Dreaming Big

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what ever happens to those dreams you have as a child. My worship pastor recently got this huge opportunity where he has been able to go off and sing with Bethel this week. I think that is an amazing thing God did for him. And David Hogan set it up for him because he has spoke at their churches and things.

But for me, I kinda just feel honored to sing on the worship team. When I was little I had that dream to sing like some.of these big bands, but never quite pursued it. You sort of spend so many years working through childhood things and mental health things, some of those big dreams go on the back burner and then you kinda have to start cooking again after a long time. :D

After childhood I think many stop dreaming big and goal planning big. My church encourages the big thinking and big dreams, because God is a big God, and His Word says anything is possible to those who believe. I just don't know what those big dreams are anymore. In the last four years my life has changed so much. Well six. I got married. But you get two kids, covid lockdown, an entire part of the Bible you kinda weren't awaken too before... I am a different person now.

While my dreams are children's missions and singing, I don't really see the end result or goal steps to get there. Kinda like walking in fog right now. Can y'all pray for me that God helps me "dream" again? And not just dream, spinning my wheels, but sow into things? I'm sowing into things now with where.I work and stuff. But just to go deeper now, and not so bad as.to where it effects my hubby and kids negatively, but in positive ways. I want to dream big again. :)

In all honesty, I don't know if I would want to do something like be a "singer" like Bethel. But I know I love God and want to sing. You have to really want something to really go after it.

You know an "impossible dream" that I more dream about these days? Just going with a family like David Hogan's and being part of that ministry. Singing where they go and learning how to look fear in the face. Gaining a spirit of boldness. Learning how to have a gift like healing someone's disease or ailment. My spirit leaps within me when I think about that. That one isn't something I'd know how to pursue though. It kinda be something like a divine appointment. I know our worship leader it was a mix of both. He has quite some talent.

Reactions: Lambano

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then some days.I feel like my dream is to just run back to the small country church where I have loved ones waiting there for me. But I know growing pains are just hard in my spiritual walk. Better a little lonely and pursuing God with all my heart.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you! Dreams are great but they can't replace family for sure. I think you have the right idea. Family must be included in our dreams.