Doe's God Destroy The Sole ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm astonished any survived the flood...there is no record of Noah taking any fish onto the ark...

Fertilized fish eggs left in the water?

God Bless,
Merry Christmas
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When God truly converts, a work in the heart begins and continues until the day of Jesus Christ.

That still doesn't answer.

@Taken 's question was :-
"Can you find anywhere in Scripture whereby a man is Converted and then NOT Converted?"

To which you answered
"If a person was not truly converted, then s/he was never truly converted in the first place."
I can't see that your answer is to her question!!

But I will let it drop now. Bless you. H

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That still doesn't answer.

@Taken 's question was :-
"Can you find anywhere in Scripture whereby a man is Converted and then NOT Converted?"

To which you answered
"If a person was not truly converted, then s/he was never truly converted in the first place."
I can't see that your answer is to her question!!

But I will let it drop now. Bless you. H
The answer is no, there is no such Biblical example; and there wouldn't be, either, because passages such as Philippians 1 show that God finishes what He starts! :)

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The answer is no, there is no such Biblical example; and there wouldn't be, either, because passages such as Philippians 1 show that God finishes what He starts! :)

Okay! Thank you. So now we are on the same page. :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person was not truly converted, then s/he was never truly converted in the first place.

Agree, however not sure the other poster does or understands that.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain how you can see by -
Phil 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"

Is showing that a person wasn't really converted in the first place!!
Ref @Taken 's quote in post #16?

Your answer to her question was...
I am getting a bit confused here.

Because he answered a question with a statement of his Belief, that had nothing to do with answering the question, posted to another poster.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is simple. God said he was going to destroy all land and air life. Not one word about destroying water life.

True, sea animals were not mentioned as being destroyed because of the flood. Sort of preposterous to kill a sea animal, because it's natural habitat was enlarged.

A tid-bit I find interesting,
In Jesus' day particularly, fish out of the sea was a common food for men to consume regularly.
In the New Earth there shall be no more sea.

Rev 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, sea animals were not mentioned as being destroyed because of the flood. Sort of preposterous to kill a sea animal, because it's natural habitat was enlarged.

In Jesus' day particularly, fish out of the sea was a common food for men to consume regularly.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

The only edible on the new earth will be from the trees of life, each producing 12 fruits.

Simple fact is in our glorified bodies we don't need to eat.

On the new earth we also do not see animals, birds, insects, worms or any out anything else like that.

The trees are the only other life mentioned in the New Jerusalem.

But that is the subject those who want to see their pets in heaven aren't comfortable with.

Others do not like the idea of no sex or marriage or carrying over of our earthly family as a unit.

The concept of everyone in the New Jerusalem being family is indeed hard to grasp.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you find anywhere in Scripture whereby a man is Converted and then NOT Converted?

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken
"Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done." Acts 8:13

He believed and was baptized. Some call that being saved, but then later we read...

"Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the though of thine heart may be forgiven thee." Acts 8:19-22

You and others certainly may not agree, but it seems to me that he repented in order to believe and be baptized... but later when he tried to buy the power that Peter had, he was told he needed to repent.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done." Acts 8:13

He believed and was baptized. Some call that being saved, but then later we read...
The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
3340 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
metanoevw from (3326) and (3539)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Metanoeo 4:975,636
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
met-an-o-eh'-o Verb
Definition
  1. to change one's mind, i.e. to repent
  2. to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins

"Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the though of thine heart may be forgiven thee." Acts 8:19-22

You and others certainly may not agree, but it seems to me that he repented in order to believe and be baptized... but later when he tried to buy the power that Peter had, he was told he needed to repent.

The need for repentance is not limited, at times, to the unsaved.

Contrary to what some believe no one can achieve total sanctification in the saved can seriously error.

But they are still saved. Conditional salvation is false, it is nailing Christ on the cross again.

Baptism was not even mentioned here. Salvation was not mentioned either.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The need for repentance is not limited, at times, to the unsaved.

Contrary to what some believe no one can achieve total sanctification in the saved can seriously error.

But they are still saved. Conditional salvation is false, it is nailing Christ on the cross again.

Baptism was not even mentioned here. Salvation was not mentioned either.
For every scriptural explanation by one there is another explanation by another. I have my own testimony, which would fill the bill, but the poster asked for scripture. To me that one fills the bill, but of course... this is also one of those with another interpretation.

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For every scriptural explanation by one there is another explanation by another. I have my own testimony, which would fill the bill, but the poster asked for scripture. To me that one fills the bill, but of course... this is also one of those with another interpretation.

Romans 8 denies conditional salvation.

Some try to cite OT versus to prove conditional salvation. But that is a false argument. Christ move things from being justified to being saved. A huge change.

The Bible does not contradict itself. So you have to be able to explain how a different claim does not violate Romans 8.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

I have always felt kind of disappointed in this, as I love the water...

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So if a Christian is saved by faith in Christ, but takes their own life.. they are still saved?
Because 1st Corinithians 3:16-17 doesn't justify this.. and I can't find anywhere in scripture that says if a believer is saved but then takes their own life they are still saved..

Piano,

Which is the only unpardonable sin?

Oz

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Piano,

Which is the only unpardonable sin?

Oz

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which no one who is saved would ever do.

Pianoworldstage said:
So if a Christian is saved by faith in Christ, but takes their own life.. they are still saved?
Because 1st Corinithians 3:16-17 doesn't justify this.. and I can't find anywhere in scripture that says if a believer is saved but then takes their own life they are still saved..

Yes they are still saved per Romans 8.

You can find nowhere in Scriptures Where it says a born-again person who commits suicide loses their salvation.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Where does it say destroy means losing one salvation? It can mean stripping him of all his worldly possessions, taking his life or taking away his rewards in eternity.

This claim is in conflict with Romans eight.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@Deborah_ was right that that particular passage is actually about the church, not individuals.

But about your question, you won't find it in scripture because it's not there. There is no reference to suicide specifically in scripture, aside from the case of Judas, which we were discussing the other day (see my Posts #117, 123, 124 especially, and Stranger's comment at Post #138).
The Devil's Lies Must be Exposed - Do Not Be Deceived

I do not favor Christians teaching that people can commit suicide and go to Heaven. I believe it is taking one's life into one's own hands, and scripture states explicitly that our lives do not belong to us but to God (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). Many of the great figures of the Bible faced overwhelming depressions, and even wished they had never even been born. King David, (Psalm 13:2-4), the prophet Jeremiah, (Jeremiah 20:14-18), and Job, (Job 7:15-16) among others, all reached points where they despaired of their very lives. But they persevered nevertheless without killing themselves, never daring to take such matters into their own hands out of respect for the God who created them and whom they served.

Though it may offend some (and NO CoreIssue, I am not into discussing this), I believe the incredible depressions people suffer under that motivate them to commit suicide are the result of the influence of demonic spirits, and I therefore consider it irresponsible for Christians to excuse it. These same spirits of depression have the right to their souls after death if they gave themselves to obedience to them instead of God (2 Peter 2:19; Romans 6:16, "for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."). I don't judge those who have done so, and I of course hold out hope. But I do not excuse it by assuring people they will go to Heaven if they take their own lives. There is too much in scripture that suggests they will not, rather than that they will.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden in Him

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello PWS! Greetings and salutations.

This issue is up to God. We are not able to judge some things. I have personally known broken people that didn't intend to take their own life yet it ended that way. They were broken down completely mentally and emotionally and I would not think God would condemn a person who really was not responsible for their actions.

Thanks be unto God these matters are not in my courtroom.