Does Jesus give people a 2nd chance after death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 9 "It is appointed unto man ONCE to die and then comes the judgment" --
No such thing as "change your mind after you die"

Satan tell Eve "no, no that is all wrong - God is too loving to do that... don't worry"

Colossians 3:3
[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Colossians 2:20
[20] Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:”

You said: “No such thing as "change your mind after you die"...Once you are dead (Crucified) with Christ there is no such thing as changing your mind then?

Hebrews 9:17
[17] For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.—-doesn’t that also include us?

Galatians 2:19
[19] For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In response to the OP title: Maybe, but I wouldn't bet my life and salvation on it.

BobRyan

Jul 27, 2018
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[20] Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:”

You said: “No such thing as "change your mind after you die"...Once you are dead (Crucified) with Christ there is no such thing as changing your mind then?

[17] For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.—-doesn’t that also include us?

Physical death is what the OP and Hebrews 9 are talking about. Christ Himself "died once".

Heb 9
24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, 28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Physical death is what the OP and Hebrews 9 are talking about. Christ Himself "died once".

Heb 9
24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. 27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, 28 so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him

Hebrews 2:14-15
[14] Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; [15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

I don’t know about you but I am going to sleep. Death is behind me, not before. “...delivered them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.”

That is the peace in “And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,”...and the magnitude of what He has done for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobRyan

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I feel this is a much debated subject.
People like to read more into Scripture than what is there.
I've read of pastors who believe Jesus gives everyone a 2nd chance after death because he doesn't want anyone to go to hell.
some believe that when Jesus went to hell, he preached the Gospel and gave everyone from old a 2nd chance.
But the Bible doesn't say that.
Or does it.
Anyone have anything to say about this?
No second chances Rollo. 'If they don't believe Moses and the Prophets neither will they even if one rose from the dead.' Jesus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know why you call it a blood life.

I call it BLOOD LIFE, because God called the Life of man, (and animals) Their BLOOD.
Deut 12:23
Gen 9:5

Our souls LIFE, comes from Gods BREATH.

And those WHO become Converted, their Born Again spirit LIFE, comes from Gods SEED.

you are a person who is not of the Holy Spirit or you are not, so while breathing you are alive and living but you may not be Spiritually alive in the Holy Spirit, so one that is breathing does not mean they are alive and one with the Holy Spirit abiding in the salvation of the Lord.

Too convoluted to respond.

[QUOTEI have heard some make a big deal about the blood and keep ranting on about it, but the blood means nothing at all,[/QUOTE]

I disagree.
1) Thee Blood would be Jesus' Pure Blood...which WITHOUT His Graceful Offering of His Blood, there would be no Forgiveness given mankind, For mankinds Sin Against God of Disbelief IN God.
2) Blood of mankind IS a mans Bodily Life.
All of manskinds Blood Is Tainted and Is Sentenced To Bodily Death.

(But that's All Good, since a natural BODY can not become an eternal glorious body, less it first dies)

it's the Holy Spirit that is the true life force not the blood,

The Holy Spirit is The Might and Power of God...ie Thee Almighty ...you know...
Thee Lord God Almighty.

the blood is carnal,

Uh huh and so is a natural born man Carnal, which is whose blood I was specifically speaking of.

yes it keeps the body alive but it's not the Holy Spirit,

Never said it was.

so they rant about the blood of Jesus well so what about his blood, he is the Holy Spirit so his natural blood means jack,

Uh, Jesus didn't have "natural blood" or "natural" anything.

we have idiots that rant about rubbish like oh we are looking for the cup that they drank from or some fool has his actual blood in a jar, now if one did have such things they would be worthless to the Holy Spirit.
The blood has it's place with Vampires and what they do is drain the life force out of your body or pollute ones mind corrupting you brainwashing tec making one a zombie, rip for the picking of Satan leading them astray.
So I say one has to be careful of talking about the blood, so as not to mislead.

I have a mate that rants about the blood of Jesus thinking that it's all about what Jesus did 2000 years ago and that you just believe that he did that work and it's finished and does not believe truly in the Holy Spirit because he is carnal and todays dispensation is all about killing anyone who does not support the Zionist Jews, Jesus is finished and the Zionist Jew must rule the world now and kill everyone that opposes them, it's all about the new so called Jesus of mans works, he will rule with an iron rod.

This God of the Talmud Zionist is Satan, they lead the whole world astray and bastardise Jesus Christ and make out that Jesus left us, no Jesus is with us always but one must be Born Again to know that's a fact, now old mate says he can make one saved by just making another say after him words and he claims to of saved them, but the fact of the matter is that no one but Jesus can save anyone.

Come on man, you are going off on a tangent, and lecturing men should be careful when speaking of Blood...while you clearly do not understand the significance of mans blood or Jesus' blood.

Perhaps a word study of Blood, in the Scriptures would benefit you.

God Bless,
Taken

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rich man of Luke who was tormented in the flames probably is ready for his bail out.

I've read so many real life experiences of those living opposed to God that were crying out in torment moments before leaving this life.

Others I know personally of that were mentally and emotionally broken and that died in such a state I wonder about. I'm not great or wise enough to judge.

To me the bottom line is that God is the only perfect judge. Because of severe self condemnation it's taken me forty years to really believe I'm forgiven, really forgiven. It was a hard hard ride. I know that there are many out there that are yet wrestling over "am I saved or not, going to heaven or not".

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
Philippians 2:12‭-‬13 NASB
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in You.

Life is complicated by sin. As a consequence of our childhood experiences we never allowed our children to treat each other badly or call any names even in jest.

It shouldn't take a second chance. You'd all be in a heap of trouble were I God! And so would I if you were. Thankfully God doesn't call one pot to pass eternal judgment on the other imperfect vessels. Amen

I'm convinced God gives everyone a chance before and after Jesus' arrival on earth.

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
Romans 2:14‭-‬15 NASB

There are those that have no excuse now or... Later

Romans 1:20-21 KJVS
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful;
but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

More than one "heathen" in the remote regions of the earth knew that there was a great spirit who made all things. .

Acts 7:50 KJVS
Hath not my hand made all these things?

Except for those who died broken of mind and spirit I don't believe in appeals after death. There is just no scripture to found it.
Sorry, RCC, no purgatory exists. You better get things right now.

WHAT ABOUT BOBBY?

May I tell you about Bobby my nephew? Bobby believed in the Lord but was broken by pressures he couldn't handle. His amoral wife ran off leaving him with a little girl to raise. His ex didn't want the child but didn't want him to have her. I sat in a court and listened to her lie straight faced. She was awarded the child. The ex convinced social services that the child had been abused by her father and so they came after him in an attempt to jail him. Other hard things were pressing also. Convinced that everything was his fault and that he must be evil he decided to get rid of his evil with fire. He doused himself with gasoline and set it afire.

In Arkansas Children's hospital I stood with his father three days later as they unplugged the life support systems. Bobby was 30 years old. His ex has made the choked just like herself. A deceitful liar. Things I saw in my family made me wish I'd been born to others. It just seemed like too much. But God gives more grace.

I'm not convinced broken people are sent to hell, those that are truly not responsible for their actions. I'm glad I'm not judge. Only God is able to judge in men's lives because He's the only one that has all the data on every man and every woman.

As our old pastor was wont to say about once saved always saved, "well, I believe I am"!

My prayers are that I haven't blown my first chance. Standing before the face and eyes of Him who made us all is a prospect that should weaken the strongest knees.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No such thing as "change your mind after you die"

Satan tell Eve "no, no that is all wrong - God is too loving to do that... don't worry"
You're about the 4th poster to come up with that verse.
It goes to show how some read the bible and skip right over the verses they don't like. Do those that believe in a second chance ever read that verse? Or many of the statements of Jesus? Guess not.

Yes, and when the evil one tells you not to worry, you better start worrying!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

I reread your post to me and also the above.
I still don't know what you're referring to.
All the above verses are about spiritual death, not physical death.
Hebrews 9:27 is about physical death.

As to the last verse, Hebrews 9:17, I trust you know that it's speaking about the literal death of Jesus so that the New Covenant could become valid. A testament, or will, is only valid upon the death of the testator (Jesus).

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The rich man of Luke who was tormented in the flames probably is ready for his bail out.

I've read so many real life experiences of those living opposed to God that were crying out in torment moments before leaving this life.

Others I know personally of that were mentally and emotionally broken and that died in such a state I wonder about. I'm not great or wise enough to judge.

To me the bottom line is that God is the only perfect judge. Because of severe self condemnation it's taken me forty years to really believe I'm forgiven, really forgiven. It was a hard hard ride. I know that there are many out there that are yet wrestling over "am I saved or not, going to heaven or not".

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
Philippians 2:12‭-‬13 NASB
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in You.

Life is complicated by sin. As a consequence of our childhood experiences we never allowed our children to treat each other badly or call any names even in jest.

It shouldn't take a second chance. You'd all be in a heap of trouble were I God! And so would I if you were. Thankfully God doesn't call one pot to pass eternal judgment on the other imperfect vessels. Amen

I'm convinced God gives everyone a chance before and after Jesus' arrival on earth.

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
Romans 2:14‭-‬15 NASB

There are those that have no excuse now or... Later

Romans 1:20-21 KJVS
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful;
but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

More than one "heathen" in the remote regions of the earth knew that there was a great spirit who made all things. .

Acts 7:50 KJVS
Hath not my hand made all these things?

Except for those who died broken of mind and spirit I don't believe in appeals after death. There is just no scripture to found it.
Sorry, RCC, no purgatory exists. You better get things right now.

WHAT ABOUT BOBBY?

May I tell you about Bobby my nephew? Bobby believed in the Lord but was broken by pressures he couldn't handle. His amoral wife ran off leaving him with a little girl to raise. His ex didn't want the child but didn't want him to have her. I sat in a court and listened to her lie straight faced. She was awarded the child. The ex convinced social services that the child had been abused by her father and so they came after him in an attempt to jail him. Other hard things were pressing also. Convinced that everything was his fault and that he must be evil he decided to get rid of his evil with fire. He doused himself with gasoline and set it afire.

In Arkansas Children's hospital I stood with his father three days later as they unplugged the life support systems. Bobby was 30 years old. His ex has made the choked just like herself. A deceitful liar. Things I saw in my family made me wish I'd been born to others. It just seemed like too much. But God gives more grace.

I'm not convinced broken people are sent to hell, those that are truly not responsible for their actions. I'm glad I'm not judge. Only God is able to judge in men's lives because He's the only one that has all the data on every man and every woman.

As our old pastor was wont to say about once saved always saved, "well, I believe I am"!

My prayers are that I haven't blown my first chance. Standing before the face and eyes of Him who made us all is a prospect that should weaken the strongest knees.
Thanks for a great post.
Heartfelt condolences for Bobby.

Charlie Foster

Sep 20, 2018
El Paso
corinthianscorner.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Sure he gives… He, the father of all, loves his children. Doesn't matter if he/she has sinned or not, he loves his children in the same way. Though, as a good parent he awards us or punishes us for our good or bad deeds.

He teaches us to follow a good path, be righteous and just. He wants to walk on his told path and that who abides by him gets his blessings.

It doesn’t mean, he forgets his kids who accidently went on to the wrong path. He gives them time to get back on the right track. Whatever path a person has taken, no matter what jobs, bad or good they have done in their life, they have to ultimately face him after death.

I am a believer and thus I am sure he gives a 2nd chance to everyone. On the judgment day, everyone has to answer him for his/her doings. According to the person’s good & bad deeds, he gives his decision.

The good ones are allowed to stay with him in heaven, while others are sent back on earth to rectify their mistakes. This is one big chance for the person and he/she should use it wisely.

This could be your second chance, so it’s better you start utilizing it in rectifying your previous mistakes. Help the poor, be honest and truthful and most importantly a believer.

Of course, the path to the right has always been the most difficult one. You need to stay firm. You can only cross the whole way if you are holding the finger of God. He is omnipresent, yet you need to keep his sign with yourself always. As well as, you need to be positive at all times.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
For Sure he gives… He, the father of all, loves his children. Doesn't matter if he/she has sinned or not, he loves his children in the same way. Though, as a good parent he awards us or punishes us for our good or bad deeds.

He teaches us to follow a good path, be righteous and just. He wants to walk on his told path and that who abides by him gets his blessings.

It doesn’t mean, he forgets his kids who accidently went on to the wrong path. He gives them time to get back on the right track. Whatever path a person has taken, no matter what jobs, bad or good they have done in their life, they have to ultimately face him after death.

I am a believer and thus I am sure he gives a 2nd chance to everyone. On the judgment day, everyone has to answer him for his/her doings. According to the person’s good & bad deeds, he gives his decision.

The good ones are allowed to stay with him in heaven, while others are sent back on earth to rectify their mistakes. This is one big chance for the person and he/she should use it wisely.

This could be your second chance, so it’s better you start utilizing it in rectifying your previous mistakes. Help the poor, be honest and truthful and most importantly a believer.

Of course, the path to the right has always been the most difficult one. You need to stay firm. You can only cross the whole way if you are holding the finger of God. He is omnipresent, yet you need to keep his sign with yourself always. As well as, you need to be positive at all times.
Welcome to the forum.

You said we get sent back to earth for a second chance?
Where does it say that in the bible?? (can't think of any place).

BTW, I don't really care to come back here!

Reactions: TheHolyBookEnds

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
I feel this is a much debated subject.
People like to read more into Scripture than what is there.
I've read of pastors who believe Jesus gives everyone a 2nd chance after death because he doesn't want anyone to go to hell.
some believe that when Jesus went to hell, he preached the Gospel and gave everyone from old a 2nd chance.
But the Bible doesn't say that.
Or does it.
Anyone have anything to say about this?

Hi Rollo, Thats a good question you ask. There are so many different views and depending on who you talk to you will get a variety of answers. However, I always like to see what the bible has to say on the subject.

First thing to understand about death is that the bible tells us what happens to us after we die.
Psalm 146:4 "his spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; on that very day his thoughts perish"
Eccl 9:5,10 "The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all....there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the grave, where you are going."

these two verses show there is nothing after death. It is a place of inactivity. Jesus said it was like being 'asleep' when he spoke of Lazarus who had died...he said in John 11:11, 13, 14 " Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him...then he said plainly "Lazarus has died"
And consider, Jesus himself was dead for 3 days...when he was resurrected was when he returned to heaven.

However, the bible holds out the hope of a 'resurrection' to ALL who have died.
Jesus proved this hope is real when he resurrected Lazarus before a crowd of people. He brought a dead man back to life. Lazarus woke from death. Jesus disciples believed that all would eventually be brought back to life as Acts 24:15 shows " And I have hope toward God....that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Brother Allen,

I personally do not believe in second chances outside of our present life. The rich man in Luk 16:26 experienced that. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

I read of those that commit a sin unto death for something they’ve done, or doing. Do they return to earth for a retread? Using the example of a great man of scripture, I read of Moses denied entrance into the promised land in Num 20:12, and told to go up unto mount Nebo and die because of his trespass against God in Deut 32:50.

I don’t read of Moses reappearing to reliving his past life, but God did use him on the mount of transfiguration to appear with Elias and Jesus before Peter in Mar 9:4.

You also mentioned suffering, and to me that produces growth in our spiritual walk; nor separation. Even Jesus in Heb 5:8, Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I won't debate this either but I would like to understand how you could believe this.

If someone dies, and then wakes up again and sees Jesus in front of them giving them the message of the gospel..what would be the possible reason for that person saying NO!

Wouldn't they have to be crazy? I mean, it's apparent at that point that God is real.

And do you believe this for EVERYONE (even agnostics or atheists) or just for those who NEVER heard about Jesus?
If ones body dies and you never knew Jesus was your saviour, then you will not be going to heaven.
One must be Born Again to enter the Kingdom of God and if one is not of the Kingdom of God then you will not go to Heaven, because one can't enter because one never made it into the Kingdom of God.
In the Bible there is a list of types of people who can not enter the Kingdom of God. they can't enter because they do not even support Gods Laws.
There are going to be plenty or most so called Christians that are not going to make it in you know, because Jesus said so, they will say lord lord but there hearts are far from him and he never knew them and the thing is they don't know him, because they are not Born Again of the Holy Spirit.
So how can some dolt turn up dead and there soul come to see Jesus and get the nod, is one going to get the yes I know you, because you abided in me and I in you.
Now if you did not abide then one goes to limbo or to hell if you opposed him.
It's like this woops I failed in my life, so what can one do when you have lost your life in this world, you can't repent when your body is dead.

Here's a case of yours, Hitler dies and wakes up dead and sees Jesus and Hitler says yes please !

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reread your post to me and also the above.
I still don't know what you're referring to.
All the above verses are about spiritual death, not physical death.
Hebrews 9:27 is about physical death.

As to the last verse, Hebrews 9:17, I trust you know that it's speaking about the literal death of Jesus so that the New Covenant could become valid. A testament, or will, is only valid upon the death of the testator (Jesus).

Yes, I realize it is about physical death. What is concerning is the focus is more on being right then what it shows us. He died in our place. Once there is death of the flesh (crucified) with Him then that is our appointed once to die. We no longer need to fear death therefore we are set free from the bondage of death to live according to God. No one hears that though...the focus is it has to be literal. And yes, I also realize a testament is with 'strength' and 'force' only after the death of the testator. Yes, the New Testament is Christ. The Old Testament is Christ. But we of His body are also to testify(be a testator) as Paul was also …and must be dead. How many times do we give a testimony? Are we dead?

I' m sorry. That is just what it says to me. I'm not forcing anyone else to read it or hear it that way and I am not saying anyone is wrong. I realize it is literal. But it is also Spiritual and breathes with life. I follow Him not man. GodsGrace, my worst fear used to be death. People can call me crazy but a while back as I prayed He told me when I die(physically) I would no longer fear it but welcome it. Many may say it wasn't Him but afterward, through life circumstances beyond my control, prayer, and the word it has become a truth. He came to set the captives free from bondage.

another used to support the OP that I just don't hear it: "For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. (Ecclesiastes 9:5) --speaks of spiritual life and those that are dead to life (Christ), those that know nothing, hear and see nothing and therefore not alive to Christ. His reward is with Him.

A living dog is better than a dead lion. --consider that one.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I call it BLOOD LIFE, because God called the Life of man, (and animals) Their BLOOD.
Deut 12:23
Gen 9:5

Our souls LIFE, comes from Gods BREATH.

And those WHO become Converted, their Born Again spirit LIFE, comes from Gods SEED.

Too convoluted to respond.

[QUOTEI have heard some make a big deal about the blood and keep ranting on about it, but the blood means nothing at all,

I disagree.
1) Thee Blood would be Jesus' Pure Blood...which WITHOUT His Graceful Offering of His Blood, there would be no Forgiveness given mankind, For mankinds Sin Against God of Disbelief IN God.
2) Blood of mankind IS a mans Bodily Life.
All of manskinds Blood Is Tainted and Is Sentenced To Bodily Death.

(But that's All Good, since a natural BODY can not become an eternal glorious body, less it first dies)

The Holy Spirit is The Might and Power of God...ie Thee Almighty ...you know...
Thee Lord God Almighty.

Uh huh and so is a natural born man Carnal, which is whose blood I was specifically speaking of.

Never said it was.

Uh, Jesus didn't have "natural blood" or "natural" anything.

Come on man, you are going off on a tangent, and lecturing men should be careful when speaking of Blood...while you clearly do not understand the significance of mans blood or Jesus' blood.

Perhaps a word study of Blood, in the Scriptures would benefit you.

God Bless,
Taken[/QUOTE]
The blood of man does nothing to get them into Heaven.
Evil men have blood as well.

All people have a soul regardless, they were born with one.

Jesus offered up his life, but they could not kill his Spirit.
His blood did nothing more than any other mans blood, but sustain his worldly life.

The Holy Spirit is with in you, it's within your grasp, through Jesus Christ when you know him.

It's the blood of Christ that can be misleading with people I have met, Freemasons and Satanist make this a big deal, the holy grail and such total BS or I have a drop of blood from Jesus, it's some how magical BS. even if they had such it would not mean jack, because it the Holy Spirit that's where it's all as and that trumps all the nonsense, so it's not worthy of talking about such petty nonsense. or what do you think that it does ?
Nothing beats the Holy Spirit because Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No second chances Rollo. 'If they don't believe Moses and the Prophets neither will they even if one rose from the dead.' Jesus

You said, "No second chances Rollo." convince me then with scripture please. (Luke 16:31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

This was before One did indeed rise from the dead that One being Christ sent to us from the bosom of Abraham. Then in (1 Peter) 18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

We can suppose a lot about who Christ went and preached to but the word says one clearly : "unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient," (the just for the unjust). Are these the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient....being the rich man that pleaded with God to send one back (Lazarus) which means (God has helped)? Did God send one back who rose from the dead?

Lazarus and the rich man: is used to support hell and used to support Christ preaching to those saints held in Abraham … but it also says "unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient" So He led free those captive with Abraham but left those "sometime were disobedient' including the rich man???? The Lord tender and full of mercy? (the just for the unjust)

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Rollo, Thats a good question you ask. There are so many different views and depending on who you talk to you will get a variety of answers. However, I always like to see what the bible has to say on the subject.

First thing to understand about death is that the bible tells us what happens to us after we die.
Psalm 146:4 "his spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; on that very day his thoughts perish"
Eccl 9:5,10 "The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all....there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the grave, where you are going."

these two verses show there is nothing after death. It is a place of inactivity. Jesus said it was like being 'asleep' when he spoke of Lazarus who had died...he said in John 11:11, 13, 14 " Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him...then he said plainly "Lazarus has died"
And consider, Jesus himself was dead for 3 days...when he was resurrected was when he returned to heaven.

However, the bible holds out the hope of a 'resurrection' to ALL who have died.
Jesus proved this hope is real when he resurrected Lazarus before a crowd of people. He brought a dead man back to life. Lazarus woke from death. Jesus disciples believed that all would eventually be brought back to life as Acts 24:15 shows " And I have hope toward God....that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.
Jesus did not say that in Acts 24:15 it was Paul and it pays to read it in it's context, it's regarding himself with men. and John 5:28-29 is what Jesus is saying and all.