Doe's God Destroy The Sole ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the "destruction" of the earth would bring everything right back to: THE BEGINNING? "...the earth was without form, and void..."

"IN the center of the Earth"...
Agreed.

"The SAME effect, is taught and prepared for the inhabitants of the Earth....mankind and fallen angels who are temporarily occupying the earth as their secondary estate (having lost their first estate, ie Heaven).

Would you consider these fallen angels, on this Earth, demons?

The Earth "without form and void" ?

I could reason, without form....but not void.

Reasoning without form....on the basis...to hear and learn about Heaven....is all encompassing never revealing a FORM and to us, it is pretty much...out there, as we can be any place on the earth and point up and say that is Heaven. But which Heaven? The highest? (His Throne) Eh no. The Middle? (Where the stars and moon hang) Eh no.
The lower, where we CAN see, clouds where we have Ventured, (planes, space ships)...yes.

The Earth as it is now, definitely has a FORM, and is Separated from Heaven, by a Firmament ... called Heaven.

Yet paying attention, God created the Heaven.

Gen 1: 1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:8
And God called the firmament Heaven.

Gen 2:
  1. [1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
  2. [4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

It is paying attention to the difference between two things God does.

1) He "creates" what DID NOT EXIST..
2) BY His Word, and BY His Power.

1) He "also" "MAKES" things.
2) By His Word, and BY His Power.

The "MAKING" God does, ALWAYS pertains, to SOMETHING, "already Created".

He "Created" the Singular Heaven....but read Gen 2:4, the Singular Heaven, He "MADE" Heaven(S).

He Created the Earth, and "shall MAKE the Earth" still called Earth, but BE different.

NO, shape/form, possibly....Blended with the Heavens, without shape or form.

VOID, no. Filled with His People, His sons, (both ones that were created natural humans, but made spiritual creatures....and His holy angels, created supernatural creatures).... and thee Lord God ALmighty of course.

Some things we can detect from the knowledge in Scripture....but there is that piece of paper John wrote on, that told of others things, he was privy to see....and then told to eat the paper and not reveal what it said....Ah, there is always more for us to wait and see what it is. Ha!

Demons?
I have no issue with using that word, in reference to created holy angels, who are spirits, who fell from Gods Grace, and fell from their first estate (Heaven) and now occupy the earth.

I believe both, Gods Holy Angels (who are spirits) and Gods Fallen Angels (who are spirits) are present on the Earth.

Most we can not SEE, or But can Recognize their presence, under certain conditions....

Can SEE...IF they take upon themselves the likeness as a man, which they have the power to do.

Can Recognize...Evil Spirits, (Demons), In, with, controlling over a weak man.

Can SEE, "as they are"... I have first hand testimony of one little child, who was age (just turned) 4 at the time, (not a church goer, not a religious family), but had experienced regularly SEEING Angels. She had not heard the term Angel. They told her. And trying to remember if it was two or three Angels, who had given her their names. She said them to me, but I can not remember what those names were.
Those particular Angels, were regularly alone with her in her room, as she played and colored they sat with her at her table, and they talked. She called them her friends.
She also experienced seeing Angels flying as she was riding in a car with her mother, and they passed by a cemetery. She said to her mother to look and see the Angels flying, but her mother could not see them. As she aged, she saw them no more.
A childs made up story of invisible friends that she said she could see? Maybe. Then to see them flying over a cemetery....? She didn't yet know about cemeteries, or know why they were flying all together where she saw them. Or the innocence of a young child the Lord allowed her to see? IDK.
Interesting to me.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't arguing with you, I was disagreeing with you.

I agree the whole Scriptures is what we need to study.

But the fact remains, the Bible never contradicts itself.
Ok. then the argument is finished then?

No, the Bible when properly understood does not contradict itself, but many people probably see contradictions due to their own lack of understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. But remember created is only used in Genesis 1:1.

As well, remember, there is a lot of "making" the Lord does with that which He has created. :)

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reasoning without form....on the basis...to hear and learn about Heaven....is all encompassing never revealing a FORM and to us, it is pretty much...out there, as we can be any place on the earth and point up and say that is Heaven. But which Heaven? The highest? (His Throne) Eh no. The Middle? (Where the stars and moon hang) Eh no.
The lower, where we CAN see, clouds where we have Ventured, (planes, space ships)...yes.

The Earth as it is now, definitely has a FORM, and is Separated from Heaven, by a Firmament ... called Heaven.

Gen 2:
  2. [4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

He "Created" the Singular Heaven....but read Gen 2:4, the Singular Heaven, He "MADE" Heaven(S).

He Created the Earth, and "shall MAKE the Earth" still called Earth, but BE different.

VOID, no. Filled with His People, His sons, (both ones that were created natural humans, but made spiritual creatures....and His holy angels, created supernatural creatures).... and thee Lord God ALmighty of course.

Some things we can detect from the knowledge in Scripture....but there is that piece of paper John wrote on, that told of others things, he was privy to see....and then told to eat the paper and not reveal what it said....Ah, there is always more for us to wait and see what it is. Ha!

Demons?
I have no issue with using that word, in reference to created holy angels, who are spirits, who fell from Gods Grace, and fell from their first estate (Heaven) and now occupy the earth.

I believe both, Gods Holy Angels (who are spirits) and Gods Fallen Angels (who are spirits) are present on the Earth.

Most we can not SEE, or But can Recognize their presence, under certain conditions....

Can SEE...IF they take upon themselves the likeness as a man, which they have the power to do.

Can SEE, "as they are"... I have first hand testimony of one little child, who was age (just turned) 4 at the time, (not a church goer, not a religious family), but had experienced regularly SEEING Angels. She had not heard the term Angel. They told her. And trying to remember if it was two or three Angels, who had given her their names. She said them to me, but I can not remember what those names were.
Those particular Angels, were regularly alone with her in her room, as she played and colored they sat with her at her table, and they talked. She called them her friends.
She also experienced seeing Angels flying as she was riding in a car with her mother, and they passed by a cemetery. She said to her mother to look and see the Angels flying, but her mother could not see them. As she aged, she saw them no more.
A childs made up story of invisible friends that she said she could see? Maybe. Then to see them flying over a cemetery....? She didn't yet know about cemeteries, or know why they were flying all together where she saw them. Or the innocence of a young child the Lord allowed her to see? IDK.
Interesting to me.

God Bless,
Taken

"She also experienced seeing Angels flying as she was riding in a car with her mother, and they passed by a cemetery. She said to her mother to look and see the Angels flying, but her mother could not see them."
This happened to my older sister, while we were young and dad was driving...she swore she saw an angel flying upwards as we passed a large, fancy Catholic Church. They have a lot of statues of angels all about the building but, she swore it was flying, and I believed her...who knows?

As far as the Earth being "void", I was just referring to when the Earth will once again be "destroyed" as in the flood, but with fire hence, cleansing the Earth back to right before God created it "in the beginning", when it was with out form, and void of any life...and since we will have a "New Earth", would He not simply restore the Earth by, again simply speaking it into existence/perfection or "very good" as it was in the beginning? JMHO ♥

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. then the argument it finished then?

No, the Bible when properly understood does not contradict itself, but many people probably see contradictions due to their own lack of understanding.

Well I don't lack understanding. And I know how to read literal words.

When it says God foreknew who would love him that was not conditional.

when he says he predestines them all the way to glorification that is literal and without condition.

So when anybody says you can lose your salvation, which I have dealt with many such claims in the past, it has always been because they did not understand what was claim versus said. Often due to the archaic English of the KJV.

As well, remember, there is a lot of "making" the Lord does with that which He has created. :)

I fully agree. But far too many refer to making, shaping, molding, forming as original creation.

The confusion of how we use the word today with how it is used then is a problem.

Just like KJV saying the earth was when the Hebrew says it became.

It is convince many people there was no pre-Adamic creation when the Bible says quite the contrary.

In Genesis 1:1 the earth was created to be inhabited, not shapeless void.

Glory to God,
Taken

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for the Halibut?

Not just any Halibut, but a World Stage Halibut.

I was honestly a little concerned for the guy last night. Why was he asking? Was he contemplating doing something drastic himself, or was this just a theological curiosity of some sort? Hopefully it was just a passing curiosity, because it looks like we may never know. It appears those "soles" were made for walkin'.

[Edited: Getting carried way with the pictures, LoL :rolleyes: ]

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Don't you find that this happens the most with those who are cherry pickers ...without context . The unbalance of "one verse" here and there, is what cause them to believe that it contradicts it self.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gen 2:

Demons?

Interesting to me.

God Bless,
Taken

Yep. Heaven, not Heavens. Just like it will in eternity,

After the war in heaven, God wrapped the earth in a blank of the darkness to cloak the fallen angels imprisoned there in hell, which he also created.

The war in heaven ravaged the earth, rendering it shapeless and void.

It should not be called the six days of creation, but the six days of remaking.

Notice nothing in them six days are called perfect.

That is what's so troubling about such as the KJV. It reads that God created the earth shapeless and void.

But the angels in heaven watched God create the earth and thought it was beautiful. Does not sound like shapeless and boy does it?

The earth was inhabited, then the desolate, remade and repopulated.

I know for most it sounds like science fiction, meth and nonbiblical. But that is what the Bible says.

After the war in heaven, God wrapped the earth in a blank of the darkness to cloak the fallen angels imprisoned there in hell, which he also created.

That is what's so troubling about such as the KJV. It reads that God created the earth shapeless and void.

But the angels in heaven watched God create the earth and thought it was beautiful. Does not sound like shapeless and boy does it?

I know for most it sounds like science fiction, meth and nonbiblical. But that is what the Bible says.

Commentaries by CoreIssue

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't lack understanding. And I know how to read literal words.

When it says God foreknew who would love him that was not conditional.

when he says he predestines them all the way to glorification that is literal and without condition.

So when anybody says you can lose your salvation, which I have dealt with many such claims in the past, it has always been because they did not understand what was claim versus said. Often due to the archaic English of the KJV.
Blame it on the English if you will, but lest you have forgotten:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" John 14:26 [KJV]

"Mas el Consolador, el Espíritu Santo, al cual el Padre enviará en mi nombre, aquel os enseñará todas las cosas, y os recordará todas las cosa que os he dicho" John 14:26 [Reina Valera]

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26 [NIV]

I have read the scriptures in three languages [Luther Bible not quoted here] regularly for more than 40 years and the message I have received is the same for me. The language had nothing to do with any differences. God knows why we understand things differently. I have a notion, but doubtless so do you. I believe! You believe! God alone definitely knows!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you find that this happens the most with those who are cherry pickers ...without context . The unbalance of "one verse" here and there, is what cause them to believe that it contradicts it self.
God always has a clear message, but as you say people find discrepancies or contradictions or differences when their understanding, as I see it, is missing or is incomplete, or even wrong.

Just looking to find verses supporting or opposing a certain belief is always likely to get us into trouble. This would be as you call it, 'cherry picking'. When we have read it all of the scripture and still have an unclear picture, leave it alone. God will give us what we need when He decides that we need it... if our heart is really interested in truth whatever it is. Forcing the issue to make it come our way may put us against God Himself.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe the "destruction" of the earth would bring everything right back to: THE BEGINNING? "...the earth was without form, and void..."
1. Not "without form" since the earth will then become *the NEW earth*.

2. Not *void" but DEVOID of every human creation, invention, city, system, etc. This is similar to forest fires when due to natural causes. They have a *cleansing* effect, and the forest is renewed after certain types of growth are burned off. Farmers also practice burning off of stubble.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God always has a clear message, but as you say people find discrepancies or contradictions or differences when their understanding, as I see it, is missing or is incomplete, or even wrong.

Just looking to find verses supporting or opposing a certain belief is always likely to get us into trouble. This would be as you call it, 'cherry picking'. When we have read it all of the scripture and still have an unclear picture, leave it alone. God will give us what we need when He decides that we need it... if our heart is really interested in truth whatever it is. Forcing the issue to make it come our way may put us against God Himself.

"Forcing the issue to make it come our way may put us against God Himself."
Very good point.

"... if our heart is really interested in truth whatever it is. "
Got to want the whole TRUTH, the parts you like as well as the parts you don't! But, even the ones you might, at first be reluctant to receive (truths) , could turn into an awesome revelation of His Grace! Did with me :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blame it on the English if you will, but lest you have forgotten:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" John 14:26 [KJV]

"Mas el Consolador, el Espíritu Santo, al cual el Padre enviará en mi nombre, aquel os enseñará todas las cosas, y os recordará todas las cosa que os he dicho" John 14:26 [Reina Valera]

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14:26 [NIV]

I have read the scriptures in three languages [Luther Bible not quoted here] regularly for more than 40 years and the message I have received is the same for me. The language had nothing to do with any differences. God knows why we understand things differently. I have a notion, but doubtless so do you. I believe! You believe! God alone definitely knows!

The Holy Spirit reveals nothing about God etc. that is not revealed via the Bible.

The Holy Spirit plays a role in our understanding of the Bible and God. But be careful of talking in such a way that makes people think you mean only the Holy Spirit can teach you things.

Gnosticism is the crossing over into believing the knowledge hidden and can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit.

I believe there are three levels of knowledge in the Bible. As we learn each level it opens up the next level. But it isn't some mystic whispering of the Holy Spirit in your ear. It is his aid in understanding as we read the Bible.

Nothing in the Bible says anything other than study the written word.

John 14:26 New International Version (NIV)
26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of Goda]">[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 4:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Ephesians 3:3-4 New International Version (NIV)
3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

John 18:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 “I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied. “I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Forcing the issue to make it come our way may put us against God Himself."
Very good point.

"... if our heart is really interested in truth whatever it is. "
Got to want the whole TRUTH, the parts you like as well as the parts you don't! But, even the ones you might, at first be reluctant to receive (truths) , could turn into an awesome revelation of His Grace! Did with me :)
Yes, the love for truth that is needed is all of it, even if we don't know or understand all that it is. We may know that it is Jesus, but when we are unable to really see him, "face to face" [and who can?] how accurate or complete is our knowledge? The key, I believe, is that we do not live by knowledge [as so many effectively argue] but by faith and what is faith?

" Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Heb 11:1

And where is it that a delusion comes into the picture?

"and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Not "without form" since the earth will then become *the NEW earth*.

2. Not *void" but DEVOID of every human creation, invention, city, system, etc. This is similar to forest fires when due to natural causes. They have a *cleansing* effect, and the forest is renewed after certain types of growth are burned off. Farmers also practice burning off of stubble.

I am speaking of void as being empty, completely empty. This is what I see when I think of the end, when all is destroyed by fire (cleansed)...before God creates the (New Heaven) and New Earth...will He re-create everything or just fix it up a bit?? lol. So, if all things are to be "new", why would the earth NOT be void/empty?? If it were devoid, then it would no longer exist IMHO :) I know God can do anything He wants to do and, He could just plain speak every new thing into existence hence-New Earth?? JMO ♥

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit reveals nothing about God etc. that is not revealed via the Bible.

The Holy Spirit plays a role in our understanding of the Bible and God. But be careful of talking in such a way that makes people think you mean only the Holy Spirit can teach you things.

Gnosticism is the crossing over into believing the knowledge hidden and can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit.

I believe there are three levels of knowledge in the Bible. As we learn each level it opens up the next level. But it isn't some mystic whispering of the Holy Spirit in your ear. It is his aid in understanding as we read the Bible.

Nothing in the Bible says anything other than study the written word.

John 14:26 New International Version (NIV)
26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of Goda]">[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 4:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Ephesians 3:3-4 New International Version (NIV)
3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

John 18:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 “I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied. “I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.
I am sorry but going through each one of these verses will not, I believe, help at this point. You don't hear what I am saying. Simply let us both, Give God the glory and continue as we, each of us, believes that he leads us.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the love for truth that is needed is all of it, even if we don't know or understand all that it is. We may know that it is Jesus, but when we are unable to really see him, "face to face" [and who can?] how accurate or complete is our knowledge? The key, I believe, is that we do not live by knowledge [as so many effectively argue] but by faith and what is faith?

" Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Heb 11:1

And where is it that a delusion comes into the picture?

"and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

There seems to be lot's of interpretations in certain Christian circles when it comes to the truth, ha! It seems silly to NOT want to receive ALL of it. And, as you say John, we might not, as yet understand all of His Truth (and may never, lol) our faith comes in ♥
There was a "truth" that had kept me from submitting my WHOLE self to Jesus. It got me no where, fast! Four plus years of holding onto the lie. When finally receiving that truth, it was the first time I personally understood what "His Grace is sufficient" meant. :)

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry but going through each one of these verses will not, I believe, help at this point. You don't hear what I am saying. Simply let us both, Give God the glory and continue as we, each of us, believes that he leads us.

I hear what you're saying. All I'm saying is God AIDS us in our study of the Bible. He does not simply embed the knowledge in us.

You are too embedded in Pentecostalism to see what the Bible says on the issue.

God gave us the Bible and commands us to study it for knowledge.

God expects us to use our God-given abilities and intelligence to learn.

Last edited: