Does God expect us to obey the hundreds of NT commands on day one of our service to be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not misinterpret it at all. Paul plainly states it is not a law engraved in stone for the believer but one written in human hearts. The new covenant itself states God will write the law in believers minds and place it on their hearts. I will add to that. If someone could commit adultery and have no heartfelt conviction of sin by doing so they have not been born again. For: through the law we become conscious of sin rom3:20

I did a deep study of the New Testament Commands and came up with 440 of them.
This would be anything God telling us to do directly or not to do (using an action verb).
Granted, I want to go back and double check my work to make sure I did not miss anything and to see if everything is in its proper order.
But the point here is that not all of those commands will not be written in your heart automatically.

But I created a shorter list (of NT commands that are called a command), but even some of these commands (Particularly commands 8, 9, and 10 below) would not be so evident to a believer in that they are written in their heart .

New Testament Commands That Are Called A Command:

1. “Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord, and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment.” (Mark 12:29-30 gives us the full complete description of the 1st commandment in the Bible).

2. “And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:31).

3. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. (1 John 3:23).

4. “Repent” (i.e. Seek forgiveness with the Lord Jesus Christ) (Acts of the Apostles 17:30 says, “God… now commands all men everywhere to repent”).

5. A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if you have love one to another (John 13:34-35).

6. “Watch” (“For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch you therefore: for you know not when the Master of the house comes,...” - See: Mark 13:33-37).

7. “Honor your father and mother” (God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother - Matthew 15:4, Matthew 19:19, Mark 10:19, Luke 18:20) (Ephesians 6:2-3 says “Honour your father and mother (which is the first commandment attached with a promise).

8. Tell the women to keep silent in the churches. For it is not permitted unto them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also says the law; And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is a shame for women to speak in the church (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

9. Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother who walks disorderly (2 Thessalonians 3:6).

10. Keep the following commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ: Fight the good fight of faith, and lay hold on eternal life, whereby you are called, and have professed a good profession before many witnesses (1 Timothy 6:12-14).

Keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17) (Note: The young rich ruler asked, which ones (i.e. which commands should he keep); Jesus replied, “Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Matthew 19:18-19) (Jesus also said as a part of these commands, “If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor,” - Matthew 19:21). Again, this does not seem apparent to everyone. We only know of this because Scripture tells us so, and it also was not for everyone, either. It only applied to those who are rich.
Zacchaeus was only willing to give away half of his goods to the poor and if he cheated anybody out of anything, he will pay back four times the amount, and Jesus yet, said salvation had came to his house that day (Luke 19:8-9).

Anyways, based on this above info. in Scripture, I do not believe the Laws that are automatically written upon our hearts is the many commands that come from Jesus and His followers in the pages of the New Testament. It would be the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23. The fruits of --- Love, joy, and peace was written upon my heart when I first accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. I was changed and was a new creation.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did a deep study of the New Testament Commands and came up with 440 of them.
This would be anything God telling us to do directly or not to do (using an action verb).
Granted, I want to go back and double check my work to make sure I did not miss anything and to see if everything is in its proper order.
But the point here is that not all of those commands will not be written in your heart automatically.

But I created a shorter list (of NT commands that are called a command), but even some of these commands (Particularly commands 8, 9, and 10 below) would not be so evident to a believer in that they are written in their heart .

New Testament Commands That Are Called A Command:

1. “Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord, and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment.” (Mark 12:29-30 gives us the full complete description of the 1st commandment in the Bible).

2. “And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:31).

3. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. (1 John 3:23).

4. “Repent” (i.e. Seek forgiveness with the Lord Jesus Christ) (Acts of the Apostles 17:30 says, “God… now commands all men everywhere to repent”).

5. A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if you have love one to another (John 13:34-35).

6. “Watch” (“For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch you therefore: for you know not when the Master of the house comes,...” - See: Mark 13:33-37).

7. “Honor your father and mother” (God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother - Matthew 15:4, Matthew 19:19, Mark 10:19, Luke 18:20) (Ephesians 6:2-3 says “Honour your father and mother (which is the first commandment attached with a promise).

8. Tell the women to keep silent in the churches. For it is not permitted unto them to speak, but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also says the law; And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is a shame for women to speak in the church (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

9. Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother who walks disorderly (2 Thessalonians 3:6).

10. Keep the following commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ: Fight the good fight of faith, and lay hold on eternal life, whereby you are called, and have professed a good profession before many witnesses (1 Timothy 6:12-14).

Keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17) (Note: The young rich ruler asked, which ones (i.e. which commands should he keep); Jesus replied, “Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Matthew 19:18-19) (Jesus also said as a part of these commands, “If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor,” - Matthew 19:21). Again, this does not seem apparent to everyone. We only know of this because Scripture tells us so, and it also was not for everyone, either. It only applied to those who are rich.
Zacchaeus was only willing to give away half of his goods to the poor and if he cheated anybody out of anything, he will pay back four times the amount, and Jesus yet, said salvation had came to his house that day (Luke 19:8-9).

Anyways, based on this above info. in Scripture, I do not believe the Laws that are automatically written upon our hearts is the many commands that come from Jesus and His followers in the pages of the New Testament. It would be the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23. The fruits of --- Love, joy, and peace was written upon my heart when I first accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. I was changed and was a new creation.
So if you committed adultery for instance you wouldn't have heartfelt conviction of sin by doing so? Becauase the only way you could have heartfetl conviction of sin if you committed adultery is if that law is in your heart. Same with stealing, taking the Lords name in vain, coveting etc. For: Through the law we become conscious of sin. I did not say only those laws are in believers hearts, but they are definatley there. Note the order in the new covenant, which comes first, you only get a saviour from sin because the law is now in your heart:

This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.” Heb10:16&17

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im afraid you have a very poor understanding of Rom7:7-11. You wrote:
He also says, "I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died." (Romans 7:9). This type of saying is nonsensical from a present tense reading as an adult Christian
The passage is speaking of Saul the pharisee. At the age of 13 he made a personal commitment to God. So now he has to obey the law or he is condemned. He must have been raised a strict pharisee. No condemnation before then so he felt alive, but not afterwards for then came the condemnation through failing to bey the law!
You wrote:
Second, Paul says, "And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me." (Romans 7:10-11). Okay, so if Paul grew up and became aware of the Law one day, how could the commandment be ordained to life at this point in his life?
When Saul made a commitment to God at the age of 13, as far as he was concerned obeying the commandments was being ordained to life. Can you not understand that? Obey the law and live, fail to obey it and be condemned.
You wrote:
Also, Paul found that "the commandment" was death unto him and that it slew him.

He is speaking of his life as a pharisee. If he could not obey the ten commandments he was condemned.

Nowhere does it say this in Scripture, though.
Circumcision even in Abraham's day was a salvation issue for a baby.

“And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” (Genesis 17:14).

Those Jews who came out of Egypt who were disobedient and eventually died in the wilderness, they were not circumcised by Joshua (See: Joshua 5:5-6). This also shows that they were cut off from God's people. So circumcision was a part of the Laws of Moses.

Romans 2:25 says,
“For circumcision verily profiteth, IF thou keep the law: but IF thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

God speaks of the Israelites who ”grieved” His Holy Spirit in their rebellion. These Jews were cut off from the promise of entering God’s rest and they became God’s enemies.

Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: THEREFORE he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them. —

This word vexed in the KJB is translated as grieved in the NKJV. So when a person grieves the Holy Spirit by sin (Which the NT talks about), God then can turn to be their enemy according to Isaiah 63:10. Well.... that is if you believe Isaiah 63:10 (But I am sure you don't believe this verse plainly because you will seek an overly spiritualized interpretation based on 1 Corinthians 3:6 whenever a verse disagrees with you).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you committed adultery for instance you wouldn't have heartfelt conviction of sin by doing so? Becauase the only way you could have heartfetl conviction of sin if you committed adultery is if that law is in your heart. Same with stealing, taking the Lords name in vain, coveting etc. For: Through the law we become conscious of sin. I did not say only those laws are in believers hearts, but they are definatley there. Note the order in the new covenant, which comes first, you only get a saviour from sin because the law is now in your heart:

This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.” Heb10:16&17

Past sins and not future sins. Whenever they offered animal sacrifices as mentioned in Hebrews 10, the blood of goats and bulls never took away sin. They had to keep revisiting the same past sins year after year. This is not the case with Jesus. Future sin or rebellion or planning to sin was never forgiven by animal sacrifices. One could not say... I am going to murder next week and then just kill a bull to pay for that sin. That's not how things worked in the OT. In the New Covenant, Jesus atoned for all the sins of the entire world, but forgiveness and salvation only applies to a person who has faith in the Lord and what He says. Then.. only past sins are forgiven because if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If future sin was forgiven, then there would be no point to confess of sin to be forgiven of sin in our walk with the Lord (See: 1 John 1:9, 1 John 2:1, Proverbs 28:13, Psalms 51).

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nowhere does it say this in Scripture, though.
Circumcision even in Abraham's day was a salvation issue for a baby.

“And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” (Genesis 17:14).

Those Jews who came out of Egypt who were disobedient and eventually died in the wilderness, they were not circumcised by Joshua (See: Joshua 5:5-6). This also shows that they were cut off from God's people. So circumcision was a part of the Laws of Moses.

Romans 2:25 says,
“For circumcision verily profiteth, IF thou keep the law: but IF thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

God speaks of the Israelites who ”grieved” His Holy Spirit in their rebellion. These Jews were cut off from the promise of entering God’s rest and they became God’s enemies.

Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: THEREFORE he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them. —

This word vexed in the KJB is translated as grieved in the NKJV. So when a person grieves the Holy Spirit by sin (Which the NT talks about), God then can turn to be their enemy according to Isaiah 63:10. Well.... that is if you believe Isaiah 63:10 (But I am sure you don't believe this verse plainly because you will seek an overly spiritualized interpretation based on 1 Corinthians 3:6 whenever a verse disagrees with you).
I dont know what you are trying to achieve by the above. I told you rom 7:7-11 is Paul looking back on his life as Saul when he made a commitment to God. Verses 14-24 is Paul expanding on that. As you believe Paul is speaking of his life as a pharisee in verses 14-24, how come you don't accept he was speaking of his life as a pharisee in 7-11? Doesn't make sense

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for calling this to our attention ... no theologian in 2000 years (Beginning with Paul in the Book of Romans) has ever considered this and written about it!

Too bad the BIBLE (you remember that book) says that "God elects based on no conditions whatsoever within the individual". So your complaint is "Why is God unfair?" and should be addressed to God who wrote the Bible rather than those that just told you what it said.
  • Fortunately Romans 9 answered your complaint.
  • Unfortunately, you have likely rejected what Paul said and rationalized why it means the opposite of what it says ... the Potter has no such right and OWES SALVATION to the evil clay!

Romans 9 is not isolated from the rest of the book of Romans.

The whole point of Romans 9 was written with the Jew in mind in how they were trying to earn salvation by “Works Alone Salvationism” (without God's grace through Jesus Christ), and how they found favor with God based on their nationality (in that they were God's people, Israel).

Romans 9:6-8 is a refutation of the Israelites false belief of salvific nationalism.

Romans 9:9-16 is a refutation of the Israelites false belief of “Works Alone Salvationism” (without Jesus and His grace) but salvation is by him who calls upon the name of the Lord Jesus (Compare Romans 9:11 with Romans 10:13).

Romans 9:17-18 sets up the dilemma for the Israelite in being saved by God's grace and mercy on His terms. Pharaoh was hardened on God's terms in that we know that a person's heart is hardened by their own sin. For a believer who sins and hardens their heart, they can then fall into unbelief and depart from the living God (See: Hebrews 3:12-15). Sin is the breaking of the Law or commandment (1 John 3:4). The Israelite was hardening their heart against God on account of their sin or disobedience to the command to believe in Jesus (1 John 3:23).

Romans 9:19 is the Israelite complaining about how can God find fault because they believe they are doing God's will as an Israelite.

Romans 9:20 A voice answers the Israelite and criticizes the Israelite. The voice asks a question from the Israelites perspective, “Why have you made me this way [i.e. as an Israelite, a keeper of the Law]?”

When reading Romans 9:21-23, we have to keep in mind that God elects based on His foreknowledge (His future foreknowledge of what they are going to do) (1 Peter 1:1-2). The language present in this passage is reminiscent of Jeremiah 18 about how God will form the clay based upon how a nation does not hear his voice, He will turn back on the good He would do unto them. God warns Jerusalem and Judah that He frames evil against them unless they repent. Meaning, based on what we do, a person will fall into one of two categories. The resurrection of life, and the resurrection of the damned (i.e. the vessels of wrath and mercy). God will render to every man according to his deeds (See: Romans 2:6).

Romans 9:30-32 clarifies (recaps) what was being said:

“What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;” (Romans 9:30-32).

“...rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.” (Romans 11:11).

So Romans 9 is really not talking about Calvinistic Unconditional Election.

Even the word “call” used in Romans 9 in reference to God calling does not prove that God is forcing anything upon a person. For many are called, but few are chosen (Matthew 22:14).

Article source (Inspiration):
https://mountcarmelapologetics.com/2019/07/08/a-non-calvinist-interpretation-of-romans-9/

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Past sins and not future sins. Whenever they offered animal sacrifices as mentioned in Hebrews 10, the blood of goats and bulls never took away sin. They had to keep revisiting the same past sins year after year. This is not the case with Jesus. Future sin or rebellion or planning to sin was never forgiven by animal sacrifices. One could not say... I am going to murder next week and then just kill a bull to pay for that sin. That's not how things worked in the OT. In the New Covenant, Jesus atoned for all the sins of the entire world, but forgiveness and salvation only applies to a person who has faith in the Lord and what He says. Then.. only past sins are forgiven because if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If future sin was forgiven, then there would be no point to confess of sin to be forgiven of sin in our walk with the Lord (See: 1 John 1:9, 1 John 2:1, Proverbs 28:13, Psalms 51).
If the new covenant only refers to past sins, then believers MUST live their christian life under the law, Paul says they dont

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quick and simple question ... In the story of the Prodigal Son, when (exactly) does scripture state that he stopped being his son and when (exactly) did he become a member of the family again?

The idea is not being a son. The idea is whether they are a dead son or a son that is alive. Dead sons do not get together at family meals, and or family reunions, etcetera. When the Prodigal Son came home to his father seeking forgiveness with him, the father said that his son was DEAD (when he was prodigal and living it up with prostitutes), and he was then said to be ALIVE AGAIN. This is speaking in spiritual terms. The son was dead spiritually and was lost spiritually. The father also said he was lost, too. You have to ignore this obvious truth in Scripture because you simply don't like it.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the new covenant only refers to past sins, then believers MUST live their christian life under the law, Paul says they dont

In Romans 6:14: Paul was referring to the 613 Laws of Moses as a whole or package deal, and he was not referring to the Laws of Christ. Paul said he was under the Law of Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21). Paul said that by keeping the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made him free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:1-2). Paul said Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2). Acts of the Apostles 13:39 says you cannot be justified by the Laws of Moses. Acts 15:24 makes it clear that the Gentile Christians did not have be circumcised and to keep the Law of Moses (as a whole).

Acts of the Apostles 15:24
“Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:”

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since NOBODY makes this claim except as a 'strawman' it is a moot point to the discussion of whether God NEEDS YOUR "help or permission" to save you [Synergysm: mother of salvation by faith and works] or God saves "all by Himself" [Monergism: mother of salvation by faith alone ... and even faith is a gift from God].

Nobody actually advocates: "You are saved ... now go an sin all you want."

MacArthur (a Calvinist) also pretends to teach holy living as a requirement for salvation, but he really does not believe that way according to the Bible. The Lordship Salvation doctrine he popularized is a Trojan horse.

How so?

Well, Kenneth Nally committed suicide as per his influence of John MacArthur's ministry and MacArthur said that he was still saved.

Here is a quote from an article:

"At the trial, MacArthur, 45, is seeking to clarify his church’s teaching on suicide. “It’s not only a sin, it’s illegal,” he says. “But we teach that even if a believer takes his own life, the Lord will still receive him into His presence.”

Article Source:
Fundamentalist Clergymen Face Charges of 'Malpractice' When a Parishioner Turns to Suicide

John MacArthur says that a person can take the mark of the beast and they can still be saved afterwards. Listen to this audio clip by him here:

John MacArthur says,

".. sin does not result in spiritual death for the believer ...
(The MacArthur Study Bible, p. 1927, comment on James 1:15)"

John MacArthur confirms how one can sin and still be saved here in this video:

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In Romans 6:14: Paul was referring to the 613 Laws of Moses as a whole or package deal, and he was not referring to the Laws of Christ. Paul said he was under the Law of Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21). Paul said that by keeping the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made him free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:1-2). Paul said Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2). Acts of the Apostles 13:39 says you cannot be justified by the Laws of Moses. Acts 15:24 makes it clear that the Gentile Christians did not have be circumcised and to keep the Law of Moses (as a whole).

Acts of the Apostles 15:24
“Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:”
Well if you think it only refers to non applicable old covenant law, why do you bother to profess christianity? Because you are as guilty as everyone else when it comes to failing to live up to pristene level of commandments in the NT. I imagine you must be on your knees most of every day repenting of your shortcomings concerning NT commands. And if not, why not?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep bible highlighter thinks you can get saved and lost infinite number of times I guess. they use a totally false example from Scripture.

So Jesus' blood i senough, then not enough, then enough, then not enough. And that His blood doesn't cover all sins.

Again, I already demonstrated by Scripture to you this truth. Read the parable of the Prodigal Son if you don't believe me. The father says he was DEAD and he is alive AGAIN. This is speaking in spiritual terms. The father also said he was lost, and now he is found. Again, this is speaking in spiritual terms. Then read James 5:19-20. It says the same thing! But I am sure you will just not bother to read these verses. If you do, I am sure your end game goal would be to try and change them to say something else because you don't like what they say at face value.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you think it only refers to non applicable old covenant law, why do you bother to profess christianity? Because you are as guilty as everyone else when it comes to failing to live up to pristene level of commandments in the NT. I imagine you must be on your knees most of every day repenting of your shortcomings concerning NT commands. And if not, why not?

Again, as I said, the Bible teaches Sanctification is progressive (See: 2 Corinthians 7:1). It would be illogical for God to place an impossible burden on them on day one of service. That would not be fair. Believers need to learn to study to show themselves approved unto God first so as to even know what commands to obey in the New Testament and then they need the help of the Lord and His power and His Word to do them. This again takes time. Even finding believers wanting to be baptized by you is not always easy. Yet, that is a part of the great commission.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

I mean no offense, I love you all in Jesus Christ, but if a person truly thinks they can willfully do sin or evil and still be saved is seriously deluded (See: 1 Timothy 6:3-4) (James 4:6) (Jude 1:4).

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Again, as I said, the Bible teaches Sanctification is progressive (See: 2 Corinthians 7:1). It would be illogical for God to place an impossible burden on them on day one of service. That would not be fair. Believers need to learn to study to show themselves approved unto God first so as to even know what commands to obey in the New Testament and then they need the help of the Lord and His power and His Word to do them. This again takes time. Even finding believers wanting to be baptized by you is not always easy. Yet, that is a part of the great commission.
Right, so you know you are guilty of failing to obey the laws in the NT you believe must be obeyed to remain saved. It is so easy just to come out with ''Obey the law'' isn't it. But if you are under the law to remain saved, you and all other believers are guilty, full stop. And Paul states it is not a law written in ink now, but one written on tablets of human hearts.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To all:

I mean no offense, I love you all in Jesus Christ, but if a person truly thinks they can willfully do sin or evil and still be saved is seriously deluded (See: 1 Timothy 6:3-4) (James 4:6) (Jude 1:4).
What do you think it means to have the law in your heart? It means in your heart you want to live as God desires you to live for that is where the law has been placed

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think it means to have the law in your heart?

The laws in our hearts and minds are the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). It's not the 440 written commands in the New Testament. I already said this to you.

You said:
It means in your heart you want to live as God desires you to live for that is where the law has been placed

This is just a daydream type saying. It does not exist in the Bible. Those are your own thoughts.
Galatians 5:22-23 exists in the Bible and it makes the most sense in light of Hebrews 10:16.
God did not write all 440 NT commands in our heart automatically. What is written upon our hearts would be love, joy, peace, etcetera. This is what I received when I accepted Jesus as my Savior. I wanted everyone to feel that way. I was radically changed. I used to be atheist, but then I believed and was on fire for the Lord Jesus Christ. This can only be by the washing and renewing of the Spirit whereby I am given the fruits of the Spirit. The laws written on our hearts are the fruits of the Spirit and they cause us to obey many of God's NT laws (automatically) like.... loving God and others.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, so you know you are guilty of failing to obey the laws in the NT you believe must be obeyed to remain saved. It is so easy just to come out with ''Obey the law'' isn't it. But if you are under the law to remain saved, you and all other believers are guilty, full stop. And Paul states it is not a law written in ink now, but one written on tablets of human hearts.

Again.... Sanctification. Read 2 Corinthians 7:1. Believe that verse or don't believe it. The choice is yours.

Also, 2 Corinthians 3:3, and or 2 Corinthians 3:6 is not a case for telling you to read the Scriptures from an overly spiritualized way whenever the Bible disagrees with your own thoughts. It would be hypocritical to even do this because you are reading these verses in a literal way to come to that special spiritual interpretation on other verses.

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The laws in our hearts and minds are the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). It's not the 440 written commands in the New Testament. I already said this to you.

Through the law we become conscious of sin Rom3:20
If I committed adultery, stole, bore false witness, took the Lord's name in vain etc I would have heartfelt conviction of sin. I must assume you would not. Possibly that is why you keep stressing law, you have no heartfelt conviction of sin?
Its quite obvious a person wants to follow what is in their heart

Daydreamer

Oct 2, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Again.... Sanctification. Read 2 Corinthians 7:1. Believe that verse or don't believe it. The choice is yours.

Also, 2 Corinthians 3:3, and or 2 Corinthians 3:6 is not a case for telling you to read the Scriptures from an overly spiritualized way whenever the Bible disagrees with your own thoughts. It would be hypocritical to even do this because you are reading these verses in a literal way to come to that special spiritual interpretation on other verses.
All sincere christians want to follow Christ, but you cannot be righteous by obeying laws unless you obey them