Drawing the wrong conclusions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says....nor any other creature. It does not say “you”. It says any OTHER creature. Why does it say “other” if it is referring to you? The truth is...you can walk away from the faith.

Hi CNKW3,

On this point,

Romans 8
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is better understood not as "a creature who is not you", rather, any other created thing.

All these things, none of them can separate you from God's love, and even beyond that, nothing else that was created can either.

And to confirm this point, well, the first that comes to mind is Hebrews, He has promised, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Let's say you did think to walk away from God, assuming you are truly born again, redeemed, one of His. What would God do?

He has promised, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Will He forsake you?

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA and Nancy

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
But the condition of that eternity is to walk in eternal life and power now. If we overcome as Jesus overcame (instead of this silly doctrine that Jesus overcame for us or instead of us) then God will allow us to rule with Christ. People that are betting on a good outcome for a mediocre performance on earth are trying to make a detour around..."you shall reap what you have sown" And I'm not talking about a fleshly performance. I'm talking about the works of faith. The works prepared in advance that we SHOULD walk in them.

God save us from <we overcome as Jesus overcame>!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we buy a property, we can claim that everything on that property is now ours. We have this thing about ownership. We see something and we ask...how much does it cost?

We do the same thing with the bible. We purchase a bible...or get a free copy...and then proceed to do the same thing with it. Anything that we deem we want within it's pages...we claim for ourselves.

When we find that the grace of God is given freely...we immediately claim the free stuff for ourselves. After all, it is OUR bible, and anything that we want in it is ours for the taking.

So we bring the same covetous attitude to the bible that we use in the world...to get what WE want.

How can this not be a recipe for disaster? Is God playing to our covetousness? Is He being a salesman and wanting to increase church membership?

So we make a god in our own selfish image. What we do...we expect God to do. We ignore the fact that God is fully other...completely different from us. His ways are far above our own.
Yet we don't allow for a change of carnal reasoning in regards to eternal truth. We forget the the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Instead we build on that faulty selfish reasoning thus drawing all the wrong conclusions to what we are reading in the bible.

Few can just read what the bible is saying in it's own context. Few can receive the truth.

All can receive the Truth. Don't be trapped by vague terms like "Few".
Jesus died for each ones benefit. Each and every person.

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Thanks for this example of drawing a wrong conclusion. :)

Jesus is still telling the truth today...even if it is no longer "our" truth.

We are at the point where the church can't hear the truth anymore...never mind the world.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another huge error is in the false conclusion of being "saved" as a status. A cursory bible study on this subject shows that salvation is mainly about being delivered in our daily troubles. Salvation is deliverance.

Jesus said in His famous prayer...deliver (save) us from evil. THAT is the salvation that is mostly confirmed in the bible. Does God only deliver us from evil once??? Or is this daily like our daily bread?

There is a passage where Paul says..."all who remain in the ship will be saved". Now with the wrong conclusions so prevalent in today's church...why is there no sect that believes in living aboard a ship for salvation? It is the same reasoning as they use for their religious "assurances."
I attended one place where a minister regularly would speak of remaining in the "ark of safety". Unfortunately, I never recall him trying to explain with or without scripture what that ark of safety was. Hopefully he knew what it was.

Reactions: Episkopos

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, for each every person, but many never take hold of what would be theirs... if only they would.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we don't have to achieve a standard of behaviour, all we have to do is strive.
But in this striving are we not required to use as fully as we are able all that God provides in the way of tools? Does God never provide for us additional tools for additional possibilities? Do we not limit God when we do not take hold of each new thing He set before us?

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I attended one place where a minister regularly would speak of remaining in the "ark of safety". Unfortunately, I never recall him trying to explain with or without scripture what that ark of safety was. Hopefully he knew what it was.

I may have been certain sermon topics that were safe to say without too many questions at the end. Just a guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may have been certain sermon topics that we safe to say without too many questions at the end. Just a guess...
Yes, from other comments heard over time I believe his reference begins with the Ark built by Noah as a type or shadow. Everyone inside was saved from the flood on the outside. But within are men and beasts [2 types]. Are we able to carry that forward from the type or shadow to the reality?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But in this striving are we not required to use as fully as we are able all that God provides in the way of tools? Does God never provide for us additional tools for additional possibilities? Do we not limit God when we do not take hold of each new thing He set before us?

Yes we are. Yes we should and yes we fail and need to come to God for forgiveness.

Reactions: amadeus

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:20-21 does not speak of Christians. You have omitted the context:

2 Peter 2:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

The remainder of the chapter speaks of that group.
Of course it speaks of Christians. Peter wrote this letter to Christians and verse 20 says....
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
This passage tells of the one who had become a believer and then fell back into the corruption of the world. You teach the false doctrine that a Christian can’t fall and be separated from God. You guys lovvvvve Rom 8. You’ll use it to teach more false doctrine.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi CNKW3,

On this point,

Romans 8
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is better understood not as "a creature who is not you", rather, any other created thing.

All these things, none of them can separate you from God's love, and even beyond that, nothing else that was created can either.

And to confirm this point, well, the first that comes to mind is Hebrews, He has promised, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Let's say you did think to walk away from God, assuming you are truly born again, redeemed, one of His. What would God do?

He has promised, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Will He forsake you?

Much love!
The truth is that....God so loved the world.... that does not mean the world is saved. He loved you before when you weren’t a Christian. He loves you as a Christian, and he will still love you after you have left the faith. Don’t misconstrue love with salvation.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don’t misconstrue love with salvation.
But God combines His love and His salvation in John 3:16. His Salvation (Jesus, Yeshua, God is our salvation) was given to the whole world because God so loved the world.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not our judgment or responsibility to write names into the book of life.
That's a given. It is God who wrote those names in the Book of Life, and they are erased only as men reject God, reject Christ and reject the Gospel.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is that....God so loved the world.... that does not mean the world is saved. He loved you before when you weren’t a Christian. He loves you as a Christian, and he will still love you after you have left the faith. Don’t misconstrue love with salvation.
osas.jpg

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But God combines His love and His salvation in John 3:16. His Salvation (Jesus, Yeshua, God is our salvation) was given to the whole world because God so loved the world.
No. The whole world is NOT saved because God “loves” it. The love of God provided a way of salvation. Titus 2:11. Says.....the grace of God appeared to ALL MEN. This does not mean all men are saved even though grace saves. It is still up to us to comply with Gods conditions of salvation. We know this is true because ALL MEN ARE NOT SAVED.