~ Don't Get Hoodwinked ~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We do really need to start looking up , changing our focus …stop looking at what the Devil is doing and focus on what God is doing and is preparing in the heavens …if all this is happening here now, much more is happening in God’s realm.
Hi Helen,
I agree with your sentiment in that Christians are not to allow the Darkness to overcome the Light. Christians are not to allow depression and despair into their hearts and minds, because God is always sovereign in the affairs of men.

Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. (Isaiah 44:8)

Christians are not to allow the lies being perpetrated through men to deceive them. However, we all need to remember that within God's plan of redemption for both souls and His creation, He has allowed Satan a sliver of time before the Second Coming of Christ, but after the Rapture.

Therefore world events are moving in that direction. Which does not mean that right-thinking individuals (even if they are not believers) should just throw up their hands. There is a great deal that can be done to oppose evil and evildoers. As David said when he saw Goliath "Is there not a cause?"

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are preaching to the converted.
This is what I have been saying to my family and hubby.
One daughter this morning who lives down there in the states..I finally said .
"STOP! Listen to yourself ..in 1 1/2 hours of chatting all you can talk about is gloom and doom. STOP watching and listening to it...it is robbing you of your joy.
The world is not out of control , it is just in Satan's control for some of them, they are coming out of the woodwork and showing their colours. GOD is still Sovereign and we haven't seen The End yet. Look up!"

She finally understood what I was trying to say.
We need to ask ourselves...Where is my focus ?.

As King David said - " I have set the Lord always before my face, He is at my right hand I shall not be moved."

So many Christian are 'being moved'.

Yes Helen, "moved" and shaken and crazy fearful!
"it is robbing you of your joy." <---- Done with Satan taking ANY more of my joy, or my families! Where is our faith? And...as you say where are our eyes. We are so easily distracted and what gets me is, why are so many Christians "surprised" at the things happening?? Not being taught much in this area perhaps?
And then, there is always ignore which, yes seems rude yet...brings peace?
xo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I told my husband- “ If this is going to shake you , then you need to be prepared. “

PREPARED is EXCELLENT ADVICE. And where so many Christians think that tomorrow will be no different than today, let me remind you the placid attitudes of the Jews as they approached the Holocaust.

And where some perceive the "season" which may be a year of ten years, Scripture provides that we've apparently already crossed the threshold of the 42 month (NOT "seven year") TRIBULATION. And so these semi awake Christians may not be as ardent in their PREPARATION as the times would demand.

We're already TWO YEARS into the Tribulation, and have some 12 months until we can't buy or sell; and some 6 months until global thermonuclear war.

And GOD doesn't take his Children OUT, but HE does take the sinners out. So BE PREPARED.
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We're already TWO YEARS into the Tribulation, and have some 12 months until we can't buy or sell; and some 6 months until global thermonuclear war.
We cannot be two years into the Tribulation. The Tribulation and the reign of the Antichrist correspond. And there is no Antichrist who has taken control of the whole world as yet.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Helen @everyone else as well: I also hope our new friend and brother @bukka is also around to see and read some of these things. Whether you agree with him or not, he has not been treated nicely by more than one to whom by whom I have often been blessed on this forum. Even if he is wrong and you are that right that is no excuse. Apparently some Bible students do not even know what the Golden Rule is. They do not realize that Jesus spoke of it. Jesus lived it. Do we?

Hi John
I actually don't recall anything that I have said to bukka at any time.
Maybe I did , but I don't remember being horrible to him.

If I have, I will apologize to him in a PM.
First I will double check my previous posts and try to find a post to him...I don't remember any post or conversation with him.

Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot be two years into the Tribulation. The Tribulation and the reign of the Antichrist correspond. And there is no Antichrist who has taken control of the whole world as yet.

You make an assertion when maybe you should ask a question.

You don't know what you don't know.
Bobby Jo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Enoch111 and @Bobby Jo

Really appreciate you posts ...♥︎
But I am hoping we don't get this thread sidetrack about 'the timing of things or how everything winds-up'...
Each one of us has a different understanding of the 'end-time' timeline and we are each sure that our opinion is the correct one.
So lets call it a day on that subject.

Appreciate you both...H

Reactions: Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi John
I actually don't recall anything that I have said to bukka at any time.
Maybe I did , but I don't remember being horrible to him.

If I have, I will apologize to him in a PM.
First I will double check my previous posts and try to find a post to him...I don't remember any post or conversation with him.

Thanks for the heads up.
I don't remember you being in the worst thread that I read with regard to the BLM and such things. People disagreed with him which was fine. It was the not the disagreements that bothered me as much as the insistence on both sides, his as well as theirs that they were right. His attitude generally was better from a Christian point of view without regard to the pro and cons actually presented.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... or how everything winds-up'...

It seems to me that your Topic was how everything winds up, -- and not necessarily how everything ends up. So as we approach each day, we should anticipate various aspects in our church, our community, our nation, and our world, -- so that we are not caught unaware and unprepared.

And so we Christians should know what the Prophecies provide so that we can anticipate and mitigate the various declines which we can influence, and possibly avoid those aspects which are beyond our control, typical of:

Rev. 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

Bobby Jo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems to me that your Topic was how everything winds up, -- and not necessarily how everything ends up. So as we approach each day, we should anticipate various aspects in our church, our community, our nation, and our world, -- so that we are not caught unaware and unprepared.

And so we Christians should know what the Prophecies provide so that we can anticipate and mitigate the various declines which we can influence, and possibly avoid those aspects which are beyond our control, typical of:

Rev. 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues;

Bobby Jo

Hi there.

I guess my main reason for posting this thread was because I feel like all around me , Christians seem amazed at the things which are happening.

For the younger ones it is probably worrying because us oldies will die off and they may go through more than us.

Back in the 80's I was quite sure of the timeline :D
Then again, back in my 30's I was quite sure that I had everything down pat! LOL

By the end of the 90's I was unlearning and throwing out many of the things that I once thought that I knew.

Now I no long worry about the when or the how of it. I just know we are in "the season" , but none of us know for sure how long God's seasons last!

We are agreed, we need to be READY for whatever is around the next corner.
And we need to calm down the panicky Christians...

None of what is happening is taking God by surprise...and if we have 'ears to hear'...it shouldn't have taken us by surprise either.

I am not enjoying seeing Satan loose to cause chaos ..nevertheless ...it is in the book...but we can rest assured, the darkest hour is just before dawn.

bless you...H

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... we need to be READY for whatever is around the next corner.
And we need to calm down the panicky Christians...

It seems to me that the BEST CONFIDENCE is INFORMATION. If we know what to anticipate, we can mitigate. And I agree that ignorance regarding Bible Prophecy is rampant. Some people assert that the a/c is the BEAST (see Post #24), and then can't identify any of the attributes including why Rev. 12 says SEVEN Diadems; and Rev. 13 says TEN Diadems.

So where we ALL were previously confused, there IS A TRUTH. And it takes looking beyond a Teacher, a Preacher, a Commentator, a Translation, and a Concordance. The TRUTH must go all the way to the Scholars who observe a UNIQUE TEXT, which they can't explain. And rather than IGNORING the EVIDENCE so unwisely as Dr. John Walvoord in his book "Daniel, the Key to Prophetic Revelation", we must OBEY the literal text and discover what the angel (Dan. 12:4 & 9) so clearly defined as ONLY available for those living at THE TIME OF THE END.

Or we can stumble about in blindness, imagining terror in the shadows and not seeing the vipers under foot.

1 Thess. 5:3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

Bobby Jo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree, being aware is vital to being prepared.
It's not that we don't grieve and care about the things evil things going on in the world ..it's just we don't allow them to 'move us' from the solid Rock.

It just seems to me that people are reading and hearing what the media is saying and believing all that they hear... yet how many are prepared to HEAR what the Spirit is saying to the Church.
That is what and where we need to concentrate and focus. Not saturate ourselves in what is called "News".

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all respect, by his activity I believe he was here to create the very situation @Helen is describing. I'm certain we all have our own opinions on that.

I understand the message of this thread here but I must say I agree with you 1000 percent. It seems that Satan schemed to attack us and see were we were sat at by using that user. I have always had discernment with forum users when new users come in and I never asked for it but I can tell when evil enters.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand the message of this thread here but I must say I agree with you 1000 percent. It seems that Satan schemed to attack us and see were we were sat at by using that user.

Glad to see you found the thread. I had you in mind but couldn't remember how you avatar name was spelled. So good to see you. :)

Reactions: historyb
R

Rita

I am not sure that Satan needs to bring anyone in to attack - think we are doing that quite well by ourselves - look at all the divisions that exist, all the angst there is between one another- and we are all contributing, joining in. The world takes offence at every opportunity, isn’t that what happens within the threads here. You cannot have a constructive conversation without it turning into a war between posters.
If this is what it’s like in the forum, what’s it like in the churches - or is it that people are more real here. That this is a place to let of steam , frustration.
When I was looking at Nehemiah yesterday the writer of the study book mentioned that when the Israelites left Egypt they did not know how to fight the enemies that surrounded them, they had been enslaved. It’s something they had to learn to do- they spent time in the wilderness learning about relationship with the Lord.
Well, Nehemiah is a picture of redemption, relationship and restoration - but it’s also about doing things WITH the Lord, Nehemiah never lost sight of who he needed.
I am on my own learning curve as I lost sight of ‘ Who ‘ I needed but also I am well aware that we are in a battle, and that takes training and guidance - but no one ever really talks about ‘ HOW ‘ we should be fighting within the currant situations. It’s okay knowing what is going on, quite another to actually ‘ hear ‘ what God is saying to us as individuals or collectively . It strikes me that many convey things that have been laid on their hearts , but often as not many on here don’t want to hear , they just want to carry on talking and doing their own thing. That is not fighting in a spiritual way, it’s doing what the world does.
If we were all humbling ourselves to the Lord, wouldn’t it show itself throughout the forum !?
Rita xx

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@amadeus , @Nancy, @Rita, @Pearl , @Hidden In Him , @lforrest @Cookie, @Enoch111 , @bbyrd009, @APAK , @Heart2Soul , @Angelina .. @Josho , @aspen , @justbyfaith
@marks @Brakelite2 @marksman @101G @Giuliano, @Grailhunter, @quietthinker @Candidus

Can't remember others, sorry if I forgot your name ♥︎

=====================
Today I want to unburden my heart and hope I have you attention for a moment..

I’m finding that my adult married children ( Good and strong Christian)..and many christian friends …also including many friends of you on this Site .. People right now seem so distracted by what Satan is doing in the earth right now. ( And that is indeed the Devil’s intent. )
We have such an abundance of negative threads all talking about what is going on around us with The Globalists , Covid , Black lives Matter , and everything else.

I am sure Satan is thrilled to have all this attention by Christians right now!

As many of you already know, I am no shrinking closet-type Conspiracy Theorist .
We have studied their plans and been very aware of the plotting since the 60’s.

It just that we, as christians should be "salt and light." ..not adding to the gloom or wringing of our hand with worry.
God has well warned us of these days we are living in …it’s not like we didn’t know all these things would happen. Things may not be happening quite like we thought it would happen …but we knew their end goal. Dethrone God and the worship of Satan ,darkness, and evil, by all the peoples of the world

At the moment it 'looks like' the Globalists are winning ( behind every negative thing coming against our countries and all the people, are the Globalist.. W.W.O.)

But God is not biting His nails …He has folded His hands…*it is Satan’s time, the cup of evil is not quite yet full.
Fasten your seat belt , because it is all going to get much worse.
Maybe not even during this wave, but if not now, it will be growing in silence until more action.

This morning my husband was concerned after reading that some woman had announced that-
“There is no firm evidence that sex with children is harmful.”
My husband went nuts!
I had to reign him in and reminded him of all the things I have said above.
These and other "statements" should no longer shock us , evil is and must have 'it allotted time'. It will all get even 'darker' and far worse before we see the dawn of God's New Day. So Buckle up.

I told my husband- “ If this is going to shake you , then you need to be prepared. “

God has said - “ I will shake all that can be shaken..” The furnace will be seven times hotter...but we will not bow the knee...there is one with us in the fire ...the Son of God...

So, Will you also be shaken?

God has had us 'in training’ throughout all of our christian life.
He will yet manifest His Glorious Church , that He has given to us and covered us with His Armour that He has given for this very time.

To each one of us God is saying what was said to Queen Esther -“ Who knoweth that thou has been brought to the kingdom for such an time as this.”

We do really need to start looking up , changing our focus …stop looking at what the Devil is doing and focus on what God is doing and is preparing in the heavens …if all this is happening here now, much more is happening in God’s realm.

PLEASE, if you feel the ‘need' to start yet another thread about what is happening in the earth…PLEASE also take a moment to also start a thread with some victory in it too! Bring balance to the Site.

Please don’t forget Who’s messengers and ambassador we are supposed to be.

Sounds as though you have been inspired by the Holy Spirit to jolt us out of our lethargy. My take on all that is happening is not so much as what is happening but what our response is to it. So far, it seems nothing. But it is a good opportunity to preach the good news of the kingdom and use all the ways that are available to us.

I use the media regularly to put the alternative to what is happening and to set a light on the hill. As expected, I get roasted by the evildoers, but that is their problem, not mine. I write a lot about the evils of homosexuality and there is always some homosexual who will try and blast me into eternity, but I reply with proven facts about the homosexual way of life and so far, they wither away and die because they know they cannot counteract what I say.

If it is the truth that sets us free, then that is what we need to propagate. Sadly because of the wishy-washy nature of a lot of churches, the people do not know what the truth is. I am grateful to God he has given me a fierce desire to unearth the truth and I will leave no stone unturned to find it.

I have noticed that if you speak the truth in whatever medium you have chosen, it usually wins as in "I am born homosexual." "If that is the case, what is your evidence?" "Well I don't have any but I know I was born homosexual." "Well if you don't have any evidence how can you know that you are born homosexual?" "Well, I am homosexual so there is your evidence." "So what you are saying is because I drive a car, that is evidence I am a garage?" "Well no, but...."

Calm presentation of the truth goes a long way as a soft answer turns away wrath.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not sure that Satan needs to bring anyone in to attack - think we are doing that quite well by ourselves - look at all the divisions that exist, all the angst there is between one another- and we are all contributing, joining in. The world takes offence at every opportunity, isn’t that what happens within the threads here. You cannot have a constructive conversation without it turning into a war between posters.
If this is what it’s like in the forum, what’s it like in the churches - or is it that people are more real here. That this is a place to let of steam , frustration.
When I was looking at Nehemiah yesterday the writer of the study book mentioned that when the Israelites left Egypt they did not know how to fight the enemies that surrounded them, they had been enslaved. It’s something they had to learn to do- they spent time in the wilderness learning about relationship with the Lord.
Well, Nehemiah is a picture of redemption, relationship and restoration - but it’s also about doing things WITH the Lord, Nehemiah never lost sight of who he needed.
I am on my own learning curve as I lost sight of ‘ Who ‘ I needed but also I am well aware that we are in a battle, and that takes training and guidance - but no one ever really talks about ‘ HOW ‘ we should be fighting within the currant situations. It’s okay knowing what is going on, quite another to actually ‘ hear ‘ what God is saying to us as individuals or collectively . It strikes me that many convey things that have been laid on their hearts , but often as not many on here don’t want to hear , they just want to carry on talking and doing their own thing. That is not fighting in a spiritual way, it’s doing what the world does.
If we were all humbling ourselves to the Lord, wouldn’t it show itself throughout the forum !?
Rita xx

I was thinking about some of the things you have said over the last week or so. The contributors are very diverse here and it is a good place to get a lot of ideas about whatever. No one size fits all and that is probably not a bad thing. So why do people have their 5 cents worth here?

My thinking on this is that they are not allowed to have any input in their own churches unless you are an ordained minister or the top five people in the church. What that produces is people who are expected to sit on the premises not stand on the promises.

As we are all able ministers of the new covenant we are all endowed with the ability to share the gospel of the kingdom and when I say that I don't mean come to Jesus and get saved. The gospel of the Kingdom is a whole way of life from the cradle to the grave and an older woman who teaches younger women is presenting the gospel of the Kingdom. That is why we need to ditch sermons where one size fits all and introduce investigative dialogue amongst people so that they can learn line upon line from each other.

If we are able ministers of the new covenant and we are, then to keep most people silent it to say that we are not able ministers of the new covenant and God has made a mistake.