Doe's God Destroy The Sole ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"She also experienced seeing Angels flying as she was riding in a car with her mother, and they passed by a cemetery. She said to her mother to look and see the Angels flying, but her mother could not see them."
This happened to my older sister, while we were young and dad was driving...she swore she saw an angel flying upwards as we passed a large, fancy Catholic Church. They have a lot of statues of angels all about the building but, she swore it was flying, and I believed her...who knows?

As far as the Earth being "void", I was just referring to when the Earth will once again be "destroyed" as in the flood, but with fire hence, cleansing the Earth back to right before God created it "in the beginning", when it was with out form, and void of any life...and since we will have a "New Earth", would He not simply restore the Earth by, again simply speaking it into existence/perfection or "very good" as it was in the beginning? JMHO ♥

Studying the passages and looking up the Greek word meanings shows God will remove the subatomic forces holding the molecules together in creation will simply fly apart.

Then he will put it back together as it was in Genesis 1:1.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am speaking of void as being empty, completely empty.
*Void* (empty) was before anything was created. *Devoid* is after the curse of sin, bacteria,contamination, corruption, death, decay,diseases, entropy, pollution, radioactivity, viruses, etc. have left their mark on the surface and sub-surface of the earth as well as the surrounding atmosphere. Which must now be cleansed and sterilized by supernatural fire in order to purify everything. That is when God says "Behold, I make all things new".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"She also experienced seeing Angels flying as she was riding in a car with her mother, and they passed by a cemetery. She said to her mother to look and see the Angels flying, but her mother could not see them."
This happened to my older sister, while we were young and dad was driving...she swore she saw an angel flying upwards as we passed a large, fancy Catholic Church. They have a lot of statues of angels all about the building but, she swore it was flying, and I believed her...who knows?

As far as the Earth being "void", I was just referring to when the Earth will once again be "destroyed" as in the flood, but with fire hence, cleansing the Earth back to right before God created it "in the beginning", when it was with out form, and void of any life...and since we will have a "New Earth", would He not simply restore the Earth by, again simply speaking it into existence/perfection or "very good" as it was in the beginning? JMHO ♥

IMO ~
There are always four things to consider, about God, when God acts...
1) His own thoughts/plan/idea/Will
2) His own Word that speaks, things to be.
3) His own Power that effects, His Will

All three always work together.
And God asks no counsel of any of His creations, but rather His counsel, IS among His own Will, Word, Power.

4) What He reveals as the "change", "making" different, for the things He "created".

There are numerous Scriptures about the World / World(s), Heaven/Heaven(s), Earth, and so it shall be on Earth as it is IN Heaven.
Heaven ON Earth. Earth meshed with Heaven?

What God claims, as WHOLLY Whole and Holy, removed from the earth, and the Earth renewed.

OT men got their knowledge, from Noah's experience. Lifting the ark, ABOVE, the face of the waters, ABOVE the destruction upon the Earth.
(That preserved a handful of people, out of the Earths small population, and the specific animals.)
  1. [37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
  2. [38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Gen 7
[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

NT info. Which casts the focus to the people on the Earth, not prepared: not paying attention, when the people at large, are more focused on "entertainment", than the Word of God...their ears are closed and the "work" of Godly men is coming to a close.

Matt 24
[37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

The closing of the peoples ears, is a SIGN.
The Above the earth, is a FACT.
The MAKING of Changes upon the Earth, is a FACT.
The "full knowledge" of the Making...
(I think John ate that info!!)
The Understanding of "Above the Earth"...
(For millions of People, is NOT Believable to some, and NOT all at ONCE, and the endless debate.)

Your sister ?
I believe with quite probability she did experience that.
For the child I was speaking about, she is 14 now. And we live over 1,000 miles apart. I intend hopefully, God willing, to be in her area in the next year or so, and want to arrange to spend some time with her to talk about what she experienced. I am curious about the Names. I remember they were very strange, unlike what an English speaking child may have heard from common playmates. May be a lost memory to her, IDK.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't lack understanding. And I know how to read literal words.

When it says God foreknew who would love him that was not conditional.

when he says he predestines them all the way to glorification that is literal and without condition.

So when anybody says you can lose your salvation, which I have dealt with many such claims in the past, it has always been because they did not understand what was claim versus said. Often due to the archaic English of the KJV.

I agree, foreknew...as in, there is NOTHING new "under the sun". God Knows...man is always the student in discovery of what God knows.

I agree, about Understanding. For mankind, it begins with the MIND(S) of every individual man... it is "supposed" to be a "quest", beyond the mans MIND, (who, thinks, ponders, weighs information and lands on a logical conclusion...as fact) TO: Gods Understanding (which supercedes mans trivial Minds Understanding, to the point, mans Minds Understanding, is but foolishness).

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Heaven, not Heavens. Just like it will in eternity,

I do believe it was Heaven created, Heavens made.

After the war in heaven, God wrapped the earth in a blank of the darkness to cloak the fallen angels imprisoned there in hell, which he also created.

The war in heaven ravaged the earth, rendering it shapeless and void.

Can't comment to that.

It should not be called the six days of creation, but the six days of remaking.

Can't agree with that. Something must be created, Before it can be "made".

Notice nothing in them six days are called perfect.

Correct. It was called "good".

The "habitat" created first.
The "inhabitants" created thereafter.
Created "good"..."Not Perfect"...
Consider the "inhabitants", created with "freewill" ability.
Pretty Confidant, God KNEW, "freewill" inhabitants, would quickly become, evil and wicked on a large scale.

That is what's so troubling about such as the KJV. It reads that God created the earth shapeless and void.

I have no issue with that.
Earth is simply DRY LAND.
Even I can plop a pile of (dry land), and then shape it...I am sure God quite capable of creating the (dry land), setting it among waters, and shaping it with valley's, mountains, etc. as He desired.

And Void? Yes, until He MADE the Seas, the Garden, scattered seeds outside of the Garden, molded some dry earth, called it a man, blew life into that man, and put him in the Garden.
This is a deep study all of it's own.

But the angels in heaven watched God create the earth and thought it was beautiful. Does not sound like shapeless and boy does it?

ORDER...Everything has an ORDER.
Angels could not "watch" until they had been created.
Angels could not be "created" until their habitat was created.
They "watched" the DRY LAND appear, in the midst of Water.
They "watched" as the DRY LAND was "shaped".
They "watched" as the Inhabitant (man), was formed and molded from the Dry Land.
Etc. Etc.
And TWO morning Stars (sang)
And All the other celestial bodies, (shouted for joy).

The earth was inhabited, then the desolate, remade and repopulated.

Uh, skips too much. Again, that is an indepth study, going step by step.

I know for most it sounds like science fiction, meth and nonbiblical. But that is what the Bible says.

Will just say, Gods supernatural Being, and Science (in brief, mans discoveries of Gods handiwork), both have a place in Scripture.
(It is the accreditation that falls short, IMO).

Yep. Heaven, not Heavens. Just like it will in eternity,

Future agree, ONE Heaven, ONE Lord God, ONE Name....currently, 3 Heavens, 3 called One God, Multiple names and titles. That is passing (in that day) from good to Perfection being revealed. IMO.

Zech 14: 9
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There seems to be lot's of interpretations in certain Christian circles when it comes to the truth, ha! It seems silly to NOT want to receive ALL of it. And, as you say John, we might not, as yet understand all of His Truth (and may never, lol) our faith comes in ♥
There was a "truth" that had kept me from submitting my WHOLE self to Jesus. It got me no where, fast! Four plus years of holding onto the lie. When finally receiving that truth, it was the first time I personally understood what "His Grace is sufficient" meant.
:)
Just keep on, keepin' on! That is all any one of us can do. If we hold on and keep asking Him for help and striving with all we have, He will most certainly not fail us, although at times we may wonder at His apparent silence. Eventually He will speak to our hearts and encourage us in Him. Why are we tried this way? I guess we could find a complicated answer, but the simple answer is that that is the Way God is working. Where else could we go but to Him and with Him?

Give God the glory!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear what you're saying. All I'm saying is God AIDS us in our study of the Bible. He does not simply embed the knowledge in us.
I do agree!
You are too embedded in Pentecostalism to see what the Bible says on the issue.
Embedded? I am afraid you really do not understand at all where I have been and where I am.

I grew up as a devout Catholic, if you can understand that. I was into oneness Jesus only which is a type of what you call Pentecostalism. God took me out of both of them as I studied and prayed [talked with Him]. The former [Catholicism]I left in about 1961 not long after high school graduation. The latter I entered in 1976 and it was with them I first learned to read and study the Bible. I left them in 1987 and have continued from there essentially on my own with God although trying to listen and learn from people both in and outside of organized church groups. In 2002 I had a major break through with God and He has drawn me toward Him from that point with ups and downs. When I read and pray each and every morning now, I let myself all of the way down to the bottom, so God can lift me back up and He has and He does.

God gave us the Bible and commands us to study it for knowledge.
I have done this faithfully since 1976 with the exception of a 10 year period ending in about 2002. My mistake in the earlier period of years beginning in 1976 is that I thought I could learn the Bible and move closer to God from reading and intensive study alone. I looked to this verse:

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" II Tim 2:15

I studied hard those years and was able to quote a lot of verses in scripture even though I never intentionally worked toward memorization. I was trusting my brain and my ability to learn anything... or so I thought.

When God drew me back to Him in 2002 He showed me where I had been in my Bible studies during that earlier period:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of the making of many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

When God brought me back, I had burned out my brain. All of that information I had been storing away was gone. I could no longer retain as I once could. My flesh was weaker in this respect than it had ever been. But, in spite of this He helped me with my Spanish and German Bible reading abilities. Those improved in time when I began to read them daily along with my English Bibles.

According to my flesh I had been studying for all of those years from 1976 and filling my brain with information rather than letting God work as He wanted to do within me. The other verse, II Timothy 2:15, I find to be a command to obey to receive God's approval and as a means to eat the flesh of Jesus as per John 6:53. II Timothy 2:15 calls us to obey, but it is NOT directly the means to learn the things of God. Those come as per this verse:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" John 14:26

The Comforter is the quickening Spirit that if allowed to do so will bring to Life the flesh of Jesus we have eaten. It is the Blood that quickens those words of scripture we have consumed so that according to God's time we will have what is needed when it is needed according to Him.

Now, I cannot quote any verses from memory unless they are very short such as "Jesus wept". Even the ability to accurately quoting John 3:16 eludes me. But when the Holy Spirit directs me when something is needed without the memory of precise words as per any written translation of the scriptures.

God expects us to use our God-given abilities and intelligence to learn.
Yes, God expects us to use everything He has given us, but we need to always use these things in accord with His Way rather than our own. I did it my own way before and God corrected me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do agree!

Embedded? I am afraid you really do not understand at all where I have been and where I am.

I grew up as a devout Catholic, if you can understand that. I was into oneness Jesus only which is a type of what you call Pentecostalism. God took out of both of them as I studied and prayed [talked with Him]. The former [Catholicism]I left in about 1961 not long after high school graduation. The latter I entered in 1976 and it was with them I first learned to read and study the Bible. I left them in 1987 and have continued from there essentially on my own with God although trying to listen and learn from people both in and outside of organized church groups. In 2002 I had a major break through with God and He has drawn me toward Him from that point with ups and downs. When I read and pray each and every morning now, I let myself all of the way down to the bottom, so God can lift me back up and He has and He does.

I have done this faithfully since 1976 with the exception of a 10 year period ending in about 2002. My mistake in the earlier period of years beginning in 1976 is that I thought I could learn the Bible and move closer to God from reading and intensive study alone. I looked to this verse:

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" II Tim 2:15

I studied hard those years and was able to quote a lot of verses in scripture even though I never intentionally worked toward memorization. I was trusting my brain and my ability to learn anything... or so I thought.

When God drew me back to Him in 2002 He showed me where I had been in my Bible studies during that earlier period:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of the making of many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

When God brought me back, I had burned out my brain. All of that information I had been storing away was gone. I could no longer retain as I once could. My flesh was weaker in this respect that it had ever been. But, in spite of this He helped me with my Spanish and German Bible reading abilities. Those improved in time when I began to read them daily along with my English Bibles.

According to my flesh I had been studying for all of those years from 1976 and filling my brain with information rather than letting God work as He wanted to do within me. The other verse, II Timothy 2:15, I find to be a command to obey to receive God's approval and as a means to eat the flesh of Jesus as per John 6:53. II Timothy 2:15 calls us to obey, but it is NOT directly the means to learn the things of God. Those come as per this verse:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" John 14:26

The Comforter is the quickening Spirit that if allowed to do so will bring to Life the flesh of Jesus we have eaten. It is the Blood that quickens those words of scripture we have consumed so that according to God's time we will have what is needed when it is needed according to Him.

Now, I cannot quote any verses from memory unless they are very short such as "Jesus wept". Even the ability to accurately quoting John 3:16 eludes me. But when the Holy Spirit directs me when something is needed without the memory of precise words as per any written translation of the scriptures.

Yes, God expects us to use everything He has given us, but we need to always use these things in accord with His Way rather than our own. I did it my own way before and God corrected me.

We all have walked different roads in life.

I have been a Bible only nondenominational believer since 1962.

I've studied other religions, cults and denominations since very early on.

God guides us all but the truths never change. They are the same for all of us, whether we accept them or not.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just keep on, keepin' on! That is all any one of us can do. If we hold on and keep asking Him for help and striving with all we have, He will most certainly not fail us, although at times we may wonder at His apparent silence. Eventually He will speak to our hearts and encourage us in Him. Why are we tried this way? I guess we could find a complicated answer, but the simple answer is that that is the Way God is working. Where else could we go but to Him and with Him?

Give God the glory!

He has not failed me yet! And it is a wonderful thing to look back on the answered prayers you forgot you even prayed! It's like a huge light bulb lighting up your spirit! But then...even answered prayer can be another trial :oops: ...I am always careful for what I pray for anymore, haha.
I look at our trials as opportunities to strengthen our faith, and grow it stronger yet. And yes, "apparent silence"!!! ;) We pray for eyes to see ♥

And, yes indeed- Give God the glory!

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO ~
There are always four things to consider, about God, when God acts...
1) His own thoughts/plan/idea/Will
2) His own Word that speaks, things to be.
3) His own Power that effects, His Will

All three always work together.
And God asks no counsel of any of His creations, but rather His counsel, IS among His own Will, Word, Power.

4) What He reveals as the "change", "making" different, for the things He "created".

There are numerous Scriptures about the World / World(s), Heaven/Heaven(s), Earth, and so it shall be on Earth as it is IN Heaven.
Heaven ON Earth. Earth meshed with Heaven?

What God claims, as WHOLLY Whole and Holy, removed from the earth, and the Earth renewed.

OT men got their knowledge, from Noah's experience. Lifting the ark, ABOVE, the face of the waters, ABOVE the destruction upon the Earth.
(That preserved a handful of people, out of the Earths small population, and the specific animals.)
  1. [37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
  2. [38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Gen 7
[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

NT info. Which casts the focus to the people on the Earth, not prepared: not paying attention, when the people at large, are more focused on "entertainment", than the Word of God...their ears are closed and the "work" of Godly men is coming to a close.

Matt 24
[37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

The closing of the peoples ears, is a SIGN.
The Above the earth, is a FACT.
The MAKING of Changes upon the Earth, is a FACT.
The "full knowledge" of the Making...
(I think John ate that info!!)
The Understanding of "Above the Earth"...
(For millions of People, is NOT Believable to some, and NOT all at ONCE, and the endless debate.)

Your sister ?
For the child I was speaking about, she is 14 now. And we live over 1,000 miles apart. I intend hopefully, God willing, to be in her area in the next year or so, and want to arrange to spend some time with her to talk about what she experienced. I am curious about the Names. I remember they were very strange, unlike what an English speaking child may have heard from common playmates. May be a lost memory to her, IDK.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

"
Your sister ?
For the child I was speaking about, she is 14 now. And we live over 1,000 miles apart. I intend hopefully, God willing, to be in her area in the next year or so, and want to arrange to spend some time with her to talk about what she experienced. I am curious about the Names. I remember they were very strange, unlike what an English speaking child may have heard from common playmates. May be a lost memory to her, IDK."

I would be very curious to hear what she might remember from that experience.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
Your sister ?
For the child I was speaking about, she is 14 now. And we live over 1,000 miles apart. I intend hopefully, God willing, to be in her area in the next year or so, and want to arrange to spend some time with her to talk about what she experienced. I am curious about the Names. I remember they were very strange, unlike what an English speaking child may have heard from common playmates. May be a lost memory to her, IDK."

I would be very curious to hear what she might remember from that experience.

I'll let you know when I know.

God Bless,
Taken

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Doe's 1st Corinithians 3:16-17, mean that if a Christian takes their own life, God Will destroy their sole?

the soul goes back to the Father.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the soul goes back to the Father.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 New International Version (NIV)

7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doe's 1st Corinithians 3:16-17, mean that if a Christian takes their own life, God Will destroy their sole?

Many people call themselves and others Christians...so to clarify...

A Converted Christian's soul will never, no matter what, be departed of life or be destroyed.

Since the revelation of Jesus; that He is the Christ;
A person who has not chosen, (before his physical death/ or before Gods Great Wrath)to become Converted, (saved and born again IN Christ)....it is his soul, that life shall be departed out from his soul, and his soul destroyed.

Glory to God,
Taken

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome PWS. I'm sure you meant "soul", and no, God does not destroy souls (as in annihilate them).

"Destroy" in this verse means to destroy the body, either through disease or premature death (assuming the man is saved) -- To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, [body] that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.(1 Cor 5:5)

Apologies if I'm wearing this point out. What are the chances that "flesh," in this case, is referencing the Sinful State of this youngsters heart? Paul also wrote Colossians 2:9-15, where he clearly discusses the removal of the Sinful Nature, thus causing a person to be "whole and complete" in Christ. If this is the case, it is the removal of the Sinful Way of the Devil from a person's Heart that saves that person's spirit.

It seems that what Paul is teaching, here, is that by kicking this youngster out of the Church, thus handing him over to Satan, will cause that youngster embarrassment and shame, and through additional and remarkable sin, he would become tired, repent and return to the Church and begin cleaning up his life, thus his spirit would be "saved." (Seems like the classic example of the prodigal son.)

And what is written above lends credulity to the idea, and desire, of one who might want to die (as did Paul). Once the Sinful Nature has been carved out of a person's Heart and begins living by the Laws of the Spirit of Life (Romans 8:2,3), that person will no longer desire to live for themselves, but to live for others. Yes, the hurt and pain that comes from our world is indeed painful, but through the Enabling Spirit . . . we WILL endure, for we will have been Enabled to endure.

Friends . . . if we have not Turned to Christ for the Removal of the Curse of Adam and Eve . . . we have no chance in this world or the one to come. Therefore, ask Jesus to lift the Curse from your Heart so that the life of Chaos and Confusion will be lifted, and will thus be allowed to realize that there are weak, suffering and struggling people who are waiting for us (and our Godly assistance). True Children of the Lord will not take their life because we realize that our life is no longer our own, but that it has been purchased by the Blood and Hands of Christ.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV - "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Colossians 2:11-15 NLT - "When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."