Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a dream many years ago, and in it there were these technologically advanced people that were forcing stuff on the less advanced people. I was with a guy and a girl and we were less advanced. We were all on this mountain. So we went up to a cave where we knew God was. We carefully walked in and saw that he had three wives and looked like a short Moses with a grey beard and full head of hair. We pleaded with him to help. He flew up into the clouds and brought a flood so that we all were flooded up to the high mountain areas.

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember that the people in the dream were middle east, so I think that is the area it was about. All the people had to go to higher ground even the technologically advanced harassers.

I had the dream some 20 years ago, and still remember it well, which means it may have been from God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember that the people in the dream were middle east, so I think that is the area it was about. All the people had to go to higher ground even the technologically advanced harassers.

I had the dream some 20 years ago, and still remember it well, which means it may have been from God.
Did you ask God to tell you the meaning?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you ask God to tell you the meaning?
I took some of it to be literal like the flooding and the middle east. But there was some symbolism in there, like the three wives of God. I'll check with God. But I would image the three wives were three churches.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I took some of it to be literal like the flooding and the middle east. But there was some symbolism in there, like the three wives of God. I'll check with God. But I would image the three wives were three churches.
Could be, but if you ask He will make it clear for you.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be, but if you ask He will make it clear for you.
God looking like Moses and having three wives, suggest three pre-New Testament religions. That is the obvious symbolism. I asked and that's what I got.

I'm thinking there is some area with three pre-Christian religions that is being oppressed by a technologically advanced people.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God looking like Moses and having three wives, suggest three pre-New Testament religions. That is the obvious symbolism. I asked and that's what I got.

I'm thinking there is some area with three pre-Christian religions that is being oppressed by a technologically advanced people.
Jews, Pagans and Ishmaelites (Muslims)?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @Pearl, a quick search came up with this:

"All three major Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and, Islam) originated from the Middle East and are present in the Middle East."

So I didn't totally get it right, Christianity is in there. Religion in the Middle East - Wikipedia

Reactions: Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have forgotten all dreams for many years, now I am dreaming all kinds of weird things that I cannot after a bit remember except one that I had several nights ago. I dreamt that everyone everywhere hated me, even my family and all kinds of old friends. Do you think that was from God? Nah. It's just the churches have not been kind and welcoming to me, and I no longer have the old friends I once did-they see me as a traitor and many, many have unfriended me on FB since I became a Christian. It's been like this for well over a decade, day in, day out.

I think I have to give up on these churches today, many are now preaching a very liberal "gospel", or they are not at all welcoming. Tired of not being able to speak in a bible study UNLESS you agree with it all. I was shot down twice in a Calvinistic church (the coldest place I ever attended) when questioning one of the men teachers and he just shut me right up. BUT when a MAN asked, it was all nice and accepted. DONE!

God bless you brother @dev553344 , yours does seem to be from God!

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have forgotten all dreams for many years, now I am dreaming all kinds of weird things that I cannot after a bit remember except one that I had several nights ago. I dreamt that everyone everywhere hated me, even my family and all kinds of old friends. Do you think that was from God? Nah. It's just the churches have not been kind and welcoming to me, and I no longer have the old friends I once did-they see me as a traitor and many, many have unfriended me on FB since I became a Christian. It's been like this for well over a decade, day in, day out.

I think I have to give up on these churches today, many are now preaching a very liberal "gospel", or they are not at all welcoming. Tired of not being able to speak in a bible study UNLESS you agree with it all. I was shot down twice in a Calvinistic church (the coldest place I ever attended) when questioning one of the men teachers and he just shut me right up. BUT when a MAN asked, it was all nice and accepted. DONE!

God bless you brother @dev553344 , yours does seem to be from God!
Thanks @Nancy. I kinda gave up on churches as I was wronged by one and haven't trusted them since. And churches today look nothing like what the disciples of Jesus set up anyways. I still catch church online though for my religious needs and such.

Sorry to hear you have had troubles with churches. But ya I see that in my own life too. God is still good to us and loves us.

• Love