Does it concern you that gospels were written so many years after Jesus died?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Capitalisation equals anger. So that's as far as I got.

it is EMPHASIS! Can you disprove anything that I have written, or just continue you demonic attack against the Infallible Word of Almighty God? You have ZERO credibility in what you say, as you have provided ZERO evidence to back up what you say! What "christian" are you?

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The word spread, not by writing but by voice. Jesus and his Apostles were busy TELLING the experience they had to all who would listen.
That's my concern. Look at the Chinese whispers game and it's effect. Messages get warped over time.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
you should remove "christian" from your ID as this is a blatant LIE! Your attack is against the Lord God of the Holy Bible, and you WILL 100% FAIL!
You think you are defending God. But actually you are just defending the fundamentalist version of Christianity.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So say if I were asked to write about the second world war. Over 70 years ago.
Fortunately I have plenty of books and videos to look at, to reference. But I still wasn't there. And there are hardly any survivors to interview that are alive.
But back in 100 AD or thereabouts. What resources do I have ? Any witnesses left who knew Jesus? Any books to reference? I think I might be depending on stories passed on orally. How accurate would those stories be?
This is my point here.
Why do we so easily accept the authenticity of the Gospels, when they were written so many years after Jesus life? And it was only oral tradition passed on? Nothing written.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So it can be safely concluded that the majority of Christians on here are not concerned about the many years gap of written gospels after Jesus life.
So once you become a Christian, you stop asking questions like this. You only ask questions like this before you become Christian.
Once you accept Jesus as the truth, you never doubt again?
I can't do that .

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were Adam and Eve real people?
Did moses really part the Red sea?
Did all the miracles actually occur?

Here’s how Christ feels about doubters:

Mark 16:14
Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

Imagine how you’re going to feel when you stand before the judgement seat of Christ. At that point, after being upbraided, the next thing Christ will say should worry you:

Depart from me!

So do the following before it’s too late:

Luke 12:58
When thou goest with thine adversary to the magistrate, as thou art in the way, give diligence that thou mayest be delivered from him; lest he hale thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and the officer cast thee into prison.