Door to door witnessing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
me too! i was pretty sure we were friended there, anyway...havent been there much lately
he's the one with the baby owl, right?

yes , there are about six of his name……and he is the avatar holding the young owl. But for the life of me, I can’t work out how to friend anyone anymore …FB have made things so complicated for the likes of me! LOL

but you don’t need to be friends to message him. If you pull up the profile of the Ron L …with the owl…you can still message him if not friends. So that’s good.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man I feel sorry for the door to door people. Before I was a Christian I had friends that just loved to be horrible to those people. I mean horrible. They felt that they had every right to just humiliate these people because they came to their house. I do not think it is a good way of spreading the gospel. I have no idea how to efficiently spread the gospel.

Reactions: Nancy

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man I feel sorry for the door to door people. Before I was a Christian I had friends that just loved to be horrible to those people. I mean horrible. They felt that they had every right to just humiliate these people because they came to their house. I do not think it is a good way of spreading the gospel. I have no idea how to efficiently spread the gospel.

I think the best way to spread the word is through your actions with the people you already know …. And you don’t have to go to Africa as a missionary. There’s nothing wrong with going to Africa but you can make the most impact through the people you know.
Buying them a cup of coffee, buying lunch, hosting an event, performing a random act of kindness. These things will make people notice and embrace you more when you start speaking about the word. This can be done at work, with your extended family, with your neighbor or just buying something for a stranger on the street or at a restaurant.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Farouk
Yes, he is doing okay. We discuss scripture but he prefers to pray and study on his own at the moment, which is fine as he is finding his feet. He tends to listen to sermons on line and we talk about them when 8 get home from work. He is reading quite a lot of scripture as he wants to read the whole Bible. He has picked up a few gems along the way that I had not noticed, so he is definitely way ahead of where I was as a young Christian when I came to faith. He weighs things up for himself. ,that was something I didn’t do for years, I just believed what I heard for a very long time. Thank you for asking…..right better get ready for work x
@Rita How wonderful he is feeding frequently on the Word! his profession probably also has something to do with his mom's many prayers for him over the years...

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita How wonderful he is feeding frequently on the Word! his profession probably also has something to do with his mom's many prayers for him over the years...
There are many links to the chain that brings a person to faith, all intertwined with the work of The Holy Spirit, but it often starts with a prayer xx

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are many links to the chain that brings a person to faith, all intertwined with the work of The Holy Spirit, but it often starts with a prayer xx
@Rita I'm sure this is true. It must be so encouraging now to see him growing and developing in faith....

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita He's the son who got several tattoos years back, right? maybe now he'll be more open to something faith based, (like his mom's)...
No, Dan doesn’t have tattoos, he is the one who suffers with agoraphobia and doesn’t go out. It’s his two older brothers that have tattoos.
Anyway we should let this thread get back on tract ……xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, Dan doesn’t have tattoos, he is the one who suffers with agoraphobia and doesn’t go out. It’s his two older brothers that have tattoos.
Anyway we should let this thread get back on tract ……xx
@Rita Oh okay...

Hoping his agoraphobia will improve, now that his whole outlook has changed..... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think the best way to spread the word is through your actions with the people you already know …. And you don’t have to go to Africa as a missionary. There’s nothing wrong with going to Africa but you can make the most impact through the people you know.
Buying them a cup of coffee, buying lunch, hosting an event, performing a random act of kindness. These things will make people notice and embrace you more when you start speaking about the word. This can be done at work, with your extended family, with your neighbor or just buying something for a stranger on the street or at a restaurant.
Hi @GaryAnderson It has been said that you are either a missionary or a mission field...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The first person I had a debate with here was ‘ Stranger ‘…..he was challenging at times but I kind of liked him. I liked ‘ Aspen ‘ as well. ……….
@Rita Sometimes our minds go back to when we started on these forums; and I think you were 'Butterfly', right?

You're right; I've not seen Aspen lately...

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It tend to think deep speaks to deep. If you are going to talk to me about your closest relationship we had better have a close relationship

And I don't think Jesus was wrong in any way for having his disciples to witness from door to door. It stands to reason that the disciples didn't know each person personally when they witnessed door to door, that doesn't make it wrong. I do agree that each person has the right to say who can and can't come to his/her home and witness.

Reactions: JohnPaul

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just got a visit from two calvanist baptists at my door who tried to tell me about their most intimate relationship by handing me a track......

They wanted to know if I was saved and i told them that I had faith that the good work Jesus had started within me would be completed.......apparently that wasnt good enough.

One, asked me what church I attended.....catholic was not the right answer either

He asked me what Heaven was and i quoted Luke 17:21

Then, he asked if I believed in the Bible and whipped out his King James......when I reminded him that I had just quoted scripture - he seemed to become frustrated.

When I asked him what he thought Heaven was - he said perfection and I asked him what perfection is and he said ‘I don’t know’. Then, he told me that he was just trying to share the gospel - i invited him to proceed.

He declined because, according to him, I am arrogant and a mocker and a scoffer.......and told me that he was worried about me going to Hell in a quite angry tone.....when I asked him why he appeared so angry, he denied it.

It do have to admit that i still find it baffling when strangers come to my door and get angry when I do not go along with the program they have prepared for me...

So anyway, after fully recognizing that I wasn’t in some petty argument online.....I sent them on their way (and yes, they were ready to dust off their feet for sure).

So, is it effective to witness to strangers at their home with tracks?

I vote no

Why because these people failed with you? I'm supposed to ignore all the many door to door witnessing, hundreds of them, thousands even, that were successful over the many years that Jehovah's Witnesses have been witnessing

Reactions: JohnPaul

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am comfortable with that.

If you're truly serious about what you said here, then why not get off this forum and stay off, wouldn't that prove that you truly believe what you said here? Or are you just as bad as the ones you speak out against. Because you're witnessing to many here that you have no personal relationship with.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There certainly isn't anything wrong in how you say to witness here. I guess I'm just favorable to Jesus way. When Jesus told his apostles to go out to all the nations and make disciples. I agree they spread the Gospel in many different ways but they also did it by door to door witnessig. I'm not going to agree that there was a more effective way of accomplishing this global work of the then known world. The way the apostles went to all the nations as Jesus commanded them wasn't ineffective preaching work because some imperfect person thinks they know a better way than how Jesus said to do it. I agree that we should use all effective ways to teach about Jesus and the kingdom of God. But to say the best way to spread the Gospel is through people you already know as though Jesus was wrong in some way because there was a better way to spread the gospel to the then known world than the way he told his apostles.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Rita So how is he doing now these days?
hi Farouk . He is not too bad,he does go over and stay with his sister from time to time just to give some other social interaction. When he is there he finds he can cope with going to a cafe with my brother in law, so it’s little steps forward
Rita

Reactions: farouk