Does Satan run the world? Or does God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all Bible prophecy, including Revelation, was fulfilled by 70AD, (aka Full Preterism), as Matthew claims, then we are living in the age of the new Heaven and new Earth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has everything under control today.

It just seems many are blind to their own nature in doing good and evil.

Sorry to disappoint those who are believing Satan still is around. The Bible states he is done away with whether you believe it or not is done!

Darkness and evil still exist and it comes from ourselves.

”Yes, if you forgive others for the wrongs they do to you, then your Father in heaven will also forgive your wrongs. But if you don’t forgive others, then your Father in heaven will not forgive the wrongs you do. “When you fast, don’t make yourselves look sad like the hypocrites. They put a look of suffering on their faces so that people will see they are fasting. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get. So when you fast, wash your face and make yourself look nice. Then no one will know you are fasting, except your Father, who is with you even in private. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you. “Don’t save treasures for yourselves here on earth. Moths and rust will destroy them. And thieves can break into your house and steal them. Instead, save your treasures in heaven, where they cannot be destroyed by moths or rust and where thieves cannot break in and steal them. Your heart will be where your treasure is. “The only source of light for the body is the eye. If you look at people and want to help them, you will be full of light. But if you look at people in a selfish way, you will be full of darkness. And if the only light you have is really darkness, you have the worst kind of darkness. “You cannot serve two masters at the same time. You will hate one and love the other, or you will be loyal to one and not care about the other. You cannot serve God and Money at the same time.“
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭14‬-‭24‬ ‭ERV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The chronology of the Gospels.
Great series,imo.

If all Bible prophecy, including Revelation, was fulfilled by 70AD, (aka Full Preterism), as Matthew claims, then we are living in the age of the new Heaven and new Earth.

I don’t know what full pretrist believe concerning everything they draw to as far as interpretation. ( I also believe some scripture continues to go onward and not everything stopped. Such as people entering the kingdom, and revelation 21,22.)

I just faithfully believe and trust Jesus didn’t lie to those people of that generation; which is promised to become the bride and then be taken by Jesus at his return.

Many people believe in dual prophecy. As those he is gonna come back again, but that’s a lie as it was a one time event.

We do live in the new world. It’s under the arrangement of Christ now, the new covenant. The old was the mosaic law which was fulfilled in the Lord Jesus. The world then was under a different arrangement.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. I don’t believe the devil has any effect in the world other than his representation of the power of the darkness. The darkness can consume one’s life.

But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
Your answer is a non starter.
Try to stay related.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can it be everlasting when it is done away with?

”And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.“
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20‬:‭11‬-‭15‬ ‭KJV‬‬
You make no sense.
Why can't the lake of fire consume and replace hell with all of hell's actions and be the same or greater in meaning?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your answer is a non starter.
Try to stay related.
Because of God, darkness exists. Devil was around for a while, but promised in Genesis to gonna be done away with his head crushed. You see, Satan, Hell, Death, all put in the lake of fire… then in Revelation 21, 22. Everything this is made knew from the prior “Age.” Which was of the Law, now of the Spirit praise to the Lord Jesus. Evil and darkness continue to exist, within us, unless we draw nearer to God the darkness passes away.
You make no sense.
Why can't the lake of fire consume and replace hell with all of hell's actions and be the same or greater in meaning?
It’s okay. Hell has been replaced with outside and inside of the kingdom. There was in Hell a paradise and a prison. It’s done away with now.
How does that feel?
You never answered me...why is he obligated?
Just desired to see what he would do. No feelings involved.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never replied back to my comment shared with you?
Nah. Your comment presupposes that Satan no longer exists. I know I've got a snowball's chance in Hell of convincing you that your preterist eschatology is wrong, so I'm not even going to try any more. Hey, I gave it my best shot in a couple other threads, but my best wasn't good enough.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah. Your comment presupposes that Satan no longer exists. I know I've got a snowball's chance in Hell of convincing you that your preterist eschatology is wrong, so I'm not even going to try any more. Hey, I gave it my best shot in a couple other threads, but my best wasn't good enough.
Okay. You realize I don’t understand everything about preterism concerning what they believe about it. I just faithfully believe that Jesus came and fulfilled his Fathers desires. Something that really gets me still is that people doubt that Jesus was able to have come back within 40 years to a generation that all the things Jesus said had till happen before the end had come. It’s alright though it’s tough… and in the end God desires for us to love all people despite the differences. As long as we can be honest from our hearts is all that matters before God walking in faith, and by the spirit, friend.

^^ only 12$ it’s addressing what concerning the context and writings in the Bible being look at by Glenn Hill.

IMG_0120.jpeg

This is an interesting read from an old timer who started questioning himself and things he had taught.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Does Satan run the world?"​

Didn't you say Satan doesn't exist?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m glad that Satan has been thrown out of the world. Can people go to the church of Satan that is around today? Sure. All Satan is a representation of Darkness. We ourselves can become full of darkness and desire to do evil, just like “Satan” did. I can’t blame Satan for my own actions. While I believe Satan was around for awhile, it seems today he is no longer around, the Bible even says that he is done away with…

So it best the question, is Satan in charge of the world? Or has God made it where it’s you, and your choice between the light and the darkness.

Are many people gonna continue to believe Satan is still out there stealing souls from God? Yes… of course they are, and the devil being around today will continue to be taught in churches and behind pulpits today, it’s between you and God what you believe. Never between you and someone else.

With the victory of Christ, yes Satan has been defeated and done away with, and the old prior age has been renewed to the age of fulfillment. Praise be to God for this, and Praise be to the Lord Jesus.

Jesus told his people who trust in him, they will find rest in their souls. How is there rest in my soul, if I’m constantly worried about the last days, or that Satan is still roaming around seeking to devour. Either Jesus and his victory has been had, or not, it’s up to the reader to decide and most people here know my side of the story.

For me Satan can be seen as also Israel for killing the Son of God, and it seems that God used Satan (Adversary) Rome to destroy Israel setting it in blazing fires. And with that the Revelation 21,22 still stand as where everything sits today.

Made new.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. You realize I don’t understand everything about preterism concerning what they believe about it. I just faithfully believe that Jesus came and fulfilled his Fathers desires. " It’s alright though it’s tough… and in the end God desires for us to love all people despite the differences. As long as we can be honest from our hearts is all that matters before God walking in faith, and by the spirit, friend.
Okay, Mathew.... But you need to realize that what you say about "Something that really gets me still is that people doubt that Jesus was able to have come back within 40 years to a generation that all the things Jesus said had till happen before the end had come."... is that the end did not come as you think it did.

The disciples HAD asked Jesus in Mathew 24:1-3

MATTHEW 24​

Signs of Christ’s Return
1Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him.
2And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.”
3As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

You are basing your beliefs....AND I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE YOU CHANGE THOSE AT ALL... BUT TO UNDERSTAND WHY I DISAGREE.... but you are basing your beliefs mainly on Mathew 24: 1-25 AND certain verses that were revealed to John in Revelation as proof they have already happened.

Now I am of the opinion that Revelation does not prove they have because all research points to the fact that
Revelation was written in the mid AD90s... long after the temple destruction.

As to what Jesus said in the Olivet discourse....

The Glorious Return
29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 31And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

There is no where in recorded history.... Not even from Josephus who was a master historian and alive in AD70...
that talks of the sun having been darkened, or the moon will not giving light.

Or everyone on earth seeing..... "and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory."

If everyone on earth saw it ... Josephus nor anyone recorded it.

OR "And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."

It simply has not happened yet.

But of interest and value is what Got Questions has to say on this subject. Can YOU prove them wrong?

I could not post all of it here due to length.... read what I did posy and emphasize then got to the link to finish

What is the Olivet Discourse? | GotQuestions.org (emphasis is mine)

The Olivet Discourse is the name given to the orderly and extended teaching given by Jesus Christ on the Mount of Olives. His subject is the end times. This discourse is recorded in Matthew 24:1 – 25:46. Parallel passages are found in Mark 13:1-37 and Luke 21:5-36. The record in Matthew is the most extensive, so reference here will be to Matthew’s Gospel.

It is important to recognize that Jesus’ teaching in this discourse is in reference to Israel and not the Church. Christ was speaking of God’s future program for Israel. Other passages to consider when studying the Olivet Discourse are Daniel 9:24-27 and Revelation 6:1–19:21, which refer to the future seven-year period called the tribulation. God’s program for the Church concludes with the rapture, which is not taught in the Olivet Discourse. The rapture of the Church is found in John 14:1-4; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

In Matthew 23, Jesus had spoken to the Pharisees concerning judgment. This can be seen in the "woe" statements in that chapter. In 24:1, Jesus was leaving the temple when the disciples called His attention to the magnificent buildings on the temple mount. Jesus then tells the disciples that “not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down” (verse 2). This prophecy was literally fulfilled in A.D. 70 when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem. The temple was burned. The gold in the temple melted in the fire and ran down into the cracks between the stones. As people later searched for the gold, they toppled every stone from its place. This destruction of Jerusalem was but a foreshadowing of what is yet to come.

Jesus’ prophecy of doom got the disciples curious, and probably more than a little concerned. When they were alone with Jesus on the Mount of Olives, they asked Him, "Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" (verse 3). What follows in Matthew 24–25 refers to the future, seven-year tribulation period and the second coming of Christ at the end of the tribulation. During that time, God will complete His chastisement and purification of Israel and judge the whole world (Daniel 9:24-27; Revelation 6–19).

Daniel 9:27 indicates that the tribulation will be divided into two equal parts. Jesus’ teaching in Matthew 24:4-8 refers to the first half. The “birth pangs” (verse 8) refer to the sufferings that Israel will experience during the first 3 1/2 years. The signs with reference to the end of the age are the coming of false messiahs (verse 5), the threat of wars and widespread conflict (verses 6-7), and various natural catastrophes (verse 7).

Revelation 6 is a parallel passage. The apostle John writes of the seal judgments. Revelation 6:2 speaks of a rider on a white horse, which refers to a false messiah called elsewhere the Antichrist and the Beast. Revelation 6:4 says that peace is taken from the earth. Revelation 6:6-8 speaks of famine and death. Jesus said these things are only the “beginning of birth pangs” (Matthew 24:8). Worse is yet to come.

In Revelation 13, the second half of the tribulation begins when the Beast, or Antichrist, sets up his rule for 42 months (cf. Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15). (My note: the Antichrist has NOT set up rule for 42 months yet)

In the Olivet Discourse, the second half of the tribulation is described in Matthew 24:9-14. Persecution of the Jews and death (verse 9) will be the result of the Beast’s rise to power. The Antichrist will also persecute anyone who refuses to follow him (Revelation 13:1-18). ( My note: This has not happened, yet)The salvation promised in Matthew 24:13 is deliverance from the Beast’s persecution. The one who endures until Christ returns will be saved from the Beast. Jesus says that “this gospel of the kingdom” will be preached worldwide before the end comes. In other words, the good news (gospel) will be available during the tribulation; the message will be that Christ will soon return in judgment to set up His earthly kingdom (Revelation 20:4-6). This message will cause many people to realize their sinful state and receive the Savior during the tribulation.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me Satan can be seen as also Israel for killing the Son of God, and it seems that God used Satan (Adversary) Rome to destroy Israel setting it in blazing fires. And with that the Revelation 21,22 still stand as where everything sits today.

Made new.
YOU have been deceived. YOU have been brainwashed.

This IS my last reply to you.

Be blessed and have a great life.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m glad that Satan has been thrown out of the world. Can people go to the church of Satan that is around today? Sure. All Satan is a representation of Darkness. We ourselves can become full of darkness and desire to do evil, just like “Satan” did. I can’t blame Satan for my own actions. While I believe Satan was around for awhile, it seems today he is no longer around, the Bible even says that he is done away with…

So it best the question, is Satan in charge of the world? Or has God made it where it’s you, and your choice between the light and the darkness.

Are many people gonna continue to believe Satan is still out there stealing souls from God? Yes… of course they are, and the devil being around today will continue to be taught in churches and behind pulpits today, it’s between you and God what you believe. Never between you and someone else.

With the victory of Christ, yes Satan has been defeated and done away with, and the old prior age has been renewed to the age of fulfillment. Praise be to God for this, and Praise be to the Lord Jesus.

Jesus told his people who trust in him, they will find rest in their souls. How is there rest in my soul, if I’m constantly worried about the last days, or that Satan is still roaming around seeking to devour. Either Jesus and his victory has been had, or not, it’s up to the reader to decide and most people here know my side of the story.

Made new.
Revelation 12:9
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Satan has deceived you GREATLY!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YOU have been deceived. YOU have been brainwashed.
Either Jesus was telling the truth, or he has deceived many people for many of thousands of years. I believe Jesus, and his Apostles, Rella. Either that generation seen what was to come in the 40 years of time or … none of it’s true to me personally.
This IS my last reply to you.
Okay.
Be blessed and have a great life.
Thank you for allowing me freedom to be able to choose for myself, I haven’t said you have been brainwashed or deceived. Many people continue to believe the manmade traditions of “Jesus is coming back, today.” Jesus fought against manmade traditions. And hopefully that will help you understand why I do believe in “Faith” that Jesus came and got the bride, and the destruction of Israel in 70Ad was Gods call upon them to suffer his wrath.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens is people would say, “well then where is your hope?” Hope to go and be with God at the end of life, hope to have peace through hardships in this life, hope to be able to useful in some way allowing God to work in and through me, by the spirit. There is still hope even though Jesus has came back and set everything right today, and his victory is not a loss compared to what some people suggest.