Does it concern you that gospels were written so many years after Jesus died?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tend to ask esoteric questions of little value.
I have faith. My faith would become something else if shown scientific evidence.
The trouble with "scientific evidence" is that it is also based on faith, faith in the accuracy of the five natural senses and faith with deductive or logical ability by our own brain which most of us have never "seen" using one of those five natural senses. Science starts with the presumptions of men on which are built hypotheses of men, which may some day become men's theories... which at some later date some other men may cast aside...

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, whether it was few years or many after Jesus’ death that the Gospels were written, we can have total confidence and faith in their completeness and accuracy, knowing that they were written by “men moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:21), who accurately recorded the very words of God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not really i know the truth in my heart.
This is the only place we can "know" Truth and that when God put it in us. It all started with just a little bit of faith. Then from faith to faith...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, whether it was few years or many after Jesus’ death that the Gospels were written, we can have total confidence and faith in their completeness and accuracy, knowing that they were written by “men moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:21), who accurately recorded the very words of God.
Indeed, but to understand them as I understand it, a man must have them brought to Life within himself by that same Holy Spirit that inspired them to be written in the first place...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it concern you that gospels were written so many years after Jesus died?

No.
I find it more concerning so many do not read the Bible
And...
So many think the Bible insufficient they require additional Doctrines.

Glory to God,
Taken

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry that was more self mocking than anything. My new go to is Wikipedia. I still read the Bible occasionally. It's a good book , a useful book.
And as for the name calling...
" fundamentalist"....I don't know what else to call people who think the whole Bible is the literal truth.
As I said before, the Bible is only part History.:)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry that was more self mocking than anything. My new go to is Wikipedia. I still read the Bible occasionally. It's a good book , a useful book.
And as for the name calling...
" fundamentalist"....I don't know what else to call people who think the whole Bible is the literal truth.
As I said before, the Bible is only part History.
The Bible is the written Word of God.
2 Tim 3 All Scripture is God breathed ...

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be facetious now.
The good Old Holy Spirit to the rescue again eh.
When you can't explain things easily, just mention HS.

Last edited:

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The trouble with "scientific evidence" is that it is also based on faith, faith in the accuracy of the five natural senses and faith with deductive or logical ability by our own brain which most of us have never "seen" using one of those five natural senses. Science starts with the presumptions of men on which are built hypotheses of men, which may some day become men's theories... which at some later date some other men may cast aside...
You misunderstand. I'm not preaching science. I'm not one of those born again science atheists.

Reactions: amadeus

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Written by some uninspired man when? Today or yesterday? Is anyone today lying to others? Who can we trust to always tell us the Truth? Your pastor or our parents or our brothers? Why are they not also men?
Forgive me for trying someone else outside the Bible

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is my third time now asking you: Is the Bible the word of men or the word of God?
Oh is it the 3rd time. Sorry about that.
It's the word of men who were possibly spiritually inspired. I'm not sure. And maybe some were inspired more than others. They were different authors who used different writing strategies to get the readers attention. Often fictional narratives were the best way to capture our attention. But did they actually occur? Some did. Some didn't

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him said:

This is my third time now asking you: Is the Bible the word of men or the word of God?

@saintiaint replied:

It's the word of men who were possibly spiritually inspired. I'm not sure. And maybe some were inspired more than others. They were different authors who used different writing strategies to get the readers attention... Often fictional narratives were the best way to capture our attention. But did they actually occur? Some did. Some didn't

Well, that says it all.