, isn't it?
Do you remember this parody? - LOL

Person #1: Receive the free gift of eternal life.
Person #2: No thanks.
Person #1: I said it was free.
Person #2: There must be some strings attached.
Person #1: Well, of course.
Person #2: It's not a free gift then, right?
Person #1: You had better take it... or else!
Person #2: Say what?
Person #1: Otherwise you will be incinerated!
Person #2: What sort of free gift is that?

Indeed.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So true.
Years ago on a forum far away... I saw a topic that asked the question:
"If there was no afterlife, would you still follow Jesus?"

I was shocked at the response. The OVERWHELMING majority of Christian respondents said, "No!"
To them (even after I pleaded for clarification), there was no value to following Christ in the here and now.
Others couldn't even wrap their head around the question. "How can there be a Jesus with no afterlife?"
Seriously? (sigh)
I remember my first home Bible study group. Our leader had had some kind of mystical encounter with Jesus in Christian youth camp as a teenager, and he'd been running off that gasoline ever since. He said that if there was no afterlife, it was enough for him to have known Jesus in THIS life. At the time, I told him he was nuts, and quoted 1 Corinthians 15:19 at him: If it is for this life only that we have hoped in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied. (Evangelical culture is not kind to mystics.) I still believe that, but I wouldn't be so cock-sure about it now as I was then.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maturity means growing out of childhood. It takes us that long to finally wake up.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I became a man, I put away childish things. (1 Corinthians 13:11)

Except I can't make any claim to maturity. I'm still amused by potty humor.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... quoted 1 Corinthians 15:19 at him: If it is for this life only that we have hoped in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied. (Evangelical culture is not kind to mystics.)
I think the topic reaction was mostly fueled by that scripture. (or the misuse of it)

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Except I can't make any claim to maturity. I'm still amused by potty humor.
Dr. James Dobson used to say: "Just about the time your face clears up, your mind goes fuzzy." - LOL

Yes, I love potty humor.
What is white, has three holes, and a skid mark?

Tighty whities.

/

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that a threat from the Encounter Team?
Or a personal threat?

/
Speaking of BLOCKED as an example is not at all a threat to anyone from anyone.

Don’t try to make something out of nothing.