Don’t Be Like The Five Foolish Virgins = Matthew 25;1-5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1) They Took Their Lamps But No Oil. This is like a Christian not reading the Bible or praying to GOD.

Matthew 25;1-5

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

2) When Told The Bridegroom Was Coming, They Left To Go Shopping: This is like a Christian getting caught up in the secular world and not watching for Jesus’s return.

Matthew 25:6-10

And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Matthew 25:11-13

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

II Peter 3:10-13

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness; Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of GOD, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for New heavens and a New earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

AMEN

Reactions: Wynona

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's commonly supposed that the five unwise girls were stupid for not
bringing along enough oil for their light sources. That may be true, but I
rather suspect that their stupidity was scarcely related to the oil and mostly
related to abandoning their posts.

Had they stuck to their guns (so to speak) they could've joined the
procession along with everyone else. They may have endured a measure of
chagrin for letting their lamps go out, but at least they wouldn't miss the
party.

In other words; they let something relatively minor distract their attention
from something far more important; sort of like Nero concerning himself
with trifles while Rome is on fire all 'round the city.

Matt 25:10-12 . . While they were on their way to buy the oil, the
bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the
wedding banquet. And the door was shut. Later the others also came. Sir!
Sir! --they said-- Open the door for us! But he replied: I tell you the truth, I
don't know you.

The thing is: while the entrance was open, the general public was welcome
to come on in and join the celebration, but once the door was shut and
festivities commenced, late arrivals were permitted inside only if they were
the bridegroom's friends; which emphasizes that the invitation, though
generous, offered a limited opportunity which if not taken on time, was off
the table forever.
_

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AMEN
Dear Miz KJV Only,
The phrase "Five Foolish Virgins" is a spiritual symbol which represents those who have been "called out" but were not chosen for salvation in this age. They are not blessed and will not become the bride of Christ or a First Fruit of His harvest. The are not one of the "Elect".

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Here is the correct understanding of the parable:

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto TEN virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

The parable begins by showing us Ten Virgins. The spiritual term "Virgins" symbolizes all believers who have been called out from the world. This includes both the Elect and the non-Elect.

2Cor 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

When the parable begins, all Ten Virgins have been "espoused" and have received the Early Rain (earnest of the Spirit). This is the time when Christ calls an unbeliever out from the world and when they enter the church. At this point, all Ten Virgins will begin their time of "waiting" (Heb 9:28) for the Bridegroom to return to take His virgin to the wedding ceremony (Marriage of the Lamb, Rev 19:7).

During their time of waiting, all Ten Virgins will be made “worse than the first” (Mat 12:43-45) and will fall away from faith. This devolution of their spiritual nature will complete their carnality and they will become a Man of Sin.

The lamp which all Ten Virgins carry is a symbol which represents the Word of God (Christ/Truth) and the light which the lamp gives off represents the Law:

Psa 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Prov 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

With the light of the Law lighting the pathway, all Ten Virgins will be led to Christ.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The parable continues with two additional symbols: FIVE Wise Virgins and FIVE Foolish Virgins.

Mat 25:2 And FIVE of them were Wise, and FIVE were Foolish.

The number Five is a symbol for how we relate to God.

There are two ways by which mankind can approach God; one is by our own works and the other way is by Faith.

The Five Foolish Virgins represent those who have been called out but have not been chosen to be saints. They will only approach Christ by their own works in this age. They will remain under the Law until their physical deaths.

The Five Wise Virgins represent those who have been called out and chosen to be saints. They will for a time approach Christ by their own works alongside the Five Foolish Virgins but they will eventually change their approach to Faith.

The number of days the Five Wise Virgins will spend under the Law will be “shortened” because they will be harvested into the Kingdom of Heaven EARLY. They are the First Fruits of Christ’s harvest of mankind. The Five Wise Virgins are the only ones who will be saved in this present age.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

CONTINUED ON THE NEXT POST...

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AMEN
CONTINUED FROM THE PREVIOUS POST...

The parable continues with:

Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in flasks with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

While all Ten Virgins wait for the Bridegroom to come a second time, they ALL slumber & sleep and do not keep watch (Mat 24:42). The phrase “slumbered and slept” represents the time when all Ten Virgins are spiritually blind and have spiritually died. At this time, the Five Wise Virgins are spiritually no different from the Five Foolish Virgins. As a result of this worsened spiritual state, all Ten Virgins will become a Man of Sin (2Thes 2:1-4) and will have lost their salvation by committing fornication with Satan (following his gospel which mixes works with faith, 2Cor 11:4). They will no longer be "chaste".

However, verse 4 tells us that the Five Wise Virgins carry an extra flask of oil. This extra oil represents the anointing of the Spirit (Latter Rain). This extra oil will fill their lamps with the Spirit of the Law and will light their way under the New Covenant of Grace through faith.

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

The symbol "midnight" represents the darkest part of a called out believer’s spiritual blindness when they are under the full measure of Satan’s influence and have become a Man of Sin. When the call goes out to announce the Bridegroom’s approach, all Ten Virgins hear the call and trim their lamps. This is the same call that was made by John the Baptist to the Nation of Israel and is the same call being made now by converted Elect believers. The purpose of the call is to tell the Five Wise Virgins to repent from their works and to make the pathway straight for the Lord to travel. With their repentance and extra oil, the Wise Virgins are “ready” for the return of the Bridegroom and the Marriage of the Lamb.

When the Ten Virgins hear the voice of one crying in the wilderness” (Luke 3:4), they all rise up from their slumber and trim their lamps. However, since the Foolish Virgins do not have any extra oil, they are not ready for the Bridegroom to arrive. As their lamps begin to go out, they have to turn back to buy more. When the Bridegroom arrives, the Five Wise Virgins (who have the extra oil) are the only ones there to meet Christ. Their repentance from works and the Latter Rain of the Spirit (extra Oil) has made them an acceptable chaste virgin again. The Five Wise Virgins will then travel with the Bridegroom to the wedding where they will become the bride of Christ.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the Marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Since the Five Foolish Virgins are forced to “turn back”, they will remain under the Law and will die in their sins.

This time of turning back is "typed" in John 6:66 when some of Christ’s disciples turned back from following Christ after hearing the cry of John the Baptist.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

The Five Foolish Virgins simply were not chosen from the foundation of the world to be included in the harvest of First Fruits. Without the extra oil, they had no choice but to turn back.

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Upon the Five Foolish Virgins’ resurrection from the grave, they will be rejected by Christ and find that their portion is going to be with the unbelievers. This event commences the Day of the Lord for them. At that time, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire where they will be judged in wrath.

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the Lake of Fire.

The Five Foolish Virgins were not blessed to have their days as a Man of Sin shortened (Mat 24:22) As a result, they will have to wait until the end of the harvest season (final age) for their salvation. They will suffer “loss” and will not have life in the Kingdom of Heaven during the ages. But they will be saved; “yet so as by fire”.

1Cor 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abides which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'

When the Great Day of the Harvest (Feast of Tabernacles) finally arrives, this call will go out:

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

At that time, the remaining harvest of mankind will be gathered into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Joe

InfamousBerean

Jul 22, 2023
North East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 25:10-12 . . While they were on their way to buy the oil, the
bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the
wedding banquet. And the door was shut. Later the others also came. Sir!
Sir! --they said-- Open the door for us! But he replied: I tell you the truth, I
don't know you.

The thing is: while the entrance was open, the general public was welcome
to come on in and join the celebration, but once the door was shut and
festivities commenced, late arrivals were permitted inside only if they were
the bridegroom's friends; which emphasizes that the invitation, though
generous, offered a limited opportunity which if not taken on time, was off
the table forever.
_
Matthew 22:11-14 says otherwise... you can get in but don't belong unless you are faithfully obedient to Christ...

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Jewish marriage tradition during Jesus's ministry, like the wedding at Cana, weddings were in two parts. The groom prepared a home in his fathers house for the bride. When the father gave the signal for the groom to get his bride, He and his friends get the bride and brings her back to the fathers house for the wedding feast. This is the rapture. When the bride groom and with his bride(saints) return in the second coming, He comes for the tribulation saints. The bride groom comes with his bride to wake the brides maids for the marriage supper. The 10 virgins are Christ's example of the church where the 5 wise have the Holy Spirit and the 5 foolish are church people that are unsaved.
Jesus was aware that in the future there would be people occupying pew seats not saved.

InfamousBerean

Jul 22, 2023
North East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Jewish marriage tradition during Jesus's ministry, like the wedding at Cana, weddings were in two parts. The groom prepared a home in his fathers house for the bride. When the father gave the signal for the groom to get his bride, He and his friends get the bride and brings her back to the fathers house for the wedding feast. This is the rapture. When the bride groom and with his bride(saints) return in the second coming, He comes for the tribulation saints. The bride groom comes with his bride to wake the brides maids for the marriage supper. The 10 virgins are Christ's example of the church where the 5 wise have the Holy Spirit and the 5 foolish are church people that are unsaved.
Jesus was aware that in the future there would be people occupying pew seats not saved.
While I agree that Jesus knew that there would be those in the church that call Jesus Lord but don't do what He says, I don't agree with the place prepared for us being located in heaven (for several reasons), and that the rapture occurs before the resurrection of the dead.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with the place prepared for us being located in heaven (for several reasons),
The raptured saints are in Paradise with Jesus, until the marriage supper of the lamb. That's when the Bride ( the body of Christ) is presented to the Father in Heaven.

InfamousBerean

Jul 22, 2023
North East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The raptured saints are in Paradise with Jesus, until the marriage supper of the lamb. That's when the Bride ( the body of Christ) is presented to the Father in Heaven.
Luke 23:43 is not a very good verse to base a theological argument on due to its requirement for proper punctuation that does not exist in the Greek.

Lets eat, grandma!
Lets eat Grandma!
Same words, just a comma changes the whole meaning.

“Truly I say to you today (G4594) you shall be (G2071) with me in Paradise (G3857).”

“Truly I say to you (this day or now [literal]) you (implied) (will be [future tense of G1510]) with me in (Eden or place of future happiness like Eden). (Also used in Revelation 2:7)

“Truly I say to you now, you will be with me in Eden.” Or “Truly I say to you today, you shall be with me in Paradise.”

What Bible verse is that, where the bride is presented to God?

Doesn't Revelation 20:4-5 tell us exactly when the first resurrection takes place?

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not a single scripture that supports your claim of a pre-trib rapture and then a second rapture later.

RETURN to the Holy Scriptures in the 'fear of God' = Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 23:43 is not a very good verse to base a theological argument on due to its requirement for proper punctuation that does not exist in the Greek.

Lets eat, grandma!
Lets eat Grandma!
Same words, just a comma changes the whole meaning.
Good point, Precious friend, and:

A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not a single scripture that supports your claim of a pre-trib rapture and then a second rapture later.

RETURN to the Holy Scriptures in the 'fear of God' = Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19
I didn't claim it. Its from the 1st century wedding ceremony. John wrote it here:

Revelation 19:7-9 -
Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!

Instead of me explaining it to you, read it here:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't claim it. Its from the 1st century wedding ceremony. John wrote it here:

Revelation 19:7-9 -
Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!

Instead of me explaining it to you, read it here:

YES, the Wedding of the Lamb and His Bride = AMEN

Do you know when it Began?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Groom is in the Fathers house preparing a place for those of His.

John 14:1-3 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 14:1-3 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
ABSOLUTELY TRUE

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is something for you to SEE = the Groom is the Father's House

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1) They Took Their Lamps But No Oil. This is like a Christian not reading the Bible or praying to GOD.

Matthew 25;1-5

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

2) When Told The Bridegroom Was Coming, They Left To Go Shopping: This is like a Christian getting caught up in the secular world and not watching for Jesus’s return.

Matthew 25:6-10

And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Matthew 25:11-13

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

II Peter 3:10-13

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness; Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of GOD, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for New heavens and a New earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

AMEN
Well all believers cannot be like the five foolish virgins. Parables explain spiritual truths. Oil is symbolic of the Holy spirit. All saved have the indwelling of the spirit. The five foolish virgins did not have the Holy Spirit (oil) thus are unsaved.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is something for you to SEE = the Groom is the Father's House
Yes, but I'm just quoting the Bible. I am fully aware of the Trinity as Jesus and the Holy Spirit have spoken to me, mostly the Holy Spirit though, but all three symbolically have appeared in my prophetic dreams.