Does God pick who is saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What we know as Genesis was written 5000 b.c in ancient Sumer. It has been changed since the . This is why there are differing accounts of the creation of man and woman.

We are told that Moses wrote the first five books of the OT, and since Moses only lived around 3,500 year ago, around 1500 BC, your claim that it was written 5,000 BC in ancient Summer, means that Summer existed before Adam was created, and with respect to the "Young earth theory" held by many Christians, even before God had actually created the heavens and the earth.

There are many Creation stories within the various diverse people groups around the world which are generally verbal accounts.

Now I am not saying that you are "wrong" but your claim on this forum is generally outside of the accepted understanding of many Christian members.

Shalom

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So "believing in Hell" is a prerequisite to salvation in your theology?
No, but denying the everlasting fire is calling Jesus a liar.
It's question #34 on the 125-question exam for entrance into heaven, for which only a perfect score of 125 earns a passing grade? Eek. I don't know enough about @MatthewG's theology to discuss it, but even Universalists typically "believe in Hell." They simply believe the purpose is remedial and consistent with God's wish for all to be saved, not penal eternal torment.
Hell will be filled with people who don't believe in Hell.
The atheists at the forum I recently left used to laugh at Christians purportng to read the mind of God. I'm starting to see what they were laughing about.
God doesn't make mistakes. NEVER!

Romans 9:11-13
11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger." 13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."