~ Don't Get Hoodwinked ~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus , @Nancy, @Rita, @Pearl , @Hidden In Him , @lforrest @Cookie, @Enoch111 , @bbyrd009, @APAK , @Heart2Soul , @Angelina .. @Josho , @aspen , @justbyfaith
@marks @Brakelite2 @marksman @101G @Giuliano, @Grailhunter, @quietthinker @Candidus

Can't remember others, sorry if I forgot your name ♥︎

=====================
Today I want to unburden my heart and hope I have your attention for a moment..

I’m finding that my adult married children ( Good and strong Christian)..and many christian friends …also including many friends of you on this Site .. People right now seem so distracted by what Satan is doing in the earth right now. ( And that is indeed the Devil’s intent. )
We have such an abundance of negative threads all talking about what is going on around us with The Globalists , Covid , Black lives Matter , and everything else.

I am sure Satan is thrilled to have all this attention by Christians right now!

As many of you already know, I am no shrinking closet-type Conspiracy Theorist .
We have studied their plans and been very aware of the plotting since the 60’s.

It just that we, as christians should be "salt and light." ..not adding to the gloom or wringing of our hand with worry.
God has well warned us of these days we are living in …it’s not like we didn’t know all these things would happen. Things may not be happening quite like we thought it would happen …but we knew their end goa....to Dethrone God and the worship of Satan ,darkness, and evil, by all the peoples of the world

At the moment it 'looks like' the Globalists are winning ( behind every negative thing coming against our countries and all the people, we see the Globalist.. W.W.O.)

But God is not biting His nails …He has folded His hands…*it is Satan’s time, the cup of evil is not quite yet full.
Fasten your seat belt , because it is all going to get much worse.
Maybe not even during this wave, but if not now, it will be growing in silence until more action.

This morning my husband was concerned after reading that some woman had announced that-
“There is no firm evidence that sex with children is harmful.”
My husband went nuts!
I had to reign him in and reminded him of all the things I have said above.
These and other "statements" should no longer shock us , evil is and must have 'it allotted time'. It will all get even 'darker' and far worse before we see the dawn of God's New Day. So Buckle up.

I told my husband- “ If this is going to shake you , then you need to be prepared. “

God has said - “ I will shake all that can be shaken..” The furnace will be seven times hotter...but we will not bow the knee...there is one with us in the fire ...the Son of God...

So, Will you also be shaken?

God has had us 'in training’ throughout all of our christian life.
He will yet manifest His Glorious Church , that He has given to us and covered us with His Armour that He has given for this very time.

To each one of us God is saying what was said to Queen Esther -“ Who knoweth that thou has been brought to the kingdom for such an time as this.”

We do really need to start looking up , changing our focus …stop looking at what the Devil is doing and focus on what God is doing and is preparing in the heavens …if all this is happening here now, much more is happening in God’s realm.

PLEASE, if you feel the ‘need' to start yet another thread about what is happening in the earth…PLEASE also take a moment to also start a thread with some victory in it too! Bring balance to the Site.

Please don’t forget Who’s messengers and ambassador we are supposed to be.

Last edited:
R

Rita

A great big Amen to that Helen, I have had the very same thing on my heart for the last few weeks - but to be honest with all the negativity on this forum I just wasn’t sure how to convey it - the focus doesn’t seem to be on God, and I have equally played in to it all - it’s so easy to get drawn in, but totally draining as a result.
In all fairness to Dave, I think I would have responded to the comment by the lady, but I know for a fact dan would as well - it shows such deep deception.
It’s kind of surreal here in Brighton, where I live is just so peaceful- I look out on the beautiful South Downs, and all seems so calm - more so with not going into town much because of the lockdown. I am not watching the news- then I come on here and ‘ boom ‘ it’s another world, but not perhaps a Christian one because everyone is having a dig at everyone else.I am still, studying Nehemiah- on chapters 9-10 where the people are rededicating themselves to The Lord. If you think what Gods people were surrounded by in OT times, some of the pagan practices were awful - Nehemiah's generation chose to refocus, but they had to build the defences walls first - and the temple had to be put right - then they all came together in unity , confession , praise ect x

Rita x

Last edited by a moderator:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus , @Nancy, @Rita, @Pearl , @Hidden In Him , @Cookie, @Enoch111 , @bbyrd009, @APAK , @Heart2Soul , @Angelina .. @Josho , @aspen , @justbyfaith
@marks @Brakelite2 @marksman @101G @Giuliano, @Grailhunter, @quietthinker @Candidus

=====================
Today I want to unburden my heart and hope I have you attention for a moment..

I’m finding that my adult married children ( Good and strong Christian)..and many christian friends …also including many friends of you on this Site .. People right now seem so distracted by what Satan is doing in the earth right now. ( And that is indeed the Devil’s intent. )
We have such an abundance of negative threads all talking about what is going on around us with The Globalists , Covid , Black lives Matter , and everything else.

As many of you already know, I am no shrinking closet-type Conspiracy Theorist .

It just that we, as christians should be salt and light. ..not adding to the gloom or wringing of our hand with worry.
God has well warned us of these days we are living in …it’s not like we didn’t know all these things would happen. Things may not be happening quite like we thought it would happen …but we knew their end goal. Dethrone God and the worship of Satan ,darkness, and evil, by all the peoples of the world

At the moment it 'looks like' the Globalists are winning ( behind every negative thing coming against our countries and all the people, are the Globalist.. W.W.O.)

But God is not biting His nails …He has folded His hands…*it is Satan’s time, the cup of evil is not quite yet full.
Maybe not even during this wave, but if not now, it will be growing in silence until more action.

This morning my husband was concerned after reading that some woman had announced that-
“The is no firm evidence that sex with children is harmful.”
My husband went nuts!

I had to reign him in and say all the things I have said above.
That statement should no longer shock us , evil is and must have it allotted time. It will all get darker and worse before we see the dawn of God new Day. Buckle up.

I told my husband “ If this is going to shake you you need to be prepared. “

God has said - “ I will shake all that can be shaken..”

Will you also be shaken?

God has had us 'in training’ throughout all of our christian life. He will yet manifest His Glorious Church that is totally covered with the armour that He has given us for this very time.

To each one of us God is saying what was said to Queen Esther -“ Who knoweth that thou has been brought to the kingdom for such an time as this.”

We do really need to start looking up , changing our focus …stop looking at what the Devil is doing and focus on what God is doing and is preparing in the heavens …if all this is happening here now, much more is happening in God’s realm.

PLEASE, if you feel the ‘need' to start yet another thread about what is happening in the earth…PLEASE also take a moment to also start a thread with some victory in it too! Bring balance to the Site.

Much agreed here Helen! Satan has taken many an eye off of Christ with all of this. He will distract continually...and yes...we need desperately to strengthen our faith to face all of these things we have been warned about in scripture...I'm sure those were put there for this very time!
Wonderful post my English friend :D
xo

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Helen, my dear sister in christ. understand what I'm about to say, and consider it with an open mind. all these abundance of negative thread and things going on in the world today, listen to what the Lord Jesus said, John 14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." (NOW I COULD STOP RIGHT THERE).
John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." (GOOD NEWS).
John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (MORE GOOD NEWS).

so all of this going on now don't bother me a bit, for while we're in the world we will have tribulation, John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (SO MY SISTER, BE OF GOOD CHEER... OK). for all of this is only but for a short time.

but what will bother me is when and if I'm alive hear this.... 1 Thessalonians 5:3 "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

notice something my sister Helen, sudden destruction cometh upon them. not US, but them. and they will not escape. so take hope, and be of Good chere, for thy redemption is NEAR..... (smile). so until then, James 1:12 "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

now one other thing, understand in your spirit what I'm about to say....... "Let the dead bury the dead".

Be bless and be safe in the Lord Jesus.

PICJAG

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus , @Nancy, @Rita, @Pearl , @Hidden In Him , @Cookie, @Enoch111 , @bbyrd009, @APAK , @Heart2Soul , @Angelina .. @Josho , @aspen , @justbyfaith

=====================

It just that we, as christians should be "salt and light." ..not adding to the gloom or wringing of our hand with worry.
God has well warned us of these days we are living in …it’s not like we didn’t know all these things would happen. Things may not be happening quite like we thought it would happen …but we knew their end goal. Dethrone God and the worship of Satan ,darkness, and evil, by all the peoples of the world

At the moment it 'looks like' the Globalists are winning ( behind every negative thing coming against our countries and all the people, are the Globalist.. W.W.O.)

My husband went nuts!
These and other "statements" should no longer shock us , evil is and must have 'it allotted time'. It will all get even 'darker' and far worse before we see the dawn of God's New Day. So Buckle up.

I told my husband- “ If this is going to shake you , then you need to be prepared. “

God has said - “ I will shake all that can be shaken..” The furnace will be seven times hotter...but we will not bow the knee...there is one with us in the fire ...the Son of God...

He will yet manifest His Glorious Church , that He has given to us and covered us with His Armour that He has given for this very time.

Viewership dropped from over 100+ on an almost continual basis down to into the 40s. Certainly issues need to be addressed so the right Christian responses can be arrived at, but after awhile viewers sense when they are being edified and when they are not.

It's why I was blessed to see a thread like this. Back to spirituality, and what I see the Spirit of God revealing among us, instead of continually focusing on all the negatives:
How should the church service be structured

I've posted some threads to the same end:
Staying Positive!
Preserving Our Christian Heritage (the second has some negative elements to it, but the focus is on the good God is doing in spite of it).

The music threads we were into were also nice as well.

So glad the family noticed, and I'm not surprised at all. Those who are truly His have an obligation to obey what is commanded in Philippians 4:8.

Blessings.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s kind of surreal here in Brighton, where I live is just so peaceful- I look out on the beautiful South Downs, and all seems so calm

Good report! I thank God for my city. We love one another. There was a little protest but things were peaceful, and I see so many people here so close and respectful; ready to bridge any gaps and minister even more kindness to one another at the drop of a hat.

Closer with my black friends now more than ever.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A great big Amen to that Helen, I have had the very same thing on my heart for the last few weeks - but to be honest with all the negativity on this forum I just wasn’t sure how to convey it - the focus doesn’t seem to be on God, and I have equally played in to it all - it’s so easy to get drawn in, but totally draining as a result.
In all fairness to Dave, I think I would have responded to the comment by the lady, but I know for a fact dan would as well - it shows such deep deception.
It’s kind of surreal here in Brighton, where I live is just so peaceful- I look out on the beautiful South Downs, and all seems so calm - more so with not going into town much because of the lockdown. I am not watching the news- then I come on here and ‘ boom ‘ it’s another world, but not perhaps a Christian one because everyone is having a dig at everyone else.I am still, studying Nehemiah- on chapters 9-10 where the people are rededicating themselves to The Lord. If you think what Gods people were surrounded by in OT times, some of the pagan practices were awful - Nehemiah's generation chose to refocus, but they had to build the defences walls first - and the temple had to be put right - then they all came together in unity , confession , praise ect x

Rita x

Amen. Glad you understood what I was trying to convey. Some of God's people seem so focused on disaster and all that is negative at the moment as if they had forgotten the warnings we have been given of such woes before the the dawn.

Yes, as you say, re Dave and what the lady said about sex with little children not being harmful.
It makes a person want to vomit. Tell that to all those it has happened to...me included...the first time at age 7 .
But we are living at a perverted time. I was hoping I would be outa here before now...but it's not to be :D
We are each in it, alone together.

I can just picture the South Downs, you are blessed! I would love a stroll along the pebbles there at sunset watching the sea and waves. sigh.
In another life! :)

Take care Rita ..x

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Helen, my dear sister in christ. understand what I'm about to say, and consider it with an open mind. all these abundance of negative thread and things going on in the world today, listen to what the Lord Jesus said, John 14:1 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." (NOW I COULD STOP RIGHT THERE).
John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." (GOOD NEWS).
John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (MORE GOOD NEWS).

so all of this going on now don't bother me a bit, for while we're in the world we will have tribulation, John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (SO MY SISTER, BE OF GOOD CHEER... OK). for all of this is only but for a short time.

but what will bother me is when and if I'm alive hear this.... 1 Thessalonians 5:3 "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."

notice something my sister Helen, sudden destruction cometh upon them. not US, but them. and they will not escape. so take hope, and be of Good chere, for thy redemption is NEAR..... (smile). so until then, James 1:12 "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

now one other thing, understand in your spirit what I'm about to say....... "Let the dead bury the dead".

Be bless and be safe in the Lord Jesus.

PICJAG

You are preaching to the converted.
This is what I have been saying to my family and hubby.
One daughter this morning who lives down there in the states..I finally said .
"STOP! Listen to yourself ..in 1 1/2 hours of chatting all you can talk about is gloom and doom. STOP watching and listening to it...it is robbing you of your joy.
The world is not out of control , it is just in Satan's control for some of them, they are coming out of the woodwork and showing their colours. GOD is still Sovereign and we haven't seen The End yet. Look up!"

She finally understood what I was trying to say.
We need to ask ourselves...Where is my focus ?.

As King David said - " I have set the Lord always before my face, He is at my right hand I shall not be moved."

So many Christian are 'being moved'.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Helen @everyone else as well: I also hope our new friend and brother @bukka is also around to see and read some of these things. Whether you agree with him or not, he has not been treated nicely by more than one to whom by whom I have often been blessed on this forum. Even if he is wrong and you are that right that is no excuse. Apparently some Bible students do not even know what the Golden Rule is. They do not realize that Jesus spoke of it. Jesus lived it. Do we?

"Do onto others as you would have others do onto you!" [see Matt 7:12 & Luke 6:3 and many others...]

The Spirit of @bukka was is better than the spirits I saw coming against him supposedly from the Lord's side.

We are all still flesh and at times following the ways of our flesh and we have so little mercy for those who may be walking a somewhat different pathway than we are...

I am sitting quietly at home with only my wife most of the time reading my Bible or doing some of our old folks stuff.

Last night I called my lonely old pastor and told him I would be coming to visit him regularly on Wednesdays again starting this next week. He was delighted and I am also looking forward to it. I have enjoyed my time here on this forum at times, but not so much lately...

I have been on this forum daily, but mostly skimming over all of the heavier BLM [not Bureau of Land Management, LOL] and Corona Virus stuff that has replaced a lot of the dart throwing at the Catholics, Mormons, JWs and anyone else with whom someone disagrees and had decided that God also disagrees with them. A break for them. This stuff is for t
he most part like a lot of our other regular threads... very, very repetitive, so many people so certain that if they just give their opinion enough times with their own pet verses and interpretations they will somehow finally convince the guy that hasn't been convinced so far. Having fun are we? How often do any of us stop in the middle of such a muddle and ask the other guy to pray together right now? I'm talking to me too.

I have given a few likes but posted little and not bothered to read at all so very many posts. God is simply too often too far removed from both sides from what I am able to see. My own vision may also be blurry.

Often, I believe a post inserted in the middle of someone else's conversation will not even be read at all even if the Lord is in it. Remember that the Israelites in the wilderness had Moses much of the time, a real man of God, but only two men made it into the Promised Land.

People post without talking to God asking for direction... as if they were able to direct themselves properly. They presume that because they quote a scripture verbatim, they must be right. They talk about praying, but how many of them pray or ask for prayer before they forge ahead to win their own case? God doesn't need their help it would seem... and they don't need His.

I keep trying to delve deeper each day into those first things first according Matt 6:33. Most of the rest of this stuff is over the top for me. I know already more about politics and the ways of men than I want to know. I don't know as much about the things of God as I need to know. Moving forward now toward Him. Is that not the Way we should be going... all of us?

Sorry to go off, but all of this junk accomplishes little for the Kingdom of God. I have missed it too many times myself to point fingers, but sometimes we all need to review our own hearts with God.

Help us dear Lord!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God's been speaking to me also on this, as one rather active in those threads. That seems to be a thing about me. If I see darkness and shadows, I want to shine light there!

But exactly what you said!

He puts His mouth in the dust, if so there may be hope!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is not out of control , it is just in Satan's control for some of them, they are coming out of the woodwork and showing their colours. GOD is still Sovereign and we haven't seen The End yet. Look up!"
The world "lies cradled in the arms of Satan", but we are in Christ. My wife and I have been making a point to enumerate every benefit from Covid and now the riots that comes to us, and we've discovered so many ways that God has given us benefits that spring out of these circumstances.

I think where it says that which restrains will do so until it's out of the way, that this is God's promise to His children. All things will work for our good. If there is something that will not work for our good, then God will not allow it. The evil thing that cannot be a benefit to His children He will not allow.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also hope our new friend and brother @bukka is also around to see and read some of these things. Whether you agree with him or not, he has not been treated nicely by more than one to whom by whom I have often been blessed on this forum.
With all respect, by his activity I believe he was here to create the very situation @Helen is describing. I'm certain we all have our own opinions on that.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have stayed out of politics for a long time, I didn't even get into the politics with the covid thing, even though I had my own opinions. I don't even have cable and don't normally watch TV, but this whole thing with the riots was different, watching news, trying to get to the truth and then I found myself right in the middle on this forum. I just keep thinking that I am young, there is alot of things I want to do and with covid and the riots, that everything will change and all my friends are talking about a civil war (they are ready for one), and wonder if this will really happen.

Honestly, it's better to stay out of politics all together, even wrote it in another thread but then was sucked in by my own anxiety.

So, I am part of the problem with the negative threads, sorry about that, but thanks for the heads up. I'm going to try and not to worry so much about a civil war and study the Bible and pray more.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen. Glad you understood what I was trying to convey. Some of God's people seem so focused on disaster and all that is negative at the moment as if they had forgotten the warnings we have been given of such woes before the the dawn.

Yes, as you say, re Dave and what the lady said about sex with little children not being harmful.
It makes a person want to vomit. Tell that to all those it has happened to...me included...the first time at age 7 .
But we are living at a perverted time. I was hoping I would be outa here before now...but it's not to be :D
We are each in it, alone together.

I can just picture the South Downs, you are blessed! I would love a stroll along the pebbles there at sunset watching the sea and waves. sigh.
In another life! :)

Take care Rita ..x
Its not just disasters, we all got caught up in the stupidity of it all, but now its the serious things, who will be ready when He comes, like a thief in the night.

Jesus wept for Israel, would you think He would not be weeping for those who call them selves by His name.

I feel sorry for our children, If i had know what was coming Im not so sure I would of had any. The end is upon us, there will be much rejoicing but also much anguish.

God bless

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all respect, by his activity I believe he was here to create the very situation @Helen is describing. I'm certain we all have our own opinions on that.
The situation was not caused by any one person. People [plural] did it by establishing their own boundaries or jumping into someone else's boundaries instead of looking to the Lord on everything they did. Black and white rules don't work. They did not work in the OT and they do not work today trying to treat the NT writings like another book of literal laws.

I believe @bukka was also wrong for continuing, but so was everyone else I saw participating on one thread. No one was fixing anything. No one was convincing anyone!

Who was edified in the things of God by the confrontations... again without regard to the right or wrong on any one point? No one! There are good arguments for each side, but what good are arguments if no one listens or no one is convinced?

So don't join either side. Join God alone! Did Jesus join the Pharisees or Sadducees or Essenes or the Herodians? I think not! He simply walked with God and if necessary would have walked without even one human follower.

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?" John 6:66-67

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not just disasters, we all got caught up in the stupidity of it all, but now its the serious things, who will be ready when He comes, like a thief in the night.

Jesus wept for Israel, would you think He would not be weeping for those who call them selves by His name.

I feel sorry for our children, If i had know what was coming Im not so sure I would of had any. The end is upon us, there will be much rejoicing but also much anguish.

God bless
Even that may not have worked! My son chose not to have any children although he got married. His wife already had children by a previous marriage and now they are bringing up a grandson as their own. He chose not to be a father, but God had fatherhood in mind for him. He is a good father compared many that I have seen and his grandson [my great great grandson] is a wonderful kid. Give God the glory!

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus , @Nancy, @Rita, @Pearl , @Hidden In Him , @lforrest @Cookie, @Enoch111 , @bbyrd009, @APAK , @Heart2Soul , @Angelina .. @Josho , @aspen , @justbyfaith

=====================

My husband went nuts!

Great reminder Amadeus!!!! I do believe I was oblivious to some of these things. But I also believe as salt and light of the earth, a good message is needed in accompanying it. Jesus saves, He is our Hope, and He will deliver. I am very grateful that no matter how darkness seems to win, its time is limited before Light will have complete victory over darkness. This infuriates Satan.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great reminder Amadeus!!!! I do believe I was oblivious to some of these things. But I also believe as salt and light of the earth, a good message is needed in accompanying it. Jesus saves, He is our Hope, and He will deliver. I am very grateful that no matter how darkness seems to win, its time is limited before Light will have complete victory over darkness. This infuriates Satan.
You quoted Helen's post rather than mine here, but yes it was a good one!