Drawing the wrong conclusions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The whole world is NOT saved because God “loves” it. The love of God provided a way of salvation. Titus 2:11. Says.....the grace of God appeared to ALL MEN. This does not mean all men are saved even though grace saves. It is still up to us to comply with Gods conditions of salvation. We know this is true because ALL MEN ARE NOT SAVED.
God has one condition for salvation.... Faith in him.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing in Rom 8 that teaches your horrible society corrupting doctrine. “Christians” do whatever they want because they’ve been taught they will go to heaven no matter how they live their lives. They can lie, cheat, steal ,fornicate, commit adultery, have 4 wives and it don’t matter because I “ believed in Christ”. “ I GOT SAVED”. Congratulations on your contribution.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has one condition for salvation.... Faith in him.
In Eph 2:5. It says we are saved by grace. That must mean grace alone. But you just said we are saved by faith. That must be faith alone. How can salvation be by grace “alone”, and then have salvation by “faith” alone? You know I can go on and on with this.
The reasonable adult knows that is an impossibility. But you and many, many others don’t care because you so love your doctrine more than truth.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing in Rom 8 that teaches your horrible society corrupting doctrine. “Christians” do whatever they want because they’ve been taught they will go to heaven no matter how they live their lives. They can lie, cheat, steal ,fornicate, commit adultery, have 4 wives and it don’t matter because I “ believed in Christ”. “ I GOT SAVED”. Congratulations on your contribution.

Then you do not know how to read.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. The whole world is NOT saved because God “loves” it
And I did NOT say that the whole world is saved because God loves it. I did say that God offers salvation to the whole world in and through Christ.

JOHN 3
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it speaks of Christians. Peter wrote this letter to Christians and verse 20 says....
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
This passage tells of the one who had become a believer and then fell back into the corruption of the world. You teach the false doctrine that a Christian can’t fall and be separated from God. You guys lovvvvve Rom 8. You’ll use it to teach more false doctrine.

2 Peter 2:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Now learn a bit of English. "Them" is a pronoun referring to the last, preceding, qualified noun. That is "the unjust".

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we buy a property, we can claim that everything on that property is now ours. We have this thing about ownership. We see something and we ask...how much does it cost?

We do the same thing with the bible. We purchase a bible...or get a free copy...and then proceed to do the same thing with it. Anything that we deem we want within it's pages...we claim for ourselves.

When we find that the grace of God is given freely...we immediately claim the free stuff for ourselves. After all, it is OUR bible, and anything that we want in it is ours for the taking.

So we bring the same covetous attitude to the bible that we use in the world...to get what WE want.

How can this not be a recipe for disaster? Is God playing to our covetousness? Is He being a salesman and wanting to increase church membership?

So we make a god in our own selfish image. What we do...we expect God to do. We ignore the fact that God is fully other...completely different from us. His ways are far above our own.
Yet we don't allow for a change of carnal reasoning in regards to eternal truth. We forget the the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Instead we build on that faulty selfish reasoning thus drawing all the wrong conclusions to what we are reading in the bible.

Few can just read what the bible is saying in it's own context. Few can receive the truth.
As I always say: "There can always be more than one lie, but there can never be more than one truth"- Earburner.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Now learn a bit of English. "Them" is a pronoun referring to the last, preceding, qualified noun. That is "the unjust".
I can read English. Let’s read together...
2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
Theses are people who WERE the unjust but escaped through the knowledge of Jesus.
I Can read and comprehend that?

they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
Then the unjust who escaped to become the just have now gone back to be entangled AGAIN in the world. Yes I can read and anybody else that can read will be able to understand that these are people who have turned their backs on Christ AFTER they have enjoyed the salvation he offers. The latter end will be worse than the beginning.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The whole world is NOT saved because God “loves” it. The love of God provided a way of salvation. Titus 2:11. Says.....the grace of God appeared to ALL MEN. This does not mean all men are saved even though grace saves. It is still up to us to comply with Gods conditions of salvation. We know this is true because ALL MEN ARE NOT SAVED.

But I am because I am God's spirit child by birth.

Much love!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I am because I am God's spirit child by birth.

Much love!
What did you do specifically to become Gods spirit child? Don’t give me some vague “born again” response. Be specific.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did you do specifically to become Gods spirit child? Don’t give me some vague “born again” response. Be specific.

It happened this way:

John 1:12-13
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Hard to improve on His Words.

But you have something in mind.

Care to share?

Much love!
Mark

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of late some years ago I have had the same expressed to me, saying that they can do as you have just put forward, but the fact is that if one was to do such Sins, such may in fact be the works of the Devil, so they are not truly with Jesus Christ at all, but may in fact be of Satan.

One has to be truly born again before one knows Grace and ones Faith knows Grace, now the Bible points to ye of little faith ? so fact is that little faith is good in itself but such does not cut it, you need the Grace that faith understands, so it's abiding Faith in Jesus Christ, not faith alone in your self righteousness.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happened this way:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Hard to improve on His Words.

But you have something in mind.

Care to share?

Much love!
Mark
John 1 says he gave those that believe....”power” or some translations say he gave them “the right” to become sons of God. It does not say that those that “believe only” are then born again.
Just 11 chapters later we see individuals that “believed on him” but they would not confess. Jn 12:42
Well, I thought, according to you all they had to do was “believe” and they would become “Gods spirit child”. This is not what the Bible teaches.

Hard to improve on his words”? Good statement...
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Christ words tell us that if you want to be saved you must first believe. Why? Because this gives you the right to now become a “son of God”. Then be baptized and you will be saved or “a son of God” or a part of his family. They are all the same.
If you want to be damned? Then just don’t believe.
Gal 3 tells us this..
Galatians 3:26-29 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Paul explains to the churches of Galatia how they are “children (or sons) of God” by faith.
The word FOR is the greek word gar which means because.
So, Paul tells them they are sons of God by faith...BECAUSE they had been baptized into Christ. Then they became heirs of Gods family, according to the promise. See how the Bible is in complete harmony when you don’t just pick and choose your pet verses and build a doctrine around them.

Why does everybody on here like to pick out JUST certain words they like to exclusion of all others? The Bible in Psalm 119 tells us that the “sum of thy word is truth”.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of late some years ago I have had the same expressed to me, saying that they can do as you have just put forward, but the fact is that if one was to do such Sins, such may in fact be the works of the Devil, so they are not truly with Jesus Christ at all, but may in fact be of Satan.

One has to be truly born again before one knows Grace and ones Faith knows Grace, now the Bible points to ye of little faith ? so fact is that little faith is good in itself but such does not cut it, you need the Grace that faith understands, so it's abiding Faith in Jesus Christ, not faith alone in your self righteousness.
I don’t understand. Are you saying...that those who are “truly born again” won’t sin? How can you tell if one is “truly born again”. I know of a case of a Baptist pastor having a year long affair with a choir girl. I’m sure the entire congregation considered him one to be “truly born again”.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1 says he gave those that believe....”power” or some translations say he gave them “the right” to become sons of God. It does not say that those that “believe only” are then born again.

exousia - the right or authority . . . to them he gave the right to become children of God . . . who were born . . . of God.

Just 11 chapters later we see individuals that “believed on him” but they would not confess. Jn 12:42
Well, I thought, according to you all they had to do was “believe” and they would become “Gods spirit child”. This is not what the Bible teaches.

No . . . actually that's not what I said.

I simply pasted in what the Bible says:

"As many as received him", "even to them that believe on his name", these are the qualifiers given in the text. God gives the right to be born His spirit children, and God gives birth to His spirit children. That is what this passage teaches, does it not?

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Christ words tell us that if you want to be saved you must first believe. Why? Because this gives you the right to now become a “son of God”. Then be baptized and you will be saved or “a son of God” or a part of his family. They are all the same.

Ah . . . baptized. Tell me . . . how many baptisms does the Bible teach?

Gal 3 tells us this..
Galatians 3:26-29 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Baptized into Christ . . . tell me, what does "born again" mean to you?

Paul explains to the churches of Galatia how they are “children (or sons) of God” by faith.
So, Paul tells them they are sons of God by faith...BECAUSE they had been baptized into Christ. Then they became heirs of Gods family, according to the promise.

You are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Simple declarative statement.

For as many of you as have been baptised into Christ have put on Christ. Explanatory statement.

I would answer these things in saying that being immersed into Jesus, into His death and burial allows us to share His resurrection, in our spirit live now, and in our physical resurrection in the ages to come.

We believe in Jesus, receiving Him, and God grants to us the right to be born His children. He joins us to Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection, and we are dead to sin, to the world, to the flesh, and alive unto God in Christ.

See how the Bible is in complete harmony when you don’t just pick and choose your pet verses and build a doctrine around them.
Not sure what your relevance is here . . . but, yeah.

Much love!
Mark

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you want to be damned? Then just don’t believe.
Gal 3 tells us this..
So, Paul tells them they are sons of God by faith...BECAUSE they had been baptized into Christ. Then they became heirs of Gods family, according to the promise. See how the Bible is in complete harmony when you don’t just pick and choose your pet verses and build a doctrine around them.

Why does everybody on here like to pick out JUST certain words they like to exclusion of all others? The Bible in Psalm 119 tells us that the “sum of thy word is truth”.

I can't make any sense out of your post. When you cite the bible the format is book chapter:verse. When you say "baptize" you can not assume that means "in water" because it doesn't. The baptizing can be in anything.

Acts 1:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

"But" sets the two baptisms in contrast. Water baptism is out.