Does this make you want to eat at either restaurant?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is "why?" Who gains from this? What do they gain?

It's not selling hamburgers!

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that they are figuring it out.

Fast food restaurants are an exercise in numbers. Pure and simple.
But what I've always found facinating is that the marketing directors of such large companies have so little relationship with understanding of who their core market is in relationship outside of the number demographics.

It's almost a feeding frenzy of anything new or trendy in the marketplace with this sort of thing. And they tend to focus on stock price instead of actual customer counts and purchases in accurate, relational numbers. (Requires some calculus)

Let's put it this way...

Chick-fil-a got a lot of "negative" press for being "pro family" because of the primary owner donating to that cause. Which caused the LGBTQ people to cry and loudly proclaim they were boycotting the place because of the Christian values they promoted. (Clean cut kids everywhere in the place working)

Which in turn made those who like those values to flock there in droves.
People began to drive past an empty McDonald's and Taco Bell to wait in the horribly long line at Chik filet.

Meanwhile Chick-fil-A's stock price tanked unreasonably. But they are unconcerned because they are pumping out the groceries and making great profits. Which in the business world is all that truly matters..

So in 6 days a chicken sandwich seller sells as many dollars as a burger joint or a taco stand? Guess who gets the investment dollars because their costs are lower?

No trying to be friends with social groups...
No trying to tout the wonderful healthy quality of the product.
No trying to be trendy.

But they are winning.

Guess what? I'll even eat there and I'm not a fan of their food.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that they are figuring it out.

Fast food restaurants are an exercise in numbers. Pure and simple.
But what I've always found facinating is that the marketing directors of such large companies have so little relationship with understanding of who their core market is in relationship outside of the number demographics.

It's almost a feeding frenzy of anything new or trendy in the marketplace with this sort of thing. And they tend to focus on stock price instead of actual customer counts and purchases in accurate, relational numbers. (Requires some calculus)

Let's put it this way...

Chick-fil-a got a lot of "negative" press for being "pro family" because of the primary owner donating to that cause. Which caused the LGBTQ people to cry and loudly proclaim they were boycotting the place because of the Christian values they promoted. (Clean cut kids everywhere in the place working)

Which in turn made those who like those values to flock there in droves.
People began to drive past an empty McDonald's and Taco Bell to wait in the horribly long line at Chik filet.

Meanwhile Chick-fil-A's stock price tanked unreasonably. But they are unconcerned because they are pumping out the groceries and making great profits. Which in the business world is all that truly matters..

So in 6 days a chicken sandwich seller sells as many dollars as a burger joint or a taco stand? Guess who gets the investment dollars because their costs are lower?

No trying to be friends with social groups...
No trying to tout the wonderful healthy quality of the product.
No trying to be trendy.

But they are winning.

Guess what? I'll even eat there and I'm not a fan of their food.
Unfortunately, they have folded like a cheap suit to the LGBT crowd.

Chick-fil-A will no longer donate to anti-LGBTQ organizations - CNN

Fact check: Chick-fil-A has not resumed donations to anti-LGBTQ groups

The Salvation Army has done so much for those that are down-and-out; Providing food, shelter, clothing and other aid during disasters... and they have never set conditions on someone's sexuality, race, gender or religion as to whether you can receive help!

Tell me, what "LGBT" group has ever done anything for those in poverty?

Chick-fil-A no longer donates to controversial Christian charities after LGBTQ protests

Shame on Chick-fil-A !!!
I do not like that many corporations are not "Christian," but that alone does not stop me from using their products. When they become antagonistic, pro-Pervert, pro-anarchy (BLM), my money goes elsewhere. Yet, for me, it is at another level to be bold for Christian values, and then fold and become a turncoat to appease the perverts and atheists.

No, I will not purchase their mediocre food, nor their mediocre "christianity."

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, they have folded like a cheap suit to the LGBT crowd.

Chick-fil-A will no longer donate to anti-LGBTQ organizations - CNN

Fact check: Chick-fil-A has not resumed donations to anti-LGBTQ groups

The Salvation Army has done so much for those that are down-and-out; Providing food, shelter, clothing and other aid during disasters... and they have never set conditions on someone's sexuality, race, gender or religion as to whether you can receive help!

Tell me, what "LGBT" group has ever done anything for those in poverty?

Chick-fil-A no longer donates to controversial Christian charities after LGBTQ protests

Shame on Chick-fil-A !!!
I do not like that many corporations are not "Christian," but that alone does not stop me from using their products. When they become antagonistic, pro-Pervert, pro-anarchy (BLM), my money goes elsewhere. Yet, for me, it is at another level to be bold for Christian values, and then fold and become a turncoat to appease the perverts and atheists.

No, I will not purchase their mediocre food, nor their mediocre "christianity."

The corporation never really did do much in the way of donating to "controversial" groups to begin with...the CEO did out of his own personal pocket and has never stopped.

There's a lot of things that this guy does quietly like that that promotes family values. Rock Ranch is another such example.
The Rock Ranch

If you ever have been during Christmas...it's wonderful fun stuff for families.

Reactions: Bobby Jo