Drawing the wrong conclusions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Habakkuk 2:13-16
[13] Behold, is it not of the Lord of hosts that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for very vanity? [14] For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord , as the waters cover the sea. [15] Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him , and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness! [16] Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the Lord's right hand shall be turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.

Don’t think it is as much sexual as exposing another's fall or sin...to glory in it to others. Uncovering another’s nakedness for self glory.

What do you see in the Son’s of Noah? you do you see here at: done “you might find it interesting what brought about Ham's "curse," "24When Noah awoke from his drunkenness and learned what his youngest son had done to him..."
ah well my point there was that curses or blessings manifest due to actions, works, regardless of whatever it is that Ham actually did. But your perception there sounds like something a Ham might do, ya

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When we buy a property, we can claim that everything on that property is now ours. We have this thing about ownership. We see something and we ask...how much does it cost?

We do the same thing with the bible. We purchase a bible...or get a free copy...and then proceed to do the same thing with it. Anything that we deem we want within it's pages...we claim for ourselves.

When we find that the grace of God is given freely...we immediately claim the free stuff for ourselves. After all, it is OUR bible, and anything that we want in it is ours for the taking.

So we bring the same covetous attitude to the bible that we use in the world...to get what WE want.

How can this not be a recipe for disaster? Is God playing to our covetousness? Is He being a salesman and wanting to increase church membership?

So we make a god in our own selfish image. What we do...we expect God to do. We ignore the fact that God is fully other...completely different from us. His ways are far above our own.
Yet we don't allow for a change of carnal reasoning in regards to eternal truth. We forget the the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Instead we build on that faulty selfish reasoning thus drawing all the wrong conclusions to what we are reading in the bible.

Few can just read what the bible is saying in it's own context. Few can receive the truth.
Hello @Episkopos,

Are you speaking from personal experience? For I do not recognise this as a description of someone who has been saved by grace, through faith in the sacrificial work of Christ on their behalf.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point 2. "That we believe INTO Jesus". There is a mystery here...that few care to recognize.

The little word in Greek "eis" which means a change of location..."to" or "into" is translated using words that make more sense in English...but destroy the scandal....the difficulties...raised up in the Greek wording....and meaning.

So there is a problem in our bible translations. It's in the details. But how can you explain the miraculous process of being IN another person using words that can easily be misinterpreted by selfish people? Well, you can't.

The truth needs those who have entered into Christ to explain it.

So then the miraculous work of God (grace) brings us into Christ...so that we experience His life.

Another similar verse that is misunderstood is..

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on (to, into) me hath everlasting life.

We who believe into Jesus are now experiencing HIS eternal kind of life. That is the truth. This is about entering into the miraculous life of Jesus right now. But of course this is taken to mean if you have a religious belief about Jesus that you will have eternal life after you die. That is the selfish way of getting the bible wrong. People call this assurance of salvation... a man-made selfish doctrine that is erroneously cobbled together from drawing the wrong conclusions from certain selected verses.
We don’t believe “into” Jesus. The two verses you cited are never translated “into”. This is because we are baptized “into” Christ. Rom 6:3; Gal 3:27; 1 Cor 12:13
One does not enter into Christ at the point of belief. You have drawn a wrong conclusion.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don’t believe “into” Jesus. The two verses you cited are never translated “into”. This is because we are baptized “into” Christ. Rom 6:3; Gal 3:27; 1 Cor 12:13
One does not enter into Christ at the point of belief. You have drawn a wrong conclusion.
We are saved when we have faith in Christ.

We are born again into Christ by the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Better yet, he is baptized to us.

Reactions: Helen

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved when we have faith in Christ.

We are born again into Christ by the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Better yet, he is baptized to us.
I noticed you didn’t give scripture. You made both of those up. This is the doctrine according to CoreIssue.
1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Episkopos,

Are you speaking from personal experience? For I do not recognise this as a description of someone who has been saved by grace, through faith in the sacrificial work of Christ on their behalf.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Do you mean saved by the power of God as being less than the power of an opinion about what Jesus did?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Is this the gospel according to CNKW3? You just contradicted yourself in your misleading statements that are based on nothing more than conjecture.

The truth is that unless you can believe TO or INTO (Greek eis)...you can't be baptized INTO Christ.

Is that logic too much?

Do a proper investigation...

Reactions: Helen

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this the gospel according to CNKW3? You just contradicted yourself in your misleading statements that are based on nothing more than conjecture.

The truth is that unless you can believe TO or INTO (Greek eis)...you can't be baptized INTO Christ.

Is that logic too much?

Do a proper investigation...
Where’s the contradiction? Of course one has to believe first. Christ said he that believes AND IS baptized shall be saved. Paul said in Rom 10 that one has to call on the name of the lord to be saved and that comes AFTER belief.
Romans 10:13-14 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
One has to believe before they can call. So what you seem to be teaching is that a person can be saved without baptism and without calling on the name of the lord. That is false. To be “in Christ” is to be where salvation lies....
2 Tim 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
Again....one DOES NOT believe INTO Christ. The Bible NEVER says that. You believe first then call in order to be saved or to be “In Christ” where salvation lies.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean saved by the power of God as being less than the power of an opinion about what Jesus did?
Hello @Episkopos,

In your entry which I responded to, you made a lot of assumptions as to how people approach the Word of God, which I could not identify with, it not having been my experience. I assumed you were therefore speaking from personal experience of your own approach to the Scriptures.

As to your question (above) I do not understand quite where this comes into what has gone before in the thread, however, in answer to your question, I believe that man is saved by the power of God, yes; but that man's opinion has no relevance where the Scriptures are concerned.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again....one DOES NOT believe INTO Christ. The Bible NEVER says that. You believe first then call in order to be saved or to be “In Christ” where salvation lies.

You are not understanding the bible...the message...or what salvation entails if you aren't getting what it means to believe to Christ where He is. We are to seek the kingdom of God.

Since the kingdom of God is not of this world...how can you seek a kingdom that is in another place? Unless faith can take us TO or INTO (Greek eis) another realm?

(If you continue to obfuscate in your lack of thinking before you post this is the last post I will speak with you...you will be on ignore. )

I only engage in honest discussion with people with some reading comprehension and some honesty.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not understanding the bible...the message...or what salvation entails if you aren't getting what it means to believe to Christ where He is. We are to seek the kingdom of God.

Since the kingdom of God is not of this world...how can you seek a kingdom that is in another place? Unless faith can take us TO or INTO (Greek eis) another realm?

(If you continue to obfuscate in your lack of thinking before you post this is the last post I will speak with you...you will be on ignore. )

I only engage in honest discussion with people with some reading comprehension and some honesty.
This is so typical. You add to what the Bible says by telling everyone they can believe “into” Christ when the Bible never says anything like that and I call you on it. You cannot provide any other Bible support so now you are angry and want to ignore. All you had to do is admit that the Bible doesn’t actually teach that and move on. You so called “Christians” are such a cliche. Whatever ever happened to...
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Be ready always to give an answer? No. I think I will just ignore. You can ignore all you want but that won’t stop me from pointing out your false teaching.

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In your entry which I responded to, you made a lot of assumptions as to how people approach the Word of God, which I could not identify with, it not having been my experience. I assumed you were therefore speaking from personal experience of your own approach to the Scriptures.

This is the problem with everyone coming at the walk of faith from only one perspective.

I have learned more than one perspective as facets of God's ways with man. I was baptized in the Spirit in my room...but then met many believers who had never experienced walking in the light.

I am not trying to make people conform to my experience...but simply what the bible is saying...in the original language.

Could the lack of power in the modern churches be simply due to faulty bible translations? Or is the problem much deeper? Could the truth, which the natural mind cannot grasp, be just too hard to accept?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the problem with everyone coming at the walk of faith from only one perspective.

I have learned more than one perspective as facets of God's ways with man. I was baptized in the Spirit in my room...but then met many believers who had never experienced walking in the light.

I am not trying to make people conform to my experience...but simply what the bible is saying...in the original language.

Could the lack of power in the modern churches be simply due to faulty bible translations? Or is the problem much deeper? Could the truth, which the natural mind cannot grasp, be just too hard to accept?
The Bible doesn’t say what you just said. Not one time in all the NT was anybody ever baptized with Spirit, in their room, for salvation. It was never a personal experience. Everyone beginning in acts 2 obeyed the message preached and the message preached was never just believe or say some prayer or just ask God for forgiveness, be baptized by the Spirit. It is called a “common” salvation. Ju 3. But I know you dont care even though the Bible says to “prove all things”. Your doctrine says...I felt it so it must be right even though the Bible says that “it is not in man to direct his own steps”. I am presenting you the truth which I know you won’t accept.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are not saved by experience.

So many cults and other religions stress experience.

Things like this is why I call you Gnostic.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Personally I feel the root sin to be envy, or covetousness.

Even with all the bad teaching around, and with all the translations, God says what He says so many places and ways that even with all the interferance the message still gets through.

But we don't always want it to come through, like when we fear it will take away our position and power, and we have to accept that we actually are like other men, and that we are one in Christ, that God is not a respecter of persons.

But with this one will I live . . .

Much love!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a link click it.

It has plenty of verses commentary on what you asked.
Just to clarify. Before I watch anything. You take the position of all these videos. These videos are speaking for you? Is that right?